Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/07, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the idea of turning off that pesky TCS I drive good enough to not need it anyway. The only time that it might come in handy is in the snow or ice. I don't think it is needed in the rain unless you are planning on going 100+ mph or somthing crazy like that.
Old 1/7/07, 10:49 AM

Paul Your comment about the 60 foot times is sooooo true. I have been thinking that after the CAI I am also going to get gears and LCA's and tires I think this alone with the supurb driving should get the old white mare into the 12 second zone with ease.
Old 1/7/07, 01:52 PM

Drag racing is all in the 60ft times. And remember...

"If you're not first, you're last."
-Ricky Bobby
Old 1/7/07, 03:53 PM

Heads up... We might need to postpone our meeting for a week. Still a ways out but, we'll keep an eye on it. From the NWS...

EXTENDED DISCUSSION...
THE POTENTIAL FOR A SIGNIFICANT WINTER WEATHER EVENT IS TAKING SHAPE FOR NEXT WEEKEND AS AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH THE REGION LATE THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. AT THE CURRENT TIME IT LOOKS LIKE FREEZING RAIN WILL BE THE PRIMARY CONCERN AS WARM AIR ASSOCIATED WITH A SOUTHWEST FLOW ALOFT WILL OVERRUN THE SHALLOW ARCTIC AIRMASS THAT WILL BE IN PLACE ACROSS THE AREA. THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT ICING EXISTS ACROSS PARTS OF EASTERN OKLAHOMA AND NORTHWEST ARKANSAS FRIDAY NIGHT
INTO SATURDAY.
Old 1/9/07, 12:37 PM

Well, it still looks like they are calling for snow and freezing rain. Bummer.

Paul, if we can't do the UDPs on Saturday can we move it to next Saturday? I may go ahead and install the mufflers since they look to be like a no brainer.

Why is this thread so dead? Let's get it going again. Let's hear some specific dates that we could do events. Don't forget to put the first weekend in June on your calendars for the Mid America Shelby Meet.

Paul, where are we on the actual website? Has BH sent you the digit pic? If not, I will talk to Randy yet again. He said he sent it to the web address you set up for the club. Should be send it to your personal one?

Dave, what did you finally decide on for a CAI? I know you are going Brenspeed and I find that wise. Brent is awesome and he knows his stuff. I have nothing but good to say about him and his tunes.
Old 1/9/07, 01:09 PM

With the bad weather coming in I am assuming that both the dealer meet and working on Jeff's car is cancelled and both rescheduled to the following Saturday ?????

We need to have dates for the Shelby meet, the GCMC show and maybe the show in Mustang Ok......I will try to come up with a list of other events that we may want to be involved in and then we can come up with our events, ok ?

We need some posters and handouts advertising the club, if we do I can post them at different auto parts stores and etc.

Jeff, you have talked about getting long tubes....do a search under Flowtech.
Old 1/9/07, 04:03 PM

Jeff I have decided to go with the racer from C&L from brenspeed with the SCT tuner. I hope to order in the next week or so Have to catch up from christmas and my sons birthday which is on the 12th of this month. Then it's smooth sailing for a while no unexpected expenses to account for and I can then set my spending budget for the stang.

What do you guys think about a day this summer to have a meet out at the illinois river and have a overnight with floating and such?
Old 1/9/07, 04:30 PM

We'll play it by ear on this weekend. They're still calling for crap weather this weekend. I figure we'll know something by Friday. Stay tuned...

Booby ( Misspelled on purpose)... Good thinking...I think at the next meeting we should focus on the calendar portion. This should include recruiting new memebers. It will be spring before we know it.

Jeff... Still no logo. It's hasn't been sent to either email.

If we can't do it this weekend, next weekend should work. The mufflers can be a bit difficult... There's a bolt (on each side) for the hanger that can be a bear to get at. Unless you have an 11mm rachet box wrench, you'll be there a while. Also, I had to use my impact wrench to tighten the clamps so that they wouldn't rattle.

All... As far as the website... We should have a prototype by the end of the week. My bubby Steve (AKA "HadAStang" on this forum) is helping. I started it in MS Front Page and was not happy with the the look. Steve has better dev software and skills. Thanks Steve! So far it will have these sections... Future sections will also include a forum....

News
How to Join
Members
The Board
Gallery
Member rides
Show Pics
Event pics
Misc
Events Cal.
Tech
DIY
Tech news
Links
Contact Us
Old 1/9/07, 05:18 PM

David... Float Trip..... I'm in baby!
Old 1/9/07, 05:30 PM

Here's the (very early) latest website format.... love the tailight format...

http://members.***.net/robinandsteve/BMMCT/index.htm
Old 1/10/07, 09:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just FYI that URL Paul gave is NOT the final address, so don't bookmark it. Any suggestions are welcome.

Waiting on content. And if you haven't already, secure an ISP (I suggested ***) and purchase a domain name. Per GoDaddy, BMMCT.com is available (as are .net and .org) for about $9/year. I'd go with .org since you're essentially a non-profit. I think. :/
Old 1/10/07, 12:45 PM

Great start on the new web site, it really looks good,

Please review the two attachments and give me your comments, hopefully this will get us up to speed before spring gets here and help us with our next meeting at Bob Hurley,

I'm going to go with cancellation of our Saturday events after looking at the latest weather forecast, will we move the two till the following Saturday ?
Attached Files
File Type: doc
This is a very ruff draft.doc (21.0 KB, 172 views)
Old 1/10/07, 08:34 PM

I like the idea of a float trip. Also, Bob, I like your lists thus far and I like the dates.

