GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???

Search this Thread

Old 9/9/06, 09:45 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
First time on the dyno ever tonight. Temp was 97 F so the run I'm sure could have produced better numbers in cooler weather, but for what it's worth here are my numbers with the Granatelli CAI w/MAF and FRPP Stingers:

281 rwhp / 297 rwtq

The guys at HPP Racing told me that a stock 06 GT Stick shift usually puts down around 260 rwhp, so to see a 21 hp jump with the CAI without tune makes me quite happy with my purchase. I will scan in the dyno sheet tomorrow and post it.

-danny
Nice numbers.
However, a few rwhp was gained from the FRPP stingers, so the 281 rwhp should be lowered by approx. 5 hp. to determine the net gain from the GMS CAI/MAF.
Also, if the rwhp was SAE adjusted, then your rwhp gain is about the same for a K&N CAI w/o a tune.
Old 9/9/06, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Danny,

Nice number, but next time try to do a baseline run first. Ideally you should have done a pull with the stock airbox in place, and then since it only takes about 10 minutes to swap out, put on the Granatelli CAI and make a pull. Then you will know for sure you much you netted with the CAI. But, sounds like your numbers are consistent with the 20-25RWHP that most seem to be getting with the Granatelli CAI. Thanks for sharing.
Old 9/9/06, 01:02 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,790 Posts
Nice numbers as well Danny, I also agree with both Ski and Buster do a baseline with the stock airbox and then another with JR's CAI so this way you'll have an exact comparison between you're stock numbers and then with JR's..I would also recommend you look into what the HP gain is for the Stingers as well..
Old 9/10/06, 06:20 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by msully
No, when we spoke last week you said you would drop one off at the house when they came back into stock. Let me know if that's not the case and I will call in the order. I was also looking for an exhaust, PH rod and brace and the LCA's for my 07. Thanks, I really appreciate it.
Mike - I have your parts and will drop them off on Monday - sorry for delay I have been getting home late at night and if the lights are not on or your garage door is not open I keep driven
Old 9/10/06, 06:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL. This Thread is HILARIOUS. 22 pages of sniveling . I know when I want to purchase something, I like to see the opinions of others who actually own it... 99% of the nan-sayers here don't! The ones who do, love it; including myself. 410040-P was my first mod and I have nothing but good "things" to report: Improved performance, including faster acceleration and better throttle response, not to mention, awesome sound and good looks. What do you want for $350.00? For the money, no one can touch the performance gains generated by this CAI. to JR and GMS.

P.S. JR, What's the ETA the Fuego?
Old 9/10/06, 08:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

PROOF...LOL. I've been meaning to add these...
Attached Thumbnails Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-gms-9-10-06.jpg   Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-cai-9-10-06.jpg   Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-wheel-9-10-06.jpg  
Old 9/10/06, 01:07 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
What kind of scoop is that. I likee
Old 9/10/06, 01:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's the factory one (in the GT appearence package) because he has the Pony engine cover too. His sig says GTAP = codespeak for GT appearence package.
Old 9/10/06, 05:06 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice, where could I get that!
Old 9/10/06, 06:53 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
First time on the dyno ever tonight. Temp was 97 F so the run I'm sure could have produced better numbers in cooler weather, but for what it's worth here are my numbers with the Granatelli CAI w/MAF and FRPP Stingers:

281 rwhp / 297 rwtq

The guys at HPP Racing told me that a stock 06 GT Stick shift usually puts down around 260 rwhp, so to see a 21 hp jump with the CAI without tune makes me quite happy with my purchase. I will scan in the dyno sheet tomorrow and post it.

-danny
Looking forward to the dyno sheet. Is it a Dynojet or a Mustang Dyno or something else ? Too bad you didn't get a baseline.
Old 9/10/06, 09:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Awesome, now just learn to spell delivered, and you will be cooking with gas

Edit: Duh, "we" should have been "with"
Old 9/10/06, 10:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
Awesome, now just learn to spell delivered, and you will be cooking we gas
Oooh, MSF got it all, and a spelling bee too... Thanks for the intel. By the way, what's "we gas"?
Old 9/11/06, 12:33 PM

Thanks Joey. I will be home tonight after 6:15 or so. If you see the Chevy Crew Cab in the driveway I am home. I can't wait to try the new parts out!

Originally Posted by Granatelli
Mike - I have your parts and will drop them off on Monday - sorry for delay I have been getting home late at night and if the lights are not on or your garage door is not open I keep driven
Old 9/19/06, 05:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My CAI and strut tower brace came in today! Everything looks good and nothing broken. Unfortunately my house must be the last stop for UPS since it is so late. I can't put it on until tomorrow because I gotta go to work in a little while.

JR- I sent you a PM.
Old 9/19/06, 11:29 PM
Cobra R Member

JR I just ordered the polished CAI with calibrated MAF. I see in different pictures posted here that the filter is black,red, etc. If possible can I get a red filter with this assy? Please let me know, whats available. Thanks
Old 9/20/06, 11:35 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I finally ordered my GMS Cold Air Intake with MAF. I got tired of waiting for DiabloSport to get support out for the '07 computers. I also ordered the plug connectors, we'll see how they work.

Anyone want to by a used C&L intake with Diablo Predator? Check this thread out.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...071#post744071
Old 9/20/06, 08:29 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sodaman
JR I just ordered the polished CAI with calibrated MAF. I see in different pictures posted here that the filter is black,red, etc. If possible can I get a red filter with this assy? Please let me know, whats available. Thanks
The filters are red with a black cap
Old 9/20/06, 09:33 PM
V6 Member

Received mine last Friday, had a bad meter so I called Morgan and Rene on Monday. I received a new meter the next day with return shipping label for the bad meter. Since it was the second time around it took less 10 minutes to install. I went for a spin.........no problems.

Thanks GMS!
Old 9/20/06, 10:05 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Flippn
Received mine last Friday, had a bad meter so I called Morgan and Rene on Monday. I received a new meter the next day with return shipping label for the bad meter. Since it was the second time around it took less 10 minutes to install. I went for a spin.........no problems.

Thanks GMS!
Not sure how we missed the first time - I guess we all make mistakes
Old 9/20/06, 10:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
Not sure how we missed the first time - I guess we all make mistakes
No worries, Jr I just wanted to share my experience. Things don't always go as planned, it only took one call and your team took car of the issue.

Quick Reply: Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???