Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/13, 12:39 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcin K.
Hey everyone, I finally got around to taking some pictures! Picked the car up last Friday, and I already have over 600 miles on it.

SGM looks amazing in the sun. Over all this is a smile machine. I grin every time I hit the throttle. The track pack makes the handling tout, and reduces body roll. The acceleration with 3.73 Torsen is phenomenal. I LOVE it! The Recaro seats provide fantastic support, and are surprisingly comfortable on long drives, even my wife loves them. What a great package!

Thank you to Deysha for all the help along the the way. And hang in there everyone waiting. Wait is excruciating, but it's well worth it.

Attachment 143821

Attachment 143822
****! Soooo jealous! Ordered the same exact car, its at the dealer now but I'm on vacation. Been driving a V6 auto convertible for the last few days, but I want mine!
Old 8/17/13, 07:21 PM
GT Member

Thanks guys! Hope your vehicles make their way to you soon! Spark, post some pics when you have a chance! cjd, you too when you get back from vacation!

Last edited by Marcin K.; 8/17/13 at 08:45 PM.
Old 8/18/13, 10:04 AM

Thanks guys! Hope your vehicles make their way to you soon! Spark, post some pics when you have a chance! cjd, you too when you get back from vacation!
Marcin, how long did it take after it was built to get to your dealer. I'm also in MI and my dealer is about 130 miles from the plant, so I assume my car will go by carrier.
Old 8/18/13, 10:12 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by hockeylover86
Marcin, how long did it take after it was built to get to your dealer. I'm also in MI and my dealer is about 130 miles from the plant, so I assume my car will go by carrier.
Just shy of 2 weeks. Finished building Monday, got released from the plant on Tuesday, and made it to the dealer 1 week and 3 days later. Hope your get your awesome new wheels soon, hockeylover!
P.S. if you look at the bottom left of your sticker, there is a delivery method window. If it says CONVOY that means your car is delivered on a car carrier

Last edited by Marcin K.; 8/18/13 at 10:14 AM.
Old 8/18/13, 02:05 PM

how much guys is your insurance with v6 coupe? and is it true that red is hot in the eyes of cops?
Old 8/18/13, 08:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by johncarlopang
hi everyone, i order a mustane v6 premium + MCA package + Performance package...

what's unique with MCA package? and also the performance package what does it really do in real world driving? Thanks and also how can i get a hood that looks like your GT with holes? thanks guys
Hey hey, and congrats! MCA package is a few looks enhancers. The Performance package is the way to go IMO. It gives you stiffer suspension and steeper gearing (3.31 diff instead of 2.73). In real world driving this translate to better handling and better acceleration
Old 8/19/13, 08:38 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by pressman43
Got my window sticker today. Blend date of 8/20 and ETA to dealer 9/3. I hope it doesn't get delayed for any reason, I'll use the power of positive thought and will it to be early. I can't wait to fire it up!!
Woot woot!

Originally Posted by solscooter
Looks like mine got built. Hoping it get here sooner rather than later. A Labor Day ride would be awesome
I’m sure that ride will be 100% possible, solscooter.

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
That's all sorts of happy! Looking forward to it!
Working on that awesome PM list, Mrsuitcase.

Originally Posted by pressman43
Deysha with Ford Service is absolutley awesome in how she handles everyone on this forum and tries to help them get info on their order status and remedy any problems they may have. If everyone of the members on here would donate a $1.00 she could go on one heck of a cruise. LOL
Hmmmmm…. Lol!!

Originally Posted by Flynford
Spouse's Shelby arrives at the dealership today 5 days early.
GORGEOUS!!!!

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
For such an occasion of mass praise, I'd suggest everyone pitch in for a Tim Horton's coffee gift card. However, I'm not sure if Tim Horton's even exists in Michigan! (I'm a canuck, eh!)

I mean after all, you tip wait staff for good service, why not be nice to someone else who goes above and beyond?
Or in Florida…

Originally Posted by ScottMoore96
Hi!
I finally fulfilled a lifelong dream and custom ordered my Mustang!

I'm thrilled to be so lucky. As a school teacher, I am looking forward to seeing my high school kids drool over my car for a change

Can anyone help me track the build if I have a VOC with an order number and Dealer code?
Welcome and congrats, ScottMoore96! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by JDMontana
An item was missing off of my Window Sticker, dealer says they called Tuesday and it's added on it. Will a new window sticker be generated?Since my build is Monday I am concerned because all I still see is the old sticker.
Was your dealer able to get this taken care of for you, JDMontana?

Hey everyone, I finally got around to taking some pictures! Picked the car up last Friday, and I already have over 600 miles on it.

Thank you to Deysha for all the help along the the way. And hang in there everyone waiting. Wait is excruciating, but it's well worth it.
That’s a nice looking ride you got there, Marcin K.. You’re very welcome!

Originally Posted by DrNebel
Got my vin from my dealer today!
Ordered 7/9
Build date around 9/2

So stoked, my car has an identity now!
Woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Spark
Picked up my little pony on Wednesday. Took her out for a spin. Already has 150 miles. Everytime I see her, it brings a smile on my face and have to pinch myself. I want to thank Deysha for all her help and making the delivery processes as smooth as possible!
You’re very welcome, Spark! Congrats!

Originally Posted by hotwheels71
Congrats, Scott!
I special-ordered my Mustang a few months ago and it will arrive in a few days. I've felt a little silly that getting a Mustang means so much to me, so it's cool to see someone else "sharing the dream"!

To track your car, send a private message to forum member Deysha (look a few posts back for one from her). She is the rock star on this board that we all worship and want to buy presents for. She works for Ford and will give you the skinny on your car.

Have a great time with your ride, Scott! Congratulations on fulfilling a dream!
I hope yours gets picked up today, hotwheels71!

Deysha
Old 8/19/13, 08:52 AM

No, it was not taken care of. I talked to the regional manager and was told it is too late. The remote autostart can be installed by the dealer. This whole thing has me discusted with the process. I am not sure I will take delivery. Does anyone know when 2014 production will shutdown to start 2015 new models?
Old 8/19/13, 09:40 AM

Hey hey, and congrats! MCA package is a few looks enhancers. The Performance package is the way to go IMO. It gives you stiffer suspension and steeper gearing (3.31 diff instead of 2.73). In real world driving this translate to better handling and better acceleration
Thanks Bro, will you feel the differences between a car with performance and without a performance package?
Old 8/19/13, 09:44 AM

do you guys buy or lease your mustang?
Old 8/19/13, 09:59 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks Bro, will you feel the differences between a car with performance and without a performance package?
Yes you do feel a difference. I've had both. 2.73 when I bought my '12 before I installed 3.55 and I have 3.31 in my '14 now. Your more able to takeoff from a syand still in 1st or 2nd and the car seems quicker. You lose like 1-2 mpg but its hardly noticeable imo. You can get 3.31 gears by themselves without ordering the performance pack. How do I know? Its what I did/ordered! Also not a good idea to lease a Stang unless you plan on keeping it completely stock because mods aren't allowed under a lease. Tinting and wheels as long as you keep the original wheels to put back on when you turn it in. You can leave on the tint tho.
Old 8/19/13, 10:39 AM
GT Member

do you guys buy or lease your mustang?
I've been leasing other brands for the past 12 years but I bought my Mustang. In my region v6 residuals are bad and GTs are worse.
Old 8/19/13, 03:44 PM

Build Date

My first Mustang was a 94 V6 Forest Green 5 speed. I remember the first time I drove it I was sold. I owned it for 10 years and what a great handling car. Now many years later, since I don't need a four door anymore and looking to get back into something I really enjoyed. I've ordered a 2014 V6 Premium, Sterling Grey with some modest upgrades. My question is, how do I find out my build date if my dealer can't help. I ordered the car 24/Jul. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by wrhin; 8/20/13 at 01:21 AM.
Old 8/19/13, 05:27 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by wrhin
My first Mustang was a 94 V6 Forest Green 5 speed. I remember the first time I drove it I was sold. I owned it for 10 years and what a great handling car. Now many years later, since I don't need a four door anymore and looking to back into something I really enjoyed, I've ordered a 2014 V6 Premuim Sterling Grey with some modest upgrades. My question is, how do I find out my build date if my dealer can't help. I ordered the car 24/Jul. Any help would be appreciated.
Send a PM to Deysha, we worship her here on this forum. She is far more helpful than any dealer in my opinion. Just scroll back through some of the posts and you'll run across her.
Old 8/19/13, 06:59 PM

Just ordered my first mustang ...actually the first time I've ever ordered a car period and my first American car for that matter. Pretty basic though. V6, manual with the only option being the Recaro seats. I think it's cool that Ford offers seat upgrades from factory. I'm only one week into the waiting game and it feels like forever.
Old 8/19/13, 07:19 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by celipro
Just ordered my first mustang ...actually the first time I've ever ordered a car period and my first American car for that matter. Pretty basic though. V6, manual with the only option being the Recaro seats. I think it's cool that Ford offers seat upgrades from factory. I'm only one week into the waiting game and it feels like forever.
Congrats on the order! It's a great car for your first American muscle car. Send Deysha, our local Ford service rep, a PM and she'll set you up with some assistance on the order. Once again, congrats!

Last edited by FullRide14; 8/19/13 at 07:21 PM.
Old 8/19/13, 09:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by celipro
Welcome to the waiting room! You're going to have a beautiful car, my friend. Absolutely Beautiful.
Old 8/20/13, 09:10 AM

Well, mine is supposed to be at the dealer today but no word from my salesman or Deysha as to if it is close or not. I have a couple of days I have to be out of state this week for work so I'm sure it will come in one of those days. This three month wait is about to kill me.
Old 8/20/13, 09:16 AM
MD1
GT Member

The dealership and Deysha has confirmed that my 2014 GT SG will be arriving Thursday, 08/22 (subject to change).

For those who have received their cars, is Deysha able to confirm the delivery of the vehicle once it actually arrives there?

Thanks.
Old 8/20/13, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by MD1
The dealership and Deysha has confirmed that my 2014 GT SG will be arriving Thursday, 08/22 (subject to change).

For those who have received their cars, is Deysha able to confirm the delivery of the vehicle once it actually arrives there?

Thanks.
Deysha's visibility report will track the car all the way to dealer.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread