Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/23, 08:18 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
I know on my car Ford had installed baffles on my side exhaust to keep the noise down probably for just that reason. I believe most of us removed them ASAP!
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
The 'restrictor exhaust plates' were a joke I'm trying to find a pic of the thing. I think the open hole couldn't have been any bigger than 1/2"!
You mean these guys? The are tiny holes. Write-up says they are a 5/8" opening. Very small and barely any sound gets through. I call that true to their name, restrictive. I added the Boss exhaust to my car early on and removed these plates at install. Replaced with QTP Electronic Cutouts, so I can control the opening...

Found a good write-up on the Boss here.,,
https://transmission-one.com/automot...a-seca-waudio/

Last edited by shaneyusa; 8/6/23 at 08:28 AM.
Old 8/6/23, 01:07 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,788 Posts
I finally have some updates from my follow-up appointment with the Urologist on this past Friday... Anyway, I'm not really very good when it comes to understanding medical terminology very well, but I'll try my best... He said despite the biopsy results as being high-grade cancer, the tumors are considered to be TA/superficial, meaning the tumors were localized only to the bladder wall region and did not attach or spread to any muscles or any other organs which I also assume means the cancer was detected while in the early stages?

The Urologist also mentioned that he does not recommend any type of radiation or chemotherapy treatment at this time, nor recommends being put on oral treatment medications, at least for the time being... In the meantime, he wants to follow-up every 3 months to monitor and reexamine my bladder as a precautionary measure and if in the event the tumors return, I'll be required to have them surgically removed once again and will then be placed on oral treatment medications to start out with and if that isn't enough, then the next steps will be radiation or chemotherapy treatments which I hope to God it doesn't ever come to...

Anyhow, just thought I'd follow-up and let everyone know how everything went with the follow-up appointment from 2 days ago and want everyone to know just how grateful I 'am for keeping me in all your thoughts and prayers during such a very difficult and stressful time in my life, as words cannot describe just how much I truly appreciate all your support...

-Rocky

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/6/23 at 01:30 PM. Reason: typo error
The following 4 users liked this post by m05fastbackGT:
HoosierDaddy (8/7/23), shaneyusa (8/6/23), Siber Express (8/6/23), Stage_3 (8/7/23)
Old 8/6/23, 03:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
Good News Rocky, but you are still very high up on the Knee Mail list
The following 3 users liked this post by Siber Express:
m05fastbackGT (8/6/23), shaneyusa (8/6/23), Stage_3 (8/7/23)
Old 8/6/23, 03:43 PM

That is very very positive news Rocky! Keep an eye on it and let us know if things change. We are with you.

Really like the "Knee Mail" list @Siber Express!
The following 3 users liked this post by shaneyusa:
m05fastbackGT (8/6/23), Siber Express (8/6/23), Stage_3 (8/7/23)
Old 8/6/23, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Good News Rocky, but you are still very high up on the Knee Mail list
Thank you very much, Ken! Although, you may need to clarify the definition of " Knee Mail List" as I'm not at all familiar with that term at all lol.

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
That is very very positive news Rocky! Keep an eye on it and let us know if things change. We are with you.

Really like the "Knee Mail" list @Siber Express!
Thank you once again, Steve and I promise to keep following-up and let you all know if anything changes... Also, thanks for always being with me as well...

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/6/23 at 04:30 PM.
Old 8/6/23, 07:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The Act of kneeling to pray in this case, The only knee mail I know about
The following 3 users liked this post by Siber Express:
m05fastbackGT (8/8/23), shaneyusa (8/7/23), Stage_3 (8/7/23)
Old 8/7/23, 06:23 AM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I finally have some updates from my follow-up appointment with the Urologist on this past Friday... Anyway, I'm not really very good when it comes to understanding medical terminology very well, but I'll try my best... He said despite the biopsy results as being high-grade cancer, the tumors are considered to be TA/superficial, meaning the tumors were localized only to the bladder wall region and did not attach or spread to any muscles or any other organs which I also assume means the cancer was detected while in the early stages?

The Urologist also mentioned that he does not recommend any type of radiation or chemotherapy treatment at this time, nor recommends being put on oral treatment medications, at least for the time being... In the meantime, he wants to follow-up every 3 months to monitor and reexamine my bladder as a precautionary measure and if in the event the tumors return, I'll be required to have them surgically removed once again and will then be placed on oral treatment medications to start out with and if that isn't enough, then the next steps will be radiation or chemotherapy treatments which I hope to God it doesn't ever come to...

Anyhow, just thought I'd follow-up and let everyone know how everything went with the follow-up appointment from 2 days ago and want everyone to know just how grateful I 'am for keeping me in all your thoughts and prayers during such a very difficult and stressful time in my life, as words cannot describe just how much I truly appreciate all your support...

-Rocky
This is great news, it means they aren't really that worried about what they found in the way that they feel they need to get aggressive with treatment so they feel the risk is low at this point...but they want to keep an eye on it. Seems like this is the best possible report from the doctors after your surgery and initial results. Stay the course with follow up and I believe you'll be good.
The following 2 users liked this post by svopaul:
m05fastbackGT (8/8/23), Stage_3 (8/7/23)
Old 8/7/23, 02:01 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts

-Rocky
EXCELLENT ROCKY!!!
I am happy to hear this brother. God bless and good luck going forward.
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (8/8/23)
Old 8/8/23, 06:24 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts

-Rocky
Great news Rocky!

And for my update, hubby had his surgery on Thursday and it went well.....except for the fact he must have already passed the stone without knowing it They did find a couple of fragments though and cleaned them out and still put the stent in. He gets the stent out tomorrow and can't wait, lol.

In other news, we had some really nasty storms come through last night. I had to pull over on the expressway on my way home from work last night, it was so bad. Still out of power at home but they are expecting 80% of people in my area to have it back by 11pm tonight (which I hope includes me!). I'm thankful for our generators so I can at least keep the fridge cold, charge the phones, and most importantly....make a cup of coffee Wish I could have taken a shower before I came to work though because I feel icky.

This is damage in my neck of the woods. It's a miracle nobody was killed on this heavily traveled road!

m05fastbackGT (8/8/23)
Old 8/8/23, 11:01 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Great news Rocky!

And for my update, hubby had his surgery on Thursday and it went well.....except for the fact he must have already passed the stone without knowing it They did find a couple of fragments though and cleaned them out and still put the stent in. He gets the stent out tomorrow and can't wait, lol.

In other news, we had some really nasty storms come through last night. I had to pull over on the expressway on my way home from work last night, it was so bad. Still out of power at home but they are expecting 80% of people in my area to have it back by 11pm tonight (which I hope includes me!). I'm thankful for our generators so I can at least keep the fridge cold, charge the phones, and most importantly....make a cup of coffee Wish I could have taken a shower before I came to work though because I feel icky.

This is damage in my neck of the woods. It's a miracle nobody was killed on this heavily traveled road!
In the meantime you can threaten to pull the string if he doesn't behave...lol. Good to hear he's on the mend.

I saw that pic...crazy. Had to be straight line winds at the very least. Hope you get your power back soon!
Old 8/8/23, 12:15 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by svopaul
In the meantime you can threaten to pull the string if he doesn't behave...lol. Good to hear he's on the mend.

I saw that pic...crazy. Had to be straight line winds at the very least. Hope you get your power back soon!
No string for his, lol. He is supposed to get it out tomorrow, but their office is right there by that intersection in the picture and they have no power so I think they are sending him to another location tomorrow. He's in a lot of pain again today and the dr thinks he may be passing one of the other two stones that he has that were still attached, so they may do another scan tomorrow to see what's up

I heard our area made national news, but with no power and terribly spotty cell service, we hadn't seen any updates so it's been frustrating. It's been hard to even get a text message to send at times. I hope the power comes back on too because I need a shower and we are on a well and septic so we have no water. And we don't have any water on the RV right now, so that's out too.
m05fastbackGT (8/8/23)
Old 8/8/23, 01:01 PM
Service Manager

No string for his, lol. He is supposed to get it out tomorrow, but their office is right there by that intersection in the picture and they have no power so I think they are sending him to another location tomorrow. He's in a lot of pain again today and the dr thinks he may be passing one of the other two stones that he has that were still attached, so they may do another scan tomorrow to see what's up

I heard our area made national news, but with no power and terribly spotty cell service, we hadn't seen any updates so it's been frustrating. It's been hard to even get a text message to send at times. I hope the power comes back on too because I need a shower and we are on a well and septic so we have no water. And we don't have any water on the RV right now, so that's out too.
Sounds like an unplanned vacation to the beach is in order...
Old 8/8/23, 01:16 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Sounds like an unplanned vacation to the beach is in order...
Ha! He hates the beach, but it the White Marlin Open right now, so that is one of the few times he will go in the summer, lol.
Old 8/8/23, 02:12 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Great news Rocky!

I'm glad his surgery went well. I hope he has a speedy and full recovery.

That is one nasty storm. This year has been the "Year Of The Storms". Lots of them this year. All across the U.S.A.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stage_3:
08GTCandyApple (8/10/23), m05fastbackGT (8/8/23)
Old 8/8/23, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Siber Express
The Act of kneeling to pray in this case, The only knee mail I know about
I should had known that with "knee" as the keyword, Ken lol.

This is great news, it means they aren't really that worried about what they found in the way that they feel they need to get aggressive with treatment so they feel the risk is low at this point...but they want to keep an eye on it. Seems like this is the best possible report from the doctors after your surgery and initial results. Stay the course with follow up and I believe you'll be good.
I sure hope my interpretation was accurate enough, Paul? Like I said, I'm not very good when it comes to understanding medical terminology very well... In the meantime, thanks once again for all your support and motivation for maintaining a positive attitude... I will follow-up once again in 3 months after the next follow-up examination...

Originally Posted by Stage_3
EXCELLENT ROCKY!!!
I am happy to hear this brother. God bless and good luck going forward.
Thank you once again, Tony... In the meantime, please continue to keep those prayers in your thoughts while moving forward brother...

Great news Rocky!

Thank you, Jill!... I'm also very relieved to know that everything went will with your hubby's surgery and was also able to clean out all the fragments from the kidney stones as well... Now let's just hope he never has to go through this ever again...I also looked over the image of that horrible storm which also affected you and so relieved that you were not injured in anyway during your commute home from work, as it was indeed a miracle that nobody was either injured or worse after looking over the image you posted...

Meanwhile, thank goodness that your house wasn't damaged at all by the storm and fortunate to have the power generators on board and running until your power has been fully restored which I hope is real soon... However, what I don't quite understand is how your workplace required you to go into work today, knowing how bad the roads were damaged by the storm on yesterday and that 80% of residents are still without power, including yourself... Just doesn't make much sense to me, IMHO

In the meantime, please know that you're also in all my thoughts and prayers for your hubby's continued speedy and complete recovery and that your power is fully restored by tonight, at the very latest..
The following 2 users liked this post by m05fastbackGT:
08GTCandyApple (8/10/23), Stage_3 (8/9/23)
Old 8/8/23, 05:38 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,730 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
I'm glad his surgery went well. I hope he has a speedy and full recovery.

That is one nasty storm. This year has been the "Year Of The Storms". Lots of them this year. All across the U.S.A.

Jill glad all worked out well for the hubby and that you were safe from the storm.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mustang Freak:
Old 8/9/23, 01:20 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Really glad things are looking less serious Rocky, hope you continue to improve. You'll still be getting prayers sent up from down here in the South.

Glad Mr Jill is doing better, hope you got your juice back on at the house Jill. Love having well water too, but not so much when the power is out. Double whammy.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rather B.Blown:
Old 8/9/23, 10:42 PM

Great news Rocky!

Glad your hubby is doing well!

Wow, snapped those power poles like toothpicks! That was some serious wind! I am sure that was a scary storm!

Last edited by shaneyusa; 8/9/23 at 10:43 PM.
08GTCandyApple (8/10/23)
Old 8/10/23, 02:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Glad everything is OK with your Husband Jill, hope they get the storm damage taken care of quickly
08GTCandyApple (8/10/23)
Old 8/10/23, 06:10 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Thanks all. Luckily our power came back on after about 24 hours, so we were lucky as many are still out. It's not anything near the devastation of having leveled anything like so many others have seen and nobody was killed by those falling poles. With dozens of cars with passengers stuck in them for hours, it truly is a miracle. And hubby is back to work today until he retires at the end of the month!
The following 3 users liked this post by 08GTCandyApple:
m05fastbackGT (8/10/23), shaneyusa (8/10/23), Stage_3 (8/10/23)

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast