Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/13, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is it true when we order a mustang we have to down 500 dollars and its refundable if we dont like the car once it arrive?
Old 8/2/13, 06:40 AM
GT Member

I only had to put down $250, and it is refundable as long as you haven't signed the purchase agreement.
Old 8/2/13, 07:18 AM
V6 Member

Alright, is it just me, or is this Ford coupon that I just received in the mail very confusing?

On the front of the coupon is a photo of a 2013 Shelby GT500. On the back of the coupon is a description of a Shelby GT500 ("5.8L supercharged V8 and 650 HP"). Yes, I know that it also said "available".

But then there is the infamous footnote excluding the Shelby GT500...
Old 8/2/13, 07:35 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CrazyStand
Finally some pictures. Been swamped!

About 400 miles on it right now. I'm really enjoying the car. Great performance with just enough tech/luxury for me. Got a few compliments on it from random strangers. I don't think pictures really do justice to how Sterling Grey looks.

I thought somebody had backed up into her, turns out it was just this white sappy road crap that took me hours to get off. Whew.

Next up springs and struts. Take a little float out of the car.

Sync is a little funky. I wish there was an easy way to get back to where I was in the music library after I start playing a song. Instead of having to go back though 80GB of music etc to find where I was. But the voice commands are kind of neat.

Anyway, to everybody waiting you should really enjoy your cars when they show.

Congrats Crazystand, she looks great. Sync has its moments but I like it overall. Good thing it was only sap! You gotta keep your SA up though as it seems like there's always someone trying to mess up your pony!

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 8/2/13 at 09:01 AM.
Old 8/2/13, 07:37 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rcliff1
I ordered a new 2014 GT Premium about 3 weeks ago, dealer said it would be 4-6 weeks, is that about right? When should I expect my VIN #
This is discussed throughout this thread. Start reading from about 30 pages ago and most if not all of your questions about this process will be answered.
Old 8/2/13, 08:53 AM
GT Member

I ordered a new 2014 GT Premium about 3 weeks ago, dealer said it would be 4-6 weeks, is that about right? When should I expect my VIN #
Short version of the last 500 pages. Vin could be 2 weeks could be 2 months. Nothing is set. Just depends on schedule, allocation for dealer, issues, etc . Could get the car in 30 days or could take 116 like mine did. Best advice is to just keep up with deysha. She's amazing and pretty much the only Hope you have of getting info until your car actually gets here. Good luck
Old 8/2/13, 09:00 AM
GT Member

On the average, it seems to be 8-10 weeks without any hiccups in the process (i.e., factory shutdown, dealer allocation, truck or train delivery problems, etc). Then there are the anomalies where people get their pony 4-6 weeks or 12-20 weeks. You should PM Deysha, to get the most reliable information.
Old 8/2/13, 09:11 AM

Ordered 4/26, Picked up 7/17. You do the math
Old 8/2/13, 09:17 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by johncarlopang
is it true when we order a mustang we have to down 500 dollars and its refundable if we dont like the car once it arrive?
The legal answer is the amount you have to put down is a matter left to the individual contract that you negotiate with the dealer. If you walk on the deal without legal justification, the prospects of obtaining a refund depend on the laws of your individual state. I think most of the 50 states have now adopted a version of the UCC. The Uniform draft makes contracts for the purchase of personal property subject to the statute of frauds at a $500.00 threshold. But states are free to deviate from that provision through their own legislation.

Last edited by Flynford; 8/2/13 at 09:20 AM.
Old 8/2/13, 09:43 AM
V6 Member

stop the line!!

HELP!!!
We got a window sticker yesterday for the V6 Pony package convertible we ordered back in May. There are 2 option packages NOT listed on the window sticker (Comfort Group and Reverse Sensing Security Package). We signed off original order sheet at the dealer and paid for these packages. They are must-haves and we want them factory installed, not dealer installed. Is there a chance to get these added now before the build happens?

We called the dealership.. what else can we do??
Old 8/2/13, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by emba129
HELP!!!
We got a window sticker yesterday for the V6 Pony package convertible we ordered back in May. There are 2 option packages NOT listed on the window sticker (Comfort Group and Reverse Sensing Security Package). We signed off original order sheet at the dealer and paid for these packages. They are must-haves and we want them factory installed, not dealer installed. Is there a chance to get these added now before the build happens?

If I were you, I'd send a private message to Deysha (Username: FordService) ASAP and explain the situation. If anyone can help, it's her.
Old 8/2/13, 11:25 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new order, rcliff1! We just started scheduling again yesterday. Please PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

Originally Posted by Neverl8
Best advice is to just keep up with deysha. She's amazing and pretty much the only Hope you have of getting info until your car actually gets here. Good luck
Originally Posted by Spark
You should PM Deysha, to get the most reliable information.
Originally Posted by Whiplash78
If I were you, I'd send a private message to Deysha (Username: FordService) ASAP and explain the situation. If anyone can help, it's her.
Thanks, guys!

HELP!!!

The original order still has those options, emba129. The Sales Manager has to put the changes in as soon as possible.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 8/2/13 at 11:57 AM.
Old 8/2/13, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

HELP!!!

Stay on top of your dealer about this issue!! I can't stress this enough to make sure it gets changed. Also PM Deysha as she is in the best position to help you.

Edit: She's already on it

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 8/2/13 at 11:28 AM.
Old 8/2/13, 11:55 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Stay on top of your dealer about this issue!! I can't stress this enough to make sure it gets changed. Also PM Deysha as she is in the best position to help you.

Edit: She's already on it
Lol! You know I got this, Ajcruz1.

Deysha
Old 8/2/13, 01:48 PM
V6 Member

cant believe this is happening !

Called the dealership.. they said they called local factory rep who said its too late!!! I think the guy who ordered the car dropped the ball!! They are trying to locate her an equivalent car around CT that has the same options!! I can't believe the changes cannot be put in before its gets built. Deysha, can you nail down a build date for me to see how much time we have? You can PM me

We've been waiting since May..
Old 8/2/13, 02:59 PM
GT Member

Called the dealership.. they said they called local factory rep who said its too late!!! I think the guy who ordered the car dropped the ball!! They are trying to locate her an equivalent car around CT that has the same options!! I can't believe the changes cannot be put in before its gets built. Deysha, can you nail down a build date for me to see how much time we have? You can PM me

We've been waiting since May..
The SGM PP Premium V6 in my Avatar was sitting on the showroom floor at my dealer. I ordered the exact same car except mine also has the Comfort Package and the Backup Camera. I didn't want them dealer installed.

I know exactly where you are coming from. Good luck getting it straightened out.
Old 8/3/13, 12:24 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have vin. Ya boy!
Old 8/3/13, 07:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Anyone else see a new 2014 mustang commercial? Saw one this morning. I knew they went up to $2000 cash back but it looks like they are now offering the appearance package on GT's free of charge.

Granted , it's not that impressive, but the 19 inch rims would have been nice (I ordered base getting the ugly wheels).

I'm Guessing I wouldn't be able to talk my dealer in making that a dealer installed option
Old 8/4/13, 11:16 AM

Wish Ford would give Rebates too the Shelby GT500 Buyers.
Seems like the buyers for the Shelbys are always left out.
Just because we are buying a higher dollar mustang makes no since of us [Shelby Buyers] are not getting the oportunity on Ford Rebates .
I pray Ford will address this on the Shelbys that Ford is building.
Old 8/4/13, 08:33 PM
GT Member

What does the blend/build date mean on the window sticker? Does it mean that it is finished on the date or that begins building on that date?

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread