2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

What are some improvements you want to see in the NEXT GEN redesign?

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/13, 07:41 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from what I heard, the new CAFE ratings will be less restrictive on larger vehicles like trucks and suv's, but the mustang is not large, so the new S curve system will hurt performance cars as a whole and allow people to keep their crossover/SUV gas guzzlers..
Old 3/11/13, 09:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I wouldn't mind seeing the Boss side exhaust as std.
Old 3/11/13, 12:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SynisterGT
I wouldn't mind seeing the Boss side exhaust as std.
Would be sick, but doubt it'll happen.
Old 3/15/13, 08:43 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One thing I like about the current interior is the flat spot in the middle of the dash, with a power jack (formerly known as a cigarette lighter) nearby. It's pretty nice to be able to put a radar detector there and not need a windshield mount and three feet of cord dangling all over. I'm hoping they will keep this in mind with the 2015 interior. For that matter, a radar detector pedestal wouldn't have to be dead center on the dash, it could be straight in front of the driver, as long as there is a power jack very close to it.
Old 3/15/13, 01:23 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RandyW
One thing I like about the current interior is the flat spot in the middle of the dash, with a power jack (formerly known as a cigarette lighter) nearby. It's pretty nice to be able to put a radar detector there and not need a windshield mount and three feet of cord dangling all over. I'm hoping they will keep this in mind with the 2015 interior. For that matter, a radar detector pedestal wouldn't have to be dead center on the dash, it could be straight in front of the driver, as long as there is a power jack very close to it.
I like that too but radar detectors are not legal in Europe so they won't take that into consideration. But if you want GPS and don't buy the NAV option it's handy for that too. Or a GoPro car charger...
Old 3/15/13, 01:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SoScary

I like that too but radar detectors are not legal in Europe so they won't take that into consideration. But if you want GPS and don't buy the NAV option it's handy for that too. Or a GoPro car charger...
They are illegal in several US states too
Old 3/15/13, 05:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
....and in Canada as well .
Old 3/16/13, 02:21 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know Virginia is one of them - not sure about what others.
Old 3/16/13, 01:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SoScary
I understand that the new Mustang will be a global car. That does not mean that it is being designed primarily for Europe. I agree with you about the GPS, etc. Nobody likes having long cords dangling all over.

I'm pretty sure Virginia is the only one.
Old 3/17/13, 02:09 PM
Cobra R Member

I understand that the new Mustang will be a global car. That does not mean that it is being designed primarily for Europe. I agree with you about the GPS, etc. Nobody likes having long cords dangling all over.

I'm pretty sure Virginia is the only one.
Massachusetts is another one
Old 3/17/13, 02:33 PM
Cobra Member

Massachusetts is another one
Don't think so. Been pulled over with one and never got in trouble.
Old 3/17/13, 02:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau

Don't think so. Been pulled over with one and never got in trouble.
You got lucky, they are illegal in Massachusetts. Check out any of the websites that sell them and they list the states where they are illegal
Old 3/17/13, 03:33 PM
Cobra Member

You got lucky, they are illegal in Massachusetts. Check out any of the websites that sell them and they list the states where they are illegal
Well clearly cops don't care. Cops see it all the time. I don't hide it.
Old 3/17/13, 09:28 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I would expect some variation of that in the new car, the twin cowl motif is Mustang styling theme (well at least from the 60's and early 70's to the current car).

I wonder if somebody will ***** about that being too retro and wonder why they might not consider a "cockpit" design like the C4 and C7 vette?
Old 3/17/13, 10:05 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Although a more driver oriented cockpit would be nice, id rather see the double cowl dash. Its just part of the DNA that makes a mustang.
Main thing for me would be more comfortable ergonomics and seating position. Maybe a lil more control of how you can sit in the car. I usually drive with the seat all the way down and a good ways back. Telescoping steering wheel would be nice since i find i have to reach for the top of the wheel.
I guess one more would be to up the quality level of the factory upgraded sound systems. The shaker is nice, but still has alot to be desired. A single 10" comp cvr with a ported box honestly sounds just as good as the shaker 1000 system, if not a little better.
Old 3/18/13, 01:25 PM
Cobra Member

This is from the Beltronics web site, which is the brand I use.

Radar detectors are completely legal to use in non-commercial vehicles in 49 states. Virginia and Washington DC are the only places in the United States that currently ban radar detectors. Radar detector use in commercial vehicles has been prohibited in the U.S. since 1995 and radar detectors are also illegal in most Canadian provinces. We do not track detector regulations in other countries.

I also looked at a few other web sites and they concur.

As a side note, in my state of Minnesota, it's illegal to have anything mounted on the windshield. Radar detector, portable GPS, anything. So it's especially nice to have a flat spot on the dash for the detector.
Old 3/18/13, 01:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

How about better colors? I dont know who picks the colors for the Mustangs but they suck. I am so sick of blues that have a purple hue to them. If somebody wants to pay extra for got a have it green let them. But offer up some tasteful colors besides white, black, and red for the rest of us.
Old 3/18/13, 04:11 PM
Cobra R Member

This is from the Beltronics web site, which is the brand I use.

Radar detectors are completely legal to use in non-commercial vehicles in 49 states. Virginia and Washington DC are the only places in the United States that currently ban radar detectors. Radar detector use in commercial vehicles has been prohibited in the U.S. since 1995 and radar detectors are also illegal in most Canadian provinces. We do not track detector regulations in other countries.

I also looked at a few other web sites and they concur.

As a side note, in my state of Minnesota, it's illegal to have anything mounted on the windshield. Radar detector, portable GPS, anything. So it's especially nice to have a flat spot on the dash for the detector.
I stand corrected
Old 4/16/13, 09:57 AM

I would say IRS is on the top of my list. Along with driver seat memory, telescoping steering wheel, and adjustable pedals. Base gt has the engine that's in it now, and give the premium an optional turbo v8. Of course, the Shelby would get a twin turbo v8. Paddle shifters on the automatic would be cool. I also like really unique vehicles, so maybe some more stripe, and wheel and tire options.
Old 4/16/13, 04:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Emerald516
I would say IRS is on the top of my list. Along with driver seat memory, telescoping steering wheel, and adjustable pedals. Base gt has the engine that's in it now, and give the premium an optional turbo v8. Of course, the Shelby would get a twin turbo v8. Paddle shifters on the automatic would be cool. I also like really unique vehicles, so maybe some more stripe, and wheel and tire options.
IRS, don't sweat it, it's coming. As for the other things you've mentionned, i do agree with you that they need to offer telescoping steering wheel, driver seat memory.

I'd like to have the option for the power folding mirrors. I think it would be a nice feature to get.

I would also like that they give the GT bigger ( wider ) tires, this car has always been under tired.

Also, they must get rid of that 4X4 look.

Quick Reply: What are some improvements you want to see in the NEXT GEN redesign?