2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/13, 11:09 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope that your delivery schedule is accurate SM.

I too had a Blend Date of 8/5/13, a "hint" from my dealer that the vehicle was in production as early as 8/1/13, but an unusually long delivery date of 8/31/13 (to North Jersey).

I hope that this lengthy delivery date is just a conservative estimate, and that the vehicle arrives much sooner. The wait (12 weeks) is killing me...
Old 8/6/13, 11:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Marcin K.
Yes. Deysha should be nominated as Director of the scheduling/delivery operations. If she called the shots we would be a lot more pleased with your Ford experience.
+1 for that!!
Old 8/6/13, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Spark
Great news for you sm! My blend date is today and hope that I hear some good news as well. Where is your pony being shipped/transported to?
So Cal.
Old 8/6/13, 12:26 PM

That would be awesome!

I'm on the other end of the spectrum. My car has been sitting on the factory lot for exactly a week today! Just sitting there waiting on a truck to take it to my dealer which is 20 miles from the plant. This does not seem fair, or logical. To say I'm irritated would be an epic understatement. Can't wait for the customer survey from Ford. I have quite a few words picked to describe my order/build/ and now also delivery experience
Your frustration is very understandable, but... Dispatching any type of delivery can be a real challenge. I don't know how many vehicles your dealer sells or it's proximity to other dealers, but both of those issues may effect your delivery date. If they only get one truck a week from Flat Rock, you might have to wait. At least your car only has to travel by one mode of travel.

Originally Posted by woodzusa
That is a bunch of crap. 20 miles and your charged 750 for it.
I will also look forward to a survey. Mine was suppose to be at dealer 07/14. Just hoping that it arrives this weekend

they need Deysha running the show at the plant.
Again, frustration is understandable. Imagine all of the pieces of the puzzle that have to go right for things to arrive on time.

And Deysha seems like too nice a person to wish those headaches on!
Old 8/6/13, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by FullRide14
I thought about not going with the nav but decided to since I've never had one and the test drive car I used did have one and it was amazing. I'd love a Shelby but can't justify that kind of power for a college car. I did actually drive a 2012 and it was insane. Such a blast to drive. What field of medicine are you in? I'm assuming you are correct me if I'm wrong haha.
I'm a General Surgeon in Kentucky
Old 8/6/13, 01:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sm267
Your frustration is very understandable, but... Dispatching any type of delivery can be a real challenge. I don't know how many vehicles your dealer sells or it's proximity to other dealers, but both of those issues may effect your delivery date. If they only get one truck a week from Flat Rock, you might have to wait. At least your car only has to travel by one mode of travel.

Again, frustration is understandable. Imagine all of the pieces of the puzzle that have to go right for things to arrive on time.

And Deysha seems like too nice a person to wish those headaches on!
While I understand your points. I have to say that missed build dates and delivery times seem to be a norm and not an exception just from reading this thread over the last 3 months.

Just from personal experience when ordering from other auto manufacturers, Ford has seem to be the worst when it comes to hitting the 6 to 8 week mark on delivery. Several years back, I ordered a Dodge for a company vehicle and it was in within 1 week of estimated delivery. The spouse has ordered several new Chevy's (again fleet vehicles) and they arrived at Dealer when estimated. The only other car that has been ordered in our family was a Ford Escape (another fleet vehicle) and that was delayed a month.
Granted, I will tenderly love the Mustang when it arrives and I would not want any other competitors car, but it does seem the process is a little wonky at Ford.
Old 8/6/13, 01:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by sm267
Partially true, but missing delivery dates is an indicator of a systematic failure in the delivery process. My 6-8 week lead time has turned into week 14 of STILL waiting. And from a paying customer point of view that's a catastrophic failure in the process.

Plus it is much harder to coordinate the Bill Of Materials for the assembly plant build, and predict the completion date, yet that part runs well for the most part. The delivery should be child's play by comparison.
Old 8/6/13, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Partially true, but missing delivery dates is an indicator of a systematic failure in the delivery process. My 6-8 week lead time has turned into week 14 of STILL waiting. And from a paying customer point of view that's a catastrophic failure in the process.

Plus it is much harder to coordinate the Bill Of Materials for the assembly plant build, and predict the completion date, yet that part runs well for the most part. The delivery should be child's play by comparison.
Marcin,
You up for a little covert op? I'll fly up, a few snips with the bolt cutter and a quick getaway from the security guards. We could leave an IOU note for the fence. Or they could just take it out of the delivery fee

Assuming one of us knows how to hotwire a car. Not saying I do. But I can learn

Last edited by woodzusa; 8/6/13 at 01:23 PM.
Old 8/6/13, 01:23 PM

That's so true especially since nowadays shipping has become science unto itself when you order anything else
One thing I've never understood is the dealer allocation, if you order a car from a dealer the car is for you and my opinion is that dealer numbers should not matter because the car isn't for the dealer per se. The dealer is the go between

If I had it my way, if I could drive up to Michigan to go the end of the assembly line and drive it right out of the plant.
How cool would that be to be the first to crank it up and roll out.
Old 8/6/13, 01:25 PM
GT Member

Odometer at Delivery?

I had a question, that is thread is, of course, the best place for it.

What has been everyone's odometer reading at delivery? If you reply, please note your car as (V6, GT, Shelby), delivery date (at least the month), and odometer.

The reason I ask is because I have always gotten my new special order Mustangs (4 so far), with 5-6 miles on the odo. This time, for my GT, on June 26th, my new car had 21. I know the car arrived that day at 3:00, and I was at the dealer by 7:00, so I have a hard time believing that someone at the dealer took my car for a joy ride 15+ miles worth...BUT...I am also not a fool, so I know it is possible.

At any rate, anyone else noticing Ford "testing" the car at the factory for about 20 miles too?

Last edited by Dinosoar; 8/6/13 at 01:27 PM.
Old 8/6/13, 01:37 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by DrNebel
I'm a General Surgeon in Kentucky
That's sweet. I'm currently going to school to be a Physical Therapist, but before I decided upon that I looked in to a General Surgeon and also a Family Practice Doc. All the extra schooling and malpractice insurance wasn't for me though so my love of sports prevailed.
Old 8/6/13, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dinosoar

What has been everyone's odometer reading at delivery? If you reply, please note your car as (V6, GT, Shelby), delivery date (at least the month), and odometer.

The reason I ask is because I have always gotten my new special order Mustangs (4 so far), with 5-6 miles on the odo. This time, for my GT, on June 26th, my new car had 21. I know the car arrived that day at 3:00, and I was at the dealer by 7:00, so I have a hard time believing that someone at the dealer took my car for a joy ride 15+ miles worth...BUT...I am also not a fool, so I know it is possible.

At any rate, anyone else noticing Ford "testing" the car at the factory for about 20 miles too?
My V6 was delivered in May 2013 and had 4.5 miles on it. I've seen others post here with more miles than that and some with a note in the car saying it was driven extra for testing purposes.
Old 8/6/13, 01:43 PM
V6 Member

That's so true especially since nowadays shipping has become science unto itself when you order anything else
One thing I've never understood is the dealer allocation, if you order a car from a dealer the car is for you and my opinion is that dealer numbers should not matter because the car isn't for the dealer per se. The dealer is the go between

If I had it my way, if I could drive up to Michigan to go the end of the assembly line and drive it right out of the plant.
When I was ordering mine I thought that exact same thing, a specially ordered vehicle that a person has full intentions to purchase should have nothing to do with that the dealer already has. The vehicle will be there for a day or two tops if everything goes as planned and the buyer is pleased with what shows up. Oh well, big business controls the world.
Old 8/6/13, 01:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by woodzusa
Marcin,
You up for a little covert op? I'll fly up, a few snips with the bolt cutter and a quick getaway from the security guards. We could leave an IOU note for the fence. Or they could just take it out of the delivery fee

Assuming one of us knows how to hotwire a car. Not saying I do. But I can learn
Haha, you wouldn't believe how many of my friends, and co-workers suggested the same thing!
Old 8/6/13, 01:57 PM

AMEN!! I have waited 11 weeks for a VIN, and I saw an identical order placed 9 days after mine and it was DELIVERED 2 weeks ago. Mine hasn't even been built and I am livid! I do not care about dealer allocations or anything else. Ford accepted MY ORDER, not a dealer order and as such it should have been in line with everyone else. I should hear back from a FORD represenative by tomorrow and what Ford is going to do to make it right.
Old 8/6/13, 02:13 PM
GT Member

Wow JD, your seems to be the worst case here. I hope you get some resolution soon.
Old 8/6/13, 03:05 PM

The allocation process is mysterious, but it applies to all retail and stock orders. Oddly, a dealer's willingness to accept oddball slow sellers ( say electric Focus or Fusion), which might then sit on the lot for months, can directly effect their Mustang allocation. Some dealers just have a better relationship with the manufacturer than others. And not many dealers are going to risk having a customer go to another dealer by telling them that their order is going to be delayed because they don't have an allocation this month (or next...). Ford will accept the order, but it will remain "in processing" status until the dealer has an allocation. What Ford won't do is tell you, the dealer's customer, that the order is being held up due to allocation issues. Doing so would likely land Ford in a costly lawsuit for interfering with the dealer's business. Nevertheless, it is hard pill to swallow when you're waiting months for your car.

Also, fleet orders are a completely different animal. Check out Ford's fleet website for some of the perks for fleet buyers.
Old 8/6/13, 03:06 PM

I just got word that my eta is 9/6/13. I can't wait for it to show up.
Old 8/6/13, 03:25 PM

Thanks for the information , that explains quite a bit. I'm standing my ground in the fact a dealer's allocation means nothing to me, I am the customer buying the vehicle. This process is fundamentally flawed and needs to be fixed.
Old 8/6/13, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dinosoar

GT 4miles on mine. I thought Ford included a "hey we tested your car note" if they took it for quality control.

Maybe they drove yours from a holding lot?

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread