Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/06, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmmm. Interesting info on the SCT vs Diablo on the auto tranny. When I was looking at it, most of the stuff I read (on the forum) pointed to the Diablo as the best for the auto trans.

I think the bottom line is this. They're both good tuners. Besides some feature diffs, they're about the same. Think of it like this, most of the performance tunes deal with adjusting the Air/Fuel ratios, etc. BOTH can give you whatever ratio you want and it basically come down to, who wrote your tune.

So, I think the next question is where to buy? Chime in here Jeff... I went with BamaChip (Doug) and Jeff went with Brenspeed. Both are excellent tuners. However Doug (BamaChips) is a little less protective over his tunes. For example, Doug will Email you the tune file, where as Brenspeed requires you to mail in your whole tuner so that they can load the file. Which IMO is a pain. BOTH are very good tuners. They know there stuff.
Old 11/19/06, 02:51 PM

Doug at Bama drives an automatic Mustang GT , he knows how to tune an auto stang,

You might want to check out some other forums such as
2005 Mustang
All Ford Mustangs
Stang
Corral

From my review many have had quality and programing problems with the Predator....

Bama and Brenspeed are always talked about as the two best out there,

For you guys that are serious about drag racing maybe the best way to go is with a CAI and a tuner and a good local program tuner and a dyno,

Don't know if there is anybody in Tulsa but there is in OKC.
Old 11/19/06, 02:55 PM

The above information does not pertain to Vista Blue stangs,

May try to steal one of my brothers boat engines and go after Vista Blues,

Paul, you need to stay off the forum and start those club projects, Jeff and I will help David out.

Vista Blue, Vista Blue.........
Old 11/19/06, 03:21 PM

Hey bob whats up with the porsche?

Paul your right, I think that there is not much diff. in the tuners and it depends on where/who you get the tunes from. Do the guys at brenspeed or bama do tunes for the Diablosport as well as the SCT?
Old 11/19/06, 05:58 PM

It is a Porsche GT3 RS, coming to the USA this spring.......

Have always been a Porsche fan and have owned several in the "old days " including a 356 which I rebuilt, it was my all time favorite,

The GT3 is as close to a race car as you can get, the GT3 RS is a race car,

It is all Porsche engine with no boost, just the biggest Porsche engine ever and considered a real and the ultimate Porsche by the fanatics,

The RS comes in only four colors, silver, black, orange and green....all have side stripes, wheels and side mirrors in a contrasting color,

This to me is the ultimate Porsche and the four color combos go back to the days of Porsche racing colors........this is a ***** out car and the colors are so in your face.....this car is just different in these days where so many cars look alike and even those that are customize look like every other customized car,

Leave it to Porsche for doing something so totally different
Attached Thumbnails Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa-wallpaper4_800x600.jpg   Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa-997gt3rs2qh5.jpg   Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa-wallpaper5_1600x1200.jpg  
Old 11/19/06, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by DavidM
Hey bob whats up with the porsche?

Paul your right, I think that there is not much diff. in the tuners and it depends on where/who you get the tunes from. Do the guys at brenspeed or bama do tunes for the Diablosport as well as the SCT?

Brenspeed does both SCT and Diablo. Brent is great. His customer service is #1 and the best I have ever seen. He used to be super protective of his tunes like Paul said but he is now sending stuff via email if you need to change a tune and you are an existing customer. Also, I have heard of him paying to ship the tuner back to him to add new or different tunes. Can't beat that.
Old 11/20/06, 09:47 AM

I believe Bama only carries SCT. But the Customer service is top notch too!

Jeff: Good to hear Brent lightened up on emailing the files. I knew he'd have to change his ways to stay competitive.
Old 11/20/06, 10:48 AM

Hmmmm...., all good information. I still can't decide which one to go with though. But I probably wont get anything until after Christmas anyhow. So that said I have a little more time to research my decision. I did however find a place selling the C&L racer kit with the diablosport or sct for 539.95. I'm hoping this is not a holiday price and I can still get it for that price after the holidays.
Old 11/20/06, 11:53 AM

Where ?????????

Nice to see the club name at the bottom of your signature.....

I don't know how Paul is getting everyone to use blue...excuse me...he will say it is VISTA BLUE.
Old 11/20/06, 01:00 PM

That's right.... Get it straight Bobby!
Old 11/20/06, 01:59 PM

Bob,
here is the link to lightningforceperformance.com
They have the best price that I have found so far on the C&L kit with diablo or SCT tuner.

http://lightningforceperformance.com...&cPath=235_191

And just because I wouldn't want you to feel bad I changes my color to more of a Performance white hue on my club tag.
Old 11/20/06, 04:15 PM

Well after careful consideration I have decided so as not to offend anyone in the group I have changed my club tag to red white and blue with grey accents
Old 11/21/06, 07:49 AM

Man... Just by changing the color, you just gained 1/2 sec on your 1/4 mile time...
Old 11/21/06, 08:54 AM

I was hoping that by using red white blue and grey I would absorb all the power and bling from the other members rides, making my ride the fastest and best looking......kindov like that old series (can't remember the name) where the guy would hunt down the immortals and take their power after he took their head.
Old 11/21/06, 06:10 PM

David.....You don't want my head,

At Lightning Force Performance I don't think those combo - CAI & Tuners have tunes already installed---do you ?

If not then you would have to buy tunes and at Bamas that would be $185. which would be a total of $725. The combos from Bama and Breenspeed would be cheaper,

Also found out the C & L Racer puts out 3-4 less hp than the original C & L

Any intake tube over 88mm is just taking up space and offers no increase in speed and some even lose power,

If you add engine mods down the road then the Racer is the way to go,

Stay tuned for more info,

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD THANKSGIVING
Old 11/22/06, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by T Town Bobby D
David.....You don't want my head,

At Lightning Force Performance I don't think those combo - CAI & Tuners have tunes already installed---do you ?

If not then you would have to buy tunes and at Bamas that would be $185. which would be a total of $725. The combos from Bama and Breenspeed would be cheaper,

Also found out the C & L Racer puts out 3-4 less hp than the original C & L

Any intake tube over 88mm is just taking up space and offers no increase in speed and some even lose power,

If you add engine mods down the road then the Racer is the way to go,

Stay tuned for more info,

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD THANKSGIVING

Did you really mean to say the Racer puts out 3-4 less than the original? How can that be if it is a plastic, therefore cooler, inlet tube...??? Just curious.

David-Buy from Brenspeed, you won't regret it. If you add a mod that was purchased from him he will send you a new tune for free.
Old 11/22/06, 01:43 PM

Jeff, I was wondering the same thing on the racer system. I have heard no such claims. Furthermore as I am planning on upgrading the cams or heads as well as the exhaust and possibly adding a supercharger later on down the road I think that the racer version will work fine.. I don't see how the larger inlet tube could make 3-4 less hp. And 3-4 hp could be lost due to impropper tire pressure. In other words 3-4 hp is not noticeable. Also the plastic tube IMHO would make more power at the track on hot days due to a lack of heat soak in the intake track.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!
Old 11/22/06, 02:20 PM

Good article... http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...ke/index1.html This one of the reasons I picked the JLT.
Old 11/22/06, 04:16 PM

" The tests show that on a unmodified car yes the Racer doesn't make as much power but were only talking about 3 - 4 hp difference. If you do some other mods like headers, cams, and CMRC delete plates then the Racer will outperform the C & L street intake."

" On a normal daily driver the largest CAI you can really benefit from is around 88mm, anything more than that and you are just wasting space in your engine compartment as you'll not make anymore power and could possibly loose a few."

Response from Doug owner of Bama Chips to my inquiry,

Reason I ask Doug was on other forums dyno runs had shown 5 to 6 hp difference between Racer and Street models. What is the difference in heat between plastic and alluminum ? Have not been able to find an answer as yet, but one of the reasons engineers like aluimun is for the strength, weight and ability to get rid of heat.
Old 11/22/06, 04:30 PM

" The tests show that on a unmodified car yes the Racer doesn't make as much power but we are only talking about 3 - 4 hp difference. If you do some other mods like headers, cams, and CMRC delete plates then the Racer will outperform the C & L street intake."

" On a normal daily driver the largest CAI you can really benefit from is around 88mm, anything more than that and you are just wasting space in your engine compartment as you'll not make anymore power and could possibly loose a few."

Response from Doug owner of Bama Chips to my inquiry,

Reason I ask Doug was on other forums dyno runs had shown 5 to 6 hp difference between Racer and Street models. What is the difference in heat between plastic and aluminum ? Have not been able to find an answer as yet, but one of the reasons engineers like aluminum is for the strength, weight and ability to get rid of heat.

Who gets cooler air ?
Jeff = all aluminum
Paul = plastic and aluminum
David = Racer all plastic

Quick Reply: Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa