Old 8/9/06, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted in the other CAI post as to my opinion

see video http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/video13.htm
Old 8/9/06, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

OK, thanks for the reviews - I'm sold. Placing order soon.
Old 8/9/06, 10:20 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,790 Posts
I just looked at Joe's dyno results and although I believe the 23.7 HP. gain for just his CAI is the real deal..Let's not forget these increases are at Wide Open Throttle (only)..Therefore there is still an advantage of a CAI/Tuner combo..And here's why ?? Only a flash tuner can adjust for both part and full throttle through out the entire power band curve..Such as removing the speed and rev limiters..In other words if your also looking for both low and midrange torque increases, only a tuner can modify such parameters..On the other hand if your looking for a CAI that doesn't require computer re-flashing.. Then the Granatelli system is the best bang for the buck, hands down..
Old 8/10/06, 07:31 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by harleybill
I am obviously not JR but I think even I can answer this to some extent just from what I was reading in his answers. Your correct in that he says he got 23HP and 9ft.lbs with the CAI & Calibrated MAS WITHOUT the t-body. Now, you add the T-body (another 8 HP and maybe more since it has the other combo) and your up to 31 hp. Add the exhaust (rated at 15 on a STOCK unit) and you have about 46 HP (48.3 to quote the dyno). I don't see any problem with how things add up? Remember, each piece adds a little more to the mix and all 4 items are up in the high 40 hp range...DANG GOOD if you ask me (and not exagerated).
Huh???
I'm correct???
I'm the one asking the questions. How can I be correct?
Please see my latest post in the other Granatelli string for hopefully some direct answers by Granatelli to this mystery.
Old 8/10/06, 07:35 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
I posted in the other CAI post as to my opinion

see video http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/video13.htm
We do not need opinions. They're like a..holes, everyone has one.
We need factual answers that address the issues.
My response to Granatelli's post is in the other string.
Old 8/10/06, 07:38 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I just looked at Joe's dyno results, and although I believe the 23.9 HP. gain for just his CAI, is the real deal..Let's not forget, these increases are at Wide Open Throttle, (only)..Therefore, there is still an advantage of a CAI/Tuner combo..And here's why ?? Only a flash tuner, can adjust for both part and full throttle, through out the entire power band curve..Such as removing the speed and rev limiters..In other words, if your also looking for both low and midrange torque increases, only a tuner can modify such parameters..On the other hand, if your looking for a CAI, that doesn't require computer re-flashing.. Then, the Granatelli system is the best bang, for the buck kit, hands down..
Why do you believe that just the CAI/MAF can generate an extra 23.7 hp without the throttle body when Granatelli distinctively stated that the CAI/MAF/TB was installed when the dyno run was made?
Old 8/10/06, 12:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ski
We do not need opinions. They're like a..holes, everyone has one.
We need factual answers that address the issues.
My response to Granatelli's post is in the other string.
We don't need anymore a..holes either. Have you tried the GMS t-body? Have you tried the GMS CAI? Have you tried the GMS exhaust? I'd be willing to bet no, and yet trolls like you continually seek attention.
Old 8/10/06, 01:20 PM
Bullitt Member

They say pictures are worth a thousand words. Let's just say here is another satisfied customer. I would've had these up last night, but 3 different walgreen's and all of them had broken photo thingies. So anyways,
Attached Thumbnails Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-p8200249_0140.jpg   Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-p8200259_0150.jpg   Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-p8200260_0151.jpg   Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-p8200261_0152.jpg  
Old 8/10/06, 01:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 05GTRedfire
They say pictures are worth a thousand words. Let's just say here is another satisfied customer. I would've had these up last night, but 3 different walgreen's and all of them had broken photo thingies. So anyways,
That anodized color looks sweet. I would have liked to have done that as well but it wasn't an option when I ordered it. So what is your opinion on the SOUND and POWER feeling.... I know I could feel the difference but I am curious as to others findings.
Old 8/10/06, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm scared of the way it sounds now, it gives me nightmares
It feels like a different animal now, throttle response has improved big time, horsepower gains are not only noticeable, but in your face noticeable. I'm glad I waited. The anodized wasn't really advertised as an option, but when I saw your install, and saw the pics of other products that GMS had anodized, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. It just turned out to be almost a perfect match for my color though. I think it looks frigging awesome, and then combined with the HP gains, mmmmm tasty.
Old 8/10/06, 02:07 PM
ski
Bullitt Member

We don't need anymore a..holes either. Have you tried the GMS t-body? Have you tried the GMS CAI? Have you tried the GMS exhaust? I'd be willing to bet no, and yet trolls like you continually seek attention.
Try to be civil, and not sophomoric by calling other people names.
I have not used any of the GMS products. However, I am attempting to get some straight answers from Granatelli on his ambiguous and outlandish claims in order to benefit all of those who have or may have questions regarding his products. And if you want to call that trolling, then I cannot prevent you from being incorrect.
Also, you now use his products. There's the perfect chance for you to do some 'before and after' dyno runs and 1/4 mile e.t.'s to confirm Granatelli's claims. 'Git 'Er Done!'
Old 8/10/06, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ski
Try to be civil, and not sophomoric by calling other people names.
I have not used any of the GMS products. However, I am attempting to get some straight answers from Granatelli on his ambiguous and outlandish claims in order to benefit all of those who have or may have questions regarding his products. And if you want to call that trolling, then I cannot prevent you from being incorrect.
And since you've taken it upon yourself to be the expert with regards to products you've never used or tested, does this mean you're going to be trolling, excuse me, researching, every manufacturer's claim of horsepower benefits as well? Cuz there are a lot of other systems that have been out a lot longer than the GMS one, so maybe you should start with one of those.
Old 8/10/06, 02:53 PM
ski
Bullitt Member

And since you've taken it upon yourself to be the expert with regards to products you've never used or tested, does this mean you're going to be trolling, excuse me, researching, every manufacturer's claim of horsepower benefits as well? Cuz there are a lot of other systems that have been out a lot longer than the GMS one, so maybe you should start with one of those.
Nope, just the ones who make ambigious and outlandish claims regarding their products.
Old 8/10/06, 02:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ski
Nope, just the ones who make ambigious and outlandish claims regarding their products.
That you verified how?
Old 8/10/06, 03:19 PM
ski
Bullitt Member

That you verified how?
Just go back, and read my posts in this string.
Old 8/10/06, 03:20 PM
Bullitt Member

RedFire Congrats on the new addition. I am 90% sure I will be ordering the combo shortly as well. Although it is a great bargain for the money it is still more than I had intended to spend right now for mods. I may just do CAI and TB now, mufflers later... But the 17 year old inside of me isn't giving up.

The adonized RED looks amazing. I was thinking about RED as well, my Stang is Performance White vert with ICAP so the RED would look great but again $$$ issues.

How was the install and can you be a little more descriptive in the difference in how the car feels? I personally will never Dyno my car so I don't really care about the actual HP #'s I'm more concerned with seat of the pants feel and sound. After having them on what do you think? How about you Harley?

Ski I think the tone of the responses to your posts are due to the nasty accusatory nature of your posts. Theres not enough space here to print all the truly ridiculous performance claims many manufacturers have advertised for Mustangs. JR has been the only one to come on line and answer any question we put to him. Plus from what I recall no TMS member who has purchased a GMS product has had a problem that wasn't satisfactorily addressed by JR. You certainly have a right to be critical but there is really no reason to attack a guy who is simply trying to sell his product to interested customers. In short I think your posts could be done in a more polite and gentleman like manner.
Old 8/10/06, 03:40 PM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by NDHESQ
Ski I think the tone of the responses to your posts are due to the nasty accusatory nature of your posts. Theres not enough space here to print all the truly ridiculous performance claims many manufacturers have advertised for Mustangs. JR has been the only one to come on line and answer any question we put to him. Plus from what I recall no TMS member who has purchased a GMS product has had a problem that wasn't satisfactorily addressed by JR. You certainly have a right to be critical but there is really no reason to attack a guy who is simply trying to sell his product to interested customers. In short I think your posts could be done in a more polite and gentleman like manner.
I tend to be unpolite when it appears that a supplier is trying to sell his product(s) with claims that do not seem realistic, and also when he changes his claims from one post to another.
However, if Granatelli can supply some straight and factual answers to my questions, then I'll retract my fangs.
Old 8/10/06, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by ski
Why do you believe that just the CAI/MAF can generate an extra 23.7 hp without the throttle body when Granatelli distinctively stated that the CAI/MAF/TB was installed when the dyno run was made?
Why do I believe it ?? Because it makes sense.. In fact if you look back at the 5.0 shootout..The Anderson Ford Motorsport CAI also w/no re-flash, got 19 additional HP. and that system was with a PMAS 80mm. Pro M meter..The Granatelli kit, on the other hand has a 90mm. intake tube w/stock re-calibrated MAF sensor and the way I see it..The Granatelli kit, is based upon almost the same principles as the Anderson kit.. Therefore, Granatelli's dyno results of 23 additional HP. sounds just about right to me..Also from what I understand Ski, The Granatelli TB. had an increase of 8 additional HP. So where does the TB tie in with the CAI results ??..Your going to have to show me where they both tie in together because I sure don't see it..
Old 8/10/06, 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by NDHESQ
RedFire Congrats on the new addition. I am 90% sure I will be ordering the combo shortly as well. Although it is a great bargain for the money it is still more than I had intended to spend right now for mods. I may just do CAI and TB now, mufflers later... But the 17 year old inside of me isn't giving up.

The adonized RED looks amazing. I was thinking about RED as well, my Stang is Performance White vert with ICAP so the RED would look great but again $$$ issues.

How was the install and can you be a little more descriptive in the difference in how the car feels? I personally will never Dyno my car so I don't really care about the actual HP #'s I'm more concerned with seat of the pants feel and sound. After having them on what do you think? How about you Harley?

Thanks, I'm totally happy with the way it turned out. The install itself was pretty easy actually. It was myself and a friend, just taking our time, bs'ing and hanging out. About the only thing someone might have problems with is the indexing of the t-body, course if you don't order one than you won't have any , but for me, we had adjusted the blades right, but somewhere along the line of installing the motor cover back on we messed up the alignment, so we had to do it again.

The CAI itself is very straight forward, take off old, put in new, very simple. If you read through harley's description of his install he pretty much covers everything, the T20 torx(have a spare), the 5/64 allen, and the supplied hose. Like you, I myself will probably never get my car dyno'd, but do I feel the difference? Hell yes. You can and will feel, and hear, a huge difference in how your car reacts when you put your foot on the gas. I didn't get the exhaust system, as I've already invested in the Corsa axle-backs, but I'll be ordering the pipes from the GMS cat-back soon.

If you're strapped for cash, just try the CAI first, and then see if you're happy. A big selling point for me was not having to mess with the stock computer. Everything I have installed, and will eventually install, I would be able to replace back with stock if I had to.

P.S. More pics
Attached Thumbnails Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-p8200250_0141.jpg   Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-p8200254_0145.jpg   Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-p8200256_0147.jpg   Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-p8200257_0148.jpg  
Old 8/10/06, 04:39 PM

Just a small bit of friendly advice guys..And I'm not suggesting that you all get dyno tested..However just to be on the safe side..I'd at least get my air/fuel checked for your own piece of mind..And Btw, congrats to all of you..In fact if the added benefits of a flash tuner, weren't important to me..I would have also chosen the Granatelli CAI, hands down with no doubt..

Quick Reply: Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???