2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

What are some improvements you want to see in the NEXT GEN redesign?

Search this Thread

Old 9/29/12, 07:24 AM
GT Member

Received 353 Likes on 244 Posts
I second the AWD, but if that can't be done, a rear transaxle.
Old 9/29/12, 07:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
dual gate shifter <----- they have so many different names I don't know what to call it anymore. His and hers ...slap stick
Old 9/30/12, 09:21 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps a small digital speed readout. The speedo is great that it goes up to 160 MPH, but the increments are so small the speed is displayed as a rough estimate

I said before, but adjustable seat belt anchors would be very helpful.

And like everyone, tilt AND telescoping steering wheel, especially on a vehicle offered with a manual trans.

More small places to store stuff. The pockets in the doors are virtually useless, the cup holders are a waste of space with a manual, the glove box is a bit small. The one single space in the console is nice though. I'm not expecting a mini-van level of convenience, but still!

Sunroof instead of the massively expensive glass roof.
Old 9/30/12, 04:58 PM

Some very wishful thinking on my part:

1. Dual-clutch Automatic Transmission with Slap-stick or Paddle Shifters.
2. Direct-injection 5.0 with some borrowed tech from the Boss 302 engine. 450-470 HP
3. N/A 5.8 351ci (Taller deck forged Coyote based) for future Boss 351/Mach 1. 530-550 HP
......- Lower tech 5.8 torque biased version for premium F-150/Raptor engine.
4. Twin-Turbo Coyote for next Shelby and SVT Lightning (I wish). 700+ HP
5. IRS for V6/GT/Boss/Shelby models. SRA option for Boss/Mach 1 and Shelby (Drag pack).
6. Wider rear tires. 285s standard for GT. 305s for Boss and optional on GT. 315s for Shelby.
7. Leather Recaros and Nav system available for Boss.
8. Better premium Audio option. Something other the Shaker.
9. Carbon fiber lightweight and track-tuned Laguna Seca Boss with IRS. M3/Camaro LE1 killer.
10. Turbo 3.0L V6 replaces the current 3.7L V6. 330-350 HP and flatter torque curve

Last edited by BayouStang; 10/1/12 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10/1/12, 09:43 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BayouStang

1. Dual-clutch Automatic Transmission with Slap-stick or Paddle Shifters.
Updated List of wants:

- Sequential Manual (not auto) I'd be all over that.

- Boss Quad Exhaust manual or electronic valvues on GT and above. This is the real sound tube....

- FULLY customizable gauges (MyGauge ) this would include font type and colour/background design and colours/needle colour, animation effects (ie: sweep shadows or other animated effects on parts of the gauges) I'm a technogeek at heart, this kinda stuff makes me go wow.
You want a simple guage/colour setup, you can have it. Want a crazy off the wall looking gauges like a video game....you can have that too. Could be theme based and carry across all screens in the car from the gauges to the LCD in dash. These themes can also be set per user. In the same way a user has seat memory settings, why not the custom gauge etc setup as well.

- Parallax Barrier Screen for LCD which allows driver/passanger to see different views/applications on the screen.

- More Tie-In with smartphones/tablets (Blackberry/Android/iPhone)
Everything from car status' to scheduled maint. or even linked to car part #s and other supplier websites, or booking appointments. GPS/Location services. Official Ford Apps. The possibilities are endless.
Old 10/1/12, 01:03 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
Updated List of wants:

Replacing the automatic yeah, but leaving the manual transmission as the cheaper yet awesomEST of two transmissions options.
Old 10/3/12, 09:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FULLY customizable gauges (MyGauge ) this would include font type and colour/background design and colours/needle colour, animation effects (ie: sweep shadows or other animated effects on parts of the gauges) I'm a technogeek at heart, this kinda stuff makes me go wow.
You want a simple guage/colour setup, you can have it. Want a crazy off the wall looking gauges like a video game....you can have that too. Could be theme based and carry across all screens in the car from the gauges to the LCD in dash. These themes can also be set per user. In the same way a user has seat memory settings, why not the custom gauge etc setup as well.
I agree. It would be nice if a person could mix and match on a per-gauge basis. For instance have a "bar graph" for some, analog needle for others, or just have a big number for some, like the speed. Some people may not want a gauge at all for fuel, just show gallons remaining, miles to empty, and average fuel economy right next to each other, perhaps which each number being in a different color so you can find the one you're looking for at a glance. There's a huge potential there and if the price of the screen is cheap enough to be offered in the Dodge Dart, Ford ought to be able to put it in the Mustang.
Old 10/4/12, 09:56 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Id be happy with MORE AFFORDABLE. I want a daily driver I can afford to drive. A Turbo 4 starting at $18k. You wanna make it a world car? Drop the price. Then try to keep up with demand.
Old 10/6/12, 08:32 AM
GT Member

A couple of other minor things now that I have mine . . .

Lose the "extra delayed wipe" the wipers always do when using the washer. It's a convenience I certainly do not need.

Maybe there's a reason, with HID headlights, you can no longer hold the turn signal lever back and keep the high beams on as long as desired. Instead, they just blink on/off (when the lights are not on at least).
Old 10/8/12, 09:27 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JoesCat
A couple of other minor things now that I have mine . . .

Lose the "extra delayed wipe" the wipers always do when using the washer. It's a convenience I certainly do not need.

Maybe there's a reason, with HID headlights, you can no longer hold the turn signal lever back and keep the high beams on as long as desired. Instead, they just blink on/off (when the lights are not on at least).
I know the courtesy wipe is configurable in a few other Ford vehicles. Perhaps that will come with the new Mustang too.
Old 10/9/12, 11:51 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Updated List of wants:

- Boss Quad Exhaust manual or electronic valvues on GT and above. This is the real sound tube....

- FULLY customizable gauges (MyGauge ) this would include font type and colour/background design and colours/needle colour, animation effects (ie: sweep shadows or other animated effects on parts of the gauges) I'm a technogeek at heart, this kinda stuff makes me go wow.

- Parallax Barrier Screen for LCD which allows driver/passanger to see different views/applications on the screen.

- More Tie-In with smartphones/tablets (Blackberry/Android/iPhone)
Everything from car status' to scheduled maint. or even linked to car part #s and other supplier websites, or booking appointments. GPS/Location services. Official Ford Apps. The possibilities are endless.
If we got all this I'd be ecstatic!! Great ideas boom
Old 10/12/12, 03:26 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Borrow from McLaren

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...12c-supercar/2

One of my favorite center stack designs. VERY creative how they engineered some space for the cup holders. Would benefit the stang even more due to the stick shift.
Old 10/13/12, 08:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...12c-supercar/2

One of my favorite center stack designs. VERY creative how they engineered some space for the cup holders. Would benefit the stang even more due to the stick shift.
I personally think that's a dumb idea. There's no space for Big Gulps or Route 44s. Plus, that area doesn't look easily accessible. And, a stick-shift would be too far back, in terms of placement. There's got to be another solution for cupholders.
Old 10/13/12, 08:30 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Five.Point.Oh
I personally think that's a dumb idea. There's no space for Big Gulps or Route 44s. Plus, that area doesn't look easily accessible. And, a stick-shift would be too far back, in terms of placement. There's got to be another solution for cupholders.
Don't eat or drink in your vehicle...and you don't need 44 ounces of soda. JC!!!

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 10/13/12 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10/13/12, 08:32 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Don't eat or drink in your vehicle...and you don't need 44 ounces of soda. JC!!!
What else am I gonna put my whisky in?
Old 10/13/12, 08:34 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

What else am I gonna put my whisky in?
In a glass at home. Lol
Old 10/13/12, 08:36 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

In a glass at home. Lol
We have drive through daiquiri shops too.
Old 10/13/12, 08:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

We have drive through daiquiri shops too.
Old 10/13/12, 08:53 PM
GT Member

I just want to see better specs: 450hp, 410ft-lbs, 19/29mpg, 5.0l V8 ~ 330hp, 300ft-lbs, 22/34mpg, 3.7l V6 ~ 255hp, 275ft-lbs, 26/37mpg, 2.0l TTI4 ~ 680hp, 680ft-lbs, 19/26mpg, Shelby SCV8

More intuitive interior: Better looking, better quality, HUD w/ green lighting (It's been scientifically proven that green has the least stress on eyes), but with customizable colors on Premium models as a part of MyColor, iFord - a 6 (8 on Premium models) inch touch screen standard on all models that has a customizable layout similar to Apple's software on the iPad (but, still different), better cupholder layout, more space overall in the back seats and trunk. Dual-zone Climate Control standard on Premium models. USB-drive compatibility on all models, but with more space on Premium models. More interior color choices and less conflictions with exterior paint choices.

Better exterior design: smaller overall, better looking, easier to clean and more durable paint, LED headlamps and taillamps standard on all models. LED foglamps standard on GT and all Premium models, but more distinctive on GT. Turn-signal lights integrated into side rearview mirrors on Premium models. More exterior color and wheel choices.
Old 10/13/12, 09:52 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Five.Point.Oh
There' s no space for Big Gulps now. Besides I thought only truckers bought those? LOL

I think it can be done if its designed when the car is being designed from the ground up.

Quick Reply: What are some improvements you want to see in the NEXT GEN redesign?