GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/06, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by don_w
People who rely too much on dyno numbers to make decisions really don't understand all the variables in play.
If that comment was directed this way...I'm not basing my decision solely on a dyno run. I, like most here, have read all the posts (some more useless than others) and understand the variables involved. But a dyno is one source of information.

If that comment was just in general then ignore the last paragraph.
Old 8/18/06, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bryman, look what you started....I haven't even seen you chime in since the beginning (though I might have missed it). Any comments (on the subject that is).
Old 8/18/06, 05:43 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,790 Posts
JR, I never implied that you were looking for trouble, However, I really didn't appreciate the comment you made, about thinking that I knew how your product worked, but that I really didn't..And again, I never said that I did..All I'm trying to get across here is, all I had to go on was the info. you provided me with, after each time I asked a question about your MAF electronics..Therefore, how can you expect me to fully understand, if you don't provide enough detail to rely on ?? And if you were concerned about your competition discovering your technology, you could have sent a private message or better yet, requested that I call you on the telephone..
Old 8/19/06, 01:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm actually glad I'm in no position to spend money (there's a first) just yet. Hopefully by the time I am, this whole debate will be settled. If the numbers are acurate, this is def. the setup I'm looking for.
Old 8/19/06, 08:36 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

J.R. Granatelli,

My specific issue with you is a lack of trust due to your attitude, presentation, and guile. And I know that you are cognizant of the numerous other people who also feel this same way.
You show up at various vehicle forums like a used car salesman barking about your products and prices, you dance around simple and straight forward questions, and you supply misleading technical data, all of which are insidiously done in order to increase your sales.

BTW, I strongly recommend that you refrain from attacking others with sexual comments. They make you appear boorish, uncivil, and unprofessional.
Old 8/19/06, 04:02 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
JR, I never implied that you were looking for trouble, However, I really didn't appreciate the comment you made, about thinking that I knew how your product worked, but that I really didn't..And again, I never said that I did..All I'm trying to get across here is, all I had to go on was the info. you provided me with, after each time I asked a question about your MAF electronics..Therefore, how can you expect me to fully understand, if you don't provide enough detail to rely on ?? And if you were concerned about your competition discovering your technology, you could have sent a private message or better yet, requested that I call you on the telephone..
You are right - like I said I got my signals crossed
Old 8/19/06, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by red06mustang
I'm actually glad I'm in no position to spend money (there's a first) just yet. Hopefully by the time I am, this whole debate will be settled. If the numbers are acurate, this is def. the setup I'm looking for.
The numbers are accurate
Old 8/19/06, 04:21 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ski
J.R. Granatelli,

My specific issue with you is a lack of trust due to your attitude, presentation, and guile. And I know that you are cognizant of the numerous other people who also feel this same way.
You show up at various vehicle forums like a used car salesman barking about your products and prices, you dance around simple and straight forward questions, and you supply misleading technical data, all of which are insidiously done in order to increase your sales.

BTW, I strongly recommend that you refrain from attacking others with sexual comments. They make you appear boorish, uncivil, and unprofessional.
Crafty? I agree I am cunning which is also guile. -

Contrary to your dissertation. To my knowledge you have never proffered any meaningful input relative to this topic. Rather, you continually spout nonsense and I believe as do the others that you attempt to steer the conversation in directions that are not renascent or pertinent to the topic. Your sophomoric comments have fallen on many deaf ears in most part due to your inability to volunteer consequential opinions.

Lastly, I am confused as to what sexual comments I have made. If I offended anyone other then SKI, and the Other guy that has nothing germane to add then I sincerely apologize
Old 8/19/06, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor

The one thing that always kills me about these message boards is when a poster acts like the advertisers are supposed to just sit around and take abuse under the auspices that it is unprofessional for us to stand up for ourselves
Old 8/19/06, 04:35 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,790 Posts
Originally Posted by Granatelli
You are right - like I said I got my signals crossed
Then who were you referring to about the comment, in question ??
Quote:
I agree with SKI - He has me on this but again like I said I have been holding out on all of the technology for fear that the competition will figure it out. I just don't see why I should do it all for them.

05GTRedfire claims he knows fully how my stuff works but he really does not. You guys go out and buy flashtools but you don;t know exactly what they are changing if you did then anyone could just mimic the same tune. That is how Superchips, Hypertech and DiabloSport ended up in a lawsuit. Hypertech sued Superchips and claimed Superchips hired their staff and copied thier parts. Then the superchips guy left to go to DiabloSport so Superchips sued DiabloSport. It is never ending.

Originally Posted by 05GTRedfire
I've never claimed I know fully how your stuff works, I only know it does. I understand the concept, but I'm positive I know nothing of the details. I've never used a flashtool either.

Sorry I mixed you up with m05fastbackGT - OOPS
First Mod Motor Mustang to 180mph and 190mph at NMRA Legal weight, Current record holder for fastest and quickest Mod Motor Mustang 6.93 @201.42, recognized leaders in Mustang Suspension components for 1979 to 2006 Vehicles, www.granatellimotorsports.com . Avenger Centrifugal Supercharger Coming Soon Quote:
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I'm well aware of how your product is calibrated or tuned for your intake tube through your MAF electronics, that wasn't the point I was trying to get across..my point was this, your product provides additional HP and Torque gains because of it's ablility to read larger amounts of airflow and again, I fully understand this.. However, when in comparison to a flash tuner is concerned ? not only does a flash tuner have the ability to read and allow for larger amounts of airflow, but in addition only a flash tuner has the ability to modify spark and fuel tables, increase throttle and torque response at both part and full throttle, remove both speed and rev limits, change fuel injector sizes, not to mention the ability to not only adjust for wide open throttle, but through the entire RPM band, at part throttle as well..Hell you can't even change tire sizes, without a tuner..Therefore, how can you even claim your product has the ability to make the same power, as a tuner ?? There is just no way that any CAI by itself, can provide the same power and abilities that only a tuner is capable of..And I don't mean to sound as though I'm being disrespectful or anything, but Ski, Don and Cleveland do bring up some very good points and that's just something, I canno't ignore...

Let me try to address this line by line. I think you have a grasp of how our product works but NOT Fully as you read on you will see why

I'm well aware of how your product is calibrated or tuned for your intake tube through your MAF electronics, that wasn't the point I was trying to get across..my point was this, your product provides additional HP and Torque gains because of it's ablility to read larger amounts of airflow and again, I fully understand this..
I think you have a grasp of how our product works but NOT Fully as you read on you will see why. However, when in comparison to a flash tuner is concerned ? not only does a flash tuner have the ability to read and allow for larger amounts of airflow, but in addition only a flash tuner has the ability to modify spark and fuel tables, increase throttle and torque response at both part and full throttle, remove both speed and rev limits, change fuel injector sizes, not to mention the ability to not only adjust for wide open throttle, but through the entire RPM band, at part throttle as well..
The Mass Airflow Sensor electronics we supply in our kits do read proper airflow at all times and therefore they do adjust injector timing at all throttle angles - Idle, full throttle and part throttle. As for spark tables, while a flash tool has the ability to make these changes more finitely, our calibrated MAF parts tell the ECM to true airflow which in turn changes the load tables and has the load tables change the timing changes as well. Again our customers that witnessed their dyno tests will confirm we monitored and data logged timing on all dyno runs and have the ability to alter the load tables - ONCE AGAIN not like a flash tool can but we do make changes - I only give this information now because you guys are beginning to get more educated based on read the other guys posts. (Like telling you all you know not all I know) There is more here then meets the eye boys and girls. I flash tool does not increase throttle response "per say" the changes that are made by the flash tool result in better throttle response. - You got me on the rev limiter and gear changes but again neither of those makes more HP.
Therefore, how can you even claim your product has the ability to make the same power, as a tuner ??
I never said "it could" I said what our product did.
I'm being disrespectful or anything, but Ski, Don and Cleveland do bring up some very good points and that's just something, I canno't ignore...
I think what even here is asking is what is there point? None of them have my product, none have seen my product in person, Don has a screw blower on his car and admitted to blowing up his motor so that can't relate to a cold Air Inttake on a stock engine - Or did I miss something?

Our product has been speaking for itself
__
Quote:
However, our electronics are properly scaled to output the proper data relative to the airflowing through it - it does not alter the timing or load tables as it relates to timing

This is another example of what I was referring to concerning the info you provided at the time.. As a result, you didn't provide me with anythng else to rely on..

Quote:
our calibrated MAF parts tell the ECM to true airflow which in turn changes the load tables and has the load tables change the timing changes as well.

Therefore, which of those statements are correct ??
First Mod Motor Mustang to 180mph and 190mph at NMRA Legal weight, Current record holder for fastest and quickest Mod Motor Mustang 6.93 @201.42, recognized leaders in Mustang Suspension components for 1979 to 2006 Vehicles, www.granatellimotorsports.com . Avenger Centrifugal Supercharger Coming Soon
Old 8/19/06, 06:11 PM

The one thing that always kills me about these message boards is when a poster acts like the advertisers are supposed to just sit around and take abuse under the auspices that it is unprofessional for us to stand up for ourselves
Advertisers who don't lie, don't get abused. Try sticking to the truth 100% of the time and everything would be just fine.

You reap what you sow...
Old 8/19/06, 06:56 PM
Cobra Member

Advertisers who don't lie, don't get abused. Try sticking to the truth 100% of the time and everything would be just fine.

You reap what you sow...
Advertisers who don't lie? That's kind of like a politician that doesn't lie isn't it? So you believe 100% of what all other advertisers post, but 0% of what Granatelli posts? Because I haven't seen you launch attacks on any other advertisers.
Old 8/19/06, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Advertisers who don't lie? That's kind of like a politician that doesn't lie isn't it? So you believe 100% of what all other advertisers post, but 0% of what Granatelli posts? Because I haven't seen you launch attacks on any other advertisers.
I haven't seen any other vendors here who lie... have you? Do you see someone like Doug lying on this board? Do you see him getting any negativity?

And I never said JR lies 100% of the time... but even 5% (or 1%) of the time is too much for me. When someone lies, I can't trust them... it's simple. Once you lose integrity, you lose credibility in my opinion. I don't lie to people, so I don't like getting lied to (or about). And I'm not talking about product hype. I'm talking about purposefully misrepresenting events, situations and/or past occurrences in an effort to sway people who don't know the truth.

But JR lies... pure and simple. I know that for a fact, because he has lied about me here on these forums... and on more than one occasion. If you, or anyone else here, don't mind someone lying to you, well that's your perogative. But I'll continue to call them the way I see them.
Old 8/19/06, 09:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You reap what you sow...
Don, if you have something to say, why don't you say it and then back it up with examples (even your last post doesn't show any examples of anything). Your really starting to sound foolish. In fact I am so tired of your childishness that I don't intend to post anything more to your immature responses. Sadly, you are just not worth the effort anymore and I do think that is a shame. Adios.
Old 8/19/06, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by harleybill
Don, if you have something to say, why don't you say it and then back it up with examples (even your last post doesn't show any examples of anything). Your really starting to sound foolish. In fact I am so tired of your childishness that I don't intend to post anything more to your immature responses. Sadly, you are just not worth the effort anymore and I do think that is a shame. Adios.
I don't give a rats azz what you think, frankly. I just find it ironic that JR lies about me in a public forum, and you think I'm the one that's childish and foolish. Get real. I've already pointed out specifics on at least two separate occasions within the last week... do a search if you missed them the first time.
Old 8/19/06, 11:09 PM
Cobra Member

there are quite a few people that share the same opinion of JR and how he does "business". We all just didnt get together and decide to share that opinion just for the hell of it (to make him look bad), there is a reason behind it and it is JR's fault (he makes himself look bad, seeing his faults or not).

-Dan
Old 8/20/06, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

I've been following these threads for sometime now. And they are getting quite amusing with all the bashing going on.

JR,

From my observations, i beleive this is why people are taking sides:

1) Your answers to people's questions, just lead to more questions. THe answers you give are too general in nature.
Straight forward they are not!
You may want to be more specific, and answer all the questions in the context they were given. Put yourself in the other person's shoes.

2) Understandably, you run a company and want to sell your ware. But your pushing toooo much towards making a sale. People already know about your product and know how to buy it, hence this thread. So they don't need to be reminded to BUY. Once the POINT#1(above) hase been satisfied, then im sure the sales will follow automatically.
Old 8/21/06, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, I just pulled the trigger on the polished CAI. Called and talked to Morgan. He was curteous and professional. He told me 5-7 days.
Old 8/21/06, 04:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Me too, I called on Friday 8/18 for a Satin one. Morgan wasn't in but, guy I spoke to had it together.
Old 8/22/06, 05:49 AM
Former Vendor

You reap what you sow...
Don - you are just bent over the Turbo Vs Blower thing

I never lied to anyone and I have helped every customer that has called here. I own GMS and I need to run the business but I still make the time to come here and do my best

Quick Reply: Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???