GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/06, 09:53 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,790 Posts
Great idea, Karman and I couldn't agree more..
Old 8/16/06, 10:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see pricing anywhere on the Granatelli site, am I missing it somewhere? Afte reading through ALL of this thread it sounds like a pretty good setup. Two people seem to have personal issues with Mr. Granatelli, but I didn't see either of them offering any solid evidence that refutes what Mr. G has posted here. It all came off sounding like personal attacks/ flaming. Sure he could be intentionally attempting to fluff his numbers, but he has apparently gone out of his way to have impartial people present to witness the testing. He has also encouraged customers to post here rather than insisting that we take his word for it. Anyway, I'm curious to see some pricing on the various intake options as well as the TB spacer. Any links?
Old 8/16/06, 10:13 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
m05fastbackGT, you must've just skimmed my posting. I DO NOT own the GMS product, and at the moment, my '07 is STOCK. I DO OWN the C&L Street Intake and Diablo Sport Tuner, with a new tune file from C&L, but cannot upload it to my car because the Predator doesn't recognize my CAL-ID yet. I'm waiting for them to create a new revision for the U7140 Predator so I can re-flash my system. I spoke to Diablo's tech support a couple weeks ago, and they are supposed to have them out soon.

Sure, I plan on taking my car to a Dyno shop, and if I can, I want to do upgrades in multiple stages, including a base run, but right now, the only mod on my car is Flowmasters. Probably not going to show too much there.

If I have the time and money to do it, I am seriously considering the GMS intake system, and throttle body, and maybe even the exhaust, and their COP (Coil-on-plug) setup. So if I get all that, I'll try to schedule it with the dyno shop so I can do all this the same day and get a pull or two between each change. That's a good amount of money, and I am not saying I'm going to do all of it, but I would like to see how they all change the power output, either positively, negatively, or not at all. And even though JR offered me a job last week ( ) I don't work for him, have never met him, and don't currently own any GMS products. If I do any or all of this, I will report everything as it happens, with pics and or videos. I'm going out of town for a couple of weeks, so don't look for anything any time soon, and by then perhaps other people will have purchased and posted their own impressions, dyno results, etc.
Old 8/16/06, 10:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Ok fine Jay, then how about HarleyBill, 05GTRedfire, yourself and others who now have JR's product, consider having your Stangs dyno tested by local tuners who are in each of your area's, that are considered third parties and that should settle this issue, once and for all ?? Would any of you, agree to this ?? I mean, you should at least be a little curious right ??? I sure know, I'd be.. Sorry, I forgot to mention earlier that it would also be in your best interests, if you also have your A/F ratio's checked, as well..
LOL, ok, so you want me, to go pay someone to do something that JR has done and posted himself numerous times. And I would do this why? So that you and the other people can then say that I must've forged or somehow doctored the results, and you still wouldn't believe it anyways. The thing is, some people are going to continue to believe what they want ragardless of what anyone posts. If people want to continue to be intentionally ignorant, then too bad so sad. I will say it one more time, for those of you in the market for a CAI. The GMS CAI w/calibrated MAS is as good if not better than any other CAI out there right now. And you don't need to alter the factory computer settings. Stop the madness.
Old 8/17/06, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by 05GTRedfire
LOL, ok, so you want me, to go pay someone to do something that JR has done and posted himself numerous times. And I would do this why? So that you and the other people can then say that I must've forged or somehow doctored the results, and you still wouldn't believe it anyways. The thing is, some people are going to continue to believe what they want ragardless of what anyone posts. If people want to continue to be intentionally ignorant, then too bad so sad. I will say it one more time, for those of you in the market for a CAI. The GMS CAI w/calibrated MAS is as good if not better than any other CAI out there right now. And you don't need to alter the factory computer settings. Stop the madness.
Why would you do this ?? for your own piece of mind, that's why..And as for me and all the other people are concerned..I never said a **** word about anyone forging anything, otherwise why in the hell would I even suggest getting dyno tested for, in the first place ?? perhaps you should go back to the beginning of this thread and read some of my earlier posts about JR's product before you compare me with those other people, that your referring to..and just who in the hell gave you the right to judge me ?? First off, you don't know me from a hole in the wall and second I knew about JR's product over a year ago before any of you were even aware that it exsisted and finally, I never disrespected JR or had anything bad to say about his product nor about him as a person...Therefore, if anyone should stop the madness here, maybe you should take a good look at yourself, before you pass judgement towards someone you know absolutely nothing about and btw I'm not looking for a CAI kit, if you take the time to read my sig. you'll see that I already have a cold air kit, in which I'm very happy with..Have a nice day
Old 8/17/06, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by jayguy
m05fastbackGT, you must've just skimmed my posting. I DO NOT own the GMS product, and at the moment, my '07 is STOCK. I DO OWN the C&L Street Intake and Diablo Sport Tuner, with a new tune file from C&L, but cannot upload it to my car because the Predator doesn't recognize my CAL-ID yet. I'm waiting for them to create a new revision for the U7140 Predator so I can re-flash my system. I spoke to Diablo's tech support a couple weeks ago, and they are supposed to have them out soon.

Sure, I plan on taking my car to a Dyno shop, and if I can, I want to do upgrades in multiple stages, including a base run, but right now, the only mod on my car is Flowmasters. Probably not going to show too much there.

If I have the time and money to do it, I am seriously considering the GMS intake system, and throttle body, and maybe even the exhaust, and their COP (Coil-on-plug) setup. So if I get all that, I'll try to schedule it with the dyno shop so I can do all this the same day and get a pull or two between each change. That's a good amount of money, and I am not saying I'm going to do all of it, but I would like to see how they all change the power output, either positively, negatively, or not at all. And even though JR offered me a job last week ( ) I don't work for him, have never met him, and don't currently own any GMS products. If I do any or all of this, I will report everything as it happens, with pics and or videos. I'm going out of town for a couple of weeks, so don't look for anything any time soon, and by then perhaps other people will have purchased and posted their own impressions, dyno results, etc.
I apologize for the misunderstanding Jay..Guess that's what I get for making an incorrect assumption
Old 8/17/06, 08:27 AM
Former Vendor

I have a C&L Street intake and Diablo Predator tuner in my garage. There's no way yet to upload the Diablo tune to the '07 (they don't have all the CAL-ID's in their latest revision), or it would already be installed on my car, but I ran 12,000 miles with it on my '05 and loved every second of it. If I could put just the intake on and go, I would, but since the C&L requires that tuner, I'm still running stock. If I had the GMS CAI, it'd already be installed and running, no waiting for the updates.
I can help you with this - We have a device that will plug inline with your C&L so that it will work and make power without a reflash or tuner. Atleast that way you can drive around town with the benifit of the cold air until Diablo can figure out all the 07 stuff
Old 8/17/06, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor

I'm well aware of how your product is calibrated or tuned for your intake tube through your MAF electronics, that wasn't the point I was trying to get across..my point was this, your product provides additional HP and Torque gains because of it's ablility to read larger amounts of airflow and again, I fully understand this.. However, when in comparison to a flash tuner is concerned ? not only does a flash tuner have the ability to read and allow for larger amounts of airflow, but in addition only a flash tuner has the ability to modify spark and fuel tables, increase throttle and torque response at both part and full throttle, remove both speed and rev limits, change fuel injector sizes, not to mention the ability to not only adjust for wide open throttle, but through the entire RPM band, at part throttle as well..Hell you can't even change tire sizes, without a tuner..Therefore, how can you even claim your product has the ability to make the same power, as a tuner ?? There is just no way that any CAI by itself, can provide the same power and abilities that only a tuner is capable of..And I don't mean to sound as though I'm being disrespectful or anything, but Ski, Don and Cleveland do bring up some very good points and that's just something, I canno't ignore...
Let me try to address this line by line. I think you have a grasp of how our product works but NOT Fully as you read on you will see why

I'm well aware of how your product is calibrated or tuned for your intake tube through your MAF electronics, that wasn't the point I was trying to get across..my point was this, your product provides additional HP and Torque gains because of it's ablility to read larger amounts of airflow and again, I fully understand this..
I think you have a grasp of how our product works but NOT Fully as you read on you will see why. However, when in comparison to a flash tuner is concerned ? not only does a flash tuner have the ability to read and allow for larger amounts of airflow, but in addition only a flash tuner has the ability to modify spark and fuel tables, increase throttle and torque response at both part and full throttle, remove both speed and rev limits, change fuel injector sizes, not to mention the ability to not only adjust for wide open throttle, but through the entire RPM band, at part throttle as well..
The Mass Airflow Sensor electronics we supply in our kits do read proper airflow at all times and therefore they do adjust injector timing at all throttle angles - Idle, full throttle and part throttle. As for spark tables, while a flash tool has the ability to make these changes more finitely, our calibrated MAF parts tell the ECM to true airflow which in turn changes the load tables and has the load tables change the timing changes as well. Again our customers that witnessed their dyno tests will confirm we monitored and data logged timing on all dyno runs and have the ability to alter the load tables - ONCE AGAIN not like a flash tool can but we do make changes - I only give this information now because you guys are beginning to get more educated based on read the other guys posts. (Like telling you all you know not all I know) There is more here then meets the eye boys and girls. I flash tool does not increase throttle response "per say" the changes that are made by the flash tool result in better throttle response. - You got me on the rev limiter and gear changes but again neither of those makes more HP.
Therefore, how can you even claim your product has the ability to make the same power, as a tuner ??
I never said "it could" I said what our product did.
I'm being disrespectful or anything, but Ski, Don and Cleveland do bring up some very good points and that's just something, I canno't ignore...
I think what even here is asking is what is there point? None of them have my product, none have seen my product in person, Don has a screw blower on his car and admitted to blowing up his motor so that can't relate to a cold Air Inttake on a stock engine - Or did I miss something?

Our product has been speaking for itself
Old 8/17/06, 08:53 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
I don't see pricing anywhere on the Granatelli site, am I missing it somewhere? Afte reading through ALL of this thread it sounds like a pretty good setup. Two people seem to have personal issues with Mr. Granatelli, but I didn't see either of them offering any solid evidence that refutes what Mr. G has posted here. It all came off sounding like personal attacks/ flaming. Sure he could be intentionally attempting to fluff his numbers, but he has apparently gone out of his way to have impartial people present to witness the testing. He has also encouraged customers to post here rather than insisting that we take his word for it. Anyway, I'm curious to see some pricing on the various intake options as well as the TB spacer. Any links?
We don't sell a t-body spacer - we sell the entire t-body

It is hard to fluff numbers when the customer is standing 5 feet from the dyno screen and I never touch the controls once we push start.
Old 8/17/06, 08:55 AM
Former Vendor

Job offer still stands
Old 8/17/06, 09:00 AM
Former Vendor

Why would you do this ?? for your own piece of mind, that's why..And as for me and all the other people are concerned..I never said a **** word about anyone forging anything, otherwise why in the hell would I even suggest getting dyno tested for, in the first place ?? perhaps you should go back to the beginning of this thread and read some of my earlier posts about JR's product before you compare me with those other people, that your referring to..and just who in the hell gave you the right to judge me ?? First off, you don't know me from a hole in the wall and second I knew about JR's product over a year ago before any of you were even aware that it exsisted and finally, I never disrespected JR or had anything bad to say about his product nor about him as a person...Therefore, if anyone should stop the madness here, maybe you should take a good look at yourself, before you pass judgement towards someone you know absolutely nothing about and btw I'm not looking for a CAI kit, if you take the time to read my sig. you'll see that I already have a cold air kit, in which I'm very happy with..Have a nice day
Let me jump in here - I appreciate all the support so let me start there. There will always be the ney sayers I can't stop that. I will tell you this though - If you read this months 5.0 magazine - there is an article on our coils. You will note that the same day they dyno'd at our facility the ran straigth over to a competing dyno shop 40 miles away to check our numbers and they were spot on ( thank you very much). That should dispell any other questions
Old 8/17/06, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

After looking over the latest dyno results, I'm now somewhat confused..If I'm not mistaken, the original results were 23.7 additional HP. and an additional 9ft.lbs Torque.. Now all of a sudden those numbers have increased to 28.2 additional HP. and 24.1 lbs. Torque.. Therefore let me get this straight..Are you trying to claim that just you're CAI/MAS w/no tune provide the very same HP and Torque increases, as a cold air kit with a re-flash ?? Because if you are..I find that very difficult to accept..
How many different dyno results has JR posted, all of them posting right around the same numbers. He was not claiming these results, he was posting them as he was getting them done. He explained in great detail about how the CAI works with his calibrated MAS. So, you didn't have a problem with the dyno numbers as long as they were lower than what, your existing CAI? But as soon as he starts posting higher numbers then it automatically turns into BS? Also, to get it dynod for my own piece of mind? Hardly. My mind is quite at ease thank you. I'm not sure about your mustang but mine came with a nifty little computer that tells me when something's wrong. You want us to post dynos, and again I ask you why? You don't believe JR's numbers? So you've never disrespected JR or had anything bad to say about him, you just think he's a liar. Well my apologies for considering you to be one of "those other people", but if you're not in the market for a CAI, and you're totally happy with yours, and you've never actually used or tested the GMS CAI, then why do you dispute their claims? I do own the GMS CAI, and so I know it works. Do I believe that the CAI is making about what JR has been posting, yes definitely.
Old 8/17/06, 10:10 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
However, our electronics are properly scaled to output the proper data relative to the airflowing through it - it does not alter the timing or load tables as it relates to timing
our calibrated MAF parts tell the ECM to true airflow which in turn changes the load tables and has the load tables change the timing changes as well.
Once again, which claim is the truth?
Old 8/17/06, 10:16 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AFChief
Been following all the GMS discussion with interest.

Ski, looking at your other posts is telling of your MO. Are you a CAI expert and or a player in the biz?
No and/or no.
Old 8/17/06, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think by now we are all in the realization that the GMS products do what they say they do. We have seen enough Dyno runs and have some personal testimonies as to their form and function. We have had allegations that have never been substantiated with anything and that does little for the character of those posting the comments. I am on TMS to read about and see what results people are getting from the equipment they buy. Unless personal info about a vendor such as: (they are in bankrupcy, they cheated me, they lied to me, they have lousy service, I waited a month and it still hasn't arrived) comes out, I don't really care if somebody doesn't like somebody at the personal level but if you have proof of something that is beneficial to the buyer that effects the product or service, then post it. If you don't have the equipment, how can you even comment? I would never comment on the bamachips setup cuz I don't know a thing about it. Would I buy it, yep, cuz people are real happy with it and have given it a thumbs up. The same considerations should be used in this post and that's what I hope to see from now on, insight, knowledge and some good old tech. I hope more of the people that purchased this product join in with their results and then one way or the other, each of us can make up our minds.
Old 8/17/06, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ski
Even though this is bits and pieces of different conversations and we don't have the complete detail of the discussion, this is a legitimiate question and does deserve a response that I would like to hear.
Old 8/17/06, 10:26 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by harleybill
You ought to get out more with people that have real muscle cars. Then maybe you would hear more... : )
I've been involved with muscle cars since 1968 when I bought a Roadrunner, and I've talked with numerous muscle car owners who said they had noticed a zero SOTP hp increase after installing various aftermarket products with manufacturers' claims of an added 6-10 hp, e.g., TB's, TB spacers, etc.
Old 8/17/06, 10:31 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Our sensors are OE and therefore DO NOT void the warranty. Our CAI are sold by several Ford Dealerships as a nice add on to the S197.
JR,
Please provide the names and phone numbers of these dealerships. Thanks.
Old 8/17/06, 10:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ski
I've been involved with muscle cars since 1968 when I bought a Roadrunner, and I've talked with numerous muscle car owners who said they had noticed a zero SOTP hp increase after installing various aftermarket products with manufacturers' claims of an added 6-10 hp, e.g., TB's, TB spacers, etc.
Roadrunner? MOPAR??? That explains a lot (no, just kidding, I wish I had an old RR)...No, I agree that there are some products that don't give you what they claim, but I do think that if your only talking a minimal 5-8 HP (which is about what they said it would give taking out that cone in the intake), then each car might respond differently. Most (hopefully) will get that but there are others that may not. Again, depends on the car. When I took the cone out I didn't really feel anything. WHen I did add the T-body, I felt more power. When I added the cai/mas it was Much more power, again by the seat of your pants...Remember, the mas is almost like a mini tuner, it does make alterations that allow the more air to be accepted. it just doesn't do everything that the full blown tuner will. The thing is "do you need it"? Maybe eventually but not everybody needs it to start with. That is the only thing that everybody is trying to find out and display. We have seen the graphs of dyno shots and gotten personal info if not dynos from those that have bought it. It's a recommendable product. In the end, that's all anybody should hope for. We shouldn't quibble about what she/he said, it's just the results that count and that's where we should keep the posts to, at least in my opinion.
Old 8/17/06, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ski
I agree with SKI - He has me on this but again like I said I have been holding out on all of the technology for fear that the competition will figure it out. I just don't see why I should do it all for them.

05GTRedfire claims he knows fully how my stuff works but he really does not. You guys go out and buy flashtools but you don;t know exactly what they are changing if you did then anyone could just mimic the same tune. That is how Superchips, Hypertech and DiabloSport ended up in a lawsuit. Hypertech sued Superchips and claimed Superchips hired their staff and copied thier parts. Then the superchips guy left to go to DiabloSport so Superchips sued DiabloSport. It is never ending.

I am trying to avoid all this. I never lied to anyone. I made it clear that our parts worked spot on and I also said you could make more power with flashtool but you don;t need it to make the power - the flashtool is great for the wheel and tire stuff - or if you have an auto trans blah blah

Quick Reply: Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???