Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/07, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The February 2007 issue of Mustangs & Fast Fords has an article on power packages for the 2005+ Stangs....they have also included a DVD on the same subject, the DVD is in the plastic cover of the magazine.

Have not read or watched the DVD so don't know if the info is any good or not.

Danger, Danger, Danger !!

Have watched a small part of the above mentioned DVD...What it shows is the addition of bolt ons and then a dyno run. The final bolt on is a supercharger.

First bolt on is a C&L CIA and Predator tune.......14 HP increase
Second bolt is a BBK throttle body....7 HP increase
BBK pulleys......8 HP increase

The numbers are different from what the Mustang Source forum guys say and different from what Bama and Breenspeed says,
The C&L CAI and tune is much less,
The throttle body is much higher,
The pulleys are a little higher or the same.
Old 1/1/07, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by T Town Bobby D
The February 2007 issue of Mustangs & Fast Fords has an article on power packages for the 2005+ Stangs....they have also included a DVD on the same subject, the DVD is in the plastic cover of the magazine.

Have not read or watched the DVD so don't know if the info is any good or not.

Danger, Danger, Danger !!

Have watched a small part of the above mentioned DVD...What it shows is the addition of bolt ons and then a dyno run. The final bolt on is a supercharger.

First bolt on is a C&L CIA and Predator tune.......14 HP increase
Second bolt is a BBK throttle body....7 HP increase
BBK pulleys......8 HP increase

The numbers are different from what the Mustang Source forum guys say and different from what Bama and Breenspeed says,
The C&L CAI and tune is much less,
The throttle body is much higher,
The pulleys are a little higher or the same.

Got the video, but haven't watched it yet. Most people on these forums aren't liking the video since they think the numbers are too high.

I got Steeda pullies. The windage tray is from MMR I think. It replaces the crappy factory one and does a much better job of preventing the oil from splashing back up on the crankshaft. It should be good for at least 1-2 horses I think since drag is greatly reduced. I am also ordering a set of FRPP GTA mufflers this week. I really want a different sound and I like these the best, plus they are a FRPP product and I am trying to use as many of these as I can when possible. These mufflers supposedly are worth about 2-7 horses. I say that based on dyno numbers I have seen other guys on the forums here do. They have 4 inch exhaust tips and bolt right on.

I have decided to keep my bling down to a minimum except for what I already have and concentrate on making the car faster and reliable. I have thus now shunned superchargers and am going straight NA. The next thing either like May or late July is headers and catted hi-flo x-pipe. Way down the road after the warranty is gone is cams, cnc ported heads and 4:10 gears.
Old 1/1/07, 02:23 PM

I wonder if the ram air system on the test car is the reason for the increases ?

The test car has Fang mods including a working air scoop that delivers air straight to the air cone.

Tuesday.......

Watched the rest of the DVD and was disappointed.....it starts out great as a "show you how to do it" but slowly jumps over the how to steps. They put on a completely new exhaust system which included long tube headers and got an increase in horses in the low teens, the new system had to cost in the thousands.....not a lot of bang for the bucks. Just goes back to what Paul and I have always said and that is the factory system is not bad.

With these new stangs it is hard to figure what performance mods really work and which ones don't.

Want to congratulate the OU coaches on being out coached once again and reminded them why they moved Paul Thompson from the QB position.
Old 1/2/07, 08:35 AM

1st off, Happy New Year gang!

I need to pick up a copy of it and check it out. The numbers do sound a bit off. But remember, each car is different, not to mention the weather conditions and dyno difs that can effect numbers. I look at all these types of numbers as est.

Jeff, cool stuff. Of course I'll help you put them on. The windage tray will be a bit of a pain. We'll have to drop the oil pan and I'm not sure if we'll have to lift to motor to do that. We'll have to look at it. The pullies however, will be a walk in the park.

I'm on for the 13th. Please come up with or let me know your agenda items. Oh... never got the logo Jeff.

On the OU game... They got out coached. Period. One of the best games I've seen in a while. Ya gotta give props to Bosie State. They wanted it. On the good side, my beloved Badgers won!
Old 1/2/07, 09:31 AM

I have some ramps that you guys can use to get to the oil pan.....
Old 1/2/07, 10:59 AM

That might work. I normally just use my big honkin floor jack and stands, but this would be a good "ramp project".
Old 1/3/07, 03:24 PM

Yo David... Ya out there somewhere?
Old 1/4/07, 09:46 AM

David, Matt........check in

We need to start a roll call of all club members.
Old 1/4/07, 03:59 PM

Yo, guys i'm still here....
I have been very busy at work the past couple of weeks....
Happy new year!!!!
I have a scrip to the MM&FF and of course you get hosed on all the extras like the video.....and the bikini calendar! If you need the cherry picker Jeff to get the motor up when you do the windage tray let me know.
The OU game was great entertainment. I would have liked a better outcome but oh well I've come to expect the losses at bowl games. I just sat there screaming at my TV "@&CK who has the guy on the left!!!!"... I will more than likely be ordering A CIA kit in the next couple of weeks. Pretty sure I am going to go with the C&L Racer kit with a X-cal tuner from Brenspeed. I like the look of the C&L plus I think it fits in line with what I plan to do with the other mods down the road.
Old 1/4/07, 08:07 PM

Good to hear you are doing OK David....

I to may be getting close to the Racer CAI and a tune but probably a Bama,

Have been checking the forums for comments and experience about the racer vs the street and everything has been checking out except a few days ago someone that had the racer since they came out was throwing too lean codes and it happened several times, he also had a friend that was in the same boat, both had Breenspeed tunes,

David, do you think there could be a problem with the larger tube getting to much air to the engine and causing it to run lean......it may be awhile until some of us get the mods where the extra air will be used ?
Old 1/5/07, 09:54 AM

Good to hear from you Dave-O.

I think my next mods will be the UDP, Gears and LCAs. That and slicks for the track. There's so much all of us are losing on the launch. I think the biggest bang for the clock is to improve our 60 foot times. That's what I'm going after.
Old 1/5/07, 03:41 PM

Bling.....more bling......I'm blinging here
Old 1/5/07, 03:53 PM

We know Bobby... We know.
Old 1/5/07, 04:12 PM

Subliminal Message…. Bob… Bobby… Borrow your Bro's Ford GT… Pauly wants a ride. Repeat 10 x’s
Old 1/5/07, 05:28 PM

Bob, I think that there must be a programming problem with some cars respective computers or perhaps programming issues with whomever programmed the C&L. The computer should only go to lean if the wrong voltage is "seen" thru the MAF sensor. The Racer kit does come with a larger diameter MAF housing however this is why it requires a computer re-tune. As do all cold air kits that come with an increased MAF housing. The ones that do not require a re-tune have a factory sized housing. So in theory I believe that is has to be a programming issue. Another reason that some of these lean reports are coming in is that these people may have changed somthing in the exhaust side and did not get a retune to accomidate their change. Although usually opening up the exhaust on the older cars resulted in an enrichment rather than a lean condition. But hey these new cars are a totally different animal.
Old 1/6/07, 05:41 AM

If I go get that car and bring it back over here it will just make you feel crappy and your Mustang will just become a Pinto, besides I will probably kill myself driving into the back of a semi......

David, thanks for the info....now tell me why are you going with the Diablo.... is it just because you can change and adjust it better yourself ?

Still have not taken the cam covers off yet, afraid I won't have enough time ( should be a four month job ) and miss our next club meeting,

I'm still blinging over here....your eyes will burn....
Old 1/6/07, 07:02 AM

Let us not forget Fords crowning achivement in automotive design.... The Mustang II, which was a re-bodied Pinto. I still want a ride Bobby! Make it happen.

David... Good points. My thought is this. If the CAI does not require a retune. It's probably not woth it. Go with JLT and SCT from Bama. I heard that The Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa did an offical track test.... It was tops baby!

Seriously.. Is there any reason why you're not considering the JLT?
Old 1/6/07, 09:47 AM

Well I looked at the JLT and many others I just prefer the look of the Racer from C&L. As far as the tuner I Am leaning more lately to the SCT rather than the Diablo. Bama or Brenspeed for the kit and tunes I must say that I have been thinking about brenspeed due to the other components that they offer and the pricing and it seems to me (i may be wrong) they are orientated more toward the 1/4 mile go fast time as a main course of action which I like. As I too am geared to this venue as my primary vision for my ride. But as mentioned before I think a lot of the differences in 1/4 mile times and so forth are 1. the equipment and 2. the driver. I have seen many rides that had all the parts money could buy and get smoked by a really good driver with much less in the go fast department.
Old 1/7/07, 08:18 AM

The racer wasn't out when I bought my setup. So I went with the JLT based on the tests I read and the fact that you can have it custom paint to match your car. Which I thought was rather trick.

Another fact that I've read in the dif between SCT and Diablo, is that SCT allows you to turn/tune OFF your traction control and Diablo doesn't. However, once it's off it's off. You have to plug it back in to reset it to turn it back on.

This TC OFF is a nice feature. Last time we went out to the track, I forgot to turn it OFF during one run. Well, it kicked on during my launch and screwed up my run.

I havn't yet, but I plan on going in an turning/tuning the TC to OFF. It's just one less thing to worry about when you're at the track. Plus I don't drive ol "Blazin Blue" in the rain much less snow, so I really don't need TC.
Old 1/7/07, 08:30 AM

BTW Guys. After the meeting next Saturday, We're installing Jeffs UDPs and new mufflers at "Pauly's Mustang Emporium" (AKA My Garage). You guys are more than welcome to join in the fun.

This is however depending on the weather.... Right now they are calling for snow, sleet and/or freezing rain. Wonderful....

Quick Reply: Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa