Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/23, 03:41 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,664 Posts
Fantastic news Rocky we are all pulling for a full recovery!!!
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (7/25/23)
Old 7/24/23, 04:06 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Thank you, Gary!!!
Old 7/24/23, 04:37 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Update: Got the biopsy results today! The bad news is the tumors removed from 4 days ago are unfortunately high-grade cancer which is assume could mean malignant? The good news, however, is they did not spread to other organs or to other parts of my body, so hopefully the cancer was caught early enough in time? I was also informed there is no reason to be concerned nor worried about the cancer as being fatal, for as long as it doesn't attach itself to muscles or spread to other organs? I will also be required to be reexamined every 3 months to find out if the tumors come back or not, and if necessary, the next treatment steps will then take place... I also have a follow-up appointment with my Urologist, this upcoming August 4th, so I'll have more information to update by then... In the meantime, I want to thank everyone for all their prayers and support, as they are very much appreciated, so I ask that you please continue to keep me in all your thoughts and prayers as much as possible, as I'll be needing them now more than ever...

-Rocky
WOW!
That is great news, but also very scary news. I am praying and hoping it all stays well for you my brother.
Please keep us posted.
m05fastbackGT (7/25/23)
Old 7/24/23, 06:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 554 Likes on 360 Posts
Great news they got it when the did, we are going to pray it leaves you alone Rocky, like I said You got this
The following 2 users liked this post by Siber Express:
m05fastbackGT (7/25/23), Stage_3 (7/25/23)
Old 7/24/23, 10:17 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,116 Likes on 803 Posts
Nice to hear Rocky! I know this can be scary stuff but the news sounds very positive. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay positive and you can whip this thing!

Last edited by shaneyusa; 7/25/23 at 11:27 AM.
m05fastbackGT (7/25/23)
Old 7/25/23, 06:37 AM
Service Manager

Received 440 Likes on 217 Posts
Update: Got the biopsy results today! The bad news is the tumors removed from 4 days ago are unfortunately high-grade cancer which is assume could mean malignant? The good news, however, is they did not spread to other organs or to other parts of my body, so hopefully the cancer was caught early enough in time? I was also informed there is no reason to be concerned nor worried about the cancer as being fatal, for as long as it doesn't attach itself to muscles or spread to other organs? I will also be required to be reexamined every 3 months to find out if the tumors come back or not, and if necessary, the next treatment steps will then take place... I also have a follow-up appointment with my Urologist, this upcoming August 4th, so I'll have more information to update by then... In the meantime, I want to thank everyone for all their prayers and support, as they are very much appreciated, so I ask that you please continue to keep me in all your thoughts and prayers as much as possible, as I'll be needing them now more than ever...

-Rocky
Keep a positive attitude and stay on top of it...You've got this. At least they got it early it sounds like and can watch it closely. A lot of us tend to be stubborn and not go to the Dr. to get checked out but it's essential to do that so you are a good example to the rest of us to stay on top of our health!
m05fastbackGT (7/25/23)
Old 7/25/23, 07:00 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,753 Likes on 2,037 Posts
Rocky, BEE Strong & BEE Well!

Mgb,

KC

The following 3 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
m05fastbackGT (7/25/23), shaneyusa (7/25/23), Stage_3 (7/25/23)
Old 7/25/23, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3
WOW!
That is great news, but also very scary news. I am praying and hoping it all stays well for you my brother.
Please keep us posted.
Exactly right, Tony! Despite the good news, it's the scary news that worries me more than anything... So please keep those hopes and prayers in your thoughts my brother.

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Great news they got it when the did, we are going to pray it leaves you alone Rocky, like I said You got this
Thank you, Ken! Like you said, great news is they got it early enough and did not spread to other organs, so now it's up to the Urologist to make certain it doesn't come back... Meanwhile, continue keeping me in your thoughts and prayers, my friend.

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Nice to hear Rocky! I know this can be scary stuff but the news sounds very positive. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay positive and you can whip this thing!
Thank you, Shaney and I hope that Shane is your real first name, as I don't remember having asked before lol. Anyway, the news is like you said very positive, but also scary at the same time...Meanwhile, the Urologist intends to follow-up every 3 months to be reexamined in order to check the progress of my bladder... So, in the meantime, please continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers to whip this thing...

Originally Posted by svopaul
Keep a positive attitude and stay on top of it...You've got this. At least they got it early it sounds like and can watch it closely. A lot of us tend to be stubborn and not go to the Dr. to get checked out but it's essential to do that so you are a good example to the rest of us to stay on top of our health!
Thank you, Paul! And thanks to all of you, it most definitely does help in maintaining a positive attitude... So yes, it does appear they got it early and are watching closely which is the reason they want to follow-up every 3 months to be reexamined, and most of all, it is in fact very essential to always stay on top of our health, as none of us can afford to take it for granted, especially as we get older...

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Rocky, BEE Strong & BEE Well!

Mgb,

KC

Thank you as always, Kevin!
The following 4 users liked this post by m05fastbackGT:
05stangkc (7/25/23), shaneyusa (7/25/23), Siber Express (7/25/23), Stage_3 (7/25/23)
Old 8/1/23, 10:04 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts

-Rocky
Sorry I'm just getting around to checking on ya......been hectic and I'm beginning to really hate my job. They don't pay me enough for this crap! But I am glad to hear everything went well and good luck with the follow-up appointment on Friday!
m05fastbackGT (8/1/23)
Old 8/1/23, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Sorry I'm just getting around to checking on ya......been hectic and I'm beginning to really hate my job. They don't pay me enough for this crap! But I am glad to hear everything went well and good luck with the follow-up appointment on Friday!
I completely understand Jill and figured there had to be a really good reason, and with things being hectic at your job is one of the very top reasons, to say the very least... In the meantime, it would seem that everything went well with the surgery, and I'll provide more details following my follow-up appointment with the Urologist on Friday...
08GTCandyApple (8/2/23)
Old 8/1/23, 04:24 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Good luck Rocky!!!
Hang in there brother! We're praying for you.
m05fastbackGT (8/1/23)
Old 8/1/23, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Good luck Rocky!!!
Hang in there brother! We're praying for you.
Thank you, Tony! Keep them prayers coming brother...
Stage_3 (8/2/23)
Old 8/1/23, 06:19 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Same here Rocky, praying for the best outcome.

On another note, I think my car is a ringer. I've had high powered cars for 30 years. Built motors, blowers, even full blown race cars. There's no way this car is 760hp. It's just too dang fast, I mean stupid scary fast. I'd like to Dyno it, gotta be a ringer.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rather B.Blown:
08GTCandyApple (8/2/23), m05fastbackGT (8/1/23), Stage_3 (8/2/23)
Old 8/1/23, 07:41 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Absolutely locked in our prayers as well Rocky!!!
If you've got a clear sky check that big beautiful super moon tonight and another super blue moon arriving at the end of August. I'm outside on my deck in August and it's in the 60's here. I cannot recall such gorgeous cool weather in all my years living here!
Mustangs Coast to Coast-photo301.jpg
The following 3 users liked this post by Mustang Freak:
08GTCandyApple (8/2/23), m05fastbackGT (8/1/23), Stage_3 (8/2/23)
Old 8/1/23, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Same here Rocky, praying for the best outcome.

On another note, I think my car is a ringer. I've had high powered cars for 30 years. Built motors, blowers, even full blown race cars. There's no way this car is 760hp. It's just too dang fast, I mean stupid scary fast. I'd like to Dyno it, gotta be a ringer.
Thank you, Lee! On your lighter note, Ford is well known for underrating it's HP/TQ specs to keep the insurance industry and EPA police off their backs.

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Absolutely locked in our prayers as well Rocky!!!
If you've got a clear sky check that big beautiful super moon tonight and another super blue moon arriving at the end of August. I'm outside on my deck in August and it's in the 60's here. I cannot recall such gorgeous cool weather in all my years living here!
Attachment 216919
Thank you, Gary! I will most definitely look for the super moon tonight.
Old 8/1/23, 10:07 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Thank you, Lee! On your lighter note, Ford is well known for underrating it's HP/TQ specs to keep the insurance industry and EPA police off their backs
I ain't figured out yet how they kept the Fed noise police from it, only thing I can figure is the quiet mode was used during testing. Because this thing is LOUD even in normal on a cold start, sport is a bit louder, but track is crackling popping loud lol.
Old 8/2/23, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I ain't figured out yet how they kept the Fed noise police from it, only thing I can figure is the quiet mode was used during testing. Because this thing is LOUD even in normal on a cold start, sport is a bit louder, but track is crackling popping loud lol.
It would seem to make the most sense to me as well Lee about quiet mode being used during testing...
Old 8/2/23, 01:04 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

I know on my car Ford had installed baffles on my side exhaust to keep the noise down probably for just that reason. I believe most of us removed them ASAP!
shaneyusa (8/6/23)
Old 8/2/23, 01:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

It would seem to make the most sense to me as well Lee about quiet mode being used during testing...
Only thing I can figure, will elaborate below, I know mine gets put in track soon as it cranks lol.

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
I know on my car Ford had installed baffles on my side exhaust to keep the noise down probably for just that reason. I believe most of us removed them ASAP!
I remember those, people even sold them with different size openings.

I've watched countless new hellcats, demons, vettes, ZR1 etc come across the block on Mecum and Barrett Jackson and never heard one of them audibly when they fired it up to drive on across the block.

But EVERY 2020 up GT 500 they've brought through was blatantly obvious when they fired it up, even the announcers have commented multiple times about the sound of it.
Old 8/2/23, 02:45 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

The 'restrictor exhaust plates' were a joke I'm trying to find a pic of the thing. I think the open hole couldn't have been any bigger than 1/2"!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast