2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Ford to discontinue V8

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/15 | 02:40 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Then let me rephrase. Those are the ones you wouldn't want anyways. Lol
Exactly ! As you wouldn't want them anyway because the majority of them are out for one thing and one thing only.. Your bank account
Old 1/29/15 | 02:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Then let me rephrase. Those are the ones you wouldn't want anyways. Lol
You guys need to get around a better class of woman. lol There's nothing better than smart and sexy. Smart women, . . . know stuff.
Old 1/29/15 | 02:42 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

If the Bandit had a V6 firebird instead of the TA, he wouldn't have been cool, the chicks wouldn't look twice at him, and Sheriff Buford T. Justice would have caught that sumbich. See the difference?
Old 1/29/15 | 02:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Exactly ! As you wouldn't want them anyway because the majority of them are out for one thing and one thing only.. Your bank account
Man you guys are really starting to let me down. The women I know have their own jobs. They aren't concerned with a man's bank account.
Old 1/29/15 | 02:43 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 3point7
The reality is that the cost of living has gone up considerably in the last 20 years and middle class incomes have not kept pace with inflation. it's not just cable bills and cell phones. Rent and mortgages cost a lot more. Food costs a lot more. Gas costs a lot more. Everything costs a lot more to include cars and the dollar just doesn't have the same buying power that it did when Fox Body Mustangs were new.
Wut? You mean you don't believe your government saying 20 yr inflation has averaged less than 3%??

Of course that's with their magical formula where technical advances have increased productivity and made many consumer items so much cheaper than 20 yrs ago. While that doesn't apply to many necessities, there is some truth to it.

As for housing my first mortgage under Volcker was 15% variable. Now look at the record low mortgage rates of 4% range 30yr fixed... that is CHEAP money. Plus there are plenty of foreclosures/fixer uppers left to pick up cheap after the Great Implosion. Not to mention cheap auto loans today like I said.

So with the US economy at borderline deflation (Japan & Europe still there) its hard to say 'everything costs a lot more'. While many lower end wage categories are still flatline, there are also a lot of motivated upwardly mobile people who are knocking down better money than the 90's. The present government and its propa-media complex just doesn't want you to hear about it.

Attached Thumbnails Ford to discontinue V8-aveanninflationbydecade.jpg  
Old 1/29/15 | 02:45 PM

You guys need to get around a better class of woman. lol There's nothing better than smart and sexy. Smart women, . . . know stuff.
Yeah that's exactly what we want. Smart women. Wonder why there are so many lesbians.
Old 1/29/15 | 02:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

If the Bandit had a V6 firebird instead of the TA, he wouldn't have been cool, the chicks wouldn't look twice at him, and Sheriff Buford T. Justice would have caught that sumbich. See the difference?
The 6.6 liter Firebird that the Bandit drove would get it's butt handed to it by todays V6 Mustang / Camaro with no problem. Heck it would have trouble taking on the 4.0 V6 Mustang for that matter. In fact to film the bridge jump scene in Smokey and Bandit they had to take the stock engine out and put a racing engine in the car in order for it to build up enough speed in the distance allowed before the jump.

Additionally I got bad news for you man. Chicks these days don't care about what's under your hood. Probably never did to be honest about it. I get compliments from a lot of women on my car. I think they are more attracted to the color than anything really.
Old 1/29/15 | 02:46 PM
Post *****

Man you guys are really starting to let me down. The women I know have their own jobs. They aren't concerned with a man's bank account.
Just wait. Your future attorney will enlighten you. And your wallet.
Old 1/29/15 | 02:47 PM

Man you guys are really starting to let me down. The women I (((know))) have their own jobs. They aren't concerned with a man's bank account.
Key word is KNOW. You ain't getting any from them. Because you drive a sixer.
Old 1/29/15 | 02:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Just wait. Your future attorney will enlighten you. And your wallet.
I just can't imagine why you guys get divorced given some of the pearls of knowledge about women that I've seen displayed here
Old 1/29/15 | 02:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Key word is KNOW. You ain't getting any from them. Because you drive a sixer.
lol okay, if that makes you feel better, go with that. It's sad that you need a car to get any play, really.

2K7 and Jeff, calm down, we are just having a bit of fun.

Last edited by 3point7; 1/29/15 at 02:50 PM.
Old 1/29/15 | 02:50 PM

How about introducing some of them to us Rob, or perhaps I should look into relocating from the Burgh
Old 1/29/15 | 02:50 PM

The 6.6 liter Firebird that the Bandit drove would get it's butt handed to it by todays V6 Mustang / Camaro with no problem. Heck it would have trouble taking on the 4.0 V6 Mustang for that matter. In fact to film the bridge jump scene in Smokey and Bandit they had to take the stock engine out and put a racing engine in the car in order for it to build up enough speed in the distance allowed before the jump. Additionally I got bad news for you man. Chicks these days don't care about what's under your hood. Probably never did to be honest about it. I get compliments from a lot of women on my car. I think they are more attracted to the color than anything really.
Geez man it's an example of coolness that we all grew up understanding. If you can't understand a Bandit reference, you really should go buy a Prius.
Old 1/29/15 | 02:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

How about introducing some of them to us Rob, or perhaps I should look into relocating from the Burgh
There's a lot of nice girls here m05. You might like it.
Old 1/29/15 | 02:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Geez man it's an example of coolness that we all grew up understanding. If you can't understand a Bandit reference, you really should go buy a Prius.
The Bandit was not cool because of the Trans Am Al. The Trans Am was cool because of the Bandit. If you stick Booger from Revenge of the Nerds in that car for example, he's still not getting laid. Coolness, attractiveness to women etc etc is not defined by your material possessions. You know this. It's the man that makes the difference, not the car or his clothes or any of that. If you don't believe that go ask just about any woman and she'll tell you. You can have all the cool cars and cowboy hats in the world, but if you're just an a**hole none of that will matter.

Last edited by 3point7; 1/29/15 at 02:56 PM.
Old 1/29/15 | 02:57 PM

There's a lot of nice girls here m05. You might like it.
So where exactly is here Rob, as in location

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 1/29/15 at 03:00 PM.
Old 1/29/15 | 02:58 PM

lol okay, if that makes you feel better, go with that. It's sad that you need a car to get any play, really. 2K7 and Jeff, calm down, we are just having a bit of fun.
Lol. Back in the 90's when I was whoring like dog with two peckers, yeah that fancy car just made life real easy. And no I didn't care if she could even spell her own name. Really hoping like hell she didn't want a meaningful relationship. Lol
Old 1/29/15 | 02:58 PM
Post *****

I just can't imagine why you guys get divorced given some of the pearls of knowledge about women that I've seen displayed here
I just never could embrace the "yes dear" mantra like the wimpetons.
Old 1/29/15 | 03:00 PM

The Bandit was not cool because of the Trans Am Al. The Trans Am was cool because of the Bandit. If you stick Booger from Revenge of the Nerds in that car for example, he's still not getting laid. Coolness, attractiveness to women etc etc is not defined by your material possessions. You know this. It's the man that makes the difference, not the car or his clothes or any of that. If you don't believe that go ask just about any woman and she'll tell you. You can have all the cool cars and cowboy hats in the world, but if you're just an a**hole none of that will matter.
I really feel sorry for you man. If you were gay, I would completely understand. You're just not wired right.
Old 1/29/15 | 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

So where exactly is here Rob, as in location
Oh sorry man. I'm in Madison County, AL. Huntsville AL area. Population is just over 300K. We have a lot of technology based industry here and the Marshall Space Flight center. It's a pretty nice place to live. Cost of living isn't bad. There are three colleges and a couple of good technical schools and as a plus the winters are no where near Pittsburgh bad lol

Quick Reply: Ford to discontinue V8