Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/07, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rest assure... She's tuck away in the garage.

I just got back from Blockbuster and Reasors. What a mad house! It is definitly starting to freeze on the cars. Won't be long before the roads will freeze. After I go get T-Bone (Tyler), I'm in for the weekend.
Old 1/12/07, 12:39 PM

Mine is now tucked away safely in the garage. Had to drive home from downtown though. She has a lot of ice on her, but it will melt soon in my warm garage.

Here's the topic of the day: Finally watched part of the MMFF DVD. I was always taught that if it look like BS and smells like BS then it is BS. How can a stock car dyno at 279 from the factory? BS
Does a throttle body really add 7hp? If so, why aren't more people using it? That dyno must be off or something. I haven't watched past the TB but plan to do so later this weekend. As soon as my car thaws out I am going to go put the mufflers on.

JH
Old 1/12/07, 07:28 PM

Man I sure miss the Explorer 4X4 in this weather.
Old 1/12/07, 07:33 PM

Good job on the pre form web site. I like the ideas being tossed around for the calendar of events for this year. However I agree that we should be careful how many events we include as I am sure that too many will give us all a headache. IMHO we should have a solid commit. to only the few main shows/events that we know about and then have an open schedule for the remainders. I like bobs idea of the cruise and eat. I was thinking that we could do sort of the same thing when I mentioned the float trip. I was thinking that we could all cruise to Tahlequah and do a overnight with float the following morning then a cruise back to Tulsa.
Old 1/14/07, 04:47 PM

Discovered that if I pin my shoulders against the wall and then lift my right leg up just slightly when I launch I hit the opposing wall with much more speed.
Old 1/14/07, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by T Town Bobby D
Discovered that if I pin my shoulders against the wall and then lift my right leg up just slightly when I launch I hit the opposing wall with much more speed.

OK, Bob, I'll bite. What the hell are you talking about?

I hate mufflers. Finally got my FRPP GTAs on. Thanks for all your help Paul. Also, I still have the alignment slightly off. It's better but not 100% yet. I also only have 1 bolt on the upper hanger bracket on the right side. We'll need to adjust that this week and then the mufflers will be 100%! Sounds awesome and much deeper sound. I love the change. UDPs here I come!

JH
Old 1/15/07, 05:41 AM

I second that Bob... Whaaat up wit tat?

Cool on the mufflers Jeff. Glad I could help as much as I could via phone. We'll get them 100%...

Everyone still have power? If you don't respond, I'll take that as a "no". I got out yesterday to take T-Bone to his Mom's. Roads were crap. Becareful if you have to get out.
Old 1/15/07, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by 2006GT
I second that Bob... Whaaat up wit tat?

Cool on the mufflers Jeff. Glad I could help as much as I could via phone. We'll get them 100%...

Everyone still have power? If you don't respond, I'll take that as a "no". I got out yesterday to take T-Bone to his Mom's. Roads were crap. Becareful if you have to get out.

Still have power. Stuck at home still. The roads in Owasso are crap so I am not going to try and get to work this morning. Thankfully they closed TU for MLK Day and the weather. Hopefully the roads will get better today so I can make it to class tomorrow.
I keep watching the weather and news for road updates. The interstates are clear but everywhere else is crap. Regardless, the GT is staying inside until the roads are completely clear of ice and sand. I will be using the wife's car until then.

Quick statement about the MMFF dvd Paul. They ran a 13.35 with a "bone stock" GT. Sound like crap to you? That track must have been amazingly prepped or something. I've never seen anyone do that "bone stock."
Old 1/15/07, 08:10 AM

Thankfully I still have power however am still iced in for the day. No wife to borrow a car from so I have to take the pony out in the "crap". I hope that tomorrow will be a little bit clearer than today.

Jeff, The 13.35 isn't too far off from the time that I was able to run in stock trim. I wonder though if they were using slicks? I believe that I could have gone even quicker with slicks so I would have to say that a 13.35 is possible in stock trim. I would think that sticky tires would be worth at least 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile. It is also possible that they were able to remove some weight from the car in some form or another that could have helped the time, still calling the car "stock".
Old 1/15/07, 09:01 AM

Say what.....it is time for what ?

These walls are moving....I see them, they think I don't see them but I do

I hit a 12.23 on my last run...may have cracked the wall though

angled driveway, angled yard.......not good, not good at all

Oh....have to go, The View with Rosie is on...now that is one hot woman
Old 1/15/07, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by T Town Bobby D
Say what.....it is time for what ?

These walls are moving....I see them, they think I don't see them but I do

I hit a 12.23 on my last run...may have cracked the wall though

angled driveway, angled yard.......not good, not good at all

Oh....have to go, The View with Rosie is on...now that is one hot woman

So, do we have a little bit of cabin fever Bob? Can't say I blame you. This ice sucks and I hope it goes away quickly.

Paul, did Randy ever get you that logo?

Dave, as to the stock 13.35, I don't think they ran on slicks but I will watch it again. I don't think it is impossible but it is VERY hard with the crappy tires. They said on the video that he launched it at 5000 rpms. BTW, what the hell is meant but "I slipped the clutch?" Isn't 5000 a little high? I have tried at 1500, 2000, and just off idle.
Old 1/15/07, 04:21 PM

Jeff, If they launched it at 5000 rpm they had to be using slicks or dot cheater slicks. With slicks you have to launch at a high rpm or you will bog badly. 5000 seems about right for slicks. As far as slipping the clutch what they are talking about is finding that perfect combination of let off that dosen't place a "shock" to the driveline at launch. You want the "hit" on the tires and driveline to be smooth. Even when using street tires you dont want that hard hit to the tires so you have to "slip" or let the clutch out without dumping it. Sortov like driving off from a stop sign, just a lot quicker. The last time we were at the track when I ran the .55 I was launching at around 2000 rpm "slipping" the clutch. If you have ever seen someone break an axle or tranny at the track it is usually because they dumped the clutch at launch. I would be very surprised if they were able to run the .35 without sticky tires.

Bob, I think you need a visit to nurse ratchet.
Old 1/16/07, 07:06 AM

Bob... Check your medication...

Jeff... still no word or logo from Randy.

David/all... David is right. Good explaination. David was able to get close to that 13.3 time but also keep in mind he had the drop-in k&n. The k&n alone will not improve your times by more than a .10 of a sec. The biggest aid in your time was the weather and your driving. Nice cold air and a good driving got you that time. David got skills....

I did watch the video. I thought the time of 13.35 was a little too good to be true. I actually rewinded it to make sure I saw it correctly. Either that guy driving is one heck of a driver and probably holds the world record for the lowest ET of a stock S197 or there was a fudge factor involved.

Also keep in mind, all those parts manufactures sponsor the magazine, sooooooo.... they have to show some gain.

All in all... I think if that guy was driving a Vista Blue stock Stang... He would of hit 12's....
Old 1/16/07, 07:47 AM

The weather folks are now talking rain this Saturday and chance of snow Sunday.
Old 1/16/07, 08:23 AM

Wonderful....
Old 1/16/07, 08:24 AM

Please review, comment, add, modify, delete, discuss, the attached documents.....this is just a continuation of what I did earlier.

# The first attachment is a list of events by category and hassle factor..
Categories would be shows, racing, social and etc.
Hassle factor would be one * easy
two ** would be work and etc.
Dates are best guess or suggestions that I will finalize after your review

# The second attachment is events by month.
"Davids parking lot" is the idea David brought up about the super size parking lot at 71st. and Memorial. I just feel that there could be something really great and have proposed that we have a car meet designed after these Saturday California Saturday park and talk gatherings. Many local auto clubs meet for breakfast on Saturday mornings around 8 am., we would have ours between 10 till ?. Somewhat like BYB, but on a Saturday, no biggy for us, just get the word out and maybe have a roach coach and that is all.

# Last one is a list of events and my suggestions on who would do what.

After you guys review I will make the changes and bring final drafts to our next meeting, so please take some time and lets come up with what we want to do with the club.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
CLUB EVENTS.doc (23.5 KB, 192 views)
EVENTS BY MONTH.doc (23.5 KB, 192 views)
PROJECTS AND ASSIGNMENTS.doc (20.5 KB, 333 views)
Old 1/16/07, 04:09 PM

Looks real good Bob! I need more explaination on the "David's parking lot".... My Saturday's will be limited this this year due to Dive Master training.

The weather is not looking good for this weekend... Look at Saturday... http://www.srh.noaa.gov/forecast/Map...te=OK&site=TSA
Old 1/17/07, 07:06 AM

Well... Maybe we should postpone the meeting until July.... chaeck this out:
THE LATEST COMPUTER MODEL RUNS HAVE PAINTED A DIRE PICTURE FOR
THIS COMING WEEKEND. AN UPPER TROUGH WILL INTERACT WITH DEEP
MOISTURE THAT WILL BE IN PLACE ACROSS THE REGION. WITH SUBFREEZING
AIR AT ALL LEVELS THIS SHOULD BE A SNOW EVENT FOR ALL BUT EXTREME
SOUTHEAST OKLAHOMA WHICH MAY EXPERIENCE A WINTRY MIX. CURRENT
MODEL QPF WOULD INDICATE SNOW ACCUMULATION OF UP TO 8 INCHES FOR
AREAS ALONG AND NORTH OF INTERSTATE 40...INCLUDING THE GREATER
TULSA AREA.
Old 1/17/07, 09:13 AM

Let's have a giggle... http://www.glumbert.com/media/spiders
Old 1/18/07, 06:49 AM

Hello? Is this thing on???

Looks like we may have to push our meeting out another week.

Quick Reply: Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa