Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/13, 05:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
What is the average time from Order to Delivery? I ordered a 2014 GT500 on 3/11 suppose to be the dealers only allocation for the year. Seems I see anywhere from 60-90 days? Would it be longer than that? Better yet, when will the last 2014's be built?
I don't know that you can really quote an average. One guy recently got his in 33 days, which is unbelievably fast. Mine took 52 days and, since I'm in Western Washington, rail took a lot longer than it would to Pennsylvania, for example. I suspect 2014s won't stop being built until very late this year or early next year, but Deysha can undoubtedly answer that better.
Old 3/15/13, 06:04 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After being told not to expect my February-ordered '14s until September, one just got built this past Monday, which actually screws the deal for everybody as prices, trade allowances and even funding were predicated upon running up this season's miles on the trade in.

It was about 3 weeks to build and 5-6 to deliver - and about 6 months too soon.
Old 3/15/13, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by tukatz
I don't know that you can really quote an average. One guy recently got his in 33 days, which is unbelievably fast. Mine took 52 days and, since I'm in Western Washington, rail took a lot longer than it would to Pennsylvania, for example. I suspect 2014s won't stop being built until very late this year or early next year, but Deysha can undoubtedly answer that better.

I guess I am a little worried, I heard that they are suppose to only build about 3000 GT500's for 2014. I even switched dealers because I was originally a dealer's second allocation that they said they don't know if it would be built, wouldn't even take a deposit. Then I found a dealer who said they should get an allocation for 2014 because they had one for 2013 and just sold it. Now I wait... I'm not very good at that. lol
Old 3/15/13, 06:46 PM

I guess I am a little worried, I heard that they are suppose to only build about 3000 GT500's for 2014. I even switched dealers because I was originally a dealer's second allocation that they said they don't know if it would be built, wouldn't even take a deposit. Then I found a dealer who said they should get an allocation for 2014 because they had one for 2013 and just sold it. Now I wait... I'm not very good at that. lol
The word was a short run this year so they could retool for the 15's. Now I've read at various places 3500-3800 will be built. In addition, I've read that Ford was taking stock orderes in my region.

Best to call around and perhaps you find a place that either has an allocation or a stock order.

FYI-I ordered mine 12/4 and my ETA is 4/4. Once you receive a VIN, you know it starts to get real.... Best of luck
Old 3/15/13, 06:46 PM
V6 Member

My car is Faastttt!

Originally Posted by tukatz
I'll keep you all posted but if Mine makes it to the dealer when Deysha says it will (which she's been very close, Mine will be 17 days ordered to dealer.
Old 3/15/13, 07:04 PM
V6 Member

Well I went most of the week waiting to pick my car up tomorrow. Couldn't wait any longer. I ditched work early and picked up my new Mustang before the s**tty weather settles in tomorrow. All I can say is wow after seeing it in person. Too much fun to drive. May not be a good thing as this will be my daily driver.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-must1.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-must2.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-must3.jpg  

Last edited by RogueWing16; 3/15/13 at 07:14 PM.
Old 3/15/13, 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rogue - awesome color combo!! I love the saddle, but I wanted the Recaros a little more. Wish they came in saddle!!! Congrats on a beautiful ride!
Old 3/15/13, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby
SVO - yep - I was pretty surprised to say the least. Thanks for the good weather wishes! I wish I could swing a sick day or even a vacation day to go get her...but I'm an accountant and we're nearing quarter-end...so I'm really jammed up at work. Don't let your kids grow up to be accountants!!!

Ugh...the forecast for this Saturday looks nasty. Snow/rain mix and high around 37. No way I'm driving her home 65 miles in that slop. Hopefully the following Saturday will work out...if my daughter's ice skating competition wraps up in time for me to get to the dealer...and the weather holds up. The dealer offered to keep her indoors...so once she's detailed at least she'll stay nice and pretty until I can get her.

Signing off now...going to try to sleep...
Hey PAXTON, totally understand the busy season, I work for one of the big four firms but fortunately in IT so were not affected by the the big rush. I'll try to force some of the nice Texas weather to all the North East folks so everyone can enjoy their new rides. Winter weather does not make me miss growing up in New York anymore, now I can drive the fun car all year long.
Old 3/15/13, 07:46 PM

Awesome car RogueWing, now I can't wait to see my Deep Impact Blue in person. Took my son to the Dallas International Auto show today and can't believe how the florescent lights cannot show off how great some of these mustang colors look outside in the sun. Really dulls the colors and does not allow them to pop.
Old 3/15/13, 08:21 PM
V6 Member

Well, kudos at least to your dealer for not being willing to take a deposit for an allocation it wasn't confident it could deliver upon. That's a rarer commodity than it should be.

Outside of whatever perfunctory internal estimates Ford may have made, there's WAY too little known for Ford to make ANY kind of reliable predictions about how many GT500's it will or won't build for '14. Apart from trim-specific systems like the 5.8, Tremec, brakes and so forth, only about 1 in every 15-20 Mustangs made is a GT500 to begin with, and upping the mix of GT500's to accommodate a higher than expected sell-through, especially if there won't be any '15 slot filler immediately on its heels is relatively simple.

The BIGGER challenge is if Ford decides to keep a tighter-than-expected lid on ALL Mustang production to ensure fewer leftovers headed into a new product version as GT500 count would likely be reduced proportionately. A little fudge factor is inherently built in to every build campaign, but I personally wouldn't expect 2014's total count to vary a whole lot from prior years' trending.
Old 3/15/13, 08:53 PM
V6 Member

Rogue - awesome color combo!! I love the saddle, but I wanted the Recaros a little more. Wish they came in saddle!!! Congrats on a beautiful ride!
Thanks Paxton. Yep. The color combo looks pretty cool. I hope I don't regret not getting the Recaros. I know my wife kept seeing dollar signs when I was ordering the car. The glass roof didn't go over too well when she found out the price. I didn't even want to mention the possibility of getting Recaros.Good luck with your Mustang!
Old 3/15/13, 08:56 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by svostang
Awesome car RogueWing, now I can't wait to see my Deep Impact Blue in person. Took my son to the Dallas International Auto show today and can't believe how the florescent lights cannot show off how great some of these mustang colors look outside in the sun. Really dulls the colors and does not allow them to pop.
Thanks! You will love the color. Pics don't do it justice. Couldn't be happier with the color. Good luck with you Mustang!
Old 3/15/13, 10:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Fantastic, Steve. I, too, love the look of the saddle interior with DIB. I find mine to be REALLY comfortable and I'm sure you will find the same thing with yours. If you were planning to take your car to the track or autocross it the Recaros would be more important. Otherwise, keeping the wife happy is a high priority.
Old 3/15/13, 10:41 PM

Just got word from Deysha and my overseas dealer that the car is at the dealership back home!!! Now just another few weeks before im home and get to drive her on my two weeks off of work!!! I cant wait!!!
Old 3/16/13, 02:51 AM

Tukatz...amen
Old 3/16/13, 10:19 AM

Nice pictures Steve. I have a similar package. I happy to see so many people are ordering the glass roof.
Thanks for the pictures. I want to say how awesome, but it is so similar to mine that I would be tooting my own horn. I should have mine within about 10 days.
Enjoy.

Last edited by 14GT; 3/16/13 at 10:21 AM.
Old 3/16/13, 11:19 AM

Paxton-Great News!thats got to be torture haha so close yet so far away.
Old 3/16/13, 12:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks buddy! I thought the same thing. Deysha told me the other day it was still waiting to be shipped - maybe their system wasn't up to date. Whatever the reason, I'm stoked!!!!!
Congrats Ron, I know you have been waiting. I am looking forward to seeing it at the PVGP. Good luck sleeping for the next couple nights.
Old 3/16/13, 03:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2011GB/CS
Congrats Ron, I know you have been waiting. I am looking forward to seeing it at the PVGP. Good luck sleeping for the next couple nights.
Thanks Kev! It will be nice to see you at the PVGP. I am handling the Mustang layout and the parking. We are going to have a LOT of Mustangs!!!
Old 3/16/13, 03:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Kev! It will be nice to see you at the PVGP. I am handling the Mustang layout and the parking. We are going to have a LOT of Mustangs!!!
I actually just called my Favorite Ford dealer to ask if they had any allocations. I am thinking of trading the Cali on a Deep Impact Blue Premium GT, with the Recaros and Track Pack.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread