2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

What are some improvements you want to see in the NEXT GEN redesign?

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/11, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Automagically
Rev matching is pretty easy, and rewarding. To me, the rev matching seemed cool before I bought a manual of my own. Then I just think well, if you're going to have rev matching why not just remove the clutch all together and use a DCT. Just my 2 cents. But I think it is pretty neat and a good way to get perfect revs on every shift.
DCT takes away the Driver/Car connection you get when you row your on gears, it so dam boring. i'm interested in rev mach only on my daily driving situations, its refreshing that you can turn it off when needed.
Old 2/25/11, 09:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by snakekiller

DCT takes away the Driver/Car connection you get when you row your on gears, it so dam boring. i'm interested in rev mach only on my daily driving situations, its refreshing that you can turn it off when needed.
It's a step above a slushbox. People have been arguing the want for a dct in the new Mustang.

I guess I see your point about a daily commute. But I don't think the technology will catch on. I thought it was a very good way for early learners to gain confidence and would have loved it when learning to drive a manual. Though many of these technologies are derived for the Gran Turismo generation.

Dct at least had lightning fast shifts and would be a welcome addition for drag racing.
Old 2/26/11, 03:52 AM

It's a step above a slushbox. People have been arguing the want for a dct in the new Mustang.

I guess I see your point about a daily commute. But I don't think the technology will catch on. I thought it was a very good way for early learners to gain confidence and would have loved it when learning to drive a manual. Though many of these technologies are derived for the Gran Turismo generation.

Dct at least had lightning fast shifts and would be a welcome addition for drag racing.
i'm part of the Grand turismo generation, but i just cant stand automatics.
DCT's are great but the satisfaction isn't there, 80% of cars are autos so i thing why not just make the manual just as easy to drive, rev mach will help that process immensely and it can be turn off when you actually want to learn heal and toe. now Rev mach is mostly electronic so it can be implemented easily.
Old 3/6/11, 01:16 AM
Bullitt Member

It has been said before, and I would say it again every day from now until the redesign comes out, if I could get this as an option. I want the option to buy strengthened internals of the engine as an option from the factory on a GT premium. Stronger rods, stronger heads, and anything else that you can. That would be nice.

An auto with some type of paddle shifting would be absolute bare minimum, for the trans. Stick shift should be worked out well in advance to make sure it is absolutely perfect.
Old 3/6/11, 02:21 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

If what Wes is saying lately is true, a whole bunch of Christmas Lists were being read in Ford HQ recently:

It will be smaller. Choice of IRS or SRA, 4, 6, 8 cylinder, and other goodies.
Old 3/14/11, 10:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

On the note of options. This is something I know the Mustang used to be known for and still is for the most part. Though I am tired of the louvers and spoilers, I would like to see real options. Look at how many trim levels there are for a BMW 3 series. You can get the lowest model with an M package that includes much better brakes, suspension and wheels that trump the PP V6 even. Sometimes maybe I want my GT to have all of the ameneties and the pony to back it up so I want premium interior options, leather dash, thicker steering wheel, better door materials, softer fit and finish with tight tolerances. If Ford wants to tackle the 3 or even more so, the M3, it's not just the track where it will have to beat it out.

My wife complains about why people would even drive a 328 base model. I told her that she's spoiled by her 335i with every option box on the list checked. And it's true, the 335 in its most premium form along with Audi's S4, are very premium and they feel like it. Even the most premium Mustang, the GT500 still lacks the "premium" that these European brands bring to the table. Even the new Focus and Fiesta are coming out with better interior parts and options.

With all that said. Ford has this technology already available to them. They probably are going to use it in the next Mustang. Minus the Kinetic design paradigm. Honestly, I'd love to see what could be done with the kinetic design, just with some Mustang touches. But only just to see what could be done. I am not the biggest Kinetic fan.

As far as the Mustang, learn from the Boss, take the successes and turn them into the successes for the GT, keep FRPP offering great parts like the forged wheels and superchargers if you are in to forced induction. Adjustable suspension, doesn't have to be electronic. High flow head options. I already like where Ford's head is at by making a lot of the parts available for the Boss and GT500 part of the parts bin so it can only get better I hope.

Last edited by Automagically; 3/14/11 at 10:25 AM.
Old 3/14/11, 10:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IT has got to have been said. but 16 pages of reading.....NAH.. Biggest thing I want is LESS WEIGHT. Other than that.let the Mustang evolve
Old 3/14/11, 10:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
IT has got to have been said. but 16 pages of reading.....NAH.. Biggest thing I want is LESS WEIGHT. Other than that.let the Mustang evolve
In those 16 pages, it has been said. Pretty sure it's a given at this point.
Old 3/14/11, 12:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If Ford wants to tackle the 3 or even more so, the M3, it's not just the track where it will have to beat it out.
The 3 Series is a nice car but the base price for a 328i Coupe is $37,650. That's $25 cheaper than the MSRP on my Mustang GT with Glass Roof and navigation. The base price on the V6 Mustang is $22,145. The Mustang has always been an affordable car and that's the way most of us like it.

Maybe when the next generation comes out, Lincoln should use the Mustang chassis and powertrain and make a coupe to go up against the 3 Series in every way. But the Mustang itself needs to remain affordable.
Old 3/14/11, 01:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by RandyW
The 3 Series is a nice car but the base price for a 328i Coupe is $37,650. That's $25 cheaper than the MSRP on my Mustang GT with Glass Roof and navigation. The base price on the V6 Mustang is $22,145. The Mustang has always been an affordable car and that's the way most of us like it.

Maybe when the next generation comes out, Lincoln should use the Mustang chassis and powertrain and make a coupe to go up against the 3 Series in every way. But the Mustang itself needs to remain affordable.
I completely agree. BMW is also a Premium car, and so is the treatment. As I would expect a Lincoln to be. I believe there are talks of said Lincoln but not very solid.

Ad far as the interiors go, just grab a Focus, and repeat. Materials should already be there. Vynil looks better than ever and makes the doors in my Civic look superior to the Mustang door. At least I have a real arm rest with stitched and padded material. This is just easy stuff. I might have not chosen the right vehicle to get my point across but if Honda can do it then so can Ford. My 2004 Accord had leather on the door, and arm rest.

I do realize that I can go to an upholstery shop and have the work done. It's just my suggestion.
Old 3/14/11, 02:33 PM
Cobra Member

I completely agree. BMW is also a Premium car, and so is the treatment. As I would expect a Lincoln to be. I believe there are talks of said Lincoln but not very solid.

Ad far as the interiors go, just grab a Focus, and repeat. Materials should already be there. Vynil looks better than ever and makes the doors in my Civic look superior to the Mustang door. At least I have a real arm rest with stitched and padded material. This is just easy stuff. I might have not chosen the right vehicle to get my point across but if Honda can do it then so can Ford. My 2004 Accord had leather on the door, and arm rest.

I do realize that I can go to an upholstery shop and have the work done. It's just my suggestion.
Ford just chose to spend money on different areas of the Mustang than
Honda does on the Civic or Accord. For example:

The base price of a Civic SI is $22,205 and you get a 197hp 2.0L I4, fwd and stitched/padded arm rests and a hard plastic dashboard.

The base price on a V6 Mustang is $22,145 and you get a 305 hp 3.7 V6 and rear wheel drive, molded soft plastic armrests and dashboard.

If Ford can do it, why can't Honda?
Old 3/14/11, 03:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Vermillion06
Ford just chose to spend money on different areas of the Mustang than
Honda does on the Civic or Accord. For example:

The base price of a Civic SI is $22,205 and you get a 197hp 2.0L I4, fwd and stitched/padded arm rests and a hard plastic dashboard.

The base price on a V6 Mustang is $22,145 and you get a 305 hp 3.7 V6 and rear wheel drive, molded soft plastic armrests and dashboard.

If Ford can do it, why can't Honda?
Good point. Though I'll argue that the Si is very overpriced. With time the Mustang will be able to incorporate these minimal changes with a low monetary increase. Look at the dash in the Mustang now as opposed to the early S197 and SN95, to me, it's far greater. My wife hates it but I love the new dash. I also hate my Civic's dash.
Old 3/15/11, 10:20 AM

Or, as a better indication of the future, look at the dash design and materials on the Fiesta and Focus, which, IMHO, readily surpasses both the Stang and Civics by a bit. The current Mustang's looks a bit staid and uninspired while the Civic's just looks cheap and weird.
Old 3/15/11, 10:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by rhumb
Or, as a better indication of the future, look at the dash design and materials on the Fiesta and Focus, which, IMHO, readily surpasses both the Stang and Civics by a bit. The current Mustang's looks a bit staid and uninspired while the Civic's just looks cheap and weird.
I think that was my point somewhere. That the Fiesta/Focus are on the right track and Team Mustang needs to look at what they are doing right with the Econo Cars that can be done in the Mustang.
Old 3/15/11, 04:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
self leveling headlights.
Old 6/28/11, 07:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Bump cause it's been 3 months, time for more suggestions Check the first post if you are new to the thread.
Old 6/29/11, 12:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
an auto int exhaust fan that will turn on when the temp in the car reaches 90 degrees.
Old 6/29/11, 02:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

cool idea ^ no pun intended lol
Old 6/30/11, 06:05 AM
GT Member

First time stopping by this thread. Pardon me if this has already been said, but I really hope Ford eliminates all the chrome accents in their future interiors.
Old 6/30/11, 12:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Liquid
First time stopping by this thread. Pardon me if this has already been said, but I really hope Ford eliminates all the chrome accents in their future interiors.
OK may be the Chrome but Not Bright work all together! Make Nickel or SS or Black Chrome, but a little Bright work looks good IMO.

Quick Reply: What are some improvements you want to see in the NEXT GEN redesign?