2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 8/25/13, 04:59 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MD1
This guy sounds like a broken record.

We've all heard your sob story several times. We get it. Unlucky.

Put up or shut up.
His plight provides valuable lessons for folks that find this forum though external google searches.

It's like "Why is the news on so often, when all the do is repeat the same headlines?" It's boring to the continuous viewer but valuable for the pop-in. JD's order is a cautionary tale to the uninitiated. It's hard to know when a sales manager is telling the truth about allocations and priorities. You have to find a reputable dealer or you're better off buying one off the lot.

He's just venting. Cut him some slack

Last edited by ustabawannab; 8/25/13 at 05:01 AM.
Old 8/25/13, 06:11 PM
V6 Member

This is the first weekend since the drive home from the dealer that my spouse and I have had a chance to drive the GT500 we just received from Ford per our order. Here are a few of our initial observations:

It is very quick in steering but easy to get comfortable with;

The engine torque is so high, and the gear spacing is so wide, that several gears will work under most circumstances;

The clutch pedal pressure is really light relative to many muscle cars we have owned over the years;

It has good forward visibility and poor rear visibility;

It is easy to overpower the stock tires in several gears;

Other drivers honk and wave at you going down the road;

It would be easy to put yourself in a position to get a ticket for various offenses;

We liked our Z06 LS7 and we like our big block muscle cars. The GT500 has the best of many features of all these cars; and

The last Mustang I owned was a new black 1966 289 cid model back in 1966. They have come a long way over the last 47 years.
Old 8/25/13, 09:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flynford
This is the first weekend since the drive home from the dealer that my spouse and I have had a chance to drive the GT500 we just received from Ford per our order. Here are a few of our initial observations:

It is very quick in steering but easy to get comfortable with;

The engine torque is so high, and the gear spacing is so wide, that several gears will work under most circumstances;

The clutch pedal pressure is really light relative to many muscle cars we have owned over the years;

It has good forward visibility and poor rear visibility;

It is easy to overpower the stock tires in several gears;

Other drivers honk and wave at you going down the road;

It would be easy to put yourself in a position to get a ticket for various offenses;

We liked our Z06 LS7 and we like our big block muscle cars. The GT500 has the best of many features of all these cars; and

The last Mustang I owned was a new black 1966 289 cid model back in 1966. They have come a long way over the last 47 years.
That sounds amazing! Don't worry about the poor rear visibility. I suspect there won't be too many cars keeping up with you!
Old 8/26/13, 06:04 AM
V6 Member

Another observation is the high torque extends over the wide RPM range, 0-7K. A 455 Olds or Buick has this same high torque sensation, but stock they are all done about 5000 rpm. A 426 max wedge or a 440 are all in by 6K rpm.

You have to go to a tweaked Gran National to get the same feel as the 2014 Shelby. Of course, it is also a forced induction engine and this is not a coincidence. Never underestimate one of those. Many street driven GN's will run in the 10s and some strip cars have gone into the 6s.
Old 8/26/13, 07:16 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MartinM
I know that this has been said time and again, but just try to hang in there.
I am not normally a patient individual, so waiting for my Mustang was quite a chalenge for me, but well worth the wait. I was constantly checking every source that I could access for updates on the vehicle's progress. When it finally arrived, I completely forgot all of the frustrations and worries. Deysha was a big help, be sure to utilyze her expertise.
Thank you for the kind words, MartinM!

Originally Posted by pressman43
Mine has looked like this so far:

That's all the info for now. Waiting for Deysha to give me hope!
It’ll get moving soon, pressman43.

Originally Posted by FullRide14
Hey Deysha, I'm not sure if you got my PM or not i was just wondering if you have any new information on my order. I understand you're extremely busy, I'm just anxious haha. Let me know please. Thanks Deysha!
Almost there, FullRide14!

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
Thanks for your numbers. It's been 3 weeks and I am still waiting on a VIN myself.

Good luck to all on your waits. May you get your cars early!
I’m keeping my fingers crossed for this week, Mrsuitcase.

Originally Posted by LCC
If she got a promotion then we would have someone else.. Might work for her but not for us..
Awwwee!! That is exactly how I feel!!!

Originally Posted by ScottMoore96
OMG! Deysha is a rock star!
Projected Delivery: 9/28/2013
I am one lucky fellow.....
Lol! Thank you and you’re welcome, ScottMoore96.

Originally Posted by hotwheels71
Well, my beautiful Mustang came this past week...I've been too busy enjoying it and taking care of the rest of my life that this is my first chance to post some pics.

Many thanks to Deysha for her insider knowledge and support! Thanks also to this great online community for your enthusiasm and encouragement, especially through the long 2.5-month wait for my new car (totally worth the wait). And thanks to Ford for making such a legendary car! This beast rocks (even with a humble V6)!

I also had a great experience with the Ford Store at Morgan Hill.
Cheers, everyone!
Woot woot!! Awesome and congrats, hotwheels71!!

Deysha
Old 8/26/13, 07:50 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordService

It’ll get moving soon, pressman43.

Deysha
I got your PM with the new ETA, I didn't think mine was coming on a rail car since the window sticker says Convoy. Will you please let me know when it loads for shipping though? Thanks

Last edited by pressman43; 8/26/13 at 07:52 AM.
Old 8/26/13, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by LCC
Humm. What color?
Deep Impact Blue, Black Accent Stripes

Old 8/26/13, 09:55 AM
LCC
V6 Member

Damet.. you got mine..

Only difference is ours is a vert, same options....
Old 8/26/13, 09:59 AM
V6 Member

Deysha just let me know I have an ETA of 9-5 and my car is waiting for a truck to the dealer. These next ten days are going to be torture. Wish I could go and pick it up myself! Thank you so much Deysha!!
Old 8/26/13, 10:05 AM

New member here. Greetings to everyone. Deysha, I sent you a PM a few days ago. Can you check please?
Old 8/26/13, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by LCC
Damet.. you got mine..

Only difference is ours is a vert, same options....
I am glad I have good taste! I really really like the lines on the coupe. I agonized on the choice for a while.

In the end, couldn't justify the convertible in Iowa...it would be a six or seven month option

My first accessory (or 'mod') will be a $2000 beater to drive in the winter anyway, so I hope I don't regret the coupe.

Hope you get a good ETA soon, sorry to steal yours, haha!
Old 8/26/13, 10:16 AM
GT Member

My ETA has passed. Hoping for some good news that it is at the dealership.
Old 8/26/13, 11:45 AM

I jumped this bandwagon and ordered a 5.0 on the 19th. They told me December, but I'm hoping sooner. Supposedly I'm the first at this dealer to order a Mustang, and is one of the best dealers in Las Vegas.
Old 8/26/13, 11:59 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by STANGIT-NV
I jumped this bandwagon and ordered a 5.0 on the 19th. They told me December, but I'm hoping sooner. Supposedly I'm the first at this dealer to order a Mustang, and is one of the best dealers in Las Vegas.
I loved visiting Las Vegas. I felt like I was walking on hallowed ground at Shelby American. AWESOME!!!
Old 8/26/13, 01:42 PM
V6 Member

I love that color. I think that will be a really sharp looking car too. Personally I think the DIB and silver is gorgeous!
Old 8/26/13, 01:43 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by deepsea
New member here. Greetings to everyone. Deysha, I sent you a PM a few days ago. Can you check please?
Congrats on the order, and welcome! What's the specs on your ride?
Old 8/26/13, 02:39 PM
LCC
V6 Member

I am glad I have good taste! I really really like the lines on the coupe. I agonized on the choice for a while.

In the end, couldn't justify the convertible in Iowa...it would be a six or seven month option

My first accessory (or 'mod') will be a $2000 beater to drive in the winter anyway, so I hope I don't regret the coupe.

Hope you get a good ETA soon, sorry to steal yours, haha!
Yes, we do have good taste you and I .. I would have got the Coupe but the wife wanted a convertible since "I" already have a "fun" car she says.. Happy wife, happy life..

I always told her she owns half of the 68, just that her half doesn't have the steering wheel. Now she's saying the same thing about her's to me..
Old 8/26/13, 03:43 PM
Bullitt Member

A sacrifice to the Mustang Gods is required:

After 3 weeks and 3 days, still no VIN. A personal sacrifice is obviously required to get one.

When I had my 1999 Mustang Convertible, someone stole the 35th anniversary badges off the sides of my car. I was so angry... but eventually, I just dealt with it. I figured it would happen again, so I order TWO sets of badges, instead of just one. In the end, I never needed the second set of badges, but kept them as a memento when I gave up my 1999 car.

Fast Forward to now: While walking through my local commuter train parking lot, I often see a red Mustang with it's badges stolen. It's the same generation as mine was. It's been two months, and they still haven't been replaced. And with a 2014 Mustang coming, how much do I need a memento of my 1999?

So, I will make a sacrifice. I will put my 1999 souvenir badges in an envelope, and while walking by that sad looking Mustang, I will place the envelop under one of the wipers. Enjoy your new 35th anniversary badges, whoever you are. I will smile when I walk by and see them put on.

And maybe, just maybe, the Mustang Gods will be watching and give me a VIN!
Old 8/26/13, 04:55 PM

I submitted my order the 19th, called to change something today and they said it already has a build date!! Seems way early!!

I'm hoping I can my change in or it looks like I'm canceling and resubmitting... never again will I let my husband talk me out of features... I have been thinking about it for a week, and I just have to have it my way! ! Pretty sure my dealer hates me!
Old 8/26/13, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by FullRide14

Congrats on the order, and welcome! What's the specs on your ride?
Thanks. Specs are pretty standard. Black GT premium, brembo pkg, 3.55 and spoiler. Ordered about 1 week ago. So waiting...

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread