2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/14, 11:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
My car has been MIA on cotus for the last two days. Tried different browsers, history clears, incognito modes...all the tricks that normally work when I get a VIN not found error. The window sticker still comes up onthe link Deysha gave me. But no recent tracking on the website.
Just keep hitting enter. Mine takes like 5-6 tries before it'll load. Also make sure you're on cotus.ford.com not cotusb.ford.com (the beta site).
Old 6/10/14, 12:12 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Thank You for the update, Deysha.

All I can hope for is that it doesn't get pushed back again and it arrives just in time for fathers day!
I should add that I called the dealership and have said that it still hasn't arrived and can't tell me when it'll arrive. I'm wondering if on your end, if its still showing 6/13/14 even after its showing "delivered"

Thank You
It wouldn't bother you if you knew how "efficient" they work. Honestly, if I didn't have Deysha to keep me posted with real-time progress, I would have been left in the dark this whole time.

From receiving a VIN# to being notified that the car made it to the last destination, Deysha has been the one to notify ME on what's going on instead of me constantly chasing anyone for some input and feedback.

my overall experience with the sales guy at the location to where I placed my order has been less than stellar.

Don't get me wrong, they are a nice bunch of people. But they are not working for me. It feels like they are working at their pace.
You’re very welcome, JoeMidnight. It shows it just arrived a little while ago. Have them check again. Congrats!!

Thanks again for the kind words!

Deysha
Old 6/10/14, 12:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FordService
You’re very welcome, JoeMidnight. It shows it just arrived a little while ago. Have them check again. Congrats!!

Thanks again for the kind words!

Deysha
No worries, and don't you worry, you are now my official "Ford Enforcer"!!

When I need something, I won't hesitate to take my car in for service with the following statement " Don't mess with me, I know Deysha!" even before I actually tell them why I'm there hahahaha!
Old 6/10/14, 01:28 PM
Cobra Member

I am happy to report that I did receive a call from my sales guy, letting me know that the car has arrived this afternoon! the downside is that he gave me a Saturday morning time for pick-up. I said no way, that's way too late. I reminded him that he asked for 48 hours and not 96 hours! He's going to change it to Friday, 4pm. that gives me a couple of days (weekend included) to drive it before I fly out to Thunder bay for the week

I'll post pic's as soon as I get the car!
Old 6/10/14, 03:06 PM

No worries, and don't you worry, you are now my official "Ford Enforcer"!!

When I need something, I won't hesitate to take my car in for service with the following statement " Don't mess with me, I know Deysha!" even before I actually tell them why I'm there hahahaha!
Lol! That just made my day!

I am happy to report that I did receive a call from my sales guy, letting me know that the car has arrived this afternoon! the downside is that he gave me a Saturday morning time for pick-up. I said no way, that's way too late. I reminded him that he asked for 48 hours and not 96 hours! He's going to change it to Friday, 4pm. that gives me a couple of days (weekend included) to drive it before I fly out to Thunder bay for the week

I'll post pic's as soon as I get the car!
Congrats again, JoeMidnight! I can’t wait to see the pictures.

Deysha
Old 6/10/14, 04:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got an email from the dealer today that the rail car they were trying to track shows as arrived in Winnipeg as of this morning, and the contents transferred to Allied Trucking for delivery to the dealer. He also advised me that this part can take a few days, but already has a called in to Allied. Now, this info is counter to what Deysha said, that the rail car hadn't even left the factory yet.

Deysha, I'm going to PM you with the rail car number the dealer gave me, I'm not sure if it's within your power, but if you could confirm that it's the same rail car you're watching, that would be great. The information my dealer got is direct from CN Rail.

Now I need to run out and buy myself a 3/4" drill bit for my side exhaust baffles.
Old 6/10/14, 06:08 PM

How are you going to know who has the last S197? I think that I have the last automatic 14 GT/CS based on the last 5 vin and production date of 5/15. Is there any other way to check this? I used the GT/CS registry to chase down what i thought was the last black glass roof automatic car and didn't see any GT/CS produced after 5/15.

Well, for 2015 stuff you may wanna visit the S550 Ordered/Built/Delivered thread...they've got one going now. We're all just hangin' out wondering who's getting the last S197....or who'll be the last to get their S197.
Old 6/10/14, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SGM SCOTT
How are you going to know who has the last S197? I think that I have the last automatic 14 GT/CS based on the last 5 vin and production date of 5/15. Is there any other way to check this? I used the GT/CS registry to chase down what i thought was the last black glass roof automatic car and didn't see any GT/CS produced after 5/15.
My comment was less fact-finding and more chase-the-S550-turncoat-away.

Being that Ford was taking orders until 5/20 and there are a lot of S197's left to build, there's nothing more than speculation and empty claims until the last S197 leaves the factory, rendering any argument on the matter pointless until then.
Old 6/10/14, 10:51 PM

Congratulations to VidPro. That is a sweet ride.

I got my pony about a week ago (Monday, June 2) although the ETA at the Ford site said 7/3/14. That would have been close to 12 weeks waiting. My stang was built on Tuesday, 27th of May (right after Memorial Day. I truly hope those who worked on my ride were rested enough) and it was at my dealer on 6/2. Although my priority was 11, it was all a blur after the pony got built. Two days after it was built, the Ford site said it was awaiting for delivery, and soon after it changed to In Transit. I can't explain how this happened but I'm glad it did.
Old 6/11/14, 12:04 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being that Ford was taking orders until 5/20

Ordering actually closed on 05/01/14. I got my order in a few days before that. Mine should build 06/11/14 or so. Last day of production should be 06/20/14.
Old 6/11/14, 12:31 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SGM SCOTT

I think there could be GT/CS built all the way to the end of production. Here is just a couple 2014 GT/CS Auto that have builds of 5/21.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...5320300&ref=VL

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...5319668&ref=VL

Last edited by Turbo302; 6/11/14 at 12:42 AM.
Old 6/11/14, 05:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Turbo302
Ordering actually closed on 05/01/14. I got my order in a few days before that. Mine should build 06/11/14 or so. Last day of production should be 06/20/14.
My bad, I actually meant 4/20 not 5/20. Point still stands, lot of car left to build before we start wondering about the last one.
Old 6/11/14, 06:14 AM

I got an email from the dealer today that the rail car they were trying to track shows as arrived in Winnipeg as of this morning, and the contents transferred to Allied Trucking for delivery to the dealer. He also advised me that this part can take a few days, but already has a called in to Allied. Now, this info is counter to what Deysha said, that the rail car hadn't even left the factory yet.

Deysha, I'm going to PM you with the rail car number the dealer gave me, I'm not sure if it's within your power, but if you could confirm that it's the same rail car you're watching, that would be great. The information my dealer got is direct from CN Rail.

Now I need to run out and buy myself a 3/4" drill bit for my side exhaust baffles.
No need for the rail car number, lakeguy77. It is in Winnipeg already. I’ll get you more info as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by Cofresi
Congratulations to VidPro. That is a sweet ride.

I got my pony about a week ago (Monday, June 2) although the ETA at the Ford site said 7/3/14. That would have been close to 12 weeks waiting. My stang was built on Tuesday, 27th of May (right after Memorial Day. I truly hope those who worked on my ride were rested enough) and it was at my dealer on 6/2. Although my priority was 11, it was all a blur after the pony got built. Two days after it was built, the Ford site said it was awaiting for delivery, and soon after it changed to In Transit. I can't explain how this happened but I'm glad it did.
It was only 4 hours away and it went by truck, Cofresi. That may have a lot to do with it.

Deysha
Old 6/11/14, 06:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordService
No need for the rail car number, lakeguy77. It is in Winnipeg already. I’ll get you more info as soon as possible.

Deysha
You just made my entire summer
Old 6/11/14, 07:49 AM
Cobra Member

Congrats Buddy, there is no better feeling than when your car unexpectedly shows up out of nowhere!!

P.S - too bad there isn't a smiley face of Carlton (fresh Prince) busting a move!
Old 6/11/14, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats Buddy, there is no better feeling than when your car unexpectedly shows up out of nowhere!!

P.S - too bad there isn't a smiley face of Carlton (fresh Prince) busting a move!
Best explanation I can come up with is Ford is beta testing a teleportation system to reduce shipping costs. Couple days ago it hadn't moved, and now its made the 2-3 week trip in a couple days. Gotta say, I like it!
Old 6/11/14, 12:24 PM
Cobra Member

Friday just can't come fast enough! I'm actually going to head down there after work to talk to the finance guy. They pre-approved me for the loan on the Mustang and I want to figure out some financing details before I go down there so that I'm prepared. I had a family member offer to loan me the money and just repay them back, saving me the $3,500 it was going to cost me in interest

just need to find out the following

A - if I accept the open the loan from Ford which is set for 60 months at %4.99 which accumulates to about $3,500 over those 60 months and then choose to pay it all after a couple of months once the financing term has started, would I have to pay the interest for the whole term? or just interest that the car has been financed for in the duration of time up till i'm prepared to pay the rest of the car off.

This will determine whether or not if I'll just pay the Total price for the car upfront...
Old 6/11/14, 01:28 PM

Woot woot!! Almost there, lakeguy77!

Haha! I agree, JoeMidnight!

Deysha
Old 6/11/14, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Went and creeped the dealer lot tonight after my ultimate game. Gorgeous SGM/Auto/Brembo on the lot, but mine was not there yet. Probably be a couple days, but I'm officially in stalker mode.
Old 6/11/14, 08:52 PM

Went and creeped the dealer lot tonight after my ultimate game. Gorgeous SGM/Auto/Brembo on the lot, but mine was not there yet. Probably be a couple days, but I'm officially in stalker mode.
Nearly there mate. Hang in there, it is worth it.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread