Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 11/27/22, 03:27 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,196 Likes on 2,342 Posts
Surely Paul Knows Better But My Vote is Change at 500. But I'm a Dinosaur!

Beautiful Car. Reminds Me of my Short Lived 07 Redfire Gt/Cs with Roushcharger! I miss That Car! I did the PDI on MY Gt-500 and Have all the Plastic Stuff you Will Be Pulling off Your Car! Hell it May Have Disintegrated By Now Being How the Plastic is these Days! Afraid to Look!

33k On Car. Left Plastic on Passenger Floor. Still Got a Bit of New Car Smell on A Hot Day!

Enjoy, My 07 is the Last New Car I will Ever Buy! So I Know the Last Car Feelings! No Electric For Me!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 11/27/22 at 03:29 AM.
Old 11/27/22, 08:45 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

VERY, VERY NICE!!!!!!
Congrats. She's a beauty!!!!! Love me some S550 GT500 cars.

Enjoy my man.
Old 11/27/22, 10:12 AM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
Seems that way to me also Paul. I've never paid msrp for a car before and I always said I'd never pay an ADM, but this time I did for a couple reasons. I figured I've saved enough on deals before to justify it, this will probably be my last time buying new cars, and with the market the way it is, I wasn't going to get one without doing it. Not to mention this might be my last chance to do it, next time one comes around it'll probably be electric . Personally I hated doing it because of the way I've always been, but I feel like I got the best deal I was going to get anywhere in the country (believe me, I tried all over the place) so I'm satisfied with it.
It's harder on the specialty models but it seems they are doing this on run of the mill stuff as well. I'm considering a Maverick but If it means paying MSRP or more on that...not happening. I don't have to have it. Just like my Ecoboost...I bought it as a company car/test mule because I wanted a newer model to play with and a friend designed a new turbo for them which we test fitted on mine and then sent it to a guy with a built short block...made 609 to the tires! When I was looking I told the salesman that I wasn't your average customer and I didn't have to have the car...no trade in and I new exactly what I wanted. The first salesman at another dealer played games and found out he lost a sale when I sent him a pic of my purchase that he missed out on because he tried to treat me like someone who HAD to have a car.

But if you don't have to be the first owner there are an awful lot of people preserving these cars....it's not like it was with the old days, with so many speculating the market will have plenty to choose from second hand. But there are risks with that as well.

I told them not to touch it when it came it, nothing removed, not washed, just whatever it takes to get it off the truck. Don't have any good pics yet, just some crappy phone pics and its still filthy and in plastic stuff. I'll try to figure out how to get them on here from my phone, not too good with that stuff.
Good way to get it!

Went back and forth on colors for a while between Carbonized gray, Atlas blue, and Rapid Red tintcoat. Then on white or black stripes. After seeing rapid red in the sun, it was the one. Most rapid red I've seen have black stripes and with all the other black trim and wheels I felt like the white stripes would break it up and make the color pop more. And boy did it.
Nice choice

It might blow up next month, but for now this person built a hell of an engine.
With proper care it should have no problems. I personally don't follow their oil change intervals...I'd rather spend more on more frequent changes(3000 miles) than deal with issues later. They call for 5000 on my Ecoboost and I still do 3000 since new and even considering dropping that to 2500 because the oil still looks too dirty for my liking.

Hey Paul, when would you recommend changing this first oil? I know they say 500 miles on a lot of places, but dang. The oil and filter for it is about 250 bucks.
I would do the 500 miles for the first one just because of all the break in material that would be present. It's not cheap but it's a critical beginning point in the engines life.
Old 11/27/22, 12:30 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,730 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
I would do the 500 miles for the first one just because of all the break in material that would be present. It's not cheap but it's a critical beginning point in the engines life.
Yep I agree for the first time. I've always done that with every new car I've ever purchased.
Old 11/27/22, 01:19 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Congrats on your new GT500, she's an absolute beauty... Totally agree when it comes to refusing to pay MSRP and especially ADM markups, but as you mentioned, you were able to save enough thru the years and also found the best deal that you possible could on the GT500... So in the end, you deserve to settle for no less when it comes to getting that one unique special dream car and perhaps the very last one before they all go extinct by going 100% electric... Therefore, once again, congrats

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/27/22 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11/28/22, 02:00 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

@Rather B.Blown
You should start your own thread with a car like that!!! She's a beauty!!!
Old 11/29/22, 10:43 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts
@Rather B.Blown Very Very Nice! Great choice in color and stripes.

