Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/06, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering if the club might be interested in putting on a car show in the not so distant future? My employer has inquired several times about having a car show in the front of our store as there is a huge parking lot. I believe that they, and perhaps some of the other local businesses in the shopping center may be willing to sponsor the event (read- pay us money) if we could put somthing together. I'm not sure what it would take to do this but it might be fun. I would guess that we would need to involve some people outside the club to join in. Perhaps from the GCCM club or somthing. What do you guys think?
Old 11/9/06, 04:00 PM

What shopping center are you talking about ?

I will help if the others are interested, just wonder about the timing with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up....

I would like to see comments from everyone on just what they want to do as a club and then we could come up with a schedule, by doing this people could plan ahead and maybe participation would be better. Just like the drags, it was just two guys and last time three showed up....maybe by spring there will be four or six.......at least it is a start. I think another thing we need to do is let others know what is involved in a car show or what and how do you drag race you car and etc. Everyone is different and everyone has different interests and as a group we need to make sure we offer enough for everyone. If we could pick some events and post, e-mail, give out , pass out a calendar of events.......then we plan around and for these events.

Let me start out....

* Participation on Tuesday evenings in BYB starting next spring,

* Participation in GCMC show, Will and Ford dealer show and the yearly
Ford, Shelby meet,

* Participation in drag races,

* Hallet race track run,

* Poker rally,

* Fall foliage run,

* Monthly Saturday morning breakfast ,

* Sunday lunch run to Muskogee, Ft. Smith, Stillwater and ? ,

* Tech and " how to " gatherings,

* Participation with other new style Mustang clubs from the OKC area,

* Participation with other local car clubs in drives or shows.
Old 11/9/06, 08:18 PM

Bob, I work for Sunshine Furniture as the Warehouse/Operations Mgr. The store is located at 71st and Memorial in the old Target building. The parking area is huge! I don't think it would be a problem to host at least fifty cars. I was thinking that we could set somthing up for after the first of the year perhaps even spring 2007. I think this should give the club enough time to get better prepared. This is also a good place to meet up on the occasional cruise night.

I like your ideas for planning events in advance so more participation can be achieved. At the top of this forum is a link that says "clubs" I think that we can register our club here and could help in drawing some interest.

Jeff, any more info with the Ford dealer?

I would like to set up dates for 2007 for as many events that are reasonable for as many members to attend.

1. Test and tune nights at the track or Hallett
2. BYB
3. Shelby Meet
4. Green Country show
5. Ford dealer
6. Dinner or breakfast and cruise
7. Poker run
8. Parades (Rooster Days B.A. etc..)
9. Charity events
10. Club meetings once a month.
Old 11/10/06, 12:33 PM

All good ideas! I suggest doing the car show this coming spring. With the weather turning colder, holidays and all. Plus it will give us some time to plan.

Speaking of planning.... We probably need to have a pow wow of sorts. This would give us a chance to throw all these ideas on the table and get the feedback from all members. We also need to nominate and approve board members. Officially that is.
I suggest we meet for lunch next Saturday (18th). I could even meet tomorrow but that may be too short of notice. Let me know....

I also want to bring you up to speed in regards to sponsorships.... Our Legal Counsel (Jeff) has connections with some folks over at Bob Hurley Ford. They recently contacted Jeff and are looking for a car club to sponsor. Jeff and I will be meeting with them in the coming weeks to discuss the details of the sponsorship. This is a very good thing and we need your help... Do any of you have any thoughts or ideas of what they would like see in the sponsorship. Be realistic here... I already have the basics like shirts, printing costs, car show fees, etc. I also be sending out an email with this info....

David: I need your Email address. Just PM me...

All: Where the hell has Matt been?!

Thanks,
Paul
Old 11/10/06, 02:27 PM

I think that it would be realistic for them to supply some items that promote the club as well as their dealership. Perhaps like paul said t-shirts, hats, banners, mabey magnetic signs for the cars if we go to the track, stickers, perhaps even picking one or more of the cars as a test mule for the new Ford Drag pack, Handling pack, Power pack ( may be stretching it) For the show arena perhaps a small tent structure with banners/streamers with the club logo and dealer sponsors. I wonder if we should be open to taking other sponsors as well or if they would like us to remain exclusive to them? All things to discuss at the pow-wow. Does anyone know if Bob Hurley is a dealer for performance parts? Tulsa seems like a natural hot bed for a club like this.
Old 11/10/06, 06:38 PM

Sorry it has taken me so long to chime in with this. Here is how it stands: We are still waiting on Bob Hurley Ford. They mentioned it would be about 3 weeks before they had their ducks in a row to talk. We still have one more week before this time frame expires.
We can ask for whatever we want, but like Paul said keep it realistic.
I agree with all the below except the performance stuff, mainly because it is ultra expensive from a dealership standpoint and plus it would be hard to decide who received those freebies.
As to Bob Hurley and performace, yes they are extremely performance friendly. United is not so much.
We would probably have to be devoted to Bob Hurley for the most part. It depends on what they are willing to give.
I like the idea of putting on a show, but let me ask all of you, have any of you ever put on a show? It is a TON of work, depending on the type of show. The best thing for us to do initially is a little "Show and Shine" show where there is not much involved and it lasts only a couple of hours. This is a good way for us to get our feet wet and see what it is like. I mention this because I have been involved in many shows over the last ten years with planning, etc. We need to come up with a budget and stick to it. We will know more once we hear from Bob Hurley. David, is Sunshine willing to give us any money to put on a show? I know you mentioned the space but we need door prizes, trophies, advertising, etc. These are issues we will address later.
I agree that we should meet monthly or at least once every 2 months. We also need to have a plan of events or poker runs or drag days or Hallet days or cruise-ins to present Bob Hurley with so....give your ideas and times now because Paul and I need them when we got to Hurley Ford.
I think I covered everything. sorry this was so long. Throw out your ideas ASAP. Thanks!

JH

Originally Posted by DavidM
I think that it would be realistic for them to supply some items that promote the club as well as their dealership. Perhaps like paul said t-shirts, hats, banners, mabey magnetic signs for the cars if we go to the track, stickers, perhaps even picking one or more of the cars as a test mule for the new Ford Drag pack, Handling pack, Power pack ( may be stretching it) For the show arena perhaps a small tent structure with banners/streamers with the club logo and dealer sponsors. I wonder if we should be open to taking other sponsors as well or if they would like us to remain exclusive to them? All things to discuss at the pow-wow. Does anyone know if Bob Hurley is a dealer for performance parts? Tulsa seems like a natural hot bed for a club like this.
Old 11/11/06, 09:50 AM

Sounds like we are going from a couple of goofs with Mustangs to a real car club,
We need to remember that at the present time we really only have 4 members that are active, how you guys present that to the dealer will be interesting....much less put on a car show,
I think the dealer will be interested in how much PR he can get out of the club with no liability issues....If Hurley feels that he is covered on those two issues then we can grow from there,
I am sure he will want to know what kind of activities we have or will have,
To me the first thing is to get a commitment from all four of us that this is what we want and all four of us are willing to work hard to create this club......Which I think all four of us have said,
I think everyone has great ideas and agree with Paul that we need to meet and come up with a game plan.
Old 11/11/06, 11:04 AM

Ok, I have been doing some research on other clubs and their sponsorships and it looks as if no one is committed to just one sponsor. Most of the clubs I looked at were advertising several sponsors with various ad size for how much the sponsor wanted to spend. The advertisement was on there web site or news letter or both. So based on this I think we should think about a web page and definitely do a news letter either quarterly or monthly. I also had a thought that we could offer to Bob Hurley a free club membership to all new Mustang buyers. This would help our club grow and be a good promotional tool for Hurley. Most of the clubs that I checked out had on their web page a link for sponsors as well as club applications, calander of events, newsletter, car shows etc... Has anyone thought about getting some business cards made with the club info on them so that if we meet someone or see a nice ride in a parking lot somewhere we can flag it? I am also wondering if we should incorporate as a not for profit group?
Jeff, your the legal mind what do you think?
Old 11/11/06, 11:17 AM

Jeff, to answer your question about Sunshine the answer is yes. The owner has verbally committed to some sort of financial backing if we can put on a show. As far as how much it has yet to be determined. I guess we all need to get together and decide what sort of things we would need to do a show, attatch dollar figures to those things and do a breakdown so that we could gain more support. I think that some of the other business' in the complex could be coersed into contributing to the fund as well.
Old 11/13/06, 02:36 PM

Hey guys, are we still shooting for a sat lunch? If so when where?
Old 11/13/06, 04:42 PM

After we agree on a time and place for a Saturday meeting, would one of you hot dog racers explain to me why David turned a 13.5, Jeff a 13.6 and Paul a 13.2 ?????????

David has a drop in K&N filter, flowmasters and my guess 85 octane

Both Jeff and David have =
Fairly expensive air intake systems, they both have a fairly expensive
tunes, exhaust systems, Paul blends his gas with 104 octane to get to
93 octane - don't know about Jeff.

I am thinking about a new tuned air intake system for $600.00+, which is **** expensive for no real world performance gains. When you check these performance products out and try to find out what is PR and real you find out that some of the axle back exhaust systems create less HP than stock, some of the throttle bodies cause 0 extra horses and some of the top tuned air intakes are lucky to get close to 20 extra horses.

Looks like the one and only thing that is a proven gain for these cars is a supercharger and I am beginning to think all the other items are just bling.
Old 11/13/06, 05:22 PM

Bob, The reason behind the time differences are due to mostly traction. I was able to turn a good time because of better traction than the other two guys. My car is not producing the same level of power as Paul and Jeff so I am not spinning quite as bad as them. Paul and Jeff could easily run into the 12 second range with traction, Their respective MPH is more than enough to run a 12 second pass. A set of drag radials could be worth as much as 4-5 tenths in the quarter mile. The expensive air intake kits are worth what you pay for them. The kits are worth on average 25-30 rwhp or more with a good tune. Which is a pretty good bang for your buck. By comparison if you want to shell out the 4-5 grand for a supercharger kit you can run in the 11 second range but you cant do better than a 12-13 second pass even with a supercharger if you can't get traction.
Old 11/14/06, 07:35 AM

So if you can't get those extra ponies to the road, then you will see no improvement. Sounds like you guys need slicks and traction bars.

What about a rolling start from 30 mph, would Paul and Jeff lead by several car lengths ?
Old 11/14/06, 01:23 PM

The reason why I'm the fastest has all to do with the color of the car. Vista Blue is the fastest color....

Bob. Buy the CAI and tuner. You won't regret it. Besides the perf gains, the car just runs better.

Where do you want to meet Saturday for lunch? Hooters ?????
Old 11/14/06, 02:08 PM

I knew, I knew, when you woke up and read the posts that Vista blue would be your answer.
Old 11/14/06, 02:17 PM

But of course!
Old 11/14/06, 03:16 PM

Hooters sounds good.

Hey Paul I am sure glad I got a White car, as white is a shade and not really a color so I wont have to compete against that fast Vista Blue color.

I can't wait until I get a cold air kit and tune!
Old 11/14/06, 04:21 PM

Everyone... Hooters @ 11:30 this Saturday.... Chime in. Let me know if you will make it. This is the first official meeting.

P.S. Vista Blue is the fastest color....
Old 11/14/06, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by 2006GT
Everyone... Hooters @ 11:30 this Saturday.... Chime in. Let me know if you will make it. This is the first official meeting.

P.S. Vista Blue is the fastest color....

I will be there. Is that the Hooter's on 61st and Memorial?

JH
Old 11/15/06, 06:30 AM

Will be there....

Quick Reply: Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa