Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/23, 01:03 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,118 Likes on 1,700 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Anybody else have Sheetz near them? We drove past on the 4th and the line was a mile long because they were offering $1.77/gal for regular. The line was CRAZY long!
I have a couple of sheets that are nearby, but didn't find out about the $1.77 special for regular gas until it was broadcast on the local news at 6PM
The following users liked this post:
08GTCandyApple (7/8/23)
Old 7/7/23, 01:48 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,797 Likes on 2,072 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Stuckey's had the best pecan logs ever. I loved those things.
If Memory Serves You Got a Box of Treats With a Fill Up Back in the 60's-70'S Which Was the Last Time I was at a Stuckys! That 440 Dodge Charger R/T Could Not Suck the Gas Down Quick Enough For Me and the Next Stop!

Mgb,

KC

MMMMMMMMMM!

Last edited by 05stangkc; 7/7/23 at 01:50 PM.
Old 7/8/23, 04:14 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Gorgeous rainbow Jill. But I could barely focus on it with that yard full of beautiful Fords lol.
Thanks, lol. Hubby still swears his truck is prettier than my mine, but I know he’s wrong! He does get a lot of compliments on his though even though it is just a black F350 King Ranch
Originally Posted by Siber Express
We have Buc-ee's around me here, in fact although I have never been to one I will be going past the Largest Buc-ee's (74,000 Square Feet and 120 Pumps) in the morning in Sevierville TN.
I have never seen a Buc-ees!

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Never heard of this company but sounds mighty interesting! I remember good old Stucky's
I remember Stuckey’s!

Spending the weekend with my brother and SIL at their beach house. Not the best sunrise this morning…..but I’ll take it!

And I may have convinced him to ditch his Wrangler after driving my Bronco!

Stage_3 (7/8/23)
Old 7/8/23, 11:30 AM
Service Manager

Received 442 Likes on 218 Posts

And I may have convinced him to ditch his Wrangler after driving my Bronco!
Tell him to come over to the dark side....people won't get mad if he doesn't wave..lol
Old 7/9/23, 04:03 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by svopaul
Tell him to come over to the dark side....people won't get mad if he doesn't wave..lol

He’s not really the waving type, lol. But you’d be surprised at how many people it seems get butt hurt if you don’t wave in the Bronco.

I was following this one for a bit yesterday. I’d absolutely love to have a first gen!

So peaceful…..

Stage_3 (7/9/23)
Old 7/9/23, 07:19 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,001 Likes on 620 Posts
While I love Sheetz and Wawa, we have neither down here. What we DO have is Buc-ee's which blows both of them away...they are out of texas and they sell cheap gas to get you to come in because they know you're going to spend a bunch of money if you come insider the store!
#1 or #2???
We enjoy the billboards. We visited this one in TN in May on our way west to our Vanishing Point/ Rte 66 vacation. We will be going to the new one in Sevierville eventually, probably September.

Stage_3 (7/9/23)
Old 7/9/23, 08:41 AM
Service Manager

Received 442 Likes on 218 Posts
He’s not really the waving type, lol. But you’d be surprised at how many people it seems get butt hurt if you don’t wave in the Bronco.

I was following this one for a bit yesterday. I’d absolutely love to have a first gen!

I love the old Broncos...I had a '66 and shouldn't have sold it but I already had too many projects...still do.

Originally Posted by NC14GT
#1 or #2???
We enjoy the billboards. We visited this one in TN in May on our way west to our Vanishing Point/ Rte 66 vacation. We will be going to the new one in Sevierville eventually, probably September.

I was at our Local one yesterday and I'll be stopping by the Lexington, KY one on my way to Detroit next Wednesday.

One of these days I'm going to do a Rt. 66 drive....
NC14GT (7/11/23)
Old 7/9/23, 11:31 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,724 Likes on 1,227 Posts

So peaceful…..
Gorgeous first gen and an even more gorgeous sunrise!!! (or sunset. lol not sure which it is)
Old 7/9/23, 05:40 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

I love the old Broncos...I had a '66 and shouldn't have sold it but I already had too many projects...still do.

I was at our Local one yesterday and I'll be stopping by the Lexington, KY one on my way to Detroit next Wednesday.

One of these days I'm going to do a Rt. 66 drive....
I would love to have a first gen!

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Gorgeous first gen and an even more gorgeous sunrise!!! (or sunset. lol not sure which it is)
That was sunrise but if I go to the side of the house, I can get the sunset pics too like this! I am so grateful to them for always allowing to stay whenever I want. I could just stay in this room all day staring at this view

The following 3 users liked this post by 08GTCandyApple:
NC14GT (7/11/23), shaneyusa (7/11/23), Stage_3 (7/10/23)
Old 7/10/23, 01:56 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

^^Now that is awesome!!!!
@08GTCandyApple
The following 2 users liked this post by Stage_3:
08GTCandyApple (7/12/23), NC14GT (7/11/23)
Old 7/11/23, 01:04 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,120 Likes on 804 Posts
Very nice place!!! Looks like a great get away spot.
The following 3 users liked this post by shaneyusa:
08GTCandyApple (7/12/23), NC14GT (7/11/23), Stage_3 (7/11/23)
Old 7/12/23, 08:54 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

It is absolutely gorgeous there and I truly love spending time there with them. I only get to see my brother once or twice a year, so I appreciate it even more! It's funny because we really, really didn't grow up with much at all, so I am always amazed with how well he's done. For a guy who almost didn't go to college, he always says that never in a million years did he think he ever be sitting in his very own ocean front beach house..........with his favorite sister

Had to take my hubby to the ER Monday night (technically early Tuesday morning) with excruciating pain. His first kidney stone............but better him than me! Hopefully he will pass it soon so he won't have surgery and have it blasted. I felt so bad for him
The following 3 users liked this post by 08GTCandyApple:
m05fastbackGT (7/15/23), shaneyusa (7/12/23), Stage_3 (7/12/23)
Old 7/12/23, 01:43 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,667 Posts
It is absolutely gorgeous there and I truly love spending time there with them. I only get to see my brother once or twice a year, so I appreciate it even more! It's funny because we really, really didn't grow up with much at all, so I am always amazed with how well he's done. For a guy who almost didn't go to college, he always says that never in a million years did he think he ever be sitting in his very own ocean front beach house..........with his favorite sister

Had to take my hubby to the ER Monday night (technically early Tuesday morning) with excruciating pain. His first kidney stone............but better him than me! Hopefully he will pass it soon so he won't have surgery and have it blasted. I felt so bad for him
Also remember that we have an extra foot of travel!
Old 7/12/23, 02:24 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Wow, that's terrible. I heard that the pain is pretty bad.
I hope he heals well and quickly.
08GTCandyApple (7/13/23)
Old 7/12/23, 03:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts

I can attest that it HURTS. I had one about 3 years ago in middle of the night. Pretty scarry aside from the pain. Was 70 YO but only time I'd ever been in a hospital other than visiting someone. Best guess for cause was hydration levels. I make sure to drink more since. One other downside was test results. They had done a full body scan. I later saw a copy with comments. Mostly a series of "xxxxxx - unremarkable" which I didn't mind until they got to "reproductive organs".

Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 7/12/23 at 03:59 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by HoosierDaddy:
m05fastbackGT (7/21/23), shaneyusa (7/12/23)
Old 7/12/23, 08:35 PM

Sorry about the ER Visit... That is not fun. Took our three grown kids and their families to Maui last December. My youngest son had that happen to him. Too much sun, Not enough water. Hope your hubby will fair like he did. Passed it in less than 48 hours. Still got to enjoy most of his time in the sun with the whole clan.
m05fastbackGT (7/21/23)
Old 7/13/23, 12:21 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Also remember that we have an extra foot of travel!
Right

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
I can attest that it HURTS. I had one about 3 years ago in middle of the night. Pretty scarry aside from the pain. Was 70 YO but only time I'd ever been in a hospital other than visiting someone. Best guess for cause was hydration levels. I make sure to drink more since. One other downside was test results. They had done a full body scan. I later saw a copy with comments. Mostly a series of "xxxxxx - unremarkable" which I didn't mind until they got to "reproductive organs".
I think his is from all of the soda he drinks. He's not a coffee drinker and doesn't drink much water so I'm sure that doesn't help. He said he'd never felt pain like that before. I know he kept telling me to put on my MF'n flashers and hurry and get him to the MF'n hospital, lol. After he spent so much time at the hospital with his daughter when she had cancer, he absolutely hates going so I knew how serious he was about the pain when he told me to take him.

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Sorry about the ER Visit... That is not fun. Took our three grown kids and their families to Maui last December. My youngest son had that happen to him. Too much sun, Not enough water. Hope your hubby will fair like he did. Passed it in less than 48 hours. Still got to enjoy most of his time in the sun with the whole clan.
Oh......I loved Maui! We spent 2 weeks there back in 2010 and it was a great trip, for sure! Thankfully he passed it quickly. He is paranoid that he is going to pass it tomorrow during our appointment at the Union Hall while signing all of his retirement papers
shaneyusa (7/14/23)
Old 7/15/23, 01:40 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,118 Likes on 1,700 Posts

I also feel for your hubby as well...Hopefully he'll be able to pass the kidney stone and avoid surgery altogether... And speaking of surgery, after being diagnosed with having 7 small growths in my bladder, I'll be facing surgery for the first time in my entire life this upcoming Thursday to have them removed... Needless to say, it's going to be a very scary experience about being put under for the very first time, along with fear that something could possibly go wrong during the procedure... Then my worst fear will be whether or not the growths may be malignant and return following the surgery... I just hope to God that neither becomes a reality.
Old 7/15/23, 10:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 554 Likes on 360 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I also feel for your hubby as well...Hopefully he'll be able to pass the kidney stone and avoid surgery altogether... And speaking of surgery, after being diagnosed with having 7 small growths in my bladder, I'll be facing surgery for the first time in my entire life this upcoming Thursday to have them removed... Needless to say, it's going to be a very scary experience about being put under for the very first time, along with fear that something could possibly go wrong during the procedure... Then my worst fear will be whether or not the growths may be malignant and return following the surgery... I just hope to God that neither becomes a reality.
I truly hope all is well during your surgery, we will be saying an extra prayer for you.
m05fastbackGT (7/16/23)
Old 7/16/23, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Wow sorry to hear about your diagnosis. My thoughts and prayers are with you and will hope and pray for the best outcome. Best advice I can give you is to look at this one step at a time and only be concerned with what you can control, the rest is in God's hands. But I know this is easy for me to say. I am sure I would have the same concerns as you. Stay positive.
The following 2 users liked this post by shaneyusa:
HoosierDaddy (7/16/23), m05fastbackGT (7/16/23)

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast