GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/06, 10:25 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flippn
No worries, Jr I just wanted to share my experience. Things don't always go as planned, it only took one call and your team took car of the issue.
Old 9/20/06, 11:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
question

Received mine last Friday, had a bad meter so I called Morgan and Rene on Monday. I received a new meter the next day with return shipping label for the bad meter. Since it was the second time around it took less 10 minutes to install. I went for a spin.........no problems.

Thanks GMS!
If you dont mind me asking what was wrong with the first meter? were the electronics not working?
Old 9/21/06, 12:31 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by red06mustang
If you dont mind me asking what was wrong with the first meter? were the electronics not working?
After I installed the CAI I turned the engine on, after a few seconds the check engine light came on and soon after that the engine died. I removed the GMS CAI and re-installed the stock system. I don't know the specific problem with the Meter but I was sent a new one the very next day; I re-installed the GMS CAI and the car ran fine.
Old 9/21/06, 01:12 AM
Former Vendor

I guess we zigged when we should have zagged
Old 9/22/06, 12:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sodaman
JR I just ordered the polished CAI with calibrated MAF. I see in different pictures posted here that the filter is black,red, etc. If possible can I get a red filter with this assy? Please let me know, whats available. Thanks
This is what they look like. I am now an official GMS fanboy! Yippee!
Attached Thumbnails Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-new-cai.jpg  
Old 9/22/06, 07:30 AM
V6 Member

Illiterate mustang owner chiming in.. Will the CAI kit help with the way the engine RPM's tend to hang/are slow to drop between shifts ?

Thanks,
Troy
Old 9/22/06, 09:00 AM
Cobra R Member

Well!

Are you talking about the hesitation, if so these may help a little bit, but I believe you really need a tune to help with the throttle by wire issues people have talked about. Where there is lag time while trying to drop the hammer, LOL. Most have gone with tunes to fix this issue. Hope that helps.
Old 9/22/06, 09:32 AM
V6 Member

Update: I guess I didn't wait long enough for the motor to warm up. With the CAI installed and the engine warm the RPM is around 800. Same as when I had the stock intake system installed.

I noticed that my idle RPM picked up a bit. Before, with the engine cold my idle was at 1k and once warmed up it goes down to about 800, with the CAI installed I've been idling at about 1k with a warm engine.
Old 9/22/06, 09:38 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Sodaman's right, unfortunatley that's in the programming. Any of the programmers help get rid of that, but since this is a GMS thread, the Fuego is due out in about 6 weeks, according to JR.

My GMS intake should be here next week, hopefully in time to install it on the car before I park it at the MCA Las Vegas National show.

I've also ordered the plug connectors, and will probably put them on at the same time.
Old 9/25/06, 02:06 PM

Got my intake and connectors today, dunno if I'll get them installed tonight or tomorrow night, but they're all going in soon!

My heat shield was not cracked as others have seen, and everything looks good.
Old 9/25/06, 05:39 PM
Former Vendor

I noticed that my idle RPM picked up a bit. Before, with the engine cold my idle was at 1k and once warmed up it goes down to about 800, with the CAI installed I've been idling at about 1k with a warm engine.
The CAI should not make the car Idle higher at all
Old 9/26/06, 07:26 PM
Cobra R Member

JR I ordered a polish intake last monday. I was told a week with shipping. I called to check on it and they said it is on backorder. Could you please explain and how long will I have to wait. The guy really couldnt give me a very good idea on how long. Thanks for any info I am excited to try it out. Thanks
Old 9/26/06, 10:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
The CAI should not make the car Idle higher at all
JR, you're absolutely right. I guess I didn't let the motor warm up when I checked the RPM on idle. RPM on idle remains the same with the GMS CAI. My apologies for the incorrect info.
Old 9/26/06, 11:10 PM
Former Vendor

JR I ordered a polish intake last monday. I was told a week with shipping. I called to check on it and they said it is on backorder. Could you please explain and how long will I have to wait. The guy really couldnt give me a very good idea on how long. Thanks for any info I am excited to try it out. Thanks
We are almost caught up. Orders ship within 6 business days of the order date
Old 9/27/06, 03:29 PM
Cobra R Member

CAI on backorder

Well thank you for the info, but today is the 8th business day, and they hadnt shipped it. The guy told me it would not go out this friday which will be 10 business days and no date in site. So hopefully soon JR. Thanks again.
Old 9/27/06, 04:33 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well thank you for the info, but today is the 8th business day, and they hadnt shipped it. The guy told me it would not go out this friday which will be 10 business days and no date in site. So hopefully soon JR. Thanks again.
8th day I've been waiting for a month. They said I was 12th on the list.
Old 9/27/06, 06:41 PM
Former Vendor

Call and ask for me at the office 805-486-6644 and I will do my best to get you a system out - I have a little pull arounf the shop
Old 9/28/06, 11:24 AM

Got mine installed last night (haven't downloaded the pics yet) but it made a nice improvement in the drive to work this morning.

Install was very easy, only thing that gave me a hard time was getting the sleeve around the throttle-body end of the intake tube with the clamp on. Had to pull the clamp apart (undo the screw all the way) and re-insert it once I had the clamp around the assembly. I installed the Coil Connectors the day before, and took pics of the stock pieces when I took them off. Amazing that a spring is what connects the coil to the spark plug.

Don't know when I'll be able to get to a dyno, but I do want to do that someday. And I plan on getting the Fuego when it's available, too.

I definitely like the new and improved feel of the car, now just need the Fuego to get rid of the rest of the throttle lag.
Old 9/28/06, 02:06 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jayguy
Got mine installed last night (haven't downloaded the pics yet) but it made a nice improvement in the drive to work this morning.

Install was very easy, only thing that gave me a hard time was getting the sleeve around the throttle-body end of the intake tube with the clamp on. Had to pull the clamp apart (undo the screw all the way) and re-insert it once I had the clamp around the assembly. I installed the Coil Connectors the day before, and took pics of the stock pieces when I took them off. Amazing that a spring is what connects the coil to the spark plug.

Don't know when I'll be able to get to a dyno, but I do want to do that someday. And I plan on getting the Fuego when it's available, too.

I definitely like the new and improved feel of the car, now just need the Fuego to get rid of the rest of the throttle lag.
Thanks for the feed back. To all the guys that ordered chrome. I found out what we did wrong. The polisher we use got burned (skin) pretty bad so we justed over to a new company and they didinot geive us top priority. In the meantime we sent 80 sets to teh chromer and they all came back ugly so we had to reject them. This is the main reason we are behind on shinny stuff. I am very sorry -
Old 10/2/06, 09:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts
This CAI looks great and all, and when I saw the price earlier on in the thread that was about $350, and after calling Granatelli a few min ago, they gave me a price of $450, said the $350 was a special around 2 months ago. Anyone know how i can get a better price? They also quoted me $500 for the 2.5" exhuast. Thanks

Quick Reply: Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???