Also great to see you back on here. Been a while.

So, just noticed that they don't put the GT500 info in the stripe any more? So is that only a Heritage Edition thing with the new one?

Last edited by shaneyusa; 11/29/22 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11/29/22, 02:03 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by shaneyusa

So, just noticed that they don't put the GT500 info in the stripe any more? So is that only a Heritage Edition thing with the new one?

I believe it is just a Heritage car that gets the GT500 logo.
Old 11/29/22, 10:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
VERY, VERY NICE!!!!!!
Congrats. She's a beauty!!!!! Love me some S550 GT500 cars.

Enjoy my man.
Thanks Tony, appreciate it man.

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Surely Paul Knows Better But My Vote is Change at 500. But I'm a Dinosaur!

Beautiful Car. Reminds Me of my Short Lived 07 Redfire Gt/Cs with Roushcharger! I miss That Car! I did the PDI on MY Gt-500 and Have all the Plastic Stuff you Will Be Pulling off Your Car! Hell it May Have Disintegrated By Now Being How the Plastic is these Days! Afraid to Look!

33k On Car. Left Plastic on Passenger Floor. Still Got a Bit of New Car Smell on A Hot Day!

Enjoy, My 07 is the Last New Car I will Ever Buy! So I Know the Last Car Feelings! No Electric For Me!

KC

With proper care it should have no problems. I personally don't follow their oil change intervals...I'd rather spend more on more frequent changes(3000 miles) than deal with issues later. They call for 5000 on my Ecoboost and I still do 3000 since new and even considering dropping that to 2500 because the oil still looks too dirty for my liking.

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Yep I agree for the first time. I've always done that with every new car I've ever purchased.

That's what I've always done on all these others I've had, but I've been out of the Mustang loop for 7 years so I wasn't sure if anything had changed with all the new tech that's come out since then. Thanks for the info and opinions y'all. I'll stick with what I've always done.

It's harder on the specialty models but it seems they are doing this on run of the mill stuff as well. I'm considering a Maverick but If it means paying MSRP or more on that...not happening. I don't have to have it. Just like my Ecoboost...I bought it as a company car/test mule because I wanted a newer model to play with and a friend designed a new turbo for them which we test fitted on mine and then sent it to a guy with a built short block...made 609 to the tires! When I was looking I told the salesman that I wasn't your average customer and I didn't have to have the car...no trade in and I new exactly what I wanted. The first salesman at another dealer played games and found out he lost a sale when I sent him a pic of my purchase that he missed out on because he tried to treat me like someone who HAD to have a car.

But if you don't have to be the first owner there are an awful lot of people preserving these cars....it's not like it was with the old days, with so many speculating the market will have plenty to choose from second hand. But there are risks with that as well.

Good way to get it!

Nice choice
A few years ago I would never have done it, you've known me on here for a long time and you know that as well. I got one 08 about 3k under, the other 08 about 5k under msrp, and the 11 for almost 7K under after a lot of shopping and haggling, but they were sitting in dealers for a long time marked up when I bought them and the economy was in recession or just coming out, I had been watching them online for a while so I just walked in with a cashiers check for what I would give for the car and said if you want to sell it, I'll take it or I'll walk out and find some other dealer that'll do it. I liked them and had what I wanted, but if I was picking it myself I would have made some changes. After shopping all over the country, I finally got a small dealer in the area to order it, $2500 over. Closest one I found was 6K over and it was a distance off. Most are still holding out for 10, 15, 20, and up. There's dealers still sitting on 2020 models wanting 30 over.

I would buy one from a private seller but it would have to be 3 digit miles on it and the people that have those holding on thinking its going to be the next Boss 429 have already paid big mark ups and they want it all back and then some. Figured that I had come out good on the others, probably the last specialty car I'll buy, I decided to pay up, get exactly what I wanted and be done with it.

Yeah, made sure it wasn't touched. That black PP 11 500 I had was gorgeous in the showroom. While the salesman was hounding me to finance and take extended warranties, etc. and all I wanted to do was write a check and leave, they took it in the back and washed it. Was dark by the time I got out of there, got home in the garage under lots of light and it looked like they had washed it with the same rag and bucket they just used on a mud covered 4x4, scratched all to hell on that black.

Thanks, I'm glad I went with the white now. I was afraid it might be too much.

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Congrats on your new GT500, she's an absolute beauty... Totally agree when it comes to refusing to pay MSRP and especially ADM markups, but as you mentioned, you were able to save enough thru the years and also found the best deal that you possible could on the GT500... So in the end, you deserve to settle for no less when it comes to getting that one unique special dream car and perhaps the very last one before they all go extinct by going 100% electric... Therefore, once again, congrats
Thanks man, see above how I got to that point.

@Rather B.Blown
You should start your own thread with a car like that!!! She's a beauty!!!
I might if I have a few minutes, not really sure anyone cares anymore, nobody around. But I still enjoy seeing everyone on here's stuff.

I didn't like that either I wanted that call out like my others had. I actually saw pics at a dealer of one for sale that had it on there, but it wasn't a Heritage. Only thing I can figure is the dealer added it.

I believe it is just a Heritage car that gets the GT500 logo.
Seems so Tony, see above.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/29/22 at 10:43 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rather B.Blown:
shaneyusa (12/3/22), Stage_3 (12/1/22)
Old 11/29/22, 10:32 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Speaking of the GT500 call out in the stripe, another thing I don't like Shane are the Ford center caps in the wheels.My 11 had SVT on the center cap. They could have at least put a Cobra there, or Ford Performance since SVT is gone.
Old 11/30/22, 11:48 AM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,788 Posts
A few years ago I would never have done it, you've known me on here for a long time and you know that as well. I got one 08 about 3k under, the other 08 about 5k under msrp, and the 11 for almost 7K under after a lot of shopping and haggling, but they were sitting in dealers for a long time marked up when I bought them and the economy was in recession or just coming out, I had been watching them online for a while so I just walked in with a cashiers check for what I would give for the car and said if you want to sell it, I'll take it or I'll walk out and find some other dealer that'll do it. I liked them and had what I wanted, but if I was picking it myself I would have made some changes. After shopping all over the country, I finally got a small dealer in the area to order it, $2500 over. Closest one I found was 6K over and it was a distance off. Most are still holding out for 10, 15, 20, and up. There's dealers still sitting on 2020 models wanting 30 over..
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Thanks man, see above how I got to that point.
I'll also add to your point above by stating if any dealership truly wants to earn your business as a valued customer and even more so as a long term/repeating customer? They will be more than willing to work with you by selling under MSRP... Otherwise, just as you brought up above, if they are not willing to work with you, that's when you walk out and keep searching until coming across the right dealership that will do whatever it takes to earn your business as a valued customer

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/30/22 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12/1/22, 08:58 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Beautiful car @Rather B.Blown !!!
Old 12/2/22, 02:16 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Thanks Tony, appreciate it man.
I might if I have a few minutes, not really sure anyone cares anymore, nobody around. But I still enjoy seeing everyone on here's stuff.
I definitely care and would love to see different photos of this beast. I am sure others on here would as well.

Enjoy that car Lee!
The following users liked this post:
shaneyusa (12/3/22)
Old 12/2/22, 05:15 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Went back and forth on colors for a while between Carbonized gray, Atlas blue, and Rapid Red tintcoat. Then on white or black stripes. After seeing rapid red in the sun, it was the one. Most rapid red I've seen have black stripes and with all the other black trim and wheels I felt like the white stripes would break it up and make the color pop more. And boy did it.
That thing is gorgeous! The white stripes really bring it all together, I think. If they were black stripes, it wouldn't stand out nearly as much. Congrats on the car!

It's harder on the specialty models but it seems they are doing this on run of the mill stuff as well. I'm considering a Maverick but If it means paying MSRP or more on that...not happening. I don't have to have it.
I was in the same boat earlier this year. I searched high and low for a couple months, and finally found a used Maverick sitting at a Kia dealer's lot that I was able to test drive. It was an XLT FWD in the Area 51 color. I'll spare you my opinions of that color... Either way, very nice driving little truck. Cabin is surprisingly spacious for such a small truck. I drove my supercab F150 to the dealer, got in the Maverick, and was really impressed that it had a more spacious feeling interior. The bed is a better size than I expected too, but my only real concern was being able to haul motorcycles in it.

Long story short, I wasn't going to buy a used Maverick (4k miles) for $5k over MSRP. If Ford had their sh*t together a bit more, and had made enough to have some sitting on dealer lots, I'd have bought one with my D-plan. But I wasn't going to wait 12+ months, so instead I found my '12 GT to replace my '08 F150 with.

Speaking of that '12 GT, here is a rare photo of it sitting somewhere that isn't my job, or my driveway! It's my main DD, I've almost put 5k miles on it since April. I love this car, to put it lightly. I want to do a few more things to it, like a chin spoiler to start, but I'm realizing I have a full plate of money pits. Between my Bronco, jon boat, and 2 sport bikes, I think I need to win the lottery lol

Old 12/2/22, 10:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Scothew
Beautiful car @Rather B.Blown !!!
Thanks Scott, good to hear from you.

I definitely care and would love to see different photos of this beast. I am sure others on here would as well.

Enjoy that car Lee!
Thank you Tony, I may do that. Weather is getting crappy here, but I'll try to get it out and get some better pics.

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
That thing is gorgeous! The white stripes really bring it all together, I think. If they were black stripes, it wouldn't stand out nearly as much. Congrats on the car!

I was in the same boat earlier this year. I searched high and low for a couple months, and finally found a used Maverick sitting at a Kia dealer's lot that I was able to test drive. It was an XLT FWD in the Area 51 color. I'll spare you my opinions of that color... Either way, very nice driving little truck. Cabin is surprisingly spacious for such a small truck. I drove my supercab F150 to the dealer, got in the Maverick, and was really impressed that it had a more spacious feeling interior. The bed is a better size than I expected too, but my only real concern was being able to haul motorcycles in it.

Long story short, I wasn't going to buy a used Maverick (4k miles) for $5k over MSRP. If Ford had their sh*t together a bit more, and had made enough to have some sitting on dealer lots, I'd have bought one with my D-plan. But I wasn't going to wait 12+ months, so instead I found my '12 GT to replace my '08 F150 with.

Speaking of that '12 GT, here is a rare photo of it sitting somewhere that isn't my job, or my driveway! It's my main DD, I've almost put 5k miles on it since April. I love this car, to put it lightly. I want to do a few more things to it, like a chin spoiler to start, but I'm realizing I have a full plate of money pits. Between my Bronco, jon boat, and 2 sport bikes, I think I need to win the lottery lol

Thanks man, I feel embarrassed for asking but is it Sean? It's been a long time and I'm getting old, lol.

Love your car, it looks really good. I'd drive the wheels off of it if I was your age (if you're the Sean I remember, lol).
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (12/3/22)
Old 12/2/22, 10:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 12/3/22 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12/2/22, 10:55 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 12/2/22 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12/3/22, 01:18 PM

Speaking of the GT500 call out in the stripe, another thing I don't like Shane are the Ford center caps in the wheels.My 11 had SVT on the center cap. They could have at least put a Cobra there, or Ford Performance since SVT is gone.
Yup, I think a Cobra would be appropriate and look great on the center cap. The Ford logo has almost been left off all Mustangs or used very limited. Wish it was left for here.

And I too would love to see more of your car when you are able to get some nice pics to post. Congrats on a gorgeous beast!

Last edited by shaneyusa; 12/4/22 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12/4/22, 12:18 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,196 Likes on 2,342 Posts
Yup, I thing a Cobra would be appropriate and look great on the center cap. The Ford logo has almost been left off all Mustangs or used very limited. Wish it was left for here.

And I too would love to see more of your car when you are able to get some nice pics to post. Congrats on a gorgeous beast!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/40367070056...mis&media=COPY

As Long as the New Cars are still Using the Smaller 54MM Center Cap These Should Work. I Have Something Similar I got For my 15 Mustang GT Take Off Wheels! Not a Lot of Choice out There at the Moment For the Smaller Cobra Caps. Looks From the Pictures as Though They Used an Oe Cap Base, Looking at the Numbers on Back and Put New Insert on Top.

Goofy How They Have a Lot Of Pics But No Just Center cap Unobstructed from Front!

Mine are Like These Below But Black & Have the Chrome Ring. The Ones I Ordered are Not Currently Available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40370161781...mis&media=COPY
Kc

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/4/22 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12/4/22, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
https://www.ebay.com/itm/40367070056...mis&media=COPY

As Long as the New Cars are still Using the Smaller 54MM Center Cap These Should Work. I Have Something Similar I got For my 15 Mustang GT Take Off Wheels! Not a Lot of Choice out There at the Moment For the Smaller Cobra Caps. Looks From the Pictures as Though They Used an Oe Cap Base, Looking at the Numbers on Back and Put New Insert on Top.

Goofy How They Have a Lot Of Pics But No Just Center cap Unobstructed from Front!

Mine are Like These Below But Black & Have the Chrome Ring. The Ones I Ordered are Not Currently Available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40370161781...mis&media=COPY
Kc
Yup, I think something like that would have been better than a Ford Oval.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast