Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/22, 06:54 AM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210

I was in the same boat earlier this year. I searched high and low for a couple months, and finally found a used Maverick sitting at a Kia dealer's lot that I was able to test drive. It was an XLT FWD in the Area 51 color. I'll spare you my opinions of that color... Either way, very nice driving little truck. Cabin is surprisingly spacious for such a small truck. I drove my supercab F150 to the dealer, got in the Maverick, and was really impressed that it had a more spacious feeling interior. The bed is a better size than I expected too, but my only real concern was being able to haul motorcycles in it.

Long story short, I wasn't going to buy a used Maverick (4k miles) for $5k over MSRP. If Ford had their sh*t together a bit more, and had made enough to have some sitting on dealer lots, I'd have bought one with my D-plan. But I wasn't going to wait 12+ months, so instead I found my '12 GT to replace my '08 F150 with.

Speaking of that '12 GT, here is a rare photo of it sitting somewhere that isn't my job, or my driveway! It's my main DD, I've almost put 5k miles on it since April. I love this car, to put it lightly. I want to do a few more things to it, like a chin spoiler to start, but I'm realizing I have a full plate of money pits. Between my Bronco, jon boat, and 2 sport bikes, I think I need to win the lottery lol

If the Maverick had the towing package I don't see why it wouldn't haul the bikes....If I end up with one it would have to be the AWD model, pretty easy to get 350-400HP out of that 2.0 Ecoboost...it would be like the old GMC Syclone...only better. I was disappointed to see they got rid of the Velocity Blue, that's the color I wanted but I'm with you...I'm not paying retail or over for a used vehicle. Fortunately I have enough vehicles should I ever decide to order one that I can wait. My biggest issue is that my son at 15 is 6' 3" and the only cars he fits in is the Mercedes S430 and the F350. The Magnum is down for a V8 swap and I don't drive the F350 with diesel as high as it is. So it's limited if we want to travel as a family...which is why I was looking at the Maverick.

Nice GT! Great daily...just watch out for those texting drivers, I've got a rear ended 2016 Mustang in the shop now because someone was distracted.
Old 12/5/22, 04:40 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

She’s a beaut, Clark!

Congrats, Lee. I absolutely love Rapid Red. I’m disappointed they didn’t bring it back for the 23 Bronco so I’ll have to stick to Hot Pepper Red IF my dealer can ever place my order! I am getting it for a little under MSRP with this dealer, so I will just wait.

My stepdaughter just bought herself this Explorer ST over the summer and it is a sweet ride! If I didn’t have my heart set on a Bronco, I’d seriously think about buying one!
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (12/6/22)
Old 12/6/22, 02:27 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
My stepdaughter just bought herself this Explorer ST over the summer and it is a sweet ride! If I didn’t have my heart set on a Bronco, I’d seriously think about buying one!
That is very nice!!!!
I wouldn't mind owning one of those in the all wheel drive version, of course. Very nice!
Old 12/6/22, 10:16 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
She’s a beaut, Clark!

Congrats, Lee. I absolutely love Rapid Red. I’m disappointed they didn’t bring it back for the 23 Bronco so I’ll have to stick to Hot Pepper Red IF my dealer can ever place my order! I am getting it for a little under MSRP with this dealer, so I will just wait.

​​​​​​Thanks Jill. I was the same way on this car. I finally found an escape on a lot that was rapid red and went to look at it in the sun when they were closed and immediately chose it over Atlas blue and carbonized gray.

I like the Broncos too, but I can't believe how much they are, and the mark ups are insane for a regular vehicle.

I just haven't been able to get a good feel from the new explorer, it would be an st if I got one but I just can't get an attraction to it, just something about the new body style, I liked the last one. I just didn't feel comfortable in it or driving it, it just felt like a passenger sedan type car, not a SUV. Sat in the Jeep and it immediately felt like an SUV, just like my old explorers did.

Not sure if I would buy one, would need to drive it abit. But I do love the look of the Broncos
Old 12/7/22, 03:32 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,730 Posts
I'm with you Lee I love the new Broncos but just not the price. I dig the the Bigfoot version.
Old 12/7/22, 01:54 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
I'm with you Lee I love the new Broncos but just not the price. I dig the the Bigfoot version.
There's so many variants of it I can't keep up with what's what. I figure if I were to buy one, by the time I got all the things I wanted the price would be up to the point that I'd probably just spend the extra and get the Raptor version.
Old 12/7/22, 02:08 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,788 Posts
Also really like the new Broncos as well, but ADM markups are totally unacceptable, especially for a mass production vehicle... Supposedly, CEO Jim Farley is working on a solution towards putting an end to imposing ADM markups by certain dealerships in question, but if said dealerships are only allowed a limited allocation of that specific vehicle? Then corporate needs to step up by eliminating limited allocations, otherwise, it's kind of difficult to fault dealerships for imposing ADM markups, as they're also in the business to make a profit as well

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 12/7/22 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12/7/22, 02:50 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

All this talk must have brought me good luck! My dealer says they will get my order in (as dealer stock) and I signed off on an order today for a bit under MSRP

Wildtrak (standard with 2.7L and Hoss 3.0), Hot Pepper Red, soft top,

high package

The following 2 users liked this post by 08GTCandyApple:
m05fastbackGT (12/7/22), Stage_3 (12/8/22)
Old 12/7/22, 03:03 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

All this talk must have brought me good luck! My dealer says they will get my order in (as dealer stock) and I signed off on an order today for a bit under MSRP

high package

Sweet and congrats!!!
Old 12/7/22, 03:55 PM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts

high package

Nice!!! You'll want to add some of the aftermarket stout bumpers after you get it to protect you from the MD idiots around you
Old 12/7/22, 04:22 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
If the Maverick had the towing package I don't see why it wouldn't haul the bikes....If I end up with one it would have to be the AWD model, pretty easy to get 350-400HP out of that 2.0 Ecoboost...it would be like the old GMC Syclone...only better. I was disappointed to see they got rid of the Velocity Blue, that's the color I wanted but I'm with you...I'm not paying retail or over for a used vehicle. Fortunately I have enough vehicles should I ever decide to order one that I can wait. My biggest issue is that my son at 15 is 6' 3" and the only cars he fits in is the Mercedes S430 and the F350. The Magnum is down for a V8 swap and I don't drive the F350 with diesel as high as it is. So it's limited if we want to travel as a family...which is why I was looking at the Maverick.
For me, at the time, I was hauling them around in the bed of my F150. So I was "concerned" that the bed length would be too short. But after measuring it, the Maverick bed is 6.5 feet long with the tail gate down, which would work just fine. But since I bought the Mustang, I also bought a little 4x8 utility trailer. Turns out, the trailer is much more motorcycle friendly! I had always thought about one, but living in apartments made it not feasible.

They definitely seem like they could be functional family haulers. I'd wonder about the 2nd row leg room with a giant in the front seat lol I'm 5'7" so thankfully just about anything will fit me. The 2.0/AWD with a tow package seems like the way to go. Who knows, you may even be able to snag a used one here as the bottom falls out of the market?
Nice GT! Great daily...just watch out for those texting drivers, I've got a rear ended 2016 Mustang in the shop now because someone was distracted.
Thanks! I'm doing my best, but it's a warzone out here! Florida has a "no texting and driving" law on the books, but I have yet to ever meet someone who's been pulled over for it. Then again, the number of cars I see daily that have burnt out headlights, or no brake lights, or body parts literally dragging on the ground, should tell me nothing gets enforced.

Yet, somehow, when I was 18, I got pulled over twice in the same night for a burnt out headlight

I'm not familiar with the Explorer, but I have driven a boat load of Aviators, which share the powertrain with that ST. Talk about something that has way more power than it ever should, that engine/trans combo works great. I can't name another SUV I've ever driven that always seems to be doing 15 over the limit every time you look at the speedo lol

high package
You picked the best color, nice! I'm going to be very jealous, I've been drooling over them since they were announced!
Old 12/7/22, 05:46 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Sweet and congrats!!!
Thanks! Hopefully this means he can put the order in right away.
Originally Posted by svopaul
Nice!!! You'll want to add some of the aftermarket stout bumpers after you get it to protect you from the MD idiots around you

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210

I'm not familiar with the Explorer, but I have driven a boat load of Aviators, which share the powertrain with that ST. Talk about something that has way more power than it ever should, that engine/trans combo works great. I can't name another SUV I've ever driven that always seems to be doing 15 over the limit every time you look at the speedo lol

You picked the best color, nice! I'm going to be very jealous, I've been drooling over them since they were announced!
I’d still prefer Rapid Red, but it is out of my control. I did consider Carbonized Gray, but went with my first instinct! The Wildtrak only comes in an automatic so it will take some getting used to. On the rare occasion I drive my husband’s dually, I don’t know what to do with myself when I don’t have to shift. I can finally have a remote start though!

But I wasn’t expecting to get to order for a while longer and just put all new tires on the Jeep
Old 12/7/22, 05:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Thanks! Hopefully this means he can put the order in right away.

I’d still prefer Rapid Red, but it is out of my control. I did consider Carbonized Gray, but went with my first instinct! The Wildtrak only comes in an automatic so it will take some getting used to. On the rare occasion I drive my husband’s dually, I don’t know what to do with myself when I don’t have to shift. I can finally have a remote start though!

But I wasn’t expecting to get to order for a while longer and just put all new tires on the Jeep
I know what you mean about the auto. Imagine the learning curve to me, never had a mustang that didn't have 3 pedals and now not only do I have 2 pedals, I don't even have a shifter to rest my right hand on. Not to mention what a weird sensation it is when this thing starts down shifting as you get on the brakes. It's so freaking weird feeling.

Well, hopefully it won't, but if it takes as long to get it as it did me those tires will be half worn-out by then, 😂

​​​​​​
Old 12/7/22, 06:12 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I know what you mean about the auto. Imagine the learning curve to me, never had a mustang that didn't have 3 pedals and now not only do I have 2 pedals, I don't even have a shifter to rest my right hand on. Not to mention what a weird sensation it is when this thing starts down shifting as you get on the brakes. It's so freaking weird feeling.

Well, hopefully it won't, but if it takes as long to get it as it did me those tires will be half worn-out by then, 😂

​​​​​​
I’m sure that is going to be hard to get used to. And I’ve never owned a vehicle with a start button. The one time got a loaner from Jeep dealer, they gave me an automatic with a push button and I had to ask them how to start it
Old 12/7/22, 07:43 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,788 Posts

high package

All this talk appears to have indeed brought you good luck... Meanwhile, glad you found the Bronco you've been searching for and fortunate to have a dealership which has truly earned your business as a valued and long term customer... Congrats

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 12/7/22 at 07:47 PM.
08GTCandyApple (12/8/22)
Old 12/7/22, 10:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I’m sure that is going to be hard to get used to. And I’ve never owned a vehicle with a start button. The one time got a loaner from Jeep dealer, they gave me an automatic with a push button and I had to ask them how to start it
It's such a strange sensation, in a normal automatic you don't notice it, but in this dual clutch setup it's the same feeling you get when you are down shifting, but it's doing it by itself. I only have a hundred or so miles with it, but it's such a weird sensation to feel it doing the downshift and you're not doing it. It's going to take me a while to get used to it.

As far as the other shifts go, it's amazing, my goodness it's unreal when you stand on it, and you don't really notice under regular upshifts.

I have to admit, this is the first car I've ever had that was much faster than I expected it to be. The 11 GT500 was fast right off the bat, but it wasn't as fast as I expected, I guess because of the other built cars I had.

This freaking thing is brutal, scary fast after 7 years of regular cars. I haven't even turned everything up to 11 yet, all nannies on etc. And it shook me up the several times I got on it for 5 -6 seconds or so. Left my hands and feet shaking from nerves and adrenaline. This is a fast freaking car.
Old 12/7/22, 11:24 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hate to admit it Jill, but I used to be a really good wheel man, I was on top of anything a car did, but as I've gotten older, I can admit that my reaction times ain't what they used to be. And this thing does stuff a whole lot quicker than anything else I've had.

It's not as violent and immediately out of control as the last one, but the speed and the rate it gains it is a little unnerving for an old man that ain't used to it. You have to be completely focused on what is in front of you and what's coming up, because if you stand on it s*** happens really quickly. Luckily it has massive brakes.
Old 12/7/22, 11:26 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

I bet it's a blast to drive Lee!
Old 12/8/22, 02:08 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts

high package

That's excellent news!!!
Congrats!!
Old 12/8/22, 02:24 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,196 Likes on 2,342 Posts

high package

Just an FYI, If you Have No Need of the Tow Package Not an Issue. If you are Wanting a Tow Package After the Fact Just Be Aware it Can Be a Major Nightmare! At Least That was My Experience at The Dealer Before I Retired 4 Years ago on the Newer Vehicles!

Just a Heads Up For You and Others When Dealing With Adding On After the Fact. It Just Seems to get More & More Problematic as They Become More and More Electronic Featured And Salesman Love to Say You Can Add on Stuff Later without Bothering to Check and Come to Find Out it's a Mess! And Then it Get's Dumped on Parts & Service to Make It Work! Been There Too Many Times!

Other Than That Congrats on the New Vehicle!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/8/22 at 02:29 PM.
svopaul (12/8/22)

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast