Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/14, 09:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yorkinson
I ordered a sterling grey V6 Premium with medium stone auto MCA edition with electronic pkg, comfort pkg and rear video. I ordered on February 4th and have not talked to my dealer since. I just assumed he would call when my car was in. I guess tomorrow I need to find an order number and dealer number. Anything else that I should know?
Welcome and congratulations on your order! If you get the order number from your dealer a d message Deysha our great Ford rep she can let you know what's going on with your car. I would think it has to be getting close since it been close to 5 weeks now !
Old 3/10/14, 07:47 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by pctek
Greetings all. I am planning to purchase a 2014 GT premium in Deep Impact Blue in July. ...

Is there a cut-off date when I wont be able to order 2014? I assume there would be since the plants have to re-tool for the 2015's... Does anyone know?
Originally Posted by bztz4m
From what I was told by John Clor from Ford Performance. The 2014 Mustang production is scheduled to end on 6/20/14 but could be extended into July.
Originally Posted by puma1552
tentative end of production is 6/20, but tentative end of ordering is 3/28 so time to hurry!
Originally Posted by Slizzime
I also have heard orders will not be taken after this month to give enough time to finish building them before the switch. If you want to order exactly what you want you may want to do it sooner rather than later to be safe.
Welcome to the forum, pctek! The cut off on orders right now is the end of April, as long as your dealer has allocations, guys. Production is projected to end on 6/20/14, but they’re still subject to chance.

Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
Well mine has not showed up yet!
Dealer told me maybe Wendsday!
Knowing that the car has been sitting in a staging lot 70mi. from me since Monday is killing me!
They can contact the trucking company as well, ElkGroveFordGuy.

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
I ordered my 2014 on 3/5/14. according to the website, there is a 2000 rebate, another 1000 rebate and then another 1000 rebate from what i can tell online. ...
From all of the info I’ve gathered, all dealerships have the option to lock in incentives, disneyfun1. But, not all incentives are able to be protected. However, they all have the last say on incentives at the time of sale (unless expired).

You can verify eligibility with your selling dealer as all offers are subject to change. Your dealer can check any incentive that applies to you at the time of the sale in their system.

I ordered a sterling grey V6 Premium with medium stone auto MCA edition with electronic pkg, comfort pkg and rear video. I ordered on February 4th and have not talked to my dealer since. I just assumed he would call when my car was in. I guess tomorrow I need to find an order number and dealer number. Anything else that I should know?
Welcome and congrats on your order, yorkinson! Please PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

Welcome and congratulations on your order! If you get the order number from your dealer a d message Deysha our great Ford rep she can let you know what's going on with your car. I would think it has to be getting close since it been close to 5 weeks now !
Thanks for the mention, Slizzime!

Deysha
Old 3/10/14, 08:30 AM

Well, I got my order number dealer number and went to the Ford custom order website. My car just says ordered 2/4/14 and states that it is in order processing. Not sure why mine seems so much later than you guys. It is premium MCA version with nav. Don't know if any of that holds it up or not.
Old 3/10/14, 09:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Well, I got my order number dealer number and went to the Ford custom order website. My car just says ordered 2/4/14 and states that it is in order processing. Not sure why mine seems so much later than you guys. It is premium MCA version with nav. Don't know if any of that holds it up or not.
Make sure to pm Deysha with that info, she can get you the best and most accurate info on your car, that website is only a tester and not as nice as Deysha anyways .
Old 3/10/14, 09:17 AM

I did send her my info. Maybe she has better news. I also have a $750 certificate that expires on 3/31/14.
Old 3/10/14, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

I did send her my info. Maybe she has better news. I also have a $750 certificate that expires on 3/31/14.
I hope so. $750 better off going on the car in aftermarket mods!
Old 3/10/14, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mine finally went from In Processing to In Production and the link is up for my window sticker, but it doesn't load yet (Deysha said it should be up around the 12th). Glad to see some progress on the tracking site!
Old 3/10/14, 03:07 PM

Hi Deysha.

I am eligible for Z-Plan pricing, and my car is scheduled to be delivered this week.

My family member already generated a Pin for me, is there anything else I need to do?

Is there a way to see what my final price will be based off of my VIN?
Old 3/10/14, 03:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine finally went from In Processing to In Production and the link is up for my window sticker, but it doesn't load yet (Deysha said it should be up around the 12th). Glad to see some progress on the tracking site!
Good to hear Wish my order would get pulled already! I ordered mine the day after yours and I'm starting to think Ford forgot about me I just hope it will still make it before my $750 expires on 4/12!
Old 3/10/14, 03:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good to hear Wish my order would get pulled already! I ordered mine the day after yours and I'm starting to think Ford forgot about me I just hope it will still make it before my $750 expires on 4/12!
Should happen soon if you were a priority 10 and a retail order like mine I would think...Deysha has explained there's more to it than that but those are definitely factors.

I just checked again and now mine is the same with the exception that the Processing part has a "Completed on: 3/10/14" under it...maybe my window sticker will be up tomorrow.
Old 3/10/14, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Should happen soon if you were a priority 10 and a retail order like mine I would think...Deysha has explained there's more to it than that but those are definitely factors.

I just checked again and now mine is the same with the exception that the Processing part has a "Completed on: 3/10/14" under it...maybe my window sticker will be up tomorrow.
I hope so, it was a priority 10 from the dealer and I assume its a retail order, I'm wondering if the size of the dealer makes a difference as well.....they are not the largest in the area, but were the easiest to deal with and had the best pricing by far.
Old 3/10/14, 04:57 PM

I mentioned that my order was placed on 2/4/14 and I am "In Order Processing" with no vin or sticker link. I looked at the vehicle order confirmation I got from my dealer and I see a priority of 80. That is sure a long way from 10. I don't know if that can be changed now or if it is too late. I am dealing with a very small dealer and I also an not sure if Ford gives large dealers priority as well or not. Anyway I an not real enthusiastic today. But on the positive side I received a mailer today with a coupon for $750 private cash that expires on 4/21/14 so I should be good. It has the same number that was on my email private cash offer
Old 3/10/14, 05:23 PM

My car arrived at the rail yard in Maryland yesterday. Now waiting to be picked up by truck and taken to dealership. Should be there by Friday hopefully. Thanks for the info Deysha. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. Now I have to decide whether to make the 6 or 7 hour round trip to pick it up or pay 500.00 to have it delivered to me.
Old 3/10/14, 08:35 PM

Great News! My stang arrived at the dealership today just as Deysha predicted.... Finally after almost 14 weeks its here! Still need to wait another 2 days until I can take possession tho!

A few important questions for everyone before I do... I'd like to get everyone's opinion

1. They are trying to sell me the usual money grab on protection packages. They are offering paint, interior and a rust protection module package from Sym-tech. These all have life time guarantees. And are transferable should I ever sell.

Price: (in Canadian dollars which is about 10% more than the US dollar. 100US = 110CAN)
Paint protection: $249
Interior protection: $229
Rust inhibitor (Module): $499

Total: $977

Do you guys think any of these items are worth spending money on? Are they a scam or a waste or actually worth it?

2. Window tints: do you guys think its worth getting window tints at the dealership, quality wise and paying the extra money. I know I can goto any shop and get tints for like $100 bucks... The dealership is asking for $389.00. Do I go with them and avoid any bubbles?

Please let me know what you guys would do.

Thanks.
Old 3/10/14, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I mentioned that my order was placed on 2/4/14 and I am "In Order Processing" with no vin or sticker link. I looked at the vehicle order confirmation I got from my dealer and I see a priority of 80. That is sure a long way from 10. I don't know if that can be changed now or if it is too late. I am dealing with a very small dealer and I also an not sure if Ford gives large dealers priority as well or not. Anyway I an not real enthusiastic today. But on the positive side I received a mailer today with a coupon for $750 private cash that expires on 4/21/14 so I should be good. It has the same number that was on my email private cash offer
You got an updated coupon!?! Thats great!

I hope i get one sent to me if they delay my build much longer, hate to miss out on it.

Hopefully Deysha can get you some better info on your car, that does seem to be a bit extreme that you havent at least had the order pulled yet. Maybe it is a small dealer issue as with mine. If so Ford need to change their policy because the little guys are always much nicer to deal with!
Old 3/10/14, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by imgmoney
My car arrived at the rail yard in Maryland yesterday. Now waiting to be picked up by truck and taken to dealership. Should be there by Friday hopefully. Thanks for the info Deysha. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. Now I have to decide whether to make the 6 or 7 hour round trip to pick it up or pay 500.00 to have it delivered to me.
Congrats! If your not going to wait to drive it once it is delievered I would go pick it up. The trip back can be a nice slow cruise to get some easy break in miles out of the way!
Old 3/10/14, 09:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tycho
Great News! My stang arrived at the dealership today just as Deysha predicted.... Finally after almost 14 weeks its here! Still need to wait another 2 days until I can take possession tho!

A few important questions for everyone before I do... I'd like to get everyone's opinion

1. They are trying to sell me the usual money grab on protection packages. They are offering paint, interior and a rust protection module package from Sym-tech. These all have life time guarantees. And are transferable should I ever sell.

Price: (in Canadian dollars which is about 10% more than the US dollar. 100US = 110CAN)

Do you guys think any of these items are worth spending money on? Are they a scam or a waste or actually worth it?

2. Window tints: do you guys think its worth getting window tints at the dealership, quality wise and paying the extra money. I know I can goto any shop and get tints for like $100 bucks... The dealership is asking for $389.00. Do I go with them and avoid any bubbles?

Thanks.
First congratulations on your car showing up, 14 weeks is a long time!

I have never paid for the paint/rust extras, but then again all my new cars never see snow/salt. If your car is going to be driven in salt, which just eats cars up, it maybe worth it to you if you plan on keeping the car for many years. If you think you may be done with it in 5 years or so skip it.

As for window tint, if your talking the side glass only, anybody can do it with ease. Its the curved back window and or windshield that can be tricky for some people. Just make sure they are using quality tint and not cheap stuff as well.

Last edited by Slizzime; 3/10/14 at 09:08 PM.
Old 3/10/14, 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks.
1) All wastes of money. The paint protection is nothing more than a sealant, which is something you can buy off the shelf for about $40 and apply yourself just like wax, and just like wax, it will wear off over time and need to be redone. I seal my vehicles 1-2x per year with a bottle of GOOD sealant for $38. It's literally done just the same way as waxing. The interior stuff is the same thing, it's probably just Scotchgard, which you can also just buy a can yourself and do it. Rust inhibitor sounds like a gimmick.

2) Don't have the dealer do it, they are not professional window tinters. Go to a professional shop where you can choose from all kinds of tint films and have them installed by people who do that all day long. For $400 you can probably get 3M Crystalline.
Old 3/11/14, 07:06 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Make sure to pm Deysha with that info, she can get you the best and most accurate info on your car, that website is only a tester and not as nice as Deysha anyways .
Thank you, Slizzime!

I mentioned that my order was placed on 2/4/14 and I am "In Order Processing" with no vin or sticker link. I looked at the vehicle order confirmation I got from my dealer and I see a priority of 80. That is sure a long way from 10. I don't know if that can be changed now or if it is too late.
Thanks for the PM, yorkinson! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. BTW, your priority is 19.

Originally Posted by loudog_jon
Hi Deysha.

I am eligible for Z-Plan pricing, and my car is scheduled to be delivered this week.
My family member already generated a Pin for me, is there anything else I need to do?
Is there a way to see what my final price will be based off of my VIN?
Your sales manager is in the best position to assist you with this info, loudog_jon.

Originally Posted by imgmoney
You’re welcome, imgmoney!

1. They are trying to sell me the usual money grab on protection packages. They are offering paint, interior and a rust protection module package from Sym-tech. These all have life time guarantees. And are transferable should I ever sell. ...
Woo hoo! Congrats, Tycho! Also, you can check out our extended warranties here.

Deysha
Old 3/11/14, 07:10 AM
GT Member

are you able to find out what my priority number is? my order number is M001. on a sheet they gave me before i got the order number it said 90, i hope that is not right!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread