2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

What are some improvements you want to see in the NEXT GEN redesign?

Search this Thread

Old 10/13/10, 11:25 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam
Do you know something about DCT that we dont??
I said "think" not "know"
Old 10/14/10, 04:26 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
That's what I was going to say. I want MFT in a Mustang, but they need to change the wheel and button layout for the stang. The sync controls on the current wheel are perfect IMO
I do like the current controls, but one thing I wish it had was a "cancel" button on the cruise control. They could very easily add that where the "resume" button is and make it a similar style to the "on/off" switch directly below it (center pivot, two-position).
Old 10/14/10, 10:22 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
I do like the current controls, but one thing I wish it had was a "cancel" button on the cruise control. They could very easily add that where the "resume" button is and make it a similar style to the "on/off" switch directly below it (center pivot, two-position).
That would work. The buttons and symbols car manufacturer use for cruise control have always baffled me. In my Cougar it's literally a "+", "-", and an "=" for the cruise control. SMH
Old 10/15/10, 05:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
oil change indicator light. You know for those people that change their oil to often wasting oil and cash.
Old 10/16/10, 05:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
oil change indicator light. You know for those people that change their oil to often wasting oil and cash.
YAH I am **** like that too. My V- dub says every 10k miles on Synthetic but I just can't go past 5k
Old 10/21/10, 03:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ford really needs to offer the Med. Blue from the flex line on the Mustang or better yet BRING BACK GULF STREAM AQUA!! And Acapulco blue and keep the Kona blue at the same time. and hey do the Mediterranean blue TOO.

Last edited by Brewman; 10/21/10 at 04:12 AM.
Old 10/22/10, 08:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
get rid of the ebrake handle between the seats and put the pedal back on the floor where they use to be.
Old 10/22/10, 10:56 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

get rid of the ebrake handle between the seats and put the pedal back on the floor where they use to be.
Wow, just wow.
Old 10/23/10, 11:44 PM
Cobra R Member

I don't think anyone has mentioned this... paint that doesn't have an orange peel texture. Hyundai does a better job painting its cars. Everyone keeps saying they had to change the type of paint they used for environmental reasons. The year 2010 and they can't figure out how to paint a body panel with an even finish?

Last edited by Adam; 10/23/10 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10/25/10, 02:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Moosetang
Wow, just wow.
No joke. This should never be.
Old 10/27/10, 04:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wha choo Smokin Glenn?
Old 11/1/10, 10:15 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to see heated and auto-dimming side mirrors available.
Old 11/2/10, 09:09 AM
Cobra R Member

^^ +1 especially the auto diming sides. With car lighting getting brighter and having longer range I would like to have them dim- as sometimes I move out of lanes just to get them out of my side mirrors.

Also, as Adam said, non-orange peel paint would be nice. Tho the paint has come a long way, but still ...
Old 11/7/10, 09:44 AM
Cobra R Member

The guy below attended a Ford focus group about the Mustang. I attended it last year and some of the things they questioned us about became reality. It's good to know Ford is looking into these things. I think IRS, paddle shifters, and an ecoboost 4 cylinder are pretty much guaranteed. Stripes that change color on demand??? That would be crazy.

They asked me if I'd be interested in IRS, a way to change the color of your exterior stripes on demand(if you can believe that), a way to manually position a "functioning" spoiler with the push of a button, my opinions on a high performance 4 cylinder mustang in the future(I asked if this would be an ecoboost engine and they said "something like that"). They also asked me about a retractable GLASS roof and switching from manual to automatic mode with paddle shifting. I enjoyed the session and I could tell they took down a lot of notes. My session went 45 minutes long.

Last edited by Adam; 11/7/10 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11/8/10, 11:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam
The guy below attended a Ford focus group about the Mustang. I attended it last year and some of the things they questioned us about became reality. It's good to know Ford is looking into these things. I think IRS, paddle shifters, and an ecoboost 4 cylinder are pretty much guaranteed. Stripes that change color on demand??? That would be crazy.
As much as I want to hate the paddle shifters, I am going to give them a try in the future. Only in a dual clutch system. Our 335 has them but they are only so fun. I have not driven a dual clutch equipped vehicle and it would be the only Automatic Mustang I would ever consider really. I grow tired of my wife refusing to learn how to drive a manual but I can't change that, she has no coordination that it takes to drive a manual. I am not saying she's stupid she just doesn't understand how gears work, let alone doing the shifting for the car.

I really want to like paddle shifters but I am not yet ready to move from manual to auto with paddles. I would like to test drive a 335is to get a better feel for the dual clutch gear box. I see the advantages but the more I drive my manual, the less I like the auto's. But again, I do think some of the DSG cars have a place. I like the quick shifting but I really like clutch manipulation.
Old 11/8/10, 04:33 PM

I've driven some Audi and VW DSGs and I think they are great, this coming from a guy driving sticks since about 8 years old (farm tractors). IMO, they have the directness and control of a stick in paddle mode, the ease and convenience of a slushbox in auto mode, and the speed, performance and efficiency that beats both the aforementioned.

Perhaps for drag racing, which really focuses on a very narrow aspect of a car's overall performance envelope, a manual stick and clutch might make some sense, but in reality, I think DCTs are the future and not a bad one at that. I can see DCT's, as they get more refined, replacing both manuals and slushbox autos with one superior gearbox, saving and concentrating a lot of development time, energy and resources for the manufacturers. Traditional manuals may hang on for a while as legacy options on some performance cars, but over time, I see already increasingly rare stick shifts being very hard to justify from a business case standpoint.

Last edited by rhumb; 11/8/10 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11/8/10, 05:11 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd rock a DSG tranny...not this computer controlled auto BS
Old 11/8/10, 05:23 PM
FR500 Member

You know,, back in the day my parents had a Plymouth Sundance rental as a loaner car. That car had a foot pedal with a release handle for the emergency brake. I quickly determined that a magic marker was just the right size to wedge behind the release handle so the brake wouldn't stay on. Instant hands-free e-braking, with the bonus that my passengers didn't see it coming...

Just sayin'....
Old 11/8/10, 06:02 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
THey should bring back the highbeam foot switch in the footwell
Old 11/8/10, 06:13 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
THey should bring back the highbeam foot switch in the footwell
and gauges on the hood!

Quick Reply: What are some improvements you want to see in the NEXT GEN redesign?