Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/13, 11:28 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
CSX must sub out westbound cars to Canadian National. They take them down through Indiana into Illimois and turn them over to BNSF.
CSX probably wasn't involved at all unless they have a logistics contract for all of Flat Rock's output. The plant is serviced by CN which has a moderately large yard right next door. East and southbound shipments would probably be taken to Toledo (guessing, only because it's the end of the CN trackage in those directions) where they would be interchanged with CSX for the large part and then, if necessary, to another road if CSX isn't sufficiently close to the destination.

Westbound (and maybe some southbound) traffic destined to take the long haul on BNSF would most probably be moved by CN to Portage, IN for interchange (with Chicago a lesser possibility). [I guess they could also use UP, interchanging in Chicago, or other roads, too] In this case CSX would most probably never touch the cars.
Old 2/27/13, 11:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Mine arrived at a CN junction point in Gibson, IN on the 17th and was received at a BNSF junction point in Bluisland, IL on the 18th. Interestingly, I used the CSX TouchTrace system to track the car, even though they never touched it.
Old 2/27/13, 01:21 PM
V6 Member

Mine arrived at a CN junction point in Gibson, IN on the 17th and was received at a BNSF junction point in Bluisland, IL on the 18th. Interestingly, I used the CSX TouchTrace system to track the car, even though they never touched it.
Because any rail car can currently be on any railroad (or just hanging out somewhere) the industry has a consolidated database of all rolling stock regardless of ownership or of current location. So you can actually use the CSX system to trace almost any car.
Old 2/27/13, 02:00 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Wait Continues...

I got my window sticker last week. The ETA is "supposed" to be March 12th but who knows? I seriously don't know how you guys do it. Anyways I'll take some pictures when I got to pick it up whenever it does come in. I'll keep you guys posted.

Last edited by Ian_289; 2/27/13 at 07:14 PM.
Old 2/27/13, 03:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Crusty_2014_GT500_Conv.
Deysha, thank you for the PM, I'll check back with you Thursday or Friday. In the meanwhile...
Hey Deysha, no rush about Joe's car status.....it's still snowing here.

Old 2/27/13, 05:02 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2014 arrived at the dealer today! Unfortunately, today is the first day of my hospital stay for a bone marrow transplant. I'll be in until mid-march! Good thing is, my sales guy (Mr. 05fordgt himself) is taking care of my car until I'm able to take delivery in 2-3 weeks. I am very happy to have something like this to look forward to. Man, I can't wait to see it in person!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-temp.jpg  
Old 2/27/13, 05:13 PM
Cobra Member

The good news is my car arrived at the dealership. The bad news is we were expecting the truck between 3 and 5, but by the time I got there at 2:45 it has already been and gone, so I did not get video of it coming off the truck.

The guy in this image is my salesman writing on the tape on the front bumper to remind the detail folks to NOT drill holes in the bumper.

The color is gorgeous and I'm really glad I went with the stone top and interior. What a dynamite color combination. I'll pick her up tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited by tukatz; 2/27/13 at 05:14 PM.
Old 2/27/13, 05:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats on the arrival of your ride, PA!!

Best wishes to you over these next few weeks, and be sure to let us all know how much fun you are having in your car near the end of March!
Old 2/27/13, 05:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not much sleep for you tonight, tukatz! ...and probably not much work tomorrow either!
Old 2/27/13, 05:17 PM
Bullitt Member

My dealership and salesmen have been great. When I went there to see another model in Ruby Red and it had been raining, they volunteered to pull it in and dry it off. I went back later to take another drive in a V6 without any performance upgrades and they just handed me the keys and said take your time. Yesterday, when we learned that my car would be another day before being trucked down, they volunteered to send someone up to get it. I told them that was not necessary, that I could wait one more day. Great people to work with.
Don't let the wash it either unless they are using the two bucket method. Tell them you didn't order the DIS (Dealer Installed Swirls) Package. They swirled mine to hell and back. Tell them to take the tape off and let daddy drive her home. Good looking vert!!
Old 2/27/13, 05:23 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks guys. My dealership was willing to try to rush it through and deliver it today, but I told them to take their time and do it carefully and I would pick it up tomorrow. I'm looking forward to reporting back on the first few days with her.
Old 2/27/13, 05:36 PM
V6 Member

Congradulations to both of you! Best of luck with your procedure PA-Fatboy. Hope you make a speedy recovery.
Old 2/27/13, 06:10 PM

Good luck on your procedure PA. I remember you said you ordered your car from Yocum Ford. I guess I live around your area. I ordered my GT at Bergey's Lincoln in Lansdale but it's being run through Bergey's Ford in Ambler. Maybe I'll catch you on the road sometime!
Old 2/27/13, 06:14 PM

Deysha, don't listen to Montreal ponies. The waiting is killing me...feels worst than when I quit smoking...if the wait keeps up I might actually break the 7 year battle and start again...lol...I seriously thought the styling bar I ordered from CDC was going to arrive after the Shelby..the bar arrived today.

So Deysha, show Montreal ponies your influence and try to get my Shelby on the next train home.
Old 2/27/13, 06:34 PM
Cobra Member

Hope all goes well with your hospital stay, PA. Take good care of yourself (and don't pinch too many nurses) so you can come out and enjoy that beauty.
Old 2/27/13, 06:50 PM
V6 Member

The color is gorgeous and I'm really glad I went with the stone top and interior. What a dynamite color combination. I'll pick her up tomorrow afternoon.
That is a gorgeous color combination. Of course, I'm prejudiced!

I originally was looking at the stone, too, but we are rural and the dust would make it look dirty all the time. So black was the "practical" choice.

Every time I take mine out I find something new and/or funky in the design (but never bad) that I didn't expect. For example, the weird cadence of the wipers after spraying the windshield, with thought, turns out to be such a simple solution to a problem we all have had for years.

Have fun tomorrow and be sure to drive at night (another set of unexpected treats, beyond the colors). I did about 200 miles the first day, all after 6 PM!

Enjoy!

And to PA-Fatboy, good luck tomorrow! I know of two people who have done that and they came through quickly and wonderfully. And they didn't even have a GT waiting for them when they went home!

Last edited by Kairho; 2/27/13 at 06:54 PM.
Old 2/27/13, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by PA-Fatboy
My 2014 arrived at the dealer today! Unfortunately, today is the first day of my hospital stay for a bone marrow transplant. I'll be in until mid-march! Good thing is, my sales guy (Mr. 05fordgt himself) is taking care of my car until I'm able to take delivery in 2-3 weeks. I am very happy to have something like this to look forward to. Man, I can't wait to see it in person!
Really nice looking car. I'm waiting for my Sterling Grey GT also. Deysha said it was ready on 2/20 but it had not left the plant as of last Friday. I'm hoping I get it soon!
Old 2/27/13, 08:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Kairho
That is a gorgeous color combination. Of course, I'm prejudiced!

I originally was looking at the stone, too, but we are rural and the dust would make it look dirty all the time. So black was the "practical" choice.
Hey, they're both Ruby Red so they are spectacular!
Old 2/27/13, 09:23 PM

Another Ruby Red Convertible

Hey, they're both Ruby Red so they are spectacular!
Tukatz - Congratulations on your new Mustang - I'm waiting on my own Ruby Red convert. as it's now sitting on my dealer's showroom floor (it's snowing now in NH and much snow, salt, etc. on the roads). It's great that that they're holding for me till roads get better . I'll be jealous of you driving while I wait out winter in New England. I think my car came down production line on same date as yours (build date 2/11). ENJOY IT. H.Birdman. 2014 Mustang GT Premium Convertible - Ruby Red - Saddle interior - 6 speed - Reverse sensing & Security - Comfort Pkg - Brembo Pkg
Old 2/27/13, 09:32 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks, Birdman. I'm sorry that you are still getting pasted. We are fortunate that while the winters can be depressing, we get very little snow and ice and it doesn't stick around long. Better yet, they don't salt the roads here.

Talk to your salesman about getting a printout of the full tracking history. It makes interesting reading. I've NEVER ordered a new car before (although I've bought new cars from inventory) and have really immersed myself in the process. I'm sure I've driven people crazy at times (right, Deysha?), but I wanted this to be a memorable process and it has been.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread