Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/14, 07:36 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Hi Deysha,

I have sent you a PM, no rush
Thanks, JoeMidnight! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by Turbo302
More Progress! My Window Sticker posted yesterday! Blend on 6/11/14
Woo hoo! One step closer, Turbo302!

Deysha
Old 6/5/14, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off let me start by thanking Deysha for her awesomeness. I am sure you are busy as it is and getting back to all of us on here in a timely manner might make it a bit more difficult. It is great that you do this and I really appreciate it thank you for everything Deysha.

My car is at the dealership it arrived Tuesday I was notified Wednesday. I will be picking it up next friday due to my crazy work schedule . I can't wait guys super excited , those of you that have cars coming hang in there only a few more days mine actually arrived sooner than what I expected. Hopefully you all get early deliveries also can't wait to see all of your cool stangs . I will post pictures as soon as i can
Old 6/6/14, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Cease5.0
First off let me start by thanking Deysha for her awesomeness. I am sure you are busy as it is and getting back to all of us on here in a timely manner might make it a bit more difficult. It is great that you do this and I really appreciate it thank you for everything Deysha.

My car is at the dealership it arrived Tuesday I was notified Wednesday. I will be picking it up next friday due to my crazy work schedule . I can't wait guys super excited , those of you that have cars coming hang in there only a few more days mine actually arrived sooner than what I expected. Hopefully you all get early deliveries also can't wait to see all of your cool stangs . I will post pictures as soon as i can
Awwwwe!! Thank you for the kind words and you're very welcome, Cease5.0! Congrats and enjoy!

Deysha
Old 6/6/14, 12:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Vehicle has arrived to the Toronto rail which is the last stop! its only about 40 minutes away from me! I should have it by the 10th (which is subject to change) !!!!!!!
Old 6/6/14, 12:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Hey Deysha, my eta is showing 6/19. Is that accurate? I need to plan my flight to Seattle to pick it up, so I'd like to make arrangements if I can. Thanks!
Old 6/6/14, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am not a dramatic person, but I have to admit to feeling some of the frustration lancemb went through with his, watching people whose cars were ordered long after mine, built long after mine, get their cars while mine still sits outside the factory. My dealer has been great. Touches base with me regularly, whether he's got new info or not. The updates from Deysha are great as well.

But I've got a two week trip planned for the end of June into July. I was really hoping to have my car and possibly take it with me if I've got the break in miles on it. But at this point it would get to me either right before I leave, or be sitting out on the dealers lot for two weeks while I'm away. Or it may not get to me until after I'm back, which is what COTUS shows right now...at which point summer is half gone. And summers here are SHORT.

Sorry to vent guys, I don't want to be "that guy". Just starting to sting a little. I know I'll love the car when I get it. I've waited for years to be in a secure financial position to buy a car that's my toy, a big *** present to me for being my awesome self. This won't ruin that, it just makes every extension on the ETA a little more painful.
Old 6/6/14, 01:07 PM
Cobra Member

Buddy, You have every right to vent. I can totally sympathize for anyone that's been waiting as long as you have. I would totally be grumpy ****. At least you have your sales guy working with you. My sales rep has been ZERO help. I've only had Deysha and the site to help me keep dibs on its progress.

Yeah - Winnipeg has one of its harshest winters in Canada. we have an office in Winnipeg and will travel there for a week every couple of years and when i was there last, my loaner car showed that it was -54 outside a couple of times! its pretty bad, don't know how you do it!

I hope that the car just pops up on your radar and you get it really soon!
Old 6/6/14, 01:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
I am not a dramatic person, but I have to admit to feeling some of the frustration lancemb went through with his, watching people whose cars were ordered long after mine, built long after mine, get their cars while mine still sits outside the factory.
I sympathize. Since I'm in a hot climate I'd have happily waited to go last. It's like 105-110 F this week. I had the opposite "problem," I thought I had another 30 days to prepare for the car's arrival, but suddenly the date rapidly moved forward and next thing I know it's here. I'm delighted to have the car but I needed the time to get the garage in order.

I have found the whole process fascinating; I'd be interested in knowing why they don't FIFO the factory though.
Old 6/6/14, 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

I felt like lakeguy deserved his own post, but as I mentioned I received my car yesterday and it's gorgeous.

Thanks to Deysha for helping out with the updates, especially with respect to the order changes - that was a pretty emotional experience.

The whole ordering process (you listening lakeguy?) is WAY more emotionally taxing than I ever would have expected. Not necessarily bad, but a lot more ups and downs than I originally thought.

Look for pics in the introductions thread if you're interested...

Last edited by berzerk_1980; 6/6/14 at 01:57 PM.
Old 6/6/14, 01:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I am not a dramatic person, but I have to admit to feeling some of the frustration lancemb went through with his, watching people whose cars were ordered long after mine, built long after mine, get their cars while mine still sits outside the factory. My dealer has been great. Touches base with me regularly, whether he's got new info or not. The updates from Deysha are great as well. But I've got a two week trip planned for the end of June into July. I was really hoping to have my car and possibly take it with me if I've got the break in miles on it. But at this point it would get to me either right before I leave, or be sitting out on the dealers lot for two weeks while I'm away. Or it may not get to me until after I'm back, which is what COTUS shows right now...at which point summer is half gone. And summers here are SHORT. Sorry to vent guys, I don't want to be "that guy". Just starting to sting a little. I know I'll love the car when I get it. I've waited for years to be in a secure financial position to buy a car that's my toy, a big *** present to me for being my awesome self. This won't ruin that, it just makes every extension on the ETA a little more painful.
No man, you have every right to grumble. I feel so bad for you and the other guys whose cars have been buried in a lot somewhere. And honestly I feel like such an a-hole actually wanting my car to be delayed so I can have a bigger down payment!

How about you go pick mine up and take care of it until you leave for your trip, then I'll go get your car? Deal? Lol
Old 6/6/14, 01:52 PM
Cobra Member

I called my dealership and had let them know that I had been given updates to the whole build / delivery process and I swear, everytime I reach my sales guy, he's not in the office. I spoke to the sales manager and he told me that his paperwork says that my car isn't due till the 22nd and that he receives updates daily.... I laughed at him and told him to get a proper update. I TOLD him its in Toronto!!

He's going to contact the delivery company on Monday and see if they can get it there sooner. like wtf! that's a waste of time, its supposed to be there by the time he actually tries to do something.

Deysha, honestly. You've been more helpful than the group of guys that I am actually giving the commission to and have had some actual interaction with!

Thank you again for all of your help.
Old 6/6/14, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38
Hey Deysha, my eta is showing 6/19. Is that accurate? I need to plan my flight to Seattle to pick it up, so I'd like to make arrangements if I can. Thanks!
6/19 is what’s showing right now, lasterred38. It’s still subject to change. It still needs to be put out to await shipment.

I am not a dramatic person, but I have to admit to feeling some of the frustration lancemb went through with his, watching people whose cars were ordered long after mine, built long after mine, get their cars while mine still sits outside the factory. My dealer has been great. Touches base with me regularly, whether he's got new info or not. The updates from Deysha are great as well. ...
There seem to be some delays, lakeguy77. It’ll get moving before we know it.

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
I felt like lakeguy deserved his own post, but as I mentioned I received my car yesterday and it's gorgeous.

Thanks to Deysha for helping out with the updates, especially with respect to the order changes - that was a pretty emotional experience. ...
You’re very welcome, berserk_1980!

Vehicle has arrived to the Toronto rail which is the last stop! its only about 40 minutes away from me! I should have it by the 10th (which is subject to change) !!!!!!!
I called my dealership and had let them know that I had been given updates to the whole build / delivery process and I swear, everytime I reach my sales guy, he's not in the office. I spoke to the sales manager and he told me that his paperwork says that my car isn't due till the 22nd and that he receives updates daily.... I laughed at him and told him to get a proper update. I TOLD him its in Toronto!!

He's going to contact the delivery company on Monday and see if they can get it there sooner. like wtf! that's a waste of time, its supposed to be there by the time he actually tries to do something.

Deysha, honestly. You've been more helpful than the group of guys that I am actually giving the commission to and have had some actual interaction with!

Thank you again for all of your help.
It’s getting closer, JoeMidnight! Thank you for the kind words and you’re very welcome!

Deysha
Old 6/6/14, 09:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have found the whole process fascinating; I'd be interested in knowing why they don't FIFO the factory though.
I know why....with the sheer volume of cars leaving the factory and trucks/trains transporting cars in all directions that need to be full of a bunch of cars going in the same direction before they leave, it would be a nightmare to manage.

Pull say, 50 cars out of the factory and line them up, then 50 behind them, 50 more, 50 more. Out of that first 50, say 6 are headed for Canada, but the rail car(s) hold 30 cars. How many rows do you have to dig through, moving cars out of the way, to get those 30 cars? Never mind the rest of the trains & trucks arriving/departing in all directions. With mine, they might be trying to fill a rail car and need a couple more cars to do it, but they're buried 10 rows back....

This is all just speculation, but at any given time there's probably a few thousand cars sitting there side by side and nose to tail, headed all over the continent (and starting later this summer, all over the world). I do NOT envy the people that need to sort that out.
Old 6/6/14, 09:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
No man, you have every right to grumble. I feel so bad for you and the other guys whose cars have been buried in a lot somewhere. And honestly I feel like such an a-hole actually wanting my car to be delayed so I can have a bigger down payment!

How about you go pick mine up and take care of it until you leave for your trip, then I'll go get your car? Deal? Lol
Hahaha, thanks man, but customs might have questions.
Old 6/8/14, 11:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Cease5.0
First off let me start by thanking Deysha for her awesomeness. I am sure you are busy as it is and getting back to all of us on here in a timely manner might make it a bit more difficult. It is great that you do this and I really appreciate it thank you for everythin
Congratulations I can't wait to see the pictures!
Old 6/8/14, 11:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I am not a dramatic person, but I have to admit to feeling some of the frustration lancemb went through with his, watching people whose cars were ordered long after mine, built long after mine, get their cars while mine still sits outside the factory. My dealer has been great. Touches base with me regularly, whether he's got new info or not. The updates from Deysha are great as well.

But I've got a two week trip planned for the end of June into July. I was really hoping to have my car and possibly take it with me if I've got the break in miles on it. But at this point it would get to me either right before I leave, or be sitting out on the dealers lot for two weeks while I'm away. Or it may not get to me until after I'm back, which is what COTUS shows right now...at which point summer is half gone. And summers here are SHORT.

Sorry to vent guys, I don't want to be "that guy". Just starting to sting a little. I know I'll love the car when I get it. I've waited for years to be in a secure financial position to buy a car that's my toy, a big *** present to me for being my awesome self. This won't ruin that, it just makes every extension on the ETA a little more painful.
I feel your pain....my car showed up the morning I left on a trip with the wife for 12 days. I got to see it before we left, although I think that made it worse lol. But once I drove it all was forgotten. hang in there it will all be worth it in the end!
Old 6/9/14, 05:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Like I said, this won't dampen my enjoyment or excitement when it's finally here. I suppose part of it is that of all the local dealer VIN's I've plugged into COTUS for comparison, not a single one has been longer than 30 days from Blend to Delivery. Just a little frustrating that's all.
Old 6/9/14, 07:36 AM
Cobra Member

Car went to zero days. back up to 3

not too sure why it would take any longer than by the end of today, knowing that its at the last rail yard, waiting to be driven to the dealership.
Old 6/9/14, 08:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Car went to zero days. back up to 3

not too sure why it would take any longer than by the end of today, knowing that its at the last rail yard, waiting to be driven to the dealership.
On my vehicle cotusb, Deysha, and my dealer all gave dates consistent with each other, but my dealer insisted there would be additional trucking time after the "delivery date" specified by cotusb and Deysha. The time spent at zero days was consistent with the trucking time the dealer mentioned. During this time, Deysha gave me an update that the car was waiting for a truck. The actual transit time on the truck seemed to be very fast, but it did seem like the trucking part was kind of the weak point in communication.
Old 6/9/14, 08:35 AM
Cobra Member

On my vehicle cotusb, Deysha, and my dealer all gave dates consistent with each other, but my dealer insisted there would be additional trucking time after the "delivery date" specified by cotusb and Deysha. The time spent at zero days was consistent with the trucking time the dealer mentioned. During this time, Deysha gave me an update that the car was waiting for a truck. The actual transit time on the truck seemed to be very fast, but it did seem like the trucking part was kind of the weak point in communication.

quite possibly, yes. Knowing the car is less than an hour away from me, is the aggravating part when the "delivery date" has been pushed back till this Friday.

I'm hoping that Deysha can provide me with an update

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread