Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/23, 11:36 AM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Originally Posted by Siber Express
I truly hope all is well during your surgery, we will be saying an extra prayer for you.
Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Wow sorry to hear about your diagnosis. My thoughts and prayers are with you and will hope and pray for the best outcome. Best advice I can give you is to look at this one step at a time and only be concerned with what you can control, the rest is in God's hands. But I know this is easy for me to say. I am sure I would have the same concerns as you. Stay positive.
Thanks guys, as I really need all the prayers and support as much as possible for a positive outcome.
The following users liked this post:
shaneyusa (7/22/23)
Old 7/16/23, 07:07 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Will definitely be keeping you in my prayers as well!!!
m05fastbackGT (7/17/23)
Old 7/16/23, 07:47 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Dang Rocky, I'm really sorry to hear that. Praying everything goes smoothly and you have a good outcome. I'm sure it will, we all psych ourselves out over stuff we don't know anything about and haven't dealt with, I'm the worst about that stuff.
m05fastbackGT (7/17/23)
Old 7/17/23, 06:04 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I also feel for your hubby as well...Hopefully he'll be able to pass the kidney stone and avoid surgery altogether... And speaking of surgery, after being diagnosed with having 7 small growths in my bladder, I'll be facing surgery for the first time in my entire life this upcoming Thursday to have them removed... Needless to say, it's going to be a very scary experience about being put under for the very first time, along with fear that something could possibly go wrong during the procedure... Then my worst fear will be whether or not the growths may be malignant and return following the surgery... I just hope to God that neither becomes a reality.
So sorry to hear this and my thoughts and well wishes are with you! I've only been put under once (when I had my tubes tied) and it was a scary thought beforehand too. Everything went fine but I was slow to come out of recovery. My hubby said he was getting worried because so many people went back after me and were leaving before me. Apparently my body just needed the extra rest
m05fastbackGT (7/17/23)
Old 7/17/23, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Will definitely be keeping you in my prayers as well!!!
Thank you, Gary!!!

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Dang Rocky, I'm really sorry to hear that. Praying everything goes smoothly and you have a good outcome. I'm sure it will, we all psych ourselves out over stuff we don't know anything about and haven't dealt with, I'm the worst about that stuff.
Thank you, Lee!!! Guess that I'm just really nervous and worried not knowing anything about going through a major surgery.... I'm sure that my urologist who will be performing the surgery has a very good track record who has many years of experience with this type of surgery...

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
So sorry to hear this and my thoughts and well wishes are with you! I've only been put under once (when I had my tubes tied) and it was a scary thought beforehand too. Everything went fine but I was slow to come out of recovery. My hubby said he was getting worried because so many people went back after me and were leaving before me. Apparently my body just needed the extra rest
Thank you, Jill... It's really good to know that I'm not alone knowing that you also know how scarry it felt when being put under for the very first time... I'm sure everything will go fine, just as it did for you...It's the coming out of recovery that I have the most fear over.

-Rocky
Old 7/17/23, 04:41 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
I also feel for your hubby as well...Hopefully he'll be able to pass the kidney stone and avoid surgery altogether... And speaking of surgery, after being diagnosed with having 7 small growths in my bladder, I'll be facing surgery for the first time in my entire life this upcoming Thursday to have them removed... Needless to say, it's going to be a very scary experience about being put under for the very first time, along with fear that something could possibly go wrong during the procedure... Then my worst fear will be whether or not the growths may be malignant and return following the surgery... I just hope to God that neither becomes a reality.
Wow, sorry to hear this Rocky. All the best my man.
I hope you have a complete and speedy recovery brother!!! Take care.
m05fastbackGT (7/21/23)
Old 7/18/23, 07:32 AM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts

Had to take my hubby to the ER Monday night (technically early Tuesday morning) with excruciating pain. His first kidney stone............but better him than me! Hopefully he will pass it soon so he won't have surgery and have it blasted. I felt so bad for him
I feel his pain! Most miserable pain there is....I am a 5 time victim of kidney stones. First was because I drank sweet tea like it was going out of style...I quite that cold turkey...then the others I finally figured out was dehydration related. The first time I had the sonic blast...every other time I've been able to pass them but I learned what to take to help that along. I remember having someone drive me to the hospital at well over 100mph telling them I'd pay the **** ticket, just get me there! The nurse before the procedure I had said she had both kidney stones and kids and the kidney stone pain was worse...I thanked her for the reassurance...LOL. Its pain so bad that it will make you vomit and there is NO way to make it go away.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine...keep a positive attitude and we'll be thinking of you.

I just got back from Detroit for the Motor City Foxfest show....had a great time but the roads aboslutely suck! The Michigan Left turn is annoying and they seem to have an obsession with a "Coney Island" I asked them if they realized that was a place in New York...it's just a Chili cheese dog. We also had an authentic Detroit dinner at a pretty sketchy sports bar...food and music was good but our first Waitress we call "Methanie" was tweaking and our last waitress we call "pinky" had an awful lot going on....picture a busted can of biscuits in pink with no underwear (yes we got a pic). The entire time all I could think about was if my wheels and or windows would still be there when we finished! Pleasant surprise that the cars were untouched. Once I get them downloaded I'll share some pics.
m05fastbackGT (7/21/23)
Old 7/18/23, 12:13 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by svopaul
I feel his pain! Most miserable pain there is....I am a 5 time victim of kidney stones. First was because I drank sweet tea like it was going out of style...I quite that cold turkey...then the others I finally figured out was dehydration related. The first time I had the sonic blast...every other time I've been able to pass them but I learned what to take to help that along. I remember having someone drive me to the hospital at well over 100mph telling them I'd pay the **** ticket, just get me there! The nurse before the procedure I had said she had both kidney stones and kids and the kidney stone pain was worse...I thanked her for the reassurance...LOL. Its pain so bad that it will make you vomit and there is NO way to make it go away.
Sounds familiar. He was MF'n this and that telling me to put my flashers on and get him to the MF'n hospital, lol. Thankfully, it's only about 7 miles to the hospital so we were there pretty quickly. He keeps hearing all of these war stories from people and their experience with the surgery (or more so the stent removal) so he really wants to pass it on his own. But then there was the story from a friend about his father and his stone got stuck while trying to pass it so he had to have emergency surgery and they had to cut his peen open to get it out........

Got my four wheeler back and running. Needed some carburetor work so a friend gave her a once-over and cleaned her up with some SC1. Never heard of the stuff before, but she looks brand new again and not like her 10 years!

Stage_3 (7/18/23)
Old 7/18/23, 01:14 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Sounds familiar. He was MF'n this and that telling me to put my flashers on and get him to the MF'n hospital, lol. Thankfully, it's only about 7 miles to the hospital so we were there pretty quickly. He keeps hearing all of these war stories from people and their experience with the surgery (or more so the stent removal) so he really wants to pass it on his own. But then there was the story from a friend about his father and his stone got stuck while trying to pass it so he had to have emergency surgery and they had to cut his peen open to get it out........

Some of the worst pain I ever had as well. I literally thought I was dying. Was at the store by myself when it hit first and I just told them I got to go and left in the middle. Almost passed out a couple times trying to drive home.

Did they give him that med they use to dilate the ureter? Can't remember what it was but mine finally passed pretty easy coming out with that and it was pretty big. Pissed through a paint filter for days to catch it.

The following 2 users liked this post by Rather B.Blown:
m05fastbackGT (7/21/23), Stage_3 (7/18/23)
Old 7/18/23, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Wow, sorry to hear this Rocky. All the best my man.
I hope you have a complete and speedy recovery brother!!! Take care.
Thank you Tony! This means more to me than you'll ever know my brother!!!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine...keep a positive attitude and we'll be thinking of you.
I will do my best to keep a positive attitude and appreciate keeping me in your thoughts.
Stage_3 (7/18/23)
Old 7/18/23, 03:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
I feel his pain! Most miserable pain there is....I am a 5 time victim of kidney stones. First was because I drank sweet tea like it was going out of style...I The nurse before the procedure I had said she had both kidney stones and kids and the kidney stone pain was worse.
Even getting kicked in the ***** is worse than giving birth. I've never heard a man say "I think I'd like another."
The following 2 users liked this post by HoosierDaddy:
m05fastbackGT (7/21/23), Stage_3 (7/18/23)
Old 7/18/23, 04:07 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,862 Likes on 2,112 Posts
I Have Had Diverticulitus Attacks That Were More Painful Than My Heart Attack! Just Another on My List of Defects! I already Have Chronic Pain 24/7 From Fybromyalgia. Ain't It Fun! But I give Thanks I Can Still Do Anything these Days!

Is diverticulitis very painful?
However, the pain associated with diverticulitis is constant and severe, rather than intermittent. It is most likely to occur if you have previously had symptoms of diverticular disease, and develops over a day or 2. Other symptoms of diverticulitis can include: a high temperature (fever) of 38C (100.4F) or above.

It is The Worst Pain I Have Personally Experienced. Like a Flaming Hot Icepick Getting Stabbed into Your Intestines. Not To Say it's Easier or Worse Than My Peer's Experiences, Just What I Have Experienced.

Mgb,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 7/19/23 at 03:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
m05fastbackGT (7/21/23), Stage_3 (7/19/23)
Old 7/18/23, 04:10 PM
Service Manager

I had the sonic blast...the other is where they go up after it with a basket and THAT is the miserable one...then you have to pull the thing out yourself. Tell him to make sure they give him a prescription for Flowmax...it enlarges the urinary tract and makes it easier to pass the stone/stones provided they are not massive in size. This has worked for me and even allowed me to pass one the night before I had scheduled surgery the dreaded way so it was like a stay of execution call from the governor! They don't always prescribe this, the last time I was at the ER with this issue I had to ask for it. Now I keep it on hand just in case!

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Even getting kicked in the ***** is worse than giving birth. I've never heard a man say "I think I'd like another."
Exactly!
Old 7/18/23, 05:19 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I had the sonic blast...the other is where they go up after it with a basket and THAT is the miserable one...then you have to pull the thing out yourself. Tell him to make sure they give him a prescription for Flowmax...it enlarges the urinary tract and makes it easier to pass the stone/stones provided they are not massive in size. This has worked for me and even allowed me to pass one the night before I had scheduled surgery the dreaded way so it was like a stay of execution call from the governor! They don't always prescribe this, the last time I was at the ER with this issue I had to ask for it. Now I keep it on hand just in case!

Exactly!
Flowmax, that's what I was trying to remember above that they gave me.
m05fastbackGT (7/21/23)
Old 7/18/23, 06:24 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Some of the worst pain I ever had as well. I literally thought I was dying. Was at the store by myself when it hit first and I just told them I got to go and left in the middle. Almost passed out a couple times trying to drive home.

Did they give him that med they use to dilate the ureter? Can't remember what it was but mine finally passed pretty easy coming out with that and it was pretty big. Pissed through a paint filter for days to catch it.
Yes, flomax, ibuprofen, and oxy. I don’t think there is any way he could have driven himself. He has a strainer, lol

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
At least that pain goes away quicker than labor pains!

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I Have Had Diverticulitus Attacks That Were More Painful Than My Heart Attack! Just Another on My List of Defects! I already Have Chronic Pain 24/7 From Fybromyalgia. Ain't It Fun! But I give Thanks I Can Still Do Anything these Days!

Is diverticulitis very painful?
However, the pain associated with diverticulitis is constant and severe, rather than intermittent. It is most likely to occur if you have previously had symptoms of diverticular disease, and develops over a day or 2. Other symptoms of diverticulitis can include: a high temperature (fever) of 38C (100.4F) or above.

It is The Worst Pain I Have Personally Experienced. Like a Flaming Hot Icepick Getting Stabbed into Your Intestines. Not To Say it's Easier or Worse Than My Peer's Experiences, Just What I Have Experienced.

Mgb,

KC
I want to say that I think TX Gary had that once and was in the hospital

Exactly!
He was given one for it and hopes to pass it soon!
m05fastbackGT (7/21/23)
Old 7/19/23, 01:24 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Yes, flomax, ibuprofen, and oxy. I don’t think there is any way he could have driven himself. He has a strainer, lol

At least that pain goes away quicker than labor pains!

I want to say that I think TX Gary had that once and was in the hospital

He was given one for it and hopes to pass it soon!
The one I had was about the size of an apple seed and shaped like a tear drop. But the small end was pointed and sharp as a tack.

It felt the size of a raisin working it's way through lol. But didn't hurt at all when it actually came out, must have been turned just right, round end first I guess. And the flowmax too probably.
m05fastbackGT (7/21/23)
Old 7/19/23, 03:09 PM
Service Manager

The one I had was about the size of an apple seed and shaped like a tear drop. But the small end was pointed and sharp as a tack.

It felt the size of a raisin working it's way through lol. But didn't hurt at all when it actually came out, must have been turned just right, round end first I guess. And the flowmax too probably.
The major pain is while it passes through the kidney, actually passing it isn't anything compared to that. But the sensation of having to pee constantly is aggravating!
m05fastbackGT (7/21/23)
Old 7/19/23, 03:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

The major pain is while it passes through the kidney, actually passing it isn't anything compared to that. But the sensation of having to pee constantly is aggravating!
Not to mention pissing dark pink through a white paper paint strainer is a bit unnerving
Old 7/19/23, 06:58 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

His is 1/2 cm which I believe is on the small side.

That is what the urologist said about the pain too. His scan showed it being “right there” meaning ready to pass, I believe. Still nothing yet, lol.

Good luck tomorrow Rocky! Please let us know how you make out when you are feeling up to it.
m05fastbackGT (7/21/23)
Old 7/19/23, 07:29 PM

I most definitely will, Jill... My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 10:AM... They also said to bring my Bi-pap machine in case they need to keep me over for observation overnight.
08GTCandyApple (7/19/23)

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast