2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/13, 12:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crusty,
Congratulations on getting your car, I hope the weather warms up so you can really enjoy driving the car. Watch out for the throttle and clutch, the throttle is very touchy and it doesn't take much pressure to get you going, the clutch is very grabby until it breaks in, mine took about 300 miles to break-in and feels great now. You may also want to remove the clutch pedal assist spring in order to get a more linear feel throughout the pedal travel.
How to remove clutch assist spring.

Have fun and be careful.
Old 3/8/13, 12:48 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHOOP!
After much hem hawing and consternation over color I ordered one!
A white GT w/ Track Pack, Recarros, and floor trunk mat. Thats it.

then I got horribly overwhelmed with nerves.
so i called them back 20 minutes after leaving the dealership....

and changed the color to Deep Impact Blue

got it for $1K below Invoice and any available rebates when the car arrives plus a few of their B.S. fees. It should be a great driver!

Last edited by y5e06; 3/8/13 at 12:49 PM.
Old 3/8/13, 01:15 PM
GT Member

Deysha, sent you a PM. Hoping for a VIN
Old 3/8/13, 01:19 PM

Klink500,
I wasn't being disrespectful, just a little impatient...don't forget that we're the customers.
Old 3/8/13, 03:12 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for all the talk of the $750 coupon! I requested some info from the ford website and mine came in today! It looks like I can still use it with the X plan. It excludes all other plans, but says nothing about the X. Question for you guys though... It does state, "take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 4/23/13." Does that exclude me because I special ordered the car?
Old 3/8/13, 04:30 PM
Bullitt Member

My GT is currently waiting on a truck in PA somewhere, as per deysha. Still have an ETA of March 19. Feel like driving up to PA wherever it may be and driving it home, it would certainly be alot quicker that way! I also called my dealer to tell him not to drill the holes for the license plate bracket. here is NJ you have to have a front license plate. Im going to try to go without a front plate until i get pulled over. I hate the way the front license plate looks in the front =/
Old 3/8/13, 04:53 PM

New ETA 3/14 for our Ruby Red GT500 convertible! Thanks Deysha!!
Old 3/8/13, 05:42 PM

Klink500-The sales manager texted me a photo from his computer screen and it has my GT delivery date 3/28 and your GT 500 3/27.Just thought i'd share the info.I Dont know about you but the wait is killing me.
Old 3/8/13, 05:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Joey, You will find that there are little 'dimples' in the front bumper where the holes would be drilled. Those dimples are molded in at the factory so that the dealership can drill the holes in the right places. I was a little fussed when I first spotted them, but after I found out how and why they are there I'm okay with it. You have to get fairly close to see them anyway.

I also learned how to control my sound system a little more. I always play music from a USB thumb drive, but sometimes when I got in the car and started it back up it would come up playing an FM radio station. I learned that if I turn the key to position one and wait for just a second or two, the system recognizes that there is a thumb drive present. Then I start the car and it always comes up playing from the thumb drive now.

I suspect I'll still be learning about the car for a few weeks or more. In any event, it is great.
Old 3/8/13, 06:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by joey8
I also called my dealer to tell him not to drill the holes for the license plate bracket. here is NJ you have to have a front license plate. Im going to try to go without a front plate until i get pulled over. I hate the way the front license plate looks in the front =/
This was my solution to not drilling my front bumper.

No drill front bumper bracket.
Old 3/8/13, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Snoopy49
This was my solution to not drilling my front bumper.

No drill front bumper bracket.
Bingo! thats exactly what i plan on getting. It will cover up the two dimples from factory and ill still be able to remove if i want to. Thanks for that!
Old 3/8/13, 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Great Deal

Originally Posted by y5e06
WHOOP!
After much hem hawing and consternation over color I ordered one!
A white GT w/ Track Pack, Recarros, and floor trunk mat. Thats it.

then I got horribly overwhelmed with nerves.
so i called them back 20 minutes after leaving the dealership....

and changed the color to Deep Impact Blue

got it for $1K below Invoice and any available rebates when the car arrives plus a few of their B.S. fees. It should be a great driver!
You got it for $1k under invoice? How did u manage that?
Old 3/8/13, 07:20 PM
Bullitt Member

$750 Coupon??

I sent for my brochure nearly a month ago hoping to get the coupon but I have not received anything to date. My 2014 GT has an ETA of 3/20/13. Anyone have any extra coupons laying around?
Old 3/8/13, 08:07 PM

Found out last week that my car was to be built on Tuesday March 5. Called SVT on Wednesday and they confirmed that it had been built. The SVT rep told me that it was overly optimistic to think that I would get it by the targeted delivery date of 3/18, and that he said I should plan on minimum 3-6 weeks.

It arrived at the dealer today (Friday March 7) and we pick it up tomorrow at 2:00!
Old 3/8/13, 10:05 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by elkk
You got it for $1k under invoice? How did u manage that?
well, timing and patience. i'd been browsing for almost a year now. When I saw the 13s heavily discounted i took notice. i constantly search cars.com and auto trader for lowest price for base models and others of interest. this time i got lucky and found a local dealer w 14s near invoice. crazy, right? I emailed them w the invoice info i found on the pricing sheet here along w hold back info (3% for ford) then went in. a little song and dance and face time showing i knew what was up w pricing netted good results.

now i am just pulling for deeper mfg rebates and my personal cash coupon/brouchure
Old 3/9/13, 06:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by y5e06
well, timing and patience. i'd been browsing for almost a year now. When I saw the 13s heavily discounted i took notice. i constantly search cars.com and auto trader for lowest price for base models and others of interest. this time i got lucky and found a local dealer w 14s near invoice. crazy, right? I emailed them w the invoice info i found on the pricing sheet here along w hold back info (3% for ford) then went in. a little song and dance and face time showing i knew what was up w pricing netted good results.

now i am just pulling for deeper mfg rebates and my personal cash coupon/brouchure
Congratulations!! I wish I had you negotiate my deal... Now if they would just build it etc that would be nice.
Old 3/9/13, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Hibby
Found out last week that my car was to be built on Tuesday March 5. Called SVT on Wednesday and they confirmed that it had been built. The SVT rep told me that it was overly optimistic to think that I would get it by the targeted delivery date of 3/18, and that he said I should plan on minimum 3-6 weeks.

It arrived at the dealer today (Friday March 7) and we pick it up tomorrow at 2:00!
Wow nice man!!! I have a March 11 build! totally stoked!
Old 3/9/13, 08:15 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by elkk
I sent for my brochure nearly a month ago hoping to get the coupon but I have not received anything to date. My 2014 GT has an ETA of 3/20/13. Anyone have any extra coupons laying around?
I went through the same thing. Go request another one. Apparently they only send something after you request it twice. It has your name on it (at least mine does) so they aren't transferable.
Old 3/9/13, 12:01 PM
V6 Member

we're customers

Originally Posted by ctmonline
Klink500,
I wasn't being disrespectful, just a little impatient...don't forget that we're the customers.
I don't want to start anything here but are you saying Deysha should be doing more for you. She's Doing a service that don't even have to be done for you. It's the dealers job to let you know updates if you were to ask him. I say give Deysha a Big HIGH FIVE
Old 3/9/13, 12:31 PM
V6 Member

HIGH FIVE from me !!!!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread