2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/13, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Nice. Congrats.
You got the fastest color there.
Yep, 3rd Mustang in a year. Started with a GHIG Boss, then a Grabber Blue GT and now this one. Got tired of shifting, finally done, lol.
Old 4/4/13, 08:16 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c

Yep, 3rd Mustang in a year. Started with a GHIG Boss, then a Grabber Blue GT and now this one. Got tired of shifting, finally done, lol.
Why'd you do all that?
Old 4/4/13, 08:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Why'd you do all that?
Boss was awesome, but wanted a few more amenities and we were about to get my wife a new car anyway and it just worked out in our favor to trade it for a Flex Ecoboost. Bought a regular GB GT but soon got tired of shifting in traffic plus, I love the green much more. So yea, guess its a sickness but I am enjoying this one. Now I can plan a few mods soon.
Old 4/4/13, 08:49 AM

Ordered mine (my wife did as well lol) on 3/22! Glad to hear the rebate went up and financing went down! Going to be a LONG 5-7 weeks. I PMd Deysha over the weekend and she's probably playing catch up from her extended weekend, but I can't wait to hear if she's got any more info than my dealer does (which is nothing lol). So excited!
Old 4/4/13, 08:58 AM
Cobra R Member

Boss was awesome, but wanted a few more amenities and we were about to get my wife a new car anyway and it just worked out in our favor to trade it for a Flex Ecoboost. Bought a regular GB GT but soon got tired of shifting in traffic plus, I love the green much more. So yea, guess its a sickness but I am enjoying this one. Now I can plan a few mods soon.
Oh okay , Makes sense. Pretty cool your back to the green!
Old 4/4/13, 09:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dlaude6
Ordered mine (my wife did as well lol) on 3/22! Glad to hear the rebate went up and financing went down! Going to be a LONG 5-7 weeks. I PMd Deysha over the weekend and she's probably playing catch up from her extended weekend, but I can't wait to hear if she's got any more info than my dealer does (which is nothing lol). So excited!
Well, what did you get/order??
Old 4/4/13, 09:23 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by hard-case
Add another name to the list, here. Was in love with Betty Blue, but sadly she was totaled after doing her level best to make sure I was safe. Tested out a few other models but none of them really grabbed me, so last Saturday I put a deposit down on a 2014 Mustang GT Premium, 6 speed manual and decked out just the way I wanted it. Based on how I've been after just a few days, I tip my hat to the many who have come before me with their amazing patience in waiting.
Welcome and congrats on your new order, hard-case. PM me with your dealer’s name, what you ordered, and the date so I can help.

Picked it up yesterday Deysha, thank you for your help for the 3rd time in a year, lol.
What a beauty, 1992chpb4c!!! Congrats and you’re very welcome!!

Originally Posted by Boom19
Finally going to pick her up tomorrow at 2!! Tonight and tomorrow are going to be long. I will post pictures as soon I get them!! Thanks Deysha for the help!
You’re welcome and congrats, Boom19!!!

Congrats, dlaude6! I sure am still playing catch up, especially since I’ll be out of the state next week… I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 4/4/13, 10:16 AM
GT Member

After waiting almost 3 months. I think I'm about to give up on the 2014. Probably gonna end up checking out the white 13 boss they have. Would have went with it before but I'd rather not go with a standard. An they added a $5,000 rarity fee on the boss...go figure.
Old 4/4/13, 10:24 AM

Well, what did you get/order??
Mine: GHIG, 5.0, M6, track package, recaros.
Hers: GB, 5.0, M6, track package.

Yes, our garage will look like a massive easter basket with those two obnoxious pastels we got coming our way lol. Obnoxious - we wouldn't have it any other way!

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Congrats, dlaude6! I sure am still playing catch up, especially since I’ll be out of the state next week… I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks, sounds good!
Old 4/4/13, 11:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Mine: GHIG, 5.0, M6, track package, recaros.
Hers: GB, 5.0, M6, track package.

Yes, our garage will look like a massive easter basket with those two obnoxious pastels we got coming our way lol. Obnoxious - we wouldn't have it any other way!

Thanks, sounds good!
Hahah that's awesome, congrats
Old 4/4/13, 12:47 PM
V6 Member

THis ordering process is the only thing on the planet that would have this affect on my blue oval pride. Alas I am very frustrated 2 months waiting no vin no scheduled build date no delivery no news.......anythings better than no news....

OH well might go test drive the boss again and hunt for a shelby while I wait. I will give it one more month then Im done on principal
Old 4/4/13, 02:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by WhiteWinged
THis ordering process is the only thing on the planet that would have this affect on my blue oval pride. Alas I am very frustrated 2 months waiting no vin no scheduled build date no delivery no news.......anythings better than no news....

OH well might go test drive the boss again and hunt for a shelby while I wait. I will give it one more month then Im done on principal
I totally understand, I have some of those same feelings. Call Customer Service and ask them via phone. Have your Order # and Dealer # ready. They might be able to help.

What did you order? Mine is on the move again.
Old 4/4/13, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Shelby Mama
Congrats on the new stang!
From what my dealer said order number does not matter. The order number is what the dealership assigns to the car. For example our Shelby's order number is 2014 just because that is the year of the car. The dealership can make up any 4 digit number they want.
However, the priority number should be lower than 19. A priority number of 10 or less is best. This means that a priority number of 10 or less has the best chance of being built. 19 may take longer. Contact your dealer and see if they can get the priority number lowered.
Thanks! Oh, I envy you. Had to force myself not to sit in the Shelby they had at the dealer because I know I'd want it...but I'm trying very hard to respect the difference between "afford" on paper and "afford in real life. A new stove, a hot water heater, and now a new car all in the span on a month....

When I talked to them about the order they said all that I had on the paper was default info, so it was set differently in the actual order itself. Whether that is actually the case, I'll find out hopefully soon.

Originally Posted by ME-ENGR-2013
The same thing happened to me when I went in to order my car. The dealer and I built the car on the computer, late on a Friday. He printed out all of the information for me to review and confirm, and my order number was 0001. At that time he did not submit the final order to Ford yet. After the weekend, on Monday, he submitted the final order to Ford and a new 4 digit order number was generated. He explained that the 0001 was just a place holder until the order was finally submitted to Ford.

I don't know if this is the case for you. But maybe contact your dealer and see if you have a new order number.
That's exactly what happened. They just used a default when they whipped up the order sheet for pricing, and then the actual data goes in when they order it. Got the order number and a PM out to Deysha, so hopefully everything will be smooth (and not too long) sailing from here! Just have to keep myself out of the modding subforums while I'm waiting, give the wallet some time to heal!

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
Mine is 0002

U need that order # and Dealer # to track your order. Hopefully Friday I get some good news, been waiting to hear if my order got scheduled!
Thankfully the dealership was very cool about it when I called, got me the order and dealer number right away. Best of luck for getting the good word on your order!

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Welcome and congrats on your new order, hard-case. PM me with your dealer’s name, what you ordered, and the date so I can help.
Deysha
Thanks! You've got a PM inbound.
Old 4/4/13, 06:54 PM

Hi Deysha did you get my mail
Old 4/4/13, 07:21 PM

Well picked her up today and all I can say is WOW!! It everything I thought it was going to be and a few things I didn't. I knew it was going to be fast and fun to drive and those two things it definitely is. Because I haven't driven a manual transmission in a while I thought it was going to be a hard car to get back into but to my surprise it is actually a lot easier to drive than I was planning on it being. Managed not to stall it in the dealer parking lot so I would count that as a win!! Also the exhaust sound in the car is a lot more apparent than I thought it was going to be. It is not loud by any means I just wasn't expecting to hear much after reading other peoples post on the matter. Still plan on getting GT500 a/b when the wife isn't looking!! I think it will give the perfect note without it being too loud!! I know there probably isn't a too loud for some of you but in this case I think quality of sound is better than quantity. If I did have one concern so far it would have to be the bit of noise coming from the gear box when I shift. It doesn't sound bad like grinding gears but its just a bit more noise than I was expecting to hear. I still have to get better with my shifting so I think it might just be that and it have to break in a bit more or should I be concerned? im leaning toward it getting better but any advice would help. Overall I am very happy with the new purchase and even better my wife is happy also!! now I just have to convince her this already bada$$ car needs to become even better and let me mod it. As for now I will enjoy her in her beautiful stock form!!
And if the attachments worked there are a couple of pictures that I got with the phone. Hopefully get some better ones tomorrow with the wife's camera!! Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_0199-1-.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_0198-1-.jpg  
Old 4/4/13, 07:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boom19
Well picked her up today and all I can say is WOW!! It everything I thought it was going to be and a few things I didn't. I knew it was going to be fast and fun to drive and those two things it definitely is. Because I haven't driven a manual transmission in a while I thought it was going to be a hard car to get back into but to my surprise it is actually a lot easier to drive than I was planning on it being. Managed not to stall it in the dealer parking lot so I would count that as a win!! Also the exhaust sound in the car is a lot more apparent than I thought it was going to be. It is not loud by any means I just wasn't expecting to hear much after reading other peoples post on the matter. Still plan on getting GT500 a/b when the wife isn't looking!! I think it will give the perfect note without it being too loud!! I know there probably isn't a too loud for some of you but in this case I think quality of sound is better than quantity. If I did have one concern so far it would have to be the bit of noise coming from the gear box when I shift. It doesn't sound bad like grinding gears but its just a bit more noise than I was expecting to hear. I still have to get better with my shifting so I think it might just be that and it have to break in a bit more or should I be concerned? im leaning toward it getting better but any advice would help. Overall I am very happy with the new purchase and even better my wife is happy also!! now I just have to convince her this already bada$$ car needs to become even better and let me mod it. As for now I will enjoy her in her beautiful stock form!!
And if the attachments worked there are a couple of pictures that I got with the phone. Hopefully get some better ones tomorrow with the wife's camera!! Enjoy
Congrats man! I was waiting for your post since u mentioned you were picking it up today. Stone looks so good in DIB, and you really don't see it much because a lot of people want to go with recaros. Looks great! Now convince the wife
Old 4/4/13, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
New ride made it to the dealer today! Cannot pick up until Saturday though...
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-mustang.jpg  
Old 4/4/13, 09:07 PM

I'm going nuts waiting for my Shelby. I know my car was built on Monday 4/1, the blend date on my window sticker and I'm driving myself and my husband nuts trying to figure out when it will be delivered. The dealer gave me a ETA of mid-April when I got my VIN and 4/1 build week, but he also promised to let me know when my car was built and he hasn't contacted me yet with the news. If I hadn't called SVT I wouldn't know the car had been built.
I had an earlier order with a large dealer in South Florida that was placed when the order banks opened in Nov, but canceled that order and placed my order with a small local dealer who gave me his only allocation and promised to keep me updated about everything. Ford's allocation system has taken all the fun out of ordering my dream car, but I know it will be worth it once I get the car.
Old 4/4/13, 10:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 14GT500SGM
I'm going nuts waiting for my Shelby. I know my car was built on Monday 4/1, the blend date on my window sticker and I'm driving myself and my husband nuts trying to figure out when it will be delivered. The dealer gave me a ETA of mid-April when I got my VIN and 4/1 build week, but he also promised to let me know when my car was built and he hasn't contacted me yet with the news. If I hadn't called SVT I wouldn't know the car had been built.
I had an earlier order with a large dealer in South Florida that was placed when the order banks opened in Nov, but canceled that order and placed my order with a small local dealer who gave me his only allocation and promised to keep me updated about everything. Ford's allocation system has taken all the fun out of ordering my dream car, but I know it will be worth it once I get the car.
Congrats on the Shelby!

Our cars must be related because our Shelby was born today! I can relate to the order experience....I actually think we ALL can! But before you know it your brand spankin' new SHELBY will arrive! Our car is scheduled to arrive around the end of April....Just hope all the salt is off the roads by then! Or we will have to have the dealership bring it home on the rollback!

I have always dreamed of getting a mustang! I never though I would be purchasing a Shelby! What a dream come true!

I can't wait to see pictures when you Shelby arrives! Keep us posted!
Old 4/4/13, 11:44 PM
V6 Member

It's here! I ordered on 2-18, got a blend date of 3-11, my car finally got to the dealer on 4-3, but I work nights, so I didn't get to pick it up until 4-4. Its a Grabber Blue v-6 premium 6 speed manual with the appearance package (spoiler and rocker stripes) and the comfort package. It already had 27 miles on the odometer when it got to the dealer! I haven't got a clue how anything on this car works, but I love it! I was sitting in my loan officers office while picking up the check for the dealer, and I hear one guy in the lobby say "That sure is a pretty Mustang out there". The other replies "It sure is bright". The loan officer even wanted to go outside and check it out. Just now, on the way home from work, a truck pulled up beside me, and the teens inside wanted to know how fast it would go. I can't believe how much attention this car gets! I can't wait to see how excited my daughter gets when she sees the pony projectors. I suspect that will be worth every penny of the cost of that option. I plan to get my windows tinted tomorrow, and, hopefully install my MRT Interceptors. And clean my garage, this car takes up more space than my HHR! LOL

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread