2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/13, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Remford
Given the traditionally-heavy retail mix in favor of coupes, I have to admit to being absolutely floored while driving through Ford employee parking lots in and around Dearborn and the overwhelming percentage of Convertibles I've seen.

Canada is very similar for some reason with Canadians opting for a WAY higher percentage of Convertibles than elsewhere for GT500s in particular. It's really odd.

I wonder if it has to do with having fewer driving days overall to enjoy the car each year and wanting to make the most of each opportunity by being able to drop the top if they want.
Years ago I remember reading that in the '60's and '70's, the districts with the highest percentage of convertible deliveries were those located in the New England states. I wonder if that is still true.

When the restoration hobby of early Mustangs took off, it seemed like a very high percentage of the convertibles had DSO's from the Northeast, and lot of those cars had fairly low miles. That fact really adds credence to your thought that buyers in those states want to make the most of their limited nice outdoor season.
Old 8/13/13, 03:01 PM

none... i guess thats only way i can use a car....
Old 8/13/13, 11:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Ordered August 3rd, 2013. I realize it's probably premature to ask, but I'm only in the 2nd week and I'm already going nuts wondering about it!! I couldn't resist a PM to Deysha!

A humble V6 coupe - with lots of nice options though - Ruby Red, Glass Roof, Saddle Leather and the Pony Package.

Best of luck to all those waiting!
Old 8/13/13, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
Ordered August 3rd, 2013. I realize it's probably premature to ask, but I'm only in the 2nd week and I'm already going nuts wondering about it!! I couldn't resist a PM to Deysha!

A humble V6 coupe - with lots of nice options though - Ruby Red, Glass Roof, Saddle Leather and the Pony Package.

Congrats, Mrsuitcase, sounds like my ride...a tricked out V6 with glass roof and pony package, but I got blue with the stone interior. I think our rides will be awesome!
Old 8/14/13, 10:07 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by FullRide14
After I've been religiously checking my window sticker link several times a day I gave it another shot today and instead of the usual message saying there was no sticker for my vin my browser started loading. Then bam, window sticker! My blend date is 8-19, now if only it would hurry up and get here. Also, thank you so much to Deysha for all her help. She's a miracle worker for my sanity.
You’re very welcome, FullRide14!

Originally Posted by johncarlopang
hi everyone, i ordered my mustang this month so apparently i have no car to use... im renting a car and im paying 750 dollars including tax per month. im estimating my car will be here in october, any recommendations aside from renting until my car arrvies?
I hope everything moves fast for you, johncarlopang!

Woot woot! Welcome and congrats, Mrsuitcase! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 8/14/13, 10:17 AM
GT Member

Got my window sticker today. Blend date of 8/20 and ETA to dealer 9/3. I hope it doesn't get delayed for any reason, I'll use the power of positive thought and will it to be early. I can't wait to fire it up!!
Old 8/14/13, 12:15 PM
V6 Member

Ruby red is an awesome color I was back and forth on it or silver for a long time. Ended up with the silver because it will be much easier to keep clean. Living on a dirt 3 miles from blacktop is relaxing but terrible on my OCD car cleaning mind. Good luck with the order though I hope it comes quickly. The wait is terrible!!

Last edited by FullRide14; 8/14/13 at 12:16 PM.
Old 8/14/13, 01:48 PM
GT Member

Looks like mine got built. Hoping it get here sooner rather than later. A Labor Day ride would be awesome
Old 8/14/13, 03:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordService

Woot woot! Welcome and congrats, Mrsuitcase! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
That's all sorts of happy! Looking forward to it!
Old 8/14/13, 03:51 PM
GT Member

Deysha with Ford Service is absolutley awesome in how she handles everyone on this forum and tries to help them get info on their order status and remedy any problems they may have. If everyone of the members on here would donate a $1.00 she could go on one heck of a cruise. LOL
Old 8/14/13, 06:30 PM
V6 Member

Spouse's Shelby arrives at the dealership today 5 days early.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-shelbyrear.jpg  

Last edited by Flynford; 8/14/13 at 06:32 PM.
Old 8/14/13, 07:18 PM

Are you all buying straight through local dealer? Is there an easier way to buy, such as a ford internet salesman?
Old 8/14/13, 08:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by papashango49
Are you all buying straight through local dealer? Is there an easier way to buy, such as a ford internet salesman?
No there is no way to directly order through Ford. I WISH there was a way to cut out the middle man (dealer)! Everyone who orders a Ford has to order through the dealer.
Old 8/14/13, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flynford
Spouse's Shelby arrives at the dealership today 5 days early.
That car looks absolutely beautiful, Flynford!
Old 8/14/13, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by pressman43
Deysha with Ford Service is absolutley awesome in how she handles everyone on this forum and tries to help them get info on their order status and remedy any problems they may have. If everyone of the members on here would donate a $1.00 she could go on one heck of a cruise. LOL
For such an occasion of mass praise, I'd suggest everyone pitch in for a Tim Horton's coffee gift card. However, I'm not sure if Tim Horton's even exists in Michigan! (I'm a canuck, eh!)

I mean after all, you tip wait staff for good service, why not be nice to someone else who goes above and beyond?
Old 8/15/13, 06:44 AM
LCC
V6 Member

For such an occasion of mass praise, I'd suggest everyone pitch in for a Tim Horton's coffee gift card. However, I'm not sure if Tim Horton's even exists in Michigan! (I'm a canuck, eh!)

I mean after all, you tip wait staff for good service, why not be nice to someone else who goes above and beyond?
Tim's Does have stores in Michigan.
Old 8/15/13, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
No there is no way to directly order through Ford. I WISH there was a way to cut out the middle man (dealer)! Everyone who orders a Ford has to order through the dealer.
there arent sales guys from dealerships posting here offering straight fwd pricing? dont see why they cant do that
Old 8/15/13, 08:23 AM

Flynn that Shelby looks awesome!
Old 8/15/13, 09:11 AM
LCC
V6 Member

there arent sales guys from dealerships posting here offering straight fwd pricing? dont see why they cant do that
How would a dealership make any money and stay in business?
Old 8/15/13, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

This is probably a topic for another forum, but...

I just used services called "unhaggle" and "carcostcanada". You get to see the dealership's invoice price. Then a dealership or two will call you. At that point they offer you something reasonable a little higher than invoice.

If you want to grind it out between competing dealerships by doing the back and forth thing, you can probably get lower - but I just found my method to be simple and time-effective, where I'm getting a price where I save some money, and the dealership is still making a bit. Everyone's happy.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread