GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/06, 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Granatelli
I agree with SKI - He has me on this but again like I said I have been holding out on all of the technology for fear that the competition will figure it out. I just don't see why I should do it all for them.

05GTRedfire claims he knows fully how my stuff works but he really does not. You guys go out and buy flashtools but you don;t know exactly what they are changing if you did then anyone could just mimic the same tune. That is how Superchips, Hypertech and DiabloSport ended up in a lawsuit. Hypertech sued Superchips and claimed Superchips hired their staff and copied thier parts. Then the superchips guy left to go to DiabloSport so Superchips sued DiabloSport. It is never ending.

I am trying to avoid all this. I never lied to anyone. I made it clear that our parts worked spot on and I also said you could make more power with flashtool but you don;t need it to make the power - the flashtool is great for the wheel and tire stuff - or if you have an auto trans blah blah
I've never claimed I know fully how your stuff works, I only know it does. I understand the concept, but I'm positive I know nothing of the details. I've never used a flashtool either.
Old 8/17/06, 11:12 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
05GTRedfire, I don't believe m05fastbackGT should be grouped with others who appear to be jumping on JR more because of a dislike of him, or a bad previous experience, or maybe just because they like the attention of being the negative voice in the crowd.

Back to m05fastbackGT, I think (correct me if I'm wrong here) that he was actually more worried about someone running the GMS intake and the a/f going to 9.5 to 1 above 5000 rpm (or whatever it was), and his suggestion to go to the dyno was more so you could get that situation corrected if it was found, so as not to damage your engine. I think that is part of the stock computer program, and actually independent of the GMS intake system, so a K&N or Airaid or even the stock car would have the same problem of a less than ideal a/f mixture above 5000 rpm.

And JR, perhaps we should discuss that job sometime.
Old 8/17/06, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ski
I've been involved with muscle cars since 1968 when I bought a Roadrunner, and I've talked with numerous muscle car owners who said they had noticed a zero SOTP hp increase after installing various aftermarket products with manufacturers' claims of an added 6-10 hp, e.g., TB's, TB spacers, etc.
So here in lies the problem. He has been involved with Muscle Cars since 1968. Therefore he is an authority

You can't compare a 1968 tank to a late model car. Back then things were loud and the sensation of speed was totally different. I agree it is tough to feel 6hp but that does not mean you won't feel a better throttle response
Old 8/17/06, 11:36 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 05GTRedfire
I've never claimed I know fully how your stuff works, I only know it does. I understand the concept, but I'm positive I know nothing of the details. I've never used a flashtool either.
Sorry I mixed you up with m05fastbackGT - OOPS
Old 8/17/06, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
05GTRedfire, I don't believe m05fastbackGT should be grouped with others who appear to be jumping on JR more because of a dislike of him, or a bad previous experience, or maybe just because they like the attention of being the negative voice in the crowd.

Back to m05fastbackGT, I think (correct me if I'm wrong here) that he was actually more worried about someone running the GMS intake and the a/f going to 9.5 to 1 above 5000 rpm (or whatever it was), and his suggestion to go to the dyno was more so you could get that situation corrected if it was found, so as not to damage your engine. I think that is part of the stock computer program, and actually independent of the GMS intake system, so a K&N or Airaid or even the stock car would have the same problem of a less than ideal a/f mixture above 5000 rpm.

And JR, perhaps we should discuss that job sometime.
Well, actually the car has sensors that monitor the a/f mixture levels, and if it is running too lean, you will get a CEL. I know this because mine did initially. Turned out I had a bad wiring harness, and a new one was sent out immediately, no more CEL. I also believe the a/f going to 9.5 after 5krpm was in reference to the newer 2007 models in stock form. And maybe it's me but
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Ok fine Jay, then how about HarleyBill, 05GTRedfire, yourself and others who now have JR's product, consider having your Stangs dyno tested by local tuners who are in each of your area's, that are considered third parties and that should settle this issue, once and for all ?? Would any of you, agree to this ?? I mean, you should at least be a little curious right ??? I sure know, I'd be.. Sorry, I forgot to mention earlier that it would also be in your best interests, if you also have your A/F ratio's checked, as well..
the way that is posted makes it seem like the posted hp gains can not possibly be true, therefore get a local dyno so they can see the "real numbers", and also questioning the a/f ratios, because they must be off, again questioning the validity of the product, without ever using it. I guess I'll just take a vacation from this thread for a while. The numbers have been posted numerous times, the testimonials and the pics of customer installs are there. Believe it or not.
Old 8/17/06, 12:39 PM
Former Vendor

05GTREDFIRE - I am confused - do you have my product or not? You say you don't have it but your sig says you do
Old 8/17/06, 12:41 PM
Cobra Member

Joe, how long does the intake special run and what is your phone number for ordering? Also, how much is the anodized throttle body? Thanks!
Old 8/17/06, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

05GTREDFIRE - I am confused - do you have my product or not? You say you don't have it but your sig says you do
Think you're confusing me with someone else again, maybe jayguy? But yes, I have your CAI and your t-body
Attached Thumbnails Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???-p8200259_0150.jpg  
Old 8/17/06, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Joe, how long does the intake special run and what is your phone number for ordering? Also, how much is the anodized throttle body? Thanks!
Good until end of Month

805-486-6644

330.00 for anodized red, blue or black
Old 8/17/06, 02:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good until end of Month

805-486-6644

Hey Jr, just want to verify that if you do the "other special" that is posted here, the Exhaust and mas/cai (for 650.00) and you were throwing in the t-body for 275.00, that would put the anodized cost at 20.00 more? (310.00 vs 330.00) Would this not change if the other items were also purchased. I think you charged someone else about 35.00 for the anodized? Like the saying goes, it pays to buy more cuz you save more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GTRedfire
So does it cost extra to get it anodized? I also think it looks better like that. Is it possible to get red anodized?

red is $35.00 more
Old 8/17/06, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor

Yes - I will still make those deals as well
Old 8/17/06, 03:18 PM
ski
Bullitt Member

So here in lies the problem. He has been involved with Muscle Cars since 1968. Therefore he is an authority.
1968....when you were 1 year old.
Old 8/17/06, 03:19 PM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ski
JR,
Please provide the names and phone numbers of these dealerships. Thanks.
Still waiting.
Old 8/17/06, 03:22 PM
ski
Bullitt Member

I agree with SKI - He has me on this but again like I said I have been holding out on all of the technology for fear that the competition will figure it out. I just don't see why I should do it all for them.
IMHO, I think that even you do not understand how your own products work.
Old 8/17/06, 03:32 PM
ski
Bullitt Member

Additional enlightening info on GMS:
http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums...ad.php?t=25368
Old 8/17/06, 04:43 PM
Cobra Member

Good until end of Month

805-486-6644

Thanks!

Ski, don't you want to go home and beat your dog or something?
Old 8/17/06, 05:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ski
Additional enlightening info on GMS:
http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums...ad.php?t=25368
Controversy can be good so I went out and read it. Sounded like a bunch of 15 year olds that also 1. Didn't have his products. 2. Were bashing his stuff on what ricky****ybob said on some other post years ago (who also didn't have the products). Point to a couple of worthwhile posts and maybe you wouldn't come accross as a winer. Get some substance here or don't bother posting because your now just wasting our time.
Old 8/17/06, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

So here in lies the problem. He has been involved with Muscle Cars since 1968. Therefore he is an authority

You can't compare a 1968 tank to a late model car. Back then things were loud and the sensation of speed was totally different. I agree it is tough to feel 6hp but that does not mean you won't feel a better throttle response
yea, what he said!
Old 8/17/06, 08:31 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,790 Posts
Let's get somethng straight right here and now JR, I never claimed that I fully understood how your product worked..I said, I understood the concept of how your MAF sensor works with your intake tube..And everything I've ever said about your product, were direct quoates that you, yourself provided when answering my questions, for ie this quoate you provided from an earlier post, that I posted below.. So now you come up with the excuse, that you were fearful of the competition figuring out your technology, so you decided to hold out, from revealing the complete details, until now right ?? Well as far as I'm concerned, if you had been completely open with me, from the very beginning..Perhaps I would have had a full understanding of how your product works..Now which is true and which isn't ???

You just quoted what I said in the earlier post – you are correct. If the factory had a calibrated sensor mated to the housing then it should be able to adjust for any cold air intake. – Now you need to make sue the housing can move enough air

Well you kinda lost me on this one. Our electronics are calibrated specifically to our intake tube. Each meter is installed in the house and then flowed as a complete unit...Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
And I've been right here waiting, lol..So, If I'm understanding correctly, when you mentioned that your electronics are calibrated to your intake tube..I get the impression, that your re-calibrated MAF sensor, is in no way modifying nor changing the actual stock tuning files..? Am I correct, so far about this ?? And if I'am.. Is it also true that your re-calibrated electronics, also do not modify any of the stock's timing and spark curve parameters?? such as have the ability to either advance or take away spark and timing, if needed ?? and most of all..The ability, of getting rid of that annoying throttle lag ?? And, If I'm still right..Isn't it also true, that only a hand held tuner, such as your Fuego flash tuner, have the ability to actually modify, the computer's stock tunning files ??? If were still on the same page, where I'm going with this is..Does not the combination of a cold air intake, and flash tuner, provide more overall performance and power gains, than just your cold air intake alone ?? (even with re-calibrated electronics, and no re-flash required) That's were I was going with this, all along JR...So, I hope you have an idea, where I'm coming from..

The flash tool will give anyone the ability to make many changes. So yes. However, our electronics are properly scaled to output the proper data relative to the airflowing through it - it does not alter the timing or load tables as it relates to timing

Old 8/17/06, 09:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Quick Reply: Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???