2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Ford to discontinue V8

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/15, 11:06 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Told y'all I was done with this discussion but there YOU go.
For the mustang to survive it doesn't have to advance technology. Geez it's survived for 50 years and only recently jumped on the technology bandwagon. Before a couple years ago, it was a technology dinosaur.
I didn't ever say it needed to "Advance" technology, but it needs to keep up. The reality is the last 4-5 years have been the lowest selling years ever for Mustang. They need to compete feature and price wise in this market (and the global market), otherwise they'll be an also ran. The same guys that *may* choose an Acura, or a Camaro, or BMW, or some other car like a FR-S. We need some of those guys to choose a Mustang. Otherwise, we won't have a choice to choose a Mustang. But, not being a Mustang Enthusiast, that may not matter to you? I'm not sure.

As pointed out, the Mustang has never been a "technology dinosaur." Even in the 80's and those beloved Fox bodies weren't dinosaurs compared to the time. About the only thing recently that was considered "out-dated" was the SRA.

And, you know what - I want my kids and grandkids to be able to choose a Mustang. They're going to have to sell more than they have since 2011 to do it.

(Expecting "the fourth" bow out anytime).
Old 1/22/15, 11:07 PM

That new Bronco of course.
That doesn't exist. Yet.
Old 1/22/15, 11:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
You watch a lot of Top Gear don't you?
No. I've never liked the BBC version and the American version is beyond terrible. Sorry to disappoint you.
Old 1/22/15, 11:09 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7
Well nobody could sum up your knuckle dragger personality better than you could lmao. I'm sure all the Corvette guys are shaking in their shoes. This is going to come as a shock to you but there a lot of people who aren't driving around on public roads with "something to prove". At least that's true for most male drivers above the age of 20 or so. That's how people end up causing serious accidents that result in the injury or death of a lot of innocent drivers. But now I understand the kind of person you are much better thank you.
Yeah most of those people drive Priuses. The muscle cars were proven on the streets in the 60's. And you better believe that if your new model got whooped on the streets of Detroit, you were coming back with something better. I'm ok with dragging my knuckles. I'm certain you are much more civilized than I am. NTTAWWT
I just enjoy kicking *** and I really enjoy it in a mustang. Gear head grease monkey and goddamm proud.
Old 1/22/15, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by JeffreyDJ
I didn't ever say it needed to "Advance" technology, but it needs to keep up. The reality is the last 4-5 years have been the lowest selling years ever for Mustang. They need to compete feature and price wise in this market (and the global market), otherwise they'll be an also ran. The same guys that *may* choose an Acura, or a Camaro, or BMW, or some other car like a FR-S. We need some of those guys to choose a Mustang. Otherwise, we won't have a choice to choose a Mustang. But, not being a Mustang Enthusiast, that may not matter to you? I'm not sure. As pointed out, the Mustang has never been a "technology dinosaur." Even in the 80's and those beloved Fox bodies weren't dinosaurs compared to the time. About the only thing recently that was considered "out-dated" was the SRA. And, you know what - I want my kids and grandkids to be able to choose a Mustang. They're going to have to sell more than they have since 2011 to do it. (Expecting "the fourth" bow out anytime).
I agree with you but the mustang is just too big to sway any rice burner fans because of a turbo 4. For me it's just not gonna be a success. Turbo 4 in an AWD focus 2dr. Hell yeah it sounds like a blast. But T4 mustang is no hot rod and not really a commuter either. Somewhere in between the sixer and GT is just unnecessary. It's more of just a testing ground car.
Old 1/22/15, 11:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah most of those people drive Priuses. The muscle cars were proven on the streets in the 60's. And you better believe that if your new model got whooped on the streets of Detroit, you were coming back with something better. I'm ok with dragging my knuckles. I'm certain you are much more civilized than I am. NTTAWWT
I just enjoy kicking *** and I really enjoy it in a mustang. Gear head grease monkey and goddamm proud.
Yea, a lot of guys in the 60's got maimed and killed "proving something on the streets".

But I get you now

Mustangs gotta be a hot rod
Corvette guys better look out
Don't step up to Al, he likes to kick *** in his car

I'm ever so impressed I gotta say.
Old 1/22/15, 11:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with you but the mustang is just too big to sway any rice burner fans because of a turbo 4. For me it's just not gonna be a success. Turbo 4 in an AWD focus 2dr. Hell yeah it sounds like a blast. But T4 mustang is no hot rod and not really a commuter either. Somewhere in between the sixer and GT is just unnecessary. It's more of just a testing ground car.
So clueless. lol
Old 1/22/15, 11:20 PM

Yea, a lot of guys in the 60's got maimed and killed "proving something on the streets". But I get you now Mustangs gotta be a hot rod Corvette guys better look out Don't step up to Al, he likes to kick *** in his car I'm ever so impressed I gotta say.
Did I mention the chicks dig me too?

Now I'm certain that you shave your legs. Can't believe I pulled the Nancy out of you. Adrenaline and testosterone are great. You should try some.
Old 1/22/15, 11:21 PM

So clueless. lol
Respond to one and get the other. Could swear you two were together.
Old 1/22/15, 11:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did I mention the chicks dig me too?

Now I'm certain that you shave your legs. Can't believe I pulled the Nancy out of you. Adrenaline and testosterone are great. You should try some.
I'm gonna get right on that I promise.

Testosterone, girls. Sounds like a hoot.
Old 1/22/15, 11:23 PM

I dunno. On "other boards" there are many, many who have either migrated from some of those other cars or chosen between them and a Mustang. But, time will tell.
Old 1/22/15, 11:25 PM

I dunno. On "other boards" there are many, many who have either migrated from some of those other cars or chosen between them and a Mustang. But, time will tell.
I know. I just don't see the rice guys jumping the fence for a mustang even though it's a turbo 4. The little focus race cars have turned some heads though.
Old 1/22/15, 11:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know. I just don't see the rice guys jumping the fence for a mustang even though it's a turbo 4. The little focus race cars have turned some heads though.
Oh whatever man. You're understanding of this car is limited to "Dude its a V8!" probably followed by some mouth breathing and drooling and then a quick dash down the road with the Def Leppard blasting on the stereo.

Last edited by 3point7; 1/22/15 at 11:32 PM.
Old 1/22/15, 11:30 PM

I don't think the Mustang will catch many (if any) of those hot hatch fans. The dynamics of driving a Mustang vs a light-weight little hatchback just aren't the same. Even if it (the hatch) isn't as fast, they won't get the same "feel" from it.
Old 1/22/15, 11:32 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Respond to one and get the other. Could swear you two were together.
They have a room. For days now.
Old 1/22/15, 11:33 PM

Oh whatever man. You're understanding of this car is limited to "Dude its a V8!" probably followed by some mouth breathing and drooling.
Like the big balled cave man I strive to be. Thanks for playing the game. eace:
Old 1/22/15, 11:35 PM

I don't think the Mustang will catch many (if any) of those hot hatch fans. The dynamics of driving a Mustang vs a light-weight little hatchback just aren't the same. Even if it (the hatch) isn't as fast, they won't get the same "feel" from it.
Yep. TT V6 AWD stang I could be almost interested in driving though. Until then give me 8 cylinders.
Old 1/22/15, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I could swear this seems really familiar.

Old 1/22/15, 11:37 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 1/22/15, 11:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Well we don't want you to feel left out cdynaco. We could make it really gay and discuss jazz and saxophones if you prefer. lol

Quick Reply: Ford to discontinue V8