As to our resceduled meeting, I will call Randy tomorrow and see if we can move it to the following Saturday, January 20 at 11am. I don't forsee this being a problem. And yes Paul I will ask him to send the logo again. If he doesn't for some reason I will go over with a blank CD and make him burn us a copy.

Paul-I do have a deep well socket for the mufflers so I may go ahead and put them on this weekend in the comfort of a warm garage. Do I need to use my torque wrench for anything or do I just tighten the hell out of all the bolts? Any tips would be appreciated. Also, when we do put on the UDPs, do I need to have any special tools? The reason I ask is that all the installs I have read hear say they got tools from Autozone on loan and then returned them.
Old 1/10/07, 08:36 PM

Bob, I do have 1 question about the events list, which I like. What are suburbs dinner meets????
Old 1/11/07, 09:30 AM

The events list is just a suggestion and to get everyone thinking of what we want to accomplish as a club, so everyone please add your input.

Jeff, the suburb eats run would be two fold :

1) We would meet during the week at an agreed to point in Tulsa and drive to Owasso, Wagner or etc and have dinner.

2) Would be on a Saturday, Sunday or hoilday at an aggreed to point in Tulsa and have lunch or dinner in Muskogee, Stillwater and etc.
Old 1/11/07, 10:14 AM

Sorry guys... I was out of pocket yesterday. I agree as of right now, we postpone to meeting. They don't seem to be backing out of the forecast. Jeff- Let me know what Mr. Randy says. Hopefully it’s not a problem.

Booby- The list looks great! Excellent start. I’m just worried about having too many events. I don’t wanna get overwhelmed. Thoughts? Can you make copies for the meeting? We can discuss. Also, we’ll need to run by some of the date with Randy to make sure the sponsor is on board. This should be or main focus for the meeting.

Jeff- A deep ½ drive socket will work for the clamps. The torque specs are simple. Tighten em till the scream baby! The only other tool you’ll want to have is the ratchet box end wrench (I think it’s 11mm). Like these... http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Mechanics+Tools&pid=00942404000&ver tical=TOOL&subcat=Wrenches&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes This is for the hanger bolt on the top side of the frame. It’s in a tight spot. If you don’t have a set of these, they are well worth the purchase. I use mine all the time and love em. You can get by using the standard open end /box end wrenches, but you’ll tend to swear a lot and be there a while. Oh! Before you tighten everything up, make sure the pipes are centered and even. I’d suggest mounting both mufflers and tightening just a little. Then stand back and make any adjustments. Then tighten everything up.

The UDPs..... We should be fine. “My Dad is a TV repairman. He has an AWESOME set of tools (what movie?)”. Seriously. We should be fine. I got a puller, impact wrench, good looks and everything we need.

Didn’t we tell you about the suburbs dinner Jeff? We’re all coming out to your house for dinner with 100 of our closest friends. Will that be a problem? J No really... Booby, explain.
Old 1/11/07, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by 2006GT
Sorry guys... I was out of pocket yesterday. I agree as of right now, we postpone to meeting. They don't seem to be backing out of the forecast. Jeff- Let me know what Mr. Randy says. Hopefully it’s not a problem.

Booby- The list looks great! Excellent start. I’m just worried about having too many events. I don’t wanna get overwhelmed. Thoughts? Can you make copies for the meeting? We can discuss. Also, we’ll need to run by some of the date with Randy to make sure the sponsor is on board. This should be or main focus for the meeting.

Jeff- A deep ½ drive socket will work for the clamps. The torque specs are simple. Tighten em till the scream baby! The only other tool you’ll want to have is the ratchet box end wrench (I think it’s 11mm). Like these... http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Mechanics+Tools&pid=00942404000&ver tical=TOOL&subcat=Wrenches&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes This is for the hanger bolt on the top side of the frame. It’s in a tight spot. If you don’t have a set of these, they are well worth the purchase. I use mine all the time and love em. You can get by using the standard open end /box end wrenches, but you’ll tend to swear a lot and be there a while. Oh! Before you tighten everything up, make sure the pipes are centered and even. I’d suggest mounting both mufflers and tightening just a little. Then stand back and make any adjustments. Then tighten everything up.

The UDPs..... We should be fine. “My Dad is a TV repairman. He has an AWESOME set of tools (what movie?)”. Seriously. We should be fine. I got a puller, impact wrench, good looks and everything we need.

Didn’t we tell you about the suburbs dinner Jeff? We’re all coming out to your house for dinner with 100 of our closest friends. Will that be a problem? J No really... Booby, explain.

It's funny you mention the above Sears tools. That is what Dawn got me for Christmas this year!

Dinner at my house is fine. Just bring non-alcoholic beer and caffeine free diet coke.

Thanks for the muffler info. I am going to try and do them tonight or tomorrow sometime.
Old 1/11/07, 03:14 PM

You'll love em. One of the best tool inventions in years.

What "non-alcoholic" beer?????
Old 1/11/07, 03:18 PM

Looks like I'll need to put on the Drag Chains...

NWS EXTENDED DISCUSSION...
AN ICE STORM WARNING WILL BE IN EFFECT FOR PARTS OF NORTHEAST
OKLAHOMA FOR FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY. A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR MUCH OF THE REST OF EASTERN OKLAHOMA AND NORTHWEST ARKANSAS FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY WITH SIGNIFICANT ICING POSSIBLE. A FLASH FLOOD WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY FOR FAR SOUTHEAST OKLAHOMA AND WEST CENTRAL ARKANSAS.
Old 1/12/07, 10:33 AM

Drag chains........some day they will come to get you and take you away

DANGER, DANGER, DANGER !!!!!!

Get those ponies to their barns and cover them up, ice is here !

Quick Reply: Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa