Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/06, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep. The only one in town.
Old 11/15/06, 06:35 AM

I should be there -11:30 Hooters 61st and Memorial.
Man, what could be better than mustangs and hooters?

Ok, well a couple of things come to mind but it still sounds fun! can't wait.
Old 11/15/06, 06:39 AM

Hey guys I am going to get my car tagged today and was hoping to pick your brains for a good vanity plate.

Any suggestions?
Old 11/15/06, 01:43 PM

Remember you have to come up with seven in your preference order and then the tag people take your first choice and if nobody else has it then you get it, if somebody else does then they go to your second choice..
Old 11/15/06, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by 2006GT
Yep. The only one in town.
Ok guys, I spoke with the wife and she is not happy at all about us meeting or rather my going to Hooters. Would it be possible for us to choose a different restaurant so I can attend? Read between the lines: Hooters=No Jeff.

Thanks for the consideration.

Jeff
Old 11/15/06, 03:31 PM

How about Denny's on down Memorial towards 71st, not the greatest food but plenty of room and time to talk......
Old 11/15/06, 05:25 PM

So I guess Night Trips is out of the question... Dennys? C'mon Bob... How about Fox and Hound (Just north or 71st on Garnett)?

Jeff: I'm not going to mention a whip cracking, a ball and chain... or anything like that. Don't worry... Love ya buddy.

David: Try this site. http://www.coolpl8z.com/top-100-best...late-ideas.php for ideas.
Old 11/15/06, 06:22 PM

Paul thanks for the site. Man what I just shelled out for a little tin and a sticker could have bought a lot of go fast or bling. I hate taxes! I got the form for the vanity thing so I will ponder a while and get together a list of ones that I could live with and hope for the best I guess.

Still trying to decide on a meeting place I see. Well, when you guys decide let me know and I'll be there. No preference here. I think it may be wise to pick someplace quiet so we can think and talk without a lot of distractions. Mabey it's a good thing that hooters is out? Did I really just say that? LOL
Old 11/15/06, 06:38 PM

This is a good start, can't even agree on where to meet.......

Do we want a good meal ?

Do we want a quiet place where we can talk and not have people look at us and wonder when are we leaving since we have eaten ?

Or is there a combination of the above ?
Old 11/15/06, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by T Town Bobby D
This is a good start, can't even agree on where to meet.......

Do we want a good meal ?

Do we want a quiet place where we can talk and not have people look at us and wonder when are we leaving since we have eaten ?

Or is there a combination of the above ?
I think a combo. Fox and Hound would be a good place. It shouldn't be too loud and the food is pretty good. What do you all think?

Jeff
Old 11/16/06, 04:59 AM

You got a winner, see everyone at 11:30 Saturday........
Old 11/16/06, 04:52 PM

E - mailed Matt a week ago and have heard nothing, he has not posted on the Mustang Source site for months.......anybody know anything ?

Paul, if you still have his card why don't you call him at work and see if you can find out anything on him.
Old 11/17/06, 07:20 AM

Strange.... I'll see if I can find his card and give him a call. Hope all is ok.
Old 11/17/06, 12:45 PM

Ok so looks like the fox and hound for sat at 11:30 am correct.
Old 11/18/06, 06:57 AM

Yep. See ya guys there.
Old 11/18/06, 02:55 PM

Hey guys great lunch. Good to see everyone.
Nice to meet you Bob. Love your blingmobile.

I think that it looks as if things are coming together quite nice.

I have a mod question for you guys. Is there anyway with the tuners to turn off/disable the TCS system? I am sick of having to switch the thing off everytime I start the car.
Old 11/18/06, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by DavidM
Hey guys great lunch. Good to see everyone.
Nice to meet you Bob. Love your blingmobile.

I think that it looks as if things are coming together quite nice.

I have a mod question for you guys. Is there anyway with the tuners to turn off/disable the TCS system? I am sick of having to switch the thing off everytime I start the car.

I have heard mixed answers on this one David. Some say with the SCT XCALII you can. I have heard that with the Diablo you cannot. I noticed in your signature you put Diablo. Paul and I both have XCALII's even though we have tunes from different tuners. Why did you decide on Diablo? I have heard a lot of 05-06 mustangers having problems with Diablo. Just curious.
Old 11/19/06, 08:20 AM

Lunch was good, but to have a plan to get this club up and running was better....

David, check these two sites out
www.bamachips.com
www.brenspeed.com
These are the two best tuners out there, Paul uses Bama and Jeff uses Brenspeed. You can buy a combo from each that includes a CAI, a tuner and 3 tune programs. Watch out for the prices, Brenspeed is cheaper on their combos.

Paul, it seems like we dropped a bunch of work your way, need help just let me know. When we get fliers to join the club I can get some blown up and try to get them shown at auto part stores, groceries and etc.
Old 11/19/06, 09:01 AM

Great to have lunch with everyone and get a gameplan going!

Here's what I know on the tuners... Jeff is right. SCT supports this and Diablo doesn't. The SCT will allow you to turn OFF the TCS as a defaut. HOWEVER you can't turn it back ON without retuning. Once it's OFF, it's OFF. I wish you could set it to default in the OFF position and turn it ON when you want to, but not so much...

The dif between the Diablo and SCT (besides the TCS feature mentioned above) is that the Diablo has better shift point mapping for cars with an Auto trans. Basically from all the stuff I read, SCT is better for manual trans. and Diablo is better for auto trans. Best thing to do is search this forum. TONS of stuff on these two.

Oh...The one thing neither of them do is give you the option to change your car color to Vista Blue. Which we all know is the fastest color.... Sorry. Had to get that in.
Old 11/19/06, 10:54 AM

Well I have spent the better part of the morning researching the differences in the SCT and the Diablo and here is what I seem to find as the concensus on the forums.
1. There is only a slight difference in either the SCT or the Diablo
2. The SCT is the better of the two for an auto car due to a shorter gap in the data program.(not sure here Paul but that seems to be what people are saying on the forum?)
3. The SCT seems to offer better user adjustment
4. The Diablo works great for most who have it
5. The SCT works great for most who have it
6. The SCT offers high speed data logging
7. If you plan on using a professional programmer it dosen't seem to matter which one you choose as both are good.
8. The SCT does offer the ability to disable the TCS
9. The Diablo offers the ability to control Fan on off and temp
10. The SCT does not offer the above.

Long story short I have spent three hours reading and have no definitive answer on which one to choose. I will say this though, MM&FF tests go a long way in my mind from past experience. So I think that I will see if I can find a real world comparo on the two somewhere in the pages. The forum seems to be full of both SCT owners and Diablo owners both claiming to be better than the other. I might get a Diablo just so we as a club can test the difference and let the world know the outcome because it's very confusing.....All in all I think either do a good job of finding those hidden ponies lurking beneath the hoods of our favorite pony car.

Quick Reply: Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa