2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/13, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, everyone.

My 2014 V6 with Glass Roof has been on order, and should arrive in the next couple weeks. Can't wait!

I am a first-time Mustang owner, so I have some newbie questions. Please don't make fun of me, I've never been much of a "car" guy, but I have always loved Mustangs, and finally getting one is a dream come true. Naturally, I want to learn how to treat her right(!), hence my questions.

I've read here on the forums about people who put their Mustang away for the winter…why? Are you protecting it from all the snow and salt? What do you drive during the winter? (and the un-asked question: how do you afford a second car just for the winter? ) I live in California, where the weather's always moderate, so I'm guessing it's probably not an issue for me.

I've also read about folks who are adamant about not letting the dealership detail the car on delivery, or basically touch it in any way. Why? I've been learning a bit about car detailing lately, so that I can take good care of my Mustang, but I wouldn't consider myself more knowledgeable than the dealership, and I've always thought new cars looked great.

Lastly, I understand the "blend" date on the online "Monronie" sticker is another word for the "build" date. So is that the date they start building the car, or the date they expect to have finished building it?

Really enjoy reading everyone's posts on this forum, and seeing pictures of so many beautiful cars. And I look forward to joining the exclusive club of Mustang owners!

Cheers!

Last edited by hotwheels71; 8/9/13 at 10:05 PM.
Old 8/9/13, 10:32 PM

CALI SPECIAL USMC

I AM ALSO VERY EXCITED!! This is my first new car purchase and it is a dream car come true!

14 race red GT Cali Special with upgraded sound system! I initially put in an order 6/4 abouts and was beginning to lose hope and choose something else when I was surprised with the dealer giving me a VIN on 8/4!!!!

No idea about what/where build/delivery dates come from, but just glad to have some progress--!!!

vin= 1ZVBP8CFXE5257550

Can't wait to get this guy in here and make it my own with some good ol' USMC pride/tinting.

Old 8/10/13, 12:19 PM
V6 Member

HOTWHEELS71 (and others,) Welcome!

I have a 2012 Mustang convertible and went through the special order process back a couple of years ago, so I know how you feel. As I am sure others have told you, it is worth the wait! It took about 6 to 8 weeks to get mine; am blessed by having a large dealership in Metro Detroit area who has a large allocation available to them.

I jumped back on this thread as I am seriously considering ordering a 2014 as that will be our last chance to get one of the "retro Stangs" before the big change in the upcoming 2015 model due in April. More about that later as I hang out on this thread with you folks...

Hotwheels71 had a few questions, here is my take:

You will enjoy your car year-round in Cali as opposed to someone like me in Michigan. Esp since mine is a rag-top it spent the last several winters in the garage. Never really put it away so to speak, just only used it on cold, dry days. Some guys up here (I belong to a large Mustang club...) buy winter tires and wheels and daily-drive theirs. More of a question of a a lack of ground clearance more than anything, much more than a couple of inches of snow and you are in a bad way. Some others do have the luxury of a 2nd car, have at least one Stang friend who bought a beater just for bad days. Some just don't want to expose them tot he elements and as such they sit a lot - not sure if I understand that but whatever works for them?

Dealer Detailing - I think this issue is a bit over-rated myself. Most any "detailing" done by a dealer consists of removing all the interior plastic wrappings, removing protective film from bright-work and then washing the car. Most wash thru one of those auto car wash things and that is where the problem lies for the really fastidious among us: surface scratches and swirl marks. If you get into detailing (like I did) this isn't such a big deal - you clay the car as soon as you get it and then apply your own sealant, wax etc. Some of us here have really gotten into detailing and you will find much help in that area! Unless the shop guy is a real nut case there isn't much damage he is going to do to your new car. If it really concerns you, they will be happy to NOT prep it.

Dates - always a source of irritation when you order a Mustang. Our dear friend Deysha was a big help to me back in 2011 and really glad to see her still on the job! You give her your DORA info and she will update you. Way cool once you learn from her your VIN number as you can then go online and access/print a true copy of your Window Sticker, i.e. the Monroney Label you mentioned. Bottom line: Ford doesn't really understand the customer special order process very well and dealers understand it even less. My dealer sells thousands of cars a year; they have admitted to me a mere handful special order their vehicle and the ones that do are all Mustang peeps. (If you have ever seen how Chevy does a Corvette special order, esp if you select the Museum Delivery option, you will wish Ford could wake up as to how to handle this!)

Questions, ask away - we were all new once and nice to give back!

Storm

Originally Posted by hotwheels71
Hey, everyone.

My 2014 V6 with Glass Roof has been on order, and should arrive in the next couple weeks. Can't wait!

I am a first-time Mustang owner, so I have some newbie questions. Please don't make fun of me, I've never been much of a "car" guy, but I have always loved Mustangs, and finally getting one is a dream come true. Naturally, I want to learn how to treat her right(!), hence my questions.

I've read here on the forums about people who put their Mustang away for the winter…why? Are you protecting it from all the snow and salt? What do you drive during the winter? (and the un-asked question: how do you afford a second car just for the winter? ) I live in California, where the weather's always moderate, so I'm guessing it's probably not an issue for me.

I've also read about folks who are adamant about not letting the dealership detail the car on delivery, or basically touch it in any way. Why? I've been learning a bit about car detailing lately, so that I can take good care of my Mustang, but I wouldn't consider myself more knowledgeable than the dealership, and I've always thought new cars looked great.

Lastly, I understand the "blend" date on the online "Monronie" sticker is another word for the "build" date. So is that the date they start building the car, or the date they expect to have finished building it?

Really enjoy reading everyone's posts on this forum, and seeing pictures of so many beautiful cars. And I look forward to joining the exclusive club of Mustang owners!

Cheers!
Old 8/10/13, 12:23 PM
V6 Member

Semper Fi my friend and Welcome also!

Send a private message to Deysha and she will get you updated build/delivery estimates... please be patient as she hangs out on several Mustang forums and gets overloaded with messages. She is really our only source of info and does a wonderful job - she helped me with my first Stang almost 3 years ago and is still plugging away!

A Cali Special... driven by a Marine... doesn't get much better that that sir!

Storm

Originally Posted by ccstpierre
I AM ALSO VERY EXCITED!! This is my first new car purchase and it is a dream car come true!

14 race red GT Cali Special with upgraded sound system! I initially put in an order 6/4 abouts and was beginning to lose hope and choose something else when I was surprised with the dealer giving me a VIN on 8/4!!!!

No idea about what/where build/delivery dates come from, but just glad to have some progress--!!!

vin= 1ZVBP8CFXE5257550

Can't wait to get this guy in here and make it my own with some good ol' USMC pride/tinting.

Old 8/10/13, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Storm75

I have a 2012 Mustang convertible and went through the special order process back a couple of years ago, so I know how you feel. As I am sure others have told you, it is worth the wait! It took about 6 to 8 weeks to get mine; am blessed by having a large dealership in Metro Detroit area who has a large allocation available to them.

I jumped back on this thread as I am seriously considering ordering a 2014 as that will be our last chance to get one of the "retro Stangs" before the big change in the upcoming 2015 model due in April. More about that later as I hang out on this thread with you folks...

You will enjoy your car year-round in Cali as opposed to someone like me in Michigan. Esp since mine is a rag-top it spent the last several winters in the garage. Never really put it away so to speak, just only used it on cold, dry days. Some guys up here (I belong to a large Mustang club...) buy winter tires and wheels and daily-drive theirs. More of a question of a a lack of ground clearance more than anything, much more than a couple of inches of snow and you are in a bad way. Some others do have the luxury of a 2nd car, have at least one Stang friend who bought a beater just for bad days. Some just don't want to expose them tot he elements and as such they sit a lot - not sure if I understand that but whatever works for them?

Dealer Detailing - I think this issue is a bit over-rated myself. Most any "detailing" done by a dealer consists of removing all the interior plastic wrappings, removing protective film from bright-work and then washing the car. Most wash thru one of those auto car wash things and that is where the problem lies for the really fastidious among us: surface scratches and swirl marks. If you get into detailing (like I did) this isn't such a big deal - you clay the car as soon as you get it and then apply your own sealant, wax etc. Some of us here have really gotten into detailing and you will find much help in that area! Unless the shop guy is a real nut case there isn't much damage he is going to do to your new car. If it really concerns you, they will be happy to NOT prep it.

Dates - always a source of irritation when you order a Mustang. Our dear friend Deysha was a big help to me back in 2011 and really glad to see her still on the job! You give her your DORA info and she will update you. Way cool once you learn from her your VIN number as you can then go online and access/print a true copy of your Window Sticker, i.e. the Monroney Label you mentioned. Bottom line: Ford doesn't really understand the customer special order process very well and dealers understand it even less. My dealer sells thousands of cars a year; they have admitted to me a mere handful special order their vehicle and the ones that do are all Mustang peeps. (If you have ever seen how Chevy does a Corvette special order, esp if you select the Museum Delivery option, you will wish Ford could wake up as to how to handle this!)

Storm
Well said sir.
Old 8/10/13, 09:55 PM
V6 Member

Given the traditionally-heavy retail mix in favor of coupes, I have to admit to being absolutely floored while driving through Ford employee parking lots in and around Dearborn and the overwhelming percentage of Convertibles I've seen.

Canada is very similar for some reason with Canadians opting for a WAY higher percentage of Convertibles than elsewhere for GT500s in particular. It's really odd.

I wonder if it has to do with having fewer driving days overall to enjoy the car each year and wanting to make the most of each opportunity by being able to drop the top if they want.
Old 8/10/13, 10:34 PM

Storm
Awesome, thanks, Storm!
Old 8/12/13, 03:49 PM
V6 Member

Hats off to Deysha!

I just learned that she drove the train through the night just to get my spouse's new Shelby from Flat Rock to the railyard at Petersburg, VA. Hats off to Ford. The Shelby arrived early. Now I have to buy my wife another radar detector!

Last edited by Flynford; 8/12/13 at 03:57 PM.
Old 8/12/13, 09:57 PM
GT Member

I just got great news too!

According to Deysha, my SGM V6 Premium Mustang with the Pony Package is arriving at the dealer next week. I am happy to say the dealer and I worked out a fair price to have the FRPP V6 suspension package, the FRPP PHB and the FRPP touring axle backs all installed before I take delivery. That means everything is covered under the loan and completely under the Ford 3x36 bumper to bumper warranty. Plus Ford has the 1K cash back, 1K Bonus cash and the 750 Private Cash deal going now. Awesome!

I will post comments after I take delivery. Prior to the mustang I had a BMW 330xi, an Audi TT, a VW GLI and a CC R-Line so I have very high standards when it comes to handling.
Old 8/13/13, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by ustabawannab
I just got great news too!

According to Deysha, my SGM V6 Premium Mustang with the Pony Package is arriving at the dealer next week. I am happy to say the dealer and I worked out a fair price to have the FRPP V6 suspension package, the FRPP PHB and the FRPP touring axle backs all installed before I take delivery. That means everything is covered under the loan and completely under the Ford 3x36 bumper to bumper warranty. Plus Ford has the 1K cash back, 1K Bonus cash and the 750 Private Cash deal going now. Awesome!

I will post comments after I take delivery. Prior to the mustang I had a BMW 330xi, an Audi TT, a VW GLI and a CC R-Line so I have very high standards when it comes to handling.
when did you ordered yours?
Old 8/13/13, 04:38 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by johncarlopang
when did you ordered yours?
Ordered 6/10, Window Sticker 7/30, BLEND 8/5. Actual build date was 8/5 and now it's to be loaded on a train. My original estimated delivery to the dealer was 8/28, then changed to 8/27, then changed again to 8/22. As Deysha warns, dates are subject to change down or up so I'm not holding my breath. I used my dealers last allocation they had at the time so for now, things are moving pretty good despite the monthlong shutdown.

I still have my leased CC so I have a backup car until November 6. I'd like to say I'm in no hurry to get the Mustang (especially since I'll have double payments for a month) but I cannot freakin wait
Old 8/13/13, 06:37 AM
GT Member

Just heard my window sticker will be up on 8/15 and estimated ETA to the dealer is 9/3. I know it will all be worth it the first time I fire her up but this wait has just about killed me though!!!
Old 8/13/13, 07:47 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcin K.
And big BIG THANK YOU to Deysha for keeping me sane during the entire process. I'm out of town next week, but I'll post pics as soon as I can. Congrats to you as well woodzusa! Car looks awesome!
Congrats again, Marcin K.!

Originally Posted by Spark
I was told by Deysha that my car was loaded on a truck today. How can I track this? Anyone have an educated guess or experience in truck delivery to chicagoland?
You can’t track where the trucks are, Spark. Only when it leaves and when it arrives at your dealer.

Originally Posted by Stang14
Congrats to everyone getting their Mustang soon, or being able to get behind the wheel. The wait is hard, but driving her is a rush. A couple points based on my ordering experience.

Also a big thanks to Deysha who works very hard to provide updates to everyone.
Have fun driving and doing the dealer pickup activities.
Thanks again, Stang14!

Originally Posted by ccstpierre
Welcome and congrats, ccstpierre! Thank you for the PM. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Semper Fi my friend and Welcome also!
Send a private message to Deysha and she will get you updated build/delivery estimates... please be patient as she hangs out on several Mustang forums and gets overloaded with messages. She is really our only source of info and does a wonderful job - she helped me with my first Stang almost 3 years ago and is still plugging away!

A Cali Special... driven by a Marine... doesn't get much better that that sir!
Thanks for the support, Storm75!

Originally Posted by Flynford
Hats off to Deysha!
I just learned that she drove the train through the night just to get my spouse's new Shelby from Flat Rock to the railyard at Petersburg, VA. Hats off to Ford. The Shelby arrived early. Now I have to buy my wife another radar detector!
Lol! I’m adding that to my resume, Flynford.

Originally Posted by pressman43
Just heard my window sticker will be up on 8/15 and estimated ETA to the dealer is 9/3. I know it will all be worth it the first time I fire her up but this wait has just about killed me though!!!
It’s ok, pressman43. I got you!

Deysha
Old 8/13/13, 10:36 AM
V6 Member

After I've been religiously checking my window sticker link several times a day I gave it another shot today and instead of the usual message saying there was no sticker for my vin my browser started loading. Then bam, window sticker! My blend date is 8-19, now if only it would hurry up and get here. Also, thank you so much to Deysha for all her help. She's a miracle worker for my sanity.

Last edited by FullRide14; 8/13/13 at 11:14 AM.
Old 8/13/13, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by FullRide14
After I've been religiously checking my window sticker link several times a day I gave it another shot today and instead of the usual message saying there was no sticker for my vin my browser started loading. Then bam, window sticker! My blend date is 8-19, now if only it would hurry up and get here
Same thing for my black v6 premium saddle, performance pack! Any similar features in your order?
Old 8/13/13, 10:54 AM
V6 Member

I don't think that I have been this excited since I was a child... But I still have approximately one more week or so for delivery (if everything still goes as planned).
Old 8/13/13, 11:17 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by driverm11

Same thing for my black v6 premium saddle, performance pack! Any similar features in your order?
I had a silver gt premium with track pack, recaros, electronics package, shaker pro, and a pedestal spoiler.
Old 8/13/13, 11:19 AM

hi everyone, i ordered my mustang this month so apparently i have no car to use... im renting a car and im paying 750 dollars including tax per month. im estimating my car will be here in october, any recommendations aside from renting until my car arrvies?
Old 8/13/13, 11:38 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MartinM
I don't think that I have been this excited since I was a child... But I still have approximately one more week or so for delivery (if everything still goes as planned).
Neither have I, I'm a giddy little kid every time I get new news!
Old 8/13/13, 11:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by johncarlopang
hi everyone, i ordered my mustang this month so apparently i have no car to use... im renting a car and im paying 750 dollars including tax per month. im estimating my car will be here in october, any recommendations aside from renting until my car arrvies?
Any good friends/family that would let you borrow one?

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread