Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/28/14, 11:56 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro
Woohooo! Coming off the truck at the dealer right now.
Woo hoo! Congrats, VidPro!

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Nice!!!!

I'm still waiting! its any-day now that it should flip and move on to "awaiting shipment"
It should update soon, JoeMidnight.

Originally Posted by SGM SCOTT
What is the average time from production date to dealer delivery date? I just bought a 14 GT/SC with a production date of 5/15. How long until the dealer actually gets the car?
Welcome and congrats, SGM SCOTT! PM me with the VIN so I can get you the ETA.

Deysha
Old 5/28/14, 12:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sounds good, Deysha!

Question - considering I'm about 300KM from the plant where the cars being built, do you think they will just put my car on a truck for delivery or train?

Just curious ...
Old 5/28/14, 03:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car now shows in transit on the site! Deysha, is it true or has my fever come back?

EDIT: It also says that the "Awaiting Shipment" phase ended on May 14. Is it possible that it's been in transit for a week already? Cuz that would be awesome.

Last edited by lakeguy77; 5/28/14 at 03:59 PM.
Old 5/28/14, 04:44 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
So I'm picking up my car tomorrow and in the paperwork my dealer sent me my car has 74 miles, is that unusual? Deysha?

Last edited by VidPro; 5/28/14 at 04:45 PM.
Old 5/28/14, 05:41 PM
Cobra Member

So I'm picking up my car tomorrow and in the paperwork my dealer sent me my car has 74 miles, is that unusual? Deysha?

No worries man, i'm sure they weren't doing donuts before loading it up
Old 5/28/14, 05:47 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
No worries man, i'm sure they weren't doing donuts before loading it up
Old 5/28/14, 05:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Generally cars are picked at random and submitted to a ~50 mile extended quality check at the factory. A lot of people complained about it on here back when the 2005s and 2010s came out, and honestly I would too, but if it's being done at the factory I wouldn't mind.
Old 5/28/14, 05:51 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Ok cool. My first new car and I'm not sure what to expect. If my car was test driven at the factory that much I gotta assume everything is in working order.
Old 5/28/14, 06:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ok cool. My first new car and I'm not sure what to expect. If my car was test driven at the factory that much I gotta assume everything is in working order.
I hear ya, and same here. I'd like to hope that my car would arrive with 0 miles, but that just doesn't happen. They have at least 7-10 from being driven around the plant. So an extra 50-60 done by test engineers wouldn't bother me too much because they are professionals (hopefully).
Old 5/28/14, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38
I hear ya, and same here. I'd like to hope that my car would arrive with 0 miles, but that just doesn't happen. They have at least 7-10 from being driven around the plant. So an extra 50-60 done by test engineers wouldn't bother me too much because they are professionals (hopefully).
Those extra miles from the engineers wouldn't bother me; I'd be nice if they dropped something in the glove compartment "Hey, we randomly picked your car for a quality test. Hope you don't mind...everything works"

My first new car as well. Est. delivery was last Friday 5/23, I'm still waiting and it's driving me crazy.
Old 5/28/14, 10:01 PM

Deysha,

I used the GTSC Registry to hunt down a 14 Black GTSC Glass Roof car. It was produced on 5/15 and was delivered to the dealership today. It was a dealer trade between my dealer in KY and other ford dealership in KS. My dealer will be trailering out their 6 speed GTSC tomorrow and bringing my automatic back.

I've never found it so difficult to buy a car as I did trying to buy this car. A well known dealership in IN refused to do a dealer trade with mine "because it was a one off car and didn't want his salesmen to lose their commission" and another dealership in FL refused to sell to me because they only sell to state residents who were going to tag and insure the car in FL...................???????????

Let's hope the car is worth all of the aggravation I've put up with
Old 5/28/14, 11:45 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered mine as we couldn't find a Oxford White GT Auto with Glass Top Brembo and Charcoal 401a anywhere. I preferred to order one also. Dealer called me and said they expect my build to occur the week of the 9th. Wife and I are hoping it builds 06/12, as that's our wedding anniversary :-)

Maybe since we're right at the end of S197 production, I give permission to Ford to slip that extra special engine in mine! I'd love an extra powerful factory freak ;-). You know the one that has the CNC heads, Forged parts, experimental cams etc....hehehe

I also got my $750 Ford Email Coupon the other day! Bonus!

Last edited by Turbo302; 5/28/14 at 11:53 PM.
Old 5/29/14, 12:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Turbo302
I ordered mine as we couldn't find a Oxford White GT Auto with Glass Top Brembo and Charcoal 401a anywhere. I preferred to order one also. Dealer called me and said they expect my build to occur the week of the 9th. Wife and I are hoping it builds 06/12, as that's our wedding anniversary :-)

Maybe since we're right at the end of S197 production, I give permission to Ford to slip that extra special engine in mine! I'd love an extra powerful factory freak ;-). You know the one that has the CNC heads, Forged parts, experimental cams etc....hehehe

I also got my $750 Ford Email Coupon the other day! Bonus!
I was hoping for the last S197 but I ordered too early
Old 5/29/14, 06:01 AM
Cobra Member

Deysha,

I used the GTSC Registry to hunt down a 14 Black GTSC Glass Roof car. It was produced on 5/15 and was delivered to the dealership today. It was a dealer trade between my dealer in KY and other ford dealership in KS. My dealer will be trailering out their 6 speed GTSC tomorrow and bringing my automatic back.

I've never found it so difficult to buy a car as I did trying to buy this car. A well known dealership in IN refused to do a dealer trade with mine "because it was a one off car and didn't want his salesmen to lose their commission" and another dealership in FL refused to sell to me because they only sell to state residents who were going to tag and insure the car in FL...................???????????

Let's hope the car is worth all of the aggravation I've put up with
this is totally "normal practice" from any dealership you would go to. Typically, if this is too aggravating, you best bet is to buy what is on the lot and be happy with it, otherwise a dealership sales team will work for you and do what they can to find what you want across the country and work with other dealerships to do "even trades" and exchange hardware in order to get you what you want.

that's how it works.I've been there and done it as well as many others.

it also does suck and seem unreasonable that you encountered two other locations that weren't willing to do a trade with your salesguy. that's something that he should have kept to himself!

Last edited by JoeMidnight; 5/29/14 at 06:02 AM.
Old 5/29/14, 07:17 AM

The crazy part was I did all the work in finding the cars I was interested in. I wanted the GT/SC car and when they couldn't find or lock one down right then, they kinda indirectly tried to shift me to a GT car with different features that was 4K more. It seemed like they lost interest when I didn't take the higher priced car that was closer.

I also pissed them off when I asked for them to throw something into the deal that they had previously offered on a car that they couldn't deliver on. I was told that they had $750 markup on the car and it was costing them $1100 to trailer the cars back and forth. Does this seem right?

[QUOTE=JoeMidsnight;680880is is totally "normal practice" from any dealership you would go to. Typically, if this is too aggravating, you best bet is to buy what is on the lot and be happy with it, otherwise a dealership sales team will work for you and do what they can to find what you want across the country and work with other dealerships to do "even trades" and exchange hardware in order to get you what you want.

that's how it works.I've been there and done it as well as many others.

it also does suck and seem unreasonable that you encountered two other locations that weren't willing to do a trade with your salesguy. that's something that he should have kept to himself![/QUOTE]

Last edited by SGM SCOTT; 5/29/14 at 07:58 AM.
Old 5/29/14, 07:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Like others have said this is normal as they routinely pull cars for a quality control check. Also there should be a piece of paper explaining that inside the car when you get it.

They have a place at the factory to drive these cars.

Use Google maps and look at the factory.
Old 5/29/14, 07:26 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Sweet. I kind of like the fact my car was one that was pulled. I hope that paper is there. A few more hours and I go pick her up.
Old 5/29/14, 08:11 AM
Cobra Member

The crazy part was I did all the work in finding the cars I was interested in. I wanted the GT/SC car and when they couldn't find or lock one down right then, they kinda indirectly tried to shift me to a GT car with different features that was 4K more. It seemed like they lost interest when I didn't take the higher priced car that was closer.

I also pissed them off when I asked for them to throw something into the deal that they had previously offered on a car that they couldn't deliver on. I was told that they had $750 markup on the car and it was costing them $1100 to trailer the cars back and forth. Does this seem right?

yeah - there is an associate cost to them for transporting back and forth, when i had to go through this with my 2011 Elantra, i recall my sales guy saying that he was going to eat the costs to make the sale by finding what I wanted from another dealer. But I recall him saying it was a couple of hundred. 1,100 seems pretty high, but - I don't know what the distance is between both locations negotiating a trade on your side of things. It sucks that you did the leg work and in the end are feeling the pain in trying to get the car. it should really be a seamless experience. If I were you, I'd visit another dealership and work with someone that genuinely does want your business and is willing to go to bat for you rather than gripe about it. from what you're saying, it almost seems like you're "putting them out" because you know what you want in your car. It isn't worth it. find another dealership/sales guy, you never know. they might actually be able to find you something from other locations.

try out autotraderDOTcom as well. that's a pretty good place to start looking for what you want. tons of dealerships post their vehicles there as well.
Old 5/29/14, 10:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I have bought many cars and I will tell you that this is all to common. The dealer / sales guy wants to sell what is on there lot and not have to do much work. Work the deal on the car you want and have it transported to you. I have done this several times and it is easy. You can have a car transported across country for about $650 to $800 in a covered car carrier.

If it is not to far I have even had the sales guy drive it to me. That is how I got my last car. They drove it about 200 miles.
Old 5/29/14, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Wow that's kinda a long time! Mine has the Glass Roof too so I'm figuring that will make it take longer...
The glass roof is worth the extra wait. Got it on mine and I love it!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread