GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???

Search this Thread

Old 10/16/06, 09:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jayguy
I would like to know if the intermediate pipes work with the Flowmasters, too. I would love to put cleaner flowing pipes, but like the sound of my flowmasters, and don't want to get rid of them, or spend more money than I have to.

Ahh is that what they're called, intermediate pipes? So how about it JR, any word on why your pipes don't work with other mufflers? Is there anything that can be done to make it work? I would really like to use your pipes with my mufflers
Old 10/17/06, 08:22 AM

If the MAF sensors are OE then why do you grind off the numbers?
Old 10/17/06, 11:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

To make it difficult for someone to imitate what they've done.
Old 10/17/06, 12:53 PM
GT Member

We'll Sodaman i just got off the phone with JR & Morgan. Ordered my polished intake. Can't wait to get it and actually hear and feel the results. This will be my first serious step to modding since all i have right now is my FRPP stingers.
Old 10/17/06, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli
Wrong Again CLEVELAND - Our sensors are OE and therefore DO NOT void the warranty. Our CAI are sold by several Ford Dealerships as a nice add on to the S197.

Also While I have direct access to the dyno the fact remains that we have tested 3 cars in 1 week with results that have never varied more the 1%. Blitz, Harlybill, Buster and others have all recieved theior parts and said the same thing. They love the look and feel the power

That's the point that the sensors are not orginal equipment mustang GT parts. If they were, then there would be no reason to grind off the part numbers.

I do not have on of his CAIs, I am not saying that it does not work....just dont say the parts used are OE when they are not. I just dont like the quoted statement about OE.

I was considering buying this CAI since I did not have to mess with the computer but statements like that kinda sways me away from buying it.

I like the fact that I can quickly change between it and the stock box and not mess with the computer until I have more miles on the car.

my first 06 mustang had lots of those issues that needed a tune, lag, slow acceleration if you did a quick slow down and go. It was an auto car. built 08/05. My current 06 mustang shows shows none of those issues. its a standard built 06/06. So I was inclinded to not do a tune at this time. I will most likely wait and get a CAI and tune from Bamachips or brenspeed. Now thats a tough choice between those two.
Old 10/17/06, 01:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by one_mean_marine
We'll Sodaman i just got off the phone with JR & Morgan. Ordered my polished intake. Can't wait to get it and actually hear and feel the results. This will be my first serious step to modding since all i have right now is my FRPP stingers.
I have the same setup as you're getting, and had it dyno'd and put down 281 rwhp. Get ready to enjoy some more pull out of your stang!

-danny
Old 10/17/06, 05:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Finished installing a Satin finished GMS CAI, and it certainly woke up the engine! I have an A/T car that now has a much quicker throttle response, stock mufflers that rumble a bit louder at idle and when stepping into a hard acceleration, they really open up. Even my wife noticed "...that you did something to the car, it sounds better." Can't wait for my GTA's, possibly an X-pipe, and FFRP headers!

Well worth the expense, effort and time.
Old 10/17/06, 06:22 PM
V6 Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by delz05
Even my wife noticed "...that you did something to the car, it sounds better."
Count your blessings, delz05. Sure beats, "Was anything wrong with it?"
Old 10/17/06, 08:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 69stang2
That's the point that the sensors are not orginal equipment mustang GT parts. If they were, then there would be no reason to grind off the part numbers.
Exactly. But the fact that they're not mustang GT parts doesn't mean they can't still be OE, does it? I don't believe anyone's ever said they were original equipment Mustang GT parts. I found the post where granatelli referred to them as simply OE and to me that can be any part that an automaker originally made for a vehicle. The additional reference to not voiding warranty I think implies that it's a Ford OE part but may not necessarily have to be a Mustang...but I'm not a warranty expert:
Originally Posted by Granatelli
Wrong Again CLEVELAND - Our sensors are OE and therefore DO NOT void the warranty. Our CAI are sold by several Ford Dealerships as a nice add on to the S197.

Also While I have direct access to the dyno the fact remains that we have tested 3 cars in 1 week with results that have never varied more the 1%. Blitz, Harlybill, Buster and others have all recieved theior parts and said the same thing. They love the look and feel the power
Old 10/22/06, 11:19 PM

GMS and Predator

I have a Predator programmer. I am thinking of purchasing the GMS CAI with calibrated MAF. My question is once I install the GMS CAI with calibrated MAF, can I also use the existing Predator tune I have? It is the standard 91 octane tune that comes with the Predator. My car is a 2005 Mustang GT with 4.10 gears. Thanks in advance.
Old 10/23/06, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dan05gt
I have a Predator programmer. I am thinking of purchasing the GMS CAI with calibrated MAF. My question is once I install the GMS CAI with calibrated MAF, can I also use the existing Predator tune I have? It is the standard 91 octane tune that comes with the Predator. My car is a 2005 Mustang GT with 4.10 gears. Thanks in advance.
I believe all you have to do is leave the air intake as "stock" in the settings. You should be able to change the other variables as always.
Old 10/23/06, 11:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Well the C&L tune is working on my GMS CAI, so if your predator has a C&L tune , it should work. I have installed mine with a sct x2 c&l tune from doug at bamachips, it is now officially awesome. I am only using the 87 octane torque tune and it rocks. Cant wait until next tank to get the 93 octane going so I can try the much talked about race, and performance tunes. You will love it, especially when you decide to tune it.
Old 10/23/06, 11:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by sodaman
Well the C&L tune is working on my GMS CAI, so if your predator has a C&L tune , it should work. I have installed mine with a sct x2 c&l tune from doug at bamachips, it is now officially awesome. I am only using the 87 octane torque tune and it rocks. Cant wait until next tank to get the 93 octane going so I can try the much talked about race, and performance tunes. You will love it, especially when you decide to tune it.
Are you using the complete GMS CAI with their MAF sensor and harness adapter?
Old 10/23/06, 01:37 PM

Gms

My predator has no CAI options.
Old 10/23/06, 01:54 PM
GT Member

Yeah I thought you were supposed to tune as if you dont have a CAI if you use the calibrated MAF.
Old 10/23/06, 02:09 PM

OE..... means orginal equipment as installed by the manufacture. That means a mustang GT part.

It may be a ford part but its NOT OE.
or else I have a different understanding of what OE means.
Old 10/23/06, 05:07 PM
Cobra R Member

No I took out the maf and put back in stock MAF per dougs instructions. I removed there jumper harness and MAF, then installed stock maf, and installed 87 octane tune, and wow. Way better pull, and now I cant wait till my tank is empty to run his 93 race tune. Definitely loving this car even more.
Old 10/23/06, 05:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by dan05gt
From what I've read, Yes, you can.

My predator has no CAI options.
That's correct. The GMS CAI behaves like a stock MAF & airbox so no worries.

No I took out the maf and put back in stock MAF per dougs instructions. I removed there jumper harness and MAF, then installed stock maf, and installed 87 octane tune, and wow. Way better pull, and now I cant wait till my tank is empty to run his 93 race tune. Definitely loving this car even more.
Is the C&L tune for the 90mm Racer version or the standard C&L which I think is 85mm? It's my understanding that your GMS CAI with stock MAF is now behaving like a C&L 90mm Racer tube or a JLT 90mm CAI as far as the MAF curve goes. I'd want to see the A/F ratio on that. I'd expect it to be running somewhat lean but maybe it's where it needs to be now...
Old 10/23/06, 10:07 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,790 Posts
Originally Posted by Redfire 05Gt

Is the C&L tune for the 90mm Racer version or the standard C&L which I think is 85mm? It's my understanding that your GMS CAI with stock MAF is now behaving like a C&L 90mm Racer tube or a JLT 90mm CAI as far as the MAF curve goes. I'd want to see the A/F ratio on that. I'd expect it to be running somewhat lean but maybe it's where it needs to be now...
The C&L racer version is 95mm. diameter not 90mm. The JLT CAI is 88mm.
Old 10/23/06, 10:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Redfire 05Gt

Nope, he's running the C&L 85mm Street Aluminum tune that I use. When I called JR and asked him if he had some tuning info he just said to use the C&L MAF adjustments and it works fine. After he said this I started doing some research on them and finally placed an order for one. Then once they arrived I thought about the dyno and the tuning but then I thought, this would be a he said she said deal so I went a little more scientifically, I've had the C&L and the Granetelli air intakes FLOW TESTED and the results were just about what I figured.

I dont want to give out the info yet as I'm putting it all together for a nice post. It'll be up soon with pictures.

Thanks, Doug.

Quick Reply: Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???