2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/13, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FullRide14
All these bad dealer reports make me feel like I got extremely lucky, he's been great through the whole process.
A good dealer relationship makes a world of difference. If you find a dealer/salesperson you are pleased with, try to maintain that relationship. Unfortunately, just as there are less than professional sales people and dealers, there are a lot of customers who will jump from dealer to dealer just to save a few dollars. As far as the ordering process, it would be interesting to know what percentage of vehicles purchased are special orders, as opposed to purchase from dealer stock. I would imagine special orders constitute a small percentage of total sales.

Finally, it is pretty obvious Deysha spends a considerable part of her work day tracking our orders. Besides finding the answers to a lot of PMs, she is paying close attention to this and other forums, as evidenced by her routine reply to threads. Ford is clearly paying attention to the forums and is at least making some attempt to get information out there.

Not a perfect system, but a big improvement over what it was even 10-15 years ago.
Old 8/7/13, 04:46 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by woodzusa
The 3 month wait is finally coming to an end. Car arrives to the dealer tomorrow. I still stick by my previous comments that the Ford plant and order process needs an overhaul. Deysha, as always you are awesome!

I will post pics once I changed out the cloth seats to saddle and get my gt500 quad exhaust installed.

Marcin,
I hope yours arrives soon.
That's awesome news woodzusa! Can't wait to see the pics! And I hope so too.
Old 8/7/13, 04:55 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GHIG'14
Parts are, Paxton novi 2200 (beefcake special) with jlt cold air, pypes longtubes and orx, dynotech d/s, mgw shifter, aeroforce gauge, roush gauge pod, billet grille uper and lower, SVEdrift wheels, eibach sportlines, j&m panhard bar, ford finned diff. cover, moroso catch can, braided clutch line, flowmaster american thunder axle-backs and jpc t-bolt clamps for the s/c. maybe a few other thing i'm forgetting. Oh yeah, GT500 spoiler prepainted.
Holly !
Car will be a total I it!
With all that power look out for the
Old 8/7/13, 05:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by sm267

A good dealer relationship makes a world of difference. If you find a dealer/salesperson you are pleased with, try to maintain that relationship. Unfortunately, just as there are less than professional sales people and dealers, there are a lot of customers who will jump from dealer to dealer just to save a few dollars. As far as the ordering process, it would be interesting to know what percentage of vehicles purchased are special orders, as opposed to purchase from dealer stock. I would imagine special orders constitute a small percentage of total sales.

Finally, it is pretty obvious Deysha spends a considerable part of her work day tracking our orders. Besides finding the answers to a lot of PMs, she is paying close attention to this and other forums, as evidenced by her routine reply to threads. Ford is clearly paying attention to the forums and is at least making some attempt to get information out there.

Not a perfect system, but a big improvement over what it was even 10-15 years ago.
The dealers certainly know their stuff when it comes to sales, but really are in the dark about the order and delivery process. It is inconsistent and unpredictable. Thank goodness that I found the forum and was able to get reliable information from Deysha. I am not one to normally join a forum, but without the forum, I would have pulled my (the little that I have) hair out.
Old 8/7/13, 06:31 PM
GT Member

Just heard from Deysha, ETA of 8/20/13. Many thanks for all of her help.
Same news and same date. Delivery to Chicagoland. Where is our going?
Old 8/7/13, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Spark
Same news and same date. Delivery to Chicagoland. Where is our going?
Mine is coming to Ruston Louisiana. We need to keep in touch the wife and I are planning on going to mustang week next year, she has a SGM 2013 GT. Would be cool to meet up if you happened to be there.
Old 8/7/13, 07:12 PM
LCC
V6 Member

Parts are, Paxton novi 2200 (beefcake special) with jlt cold air, pypes longtubes and orx, dynotech d/s, mgw shifter, aeroforce gauge, roush gauge pod, billet grille uper and lower, SVEdrift wheels, eibach sportlines, j&m panhard bar, ford finned diff. cover, moroso catch can, braided clutch line, flowmaster american thunder axle-backs and jpc t-bolt clamps for the s/c. maybe a few other thing i'm forgetting. Oh yeah, GT500 spoiler prepainted.
NICE. Should be a bullet on the road..

Good to hear... Things look like they're moving along..
Old 8/8/13, 10:51 AM

Agree totally I actually go to church with my dealer he has been very helpful and so far.i do think they do sometimes are not kept informed about what's going on at the plant. But he was very upfront about their dealer allocation( which was good because they were due a mustang)
Glad to see you guys coming to the end of the process
Old 8/8/13, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-0808131556.jpg

A little teaser from my Dealer after they had installed the GT 500 AB's. Picking her up Saturday
Old 8/8/13, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
Make sure there was no sheet from the plant stating it was pulled for random QT, Dinosoar.
New to the forum as you can tell. Ordered my car (2014 GT Premium with track package and Recaros) at the end of last month. I'll have to go back through this thread a bit to get an idea of how long it'll be before I should expect a DORA.

My question is this: is it possible to actually request that my car be pulled for QT once it's built? I don't mind the delivery process taking longer as a result, and I certainly won't mind a bit of extra quality testing done at the plant since if they find anything, they're probably in a better position to fix it than anyplace else!

Of course, without a VIN, it's kinda hard to put in such a request, so I'm hoping the amount of time for the order to go through the system to the point where such a request can be made isn't too long...
Old 8/8/13, 10:41 PM

Hi everyone, I ordered a 2014 Mustang . just a v6 premium... im excited to see how it looks with my optional packages... how many weeks will the car be delivered to the dealer?
Old 8/8/13, 11:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Glad to see there is still a lot of activity in this thread. You can see my timeline in my signature. I've had mine for a little over 5 months now and have 8K miles on her. Awesome car
Old 8/9/13, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by tukatz
Glad to see there is still a lot of activity in this thread. You can see my timeline in my signature. I've had mine for a little over 5 months now and have 8K miles on her. Awesome car
How's the performance as for daily driving usage? what type of gas is recommended?

does it have usb port standard features n 2014 mustang?

Old 8/9/13, 06:15 AM
LCC
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tukatz
Hey tukatz, If you can time travel hook me up

Order date I would assume is 2013, not 2014..

Nice to see some people come back and give us "real world" experience on there cars..
Old 8/9/13, 08:54 AM

Attachment 143369

A little teaser from my Dealer after they had installed the GT 500 AB's. Picking her up Saturday
Nice!!! Good luck tomorrow.
Old 8/9/13, 12:38 PM
GT Member

My Mustang is finally here!! Picking it up after work today. 14 weeks it took, but it's finally here!!
Old 8/9/13, 01:48 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by solscooter
Got my window sticker today. Everything looks in line. Can't wait to get it!
Cool!

Did your BLEND date (top of invoice) change? If not, don't get too panicked. Check with Deysha before you do anything drastic.
Taken care of. Thanks, sm267!

The 3 month wait is finally coming to an end. Car arrives to the dealer tomorrow. I still stick by my previous comments that the Ford plant and order process needs an overhaul. Deysha, as always you are awesome!
Thanks, woodzusa!

One thing I have learned from buying process is that the dealer has no concrete clue. The only person that really is reliable and has the most accurate information is Deysha! Unfortunately, there is only on Deysha! If we all could have our very own Deysha, we would not be so up-in-arms. Ford really needs to figure out a better consumer friendly purchase and delivery process. I'd rather pay someone like Deysha the commission than the guys at the dealership who just wants to make the sale.
I’m still working on cloning myself, Spark…. <~~~ Not working... Lol!

You’re very welcome!!

Thank you for your kind words, sm267!

The dealers certainly know their stuff when it comes to sales, but really are in the dark about the order and delivery process. It is inconsistent and unpredictable. Thank goodness that I found the forum and was able to get reliable information from Deysha. I am not one to normally join a forum, but without the forum, I would have pulled my (the little that I have) hair out.
Awwweee!

Niiiice!! Congrats, woodzusa!

Originally Posted by kcbrown
New to the forum as you can tell. Ordered my car (2014 GT Premium with track package and Recaros) at the end of last month. I'll have to go back through this thread a bit to get an idea of how long it'll be before I should expect a DORA.
Originally Posted by johncarlopang
Hi everyone, I ordered a 2014 Mustang . just a v6 premium... im excited to see how it looks with my optional packages... how many weeks will the car be delivered to the dealer?
Welcome, kcbrown! Congrats to the both of you! PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

Originally Posted by Marcin K.
My Mustang is finally here!! Picking it up after work today. 14 weeks it took, but it's finally here!!
Woo hoo! Pictures please, sir. Congrats!!

Deysha
Old 8/9/13, 01:55 PM
GT Member

And big BIG THANK YOU to Deysha for keeping me sane during the entire process. I'm out of town next week, but I'll post pics as soon as I can. Congrats to you as well woodzusa! Car looks awesome!
Old 8/9/13, 06:16 PM
GT Member

I was told by Deysha that my car was loaded on a truck today. How can I track this? Anyone have an educated guess or experience in truck delivery to chicagoland?
Old 8/9/13, 06:38 PM

Congrats to everyone getting their Mustang soon, or being able to get behind the wheel. The wait is hard, but driving her is a rush. A couple points based on my ordering experience.

Once the dealer has placed the order, the rest of the process until dealer prep is really out of their hands, they should be communicating with the customer the status changes from the vehicle tracking application.

First IOP - Unscheduled - Clean to IOP - Scheduled to week to IOP - Scheduled to day, then In production etc. If the IOP steps are taking a long time mine was 4/9 - 5/23 your dealer should be able to tell you if some type of hold is happening by calling their Ford rep. Also once in-Transit the VTA should have the shipping company and if they have a web site you can enter your VIN to also help track.

My dealer contacted their Ford rep several times to try and get my Mustang moving during the shipping process 6/26 thru 7/19. I do not know if this helped but it took way to long to ship out when it had been released by the plant.

Also a big thanks to Deysha who works very hard to provide updates to everyone.
Have fun driving and doing the dealer pickup activities.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread