GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???

Search this Thread

Old 8/3/06, 06:13 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JR, if you can, please just answer the following. Hopefully this will answer everybody's questions?

1. How much HP can be expected with just a CAI? - Trick question because our standard intake includes the calibrated MAF sensor. So same answer 23hp and 9ft/lbs is what we did last week. If you install you factory sensor and try to use a flash tool then I guess I would need to dyno test each guys tune. Diablo and SCT offer tunes for several different cold air intakes but when you look at the calibrations they all look very very similar – I know I wrote very twice…

2. How much HP can be expected with a CAI & your MAS. – 23hp and 9ft/lbs

3. How much HP can be expected with a t-body? 11? - T body alone and no other changes was 8hp as tested in Super Ford about a year ago.

4. How much HP can be expected with the above 2 and the T-Body? 20, 30, 40, more? – Today we tested a 05 Mustang stock. Then we installed the Granatelli 2.5 Exhaust, T-body and cold air intake with our calibrated MAF – it made 48.3hp and 32.2 ft/lbs

4. With the above, will the addition of a tuner do a little, a lot or not worth the money. Any HP gains or expectations? Expand on this? A flash tool will always help. Like Fuego. The flash tool will allow you to optimize the spark and load tables as well as turn stuff on and off at different times. If you have an auto trans it allows for shift rpm and firmness changes as well. Our CIA will work with a flash tool No Problem. If the flash tool asks about cold air intakes just say stock. Otherwise it tries to add for the CIA when we have already addressed it in the calibrated electronic package

5. Is the model of the exhaust your selling (2 1/2" a Cat-back as in the catalog or something different. Cat part is GM-ES0525 -polished mufflers and tips. (+ 15 HP) I don’t want to get pigeon holed into a specific number on just exhaust. Quite honestly even car will react differently and if you have intake changes then the exhaust helps more then if you had stock everything and just added mufflers. Bottom line our system will make as much power as any other 2.5 on the same car and will not drone

6. How much HP can be expected with mas/cai/t-body and exhaust? What is the HP diff between the 2 1/2" and 3" exhausts? Today we tested a 05 Mustang stock. Then we installed the Granatelli 2.5 Exhaust, T-body and cold air intake with our calibrated MAF – it made 48.3hp and 32.2 ft/lbs. Our 3” system drops the cats so when factoring that in you should pick up another 6 or 7 over the 2.5. However we have several shops that report a 25 to 35hp increase over stock just by adding our 3” system to a car that has a blower. This just goes to show that the stock system is barley good enough for the stock unmodified engine but when adding forced induction or anything else that should step up the power like 100hp the factory stuff is a major hold back

7. Any dyno's of the combinations (yours, independent, who the heck cares?)[/quote] – Yes – I am trying to get them up as we speak
Old 8/3/06, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GTJeff
How much is part # 410040-P1?
How and where do I purchase it?
You can purchase from any GMS dealer on this site or call us direct. 410040-P1 is polished with no electronics - $250.00
Old 8/3/06, 06:20 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GTRacerX
Questions:
1. Do you have any reviews on your product comparing it to other CAI like
C&L etc ....
2. Also can I use it with a tuner like Predator or SCT? Yes or No
Possitive Comment on your product: I like the fact it has openings
for NOS and comes polished.

3. Real world reviews from people that have used your CAI and have done
before and after dyno runs. - In any magazine like: MM&FF, 5.0 Mustang
etc... Or people that have purchase your product and have been
satisfied with the performance gains - and what kind of Power was
achieved. - from any Mustang Forum.
I have no review where we are compared to C&L. I can tell you that we have dyno'd against a C&L here and we made 9hp more. There A/F as the car was delivered to me with a Predator tune is 12.9 to 1 at WOT. Our system runs 12.4
Old 8/3/06, 06:23 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GTJeff
Just received an email back from Doug @ Bamachips.

No, he does not have a tune for this system
or any experience with it...
Like it says above - the tunes are extremely close to the other tunes for other CAI's
Old 8/3/06, 06:28 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by shatter
That's pretty funny and hard for me to believe. What makes you think Granatelli sent one in for the test? The article said that some CAI manufacturers declined to submit a unit to be tested. Granatelli may have declined the offer. As I am sure the magazine would have let them resubmit had they not received the CAI as agreed but perhaps I am wrong in that assumption.

Granatelli DID NOT decline to submit. We wish we could have been there

Those mag reviews are paid advertisements that Granatelli placed in the magazines. Read the prior posts on Granatelli's responses on who did the actual tests etc earlier in this thread.

The reviews in Mustang Life and the various Mustang websites are not paid for - We merely took the review from one editor and placed it in another magazine. We also wrote paid on top so that John Delany the writer would not try to sue for copywrite issues

I agree that we should give these products a fair shake but don't wave them around as the holy grail if you have not used them. Let's all agree to be as unbiased and honest in our claims and assessments of products and everyone will benefit.

Thanks
My comments are above
Old 8/3/06, 06:30 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 05GTRedfire
I just got off the phone with Brent at Brenspeed and he said the same thing, no, he does not actually have a "canned" tune with the Granatelli CAI, without the calibrated MAF. However, he said he would be more than willing to make one up. He has a couple of test cars that he can add basically any CAI to and put it on the dyno and adjust for optimum performance, so all it would take would be for someone to send him one, he could run the tests and gather the data, and then he would send the CAI back.
I will send him one - if he says he will send it back - or perhaps he can sell it to a local customer
Old 8/3/06, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by blaster
I wonder how a tune *with* the calibrated MA sensor in place would do. Might be even better and easier to tune?
You can do this as well. Like I said above just don;t tell the flash tool you have a Cold Air on it. I am happy to send a calibration module with the CIA when it is tested
Old 8/3/06, 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I've seen the dyno charts, and I for one was impressed. I look forward to having them posted for others to see. I think harleybill's question #5 was just asking if the exhaust kit you are selling, is a full cat back exhaust system, meaning, from the catalytic converters back, including new pipes. I am really stoked with the numbers you reached, and I hope it will at least make some people a bit more civil around here. Ultimately though, they will still want real world accounts, and as I said earlier, that will begin happening very soon. Grats JR
Old 8/3/06, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
I will send him one - if he says he will send it back - or perhaps he can sell it to a local customer
Well that is what he said, that he could send it back after he's tested and developed his tunes for/with it. Maybe you should give him a call?
Old 8/3/06, 06:48 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 05GTRedfire
Well I've seen the dyno charts, and I for one was impressed. I look forward to having them posted for others to see. I think harleybill's question #5 was just asking if the exhaust kit you are selling, is a full cat back exhaust system, meaning, from the catalytic converters back, including new pipes. I am really stoked with the numbers you reached, and I hope it will at least make some people a bit more civil around here. Ultimately though, they will still want real world accounts, and as I said earlier, that will begin happening very soon. Grats JR
This car was video'd during the entire dyno session and the customer witnessed the entire thing - he is not a member here but I am sure I can get him to come here and give his own opinion
Old 8/3/06, 06:57 PM
Former Vendor

new photos of exhaust

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...ackexhaust.htm

Old 8/3/06, 07:01 PM
Cobra Member

I am answering so many questions I am getting confused myself. I thought you were referring to the 3.9 Lincoln.

The 40hp was dyno'd with several witnesses. it is not a fluke. Tons of guys have made 25hp with a cold air by itself and the t-body has dyno in several differnt states at 10hp - that is like 35hp so why would you question ours making 40. Our car did have a 3" exhuast on it but it was dyno before and after and both times the 3" exh was on so that shuld not change the figures

To all the people that don't believe the numbers . Look at it like this. We are selling you the best looking Cold Air Intake on the market for the best price you cna find anywhere. If you don't think our calibrated electronics work then you are basically saying the Hitachi, the same company that builds all the MAFs in every 99 to 2007 Ford, does not know what they are doing. In that case just buy the Cold air without our electronics and do it the old way - transfer your electonics and use a flash tool - trust me I am not offerened at all.

we are shipping kits every day so I imagine in the next week someone will come here and give it the thumbs up or down.
yup, sell that product using JR "logic"

Still no results for just the "CAI" on a 2 1/2" exhaust system... Stop selling your inflated numbers that involve other modified parts, take care of the one part and perhaps people will stop asking you questions.

-Dan
Old 8/3/06, 07:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I think that looks friggin sweet myself.
Old 8/3/06, 07:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Cleveland

Still no results for just the "CAI" on a 2 1/2" exhaust system... Stop selling your inflated numbers that involve other modified parts, take care of the one part and perhaps people will stop asking you questions.

-Dan
You sir, are not only an ***, but a clueless one
Old 8/3/06, 07:25 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cleveland

-Dan
News Flash
GMS does not have 10 or 20 S197's just laying around. We test what we can when we can. The customer that came today wanted the package and that is what he got. I could not hold him up all day while I did each install seperately and then stopped to dyno. Then wait an hour for it to cool down and start the next step. I have a virgin 06 coming in next week and I will do just the CAI
Old 8/3/06, 07:39 PM
Former Vendor

How many of you purchased your GMS parts for an 07 Mustang?
Old 8/3/06, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Last Few Questions .....

1. Do you offer a refund with no restocking fee if am not satisfied with your
product?
* I would probably have dyno run before and after and will post here for you.
2. Can I get it without the Granatelli badge on the CAI?
3. Does the NOS version come with plugs (until I get my NOS I won't have a
need for it)?
Old 8/3/06, 07:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Get a CAI and Tuner for $500 because it does much more than just adjust for your CAI. You can add or subtract spark advance, change your gear ratios for accurate speedometer readings, move or eliminate your rev limiter, modify the temperature your fans kick in, and more. If you buy the $360 false promise snorkel tube then what are you going to do when other things change?
Old 8/3/06, 09:14 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GTRacerX
1. Do you offer a refund with no restocking fee if am not satisfied with your
product?
* I would probably have dyno run before and after and will post here for you.
2. Can I get it without the Granatelli badge on the CAI?
3. Does the NOS version come with plugs (until I get my NOS I won't have a
need for it)?
Yes - if you return it the same way you got it - I will refund YOUR money if you don't get a power increase.

You can remove the GMS badge

The kits do not come with holes for nitrous - you drill them yourself so no problem. We do offer a labor fee to do the drill and tap for NO2
Old 8/3/06, 09:15 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by shaun_beauchamp
Get a CAI and Tuner for $500 because it does much more than just adjust for your CAI. You can add or subtract spark advance, change your gear ratios for accurate speedometer readings, move or eliminate your rev limiter, modify the temperature your fans kick in, and more. If you buy the $360 false promise snorkel tube then what are you going to do when other things change?
No question the flash tool gives you all those options. Do not under estimate our parts

Quick Reply: Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???