GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/06, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ski
At least you'll have the advantage of knowing where to look first for the cause of the problem if your car leaves you stranded in the middle of nowhere. And it may be a good idea to keep your toolbox, stock intake, and stock MAF sensor packed in the trunk from now on(But I know that you've already thought of that).
My point wasn't to jump on the "bash Granatelli bandwagon". Just like many other posts about upgrades people do they post their experiences so others don't have to experience similar headaches. I looked at Home Depot near the HVAC products for larger metal brackets to secure the silicon sleeve but didn't find anything until I ventured into plumbing and found the correct size brackets. Only I had to buy the sleeve that went with them.

It seems to perform just as advertised. There's a noticeable difference from the SOTP dyno and it has a pretty cool growl...
Old 11/10/06, 09:23 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stangmania
Just got off the phone with GMS. I have a bad harness as expected. They are going to send me one out after I send the bad one back.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...2&postcount=27
"Our electronics are calibrated specifically to our intake tube. Each meter is installed in the house(housing) and then flowed as a complete unit"

If the above quote by Granatelli, which states that each CAI kit has to be "flowed as a complete unit" because of how the "electronics are calibrated specifically", is true, then wouldn't the entire intake assembly to have be returned, and re-tested for proper functioning?
Also, wouldn't a new matched sensor and jumper harness combo have to be installed, instead of just a new jumper harness alone?
Old 11/10/06, 09:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ski
Also, wouldn't a new matched sensor and jumper harness combo have to be installed, instead of just a new jumper harness alone?
Nope, just keep records of the test.
Old 11/10/06, 09:43 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stangmania
but they said they needed the bad one back. They said they could repair the bad one later on.
That makes no sense at all.
If they have replacement units in stock, then a good customer service dept. should ship one to you ASAP.
Old 11/10/06, 09:45 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I would just like to add for those of you who are satisfied with the GMS CAI ? I couldn't be happier for you and whether you choose to believe this or not ? my intention was never to knock the product itself nor imply that It didn't work. My concern is this ? whenever I ask questions about a particular product that I'm interested in purchasing ? IMO as a consumer it's the dealer's obligation to fully explain in complete detail in this case (technical detail) in how the product works and from my standpoint ? I wouldn't have this huge cloud of doubt hanging over my head if JR had been willing to answer my technical questions concerning how his product works in a consistent, accurate and easy to understand format ? as Doug has..but when all you end up with are questions answered with even more questions on top of them ? of course your going to have doubts and if he was that concerned about his competition discovering his technology ? he could have just requested to be contacted through e-mail or by telephone instead of sending all these mixed signals via submitting misleading and inaccurate info..It got to the point where after he acknowledged his MAF electronics didn't alter the timing and spark curves as it relates to timing ? and just when I thought I finally began to understand his concepts ? he then does this complete 360 degree turnaround by claiming it does alter timing..Then he wonders why people such as myself are confused ? think about it..It's just as Silver Horse Racing stated ? the consumer has every right to fully and completely understand the concepts of the product in which the consumer is interested in purchasing..
My turn....I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 11/10/06, 09:59 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SpeedRoush
I looked at Home Depot near the HVAC products for larger metal brackets to secure the silicon sleeve but didn't find anything until I ventured into plumbing and found the correct size brackets. Only I had to buy the sleeve that went with them.
Just hope that your MAF harness does not fall apart again at a critical moment, e.g., merging onto a highway with a semi breathing down your neck, or passing another vehicle on a 2-lane road.