05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Installing a Factory NAV on a 2005 'Stang

Old 12/20/07, 08:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010
I'm thinking your right. Sometime in January, I'll pull it out and send it to ARC and just be done with it and get it done right.

Cheers
Who are ARC and how can I get ahold of them. Also do they guarantee that they can fix everything with the NAV. Thanks
Old 12/23/07, 11:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They problably can get it programmed right, but you will still have the Speed error. From what has been determined you will need a new instrument cluster, late 07 build, to fix the speed error.
Old 1/4/08, 11:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well since Kevin's guy has apparently dropped off the face of the earth. i am returning my nav radio to Kevin. This is not Kevins fault, he has been the most helpful in trying to get the issues solved. I did find a place on E-bay that sells the units and guanatees them to work or a replacement unit or money back. I haven't received the new unit yet, but we'll see how this goes. If any one needs the 6p disc I have a brand new one still in the shrick wrap.
Old 1/4/08, 07:17 PM

asking price on the 6p?
Old 1/5/08, 02:58 PM

if rupdog is not interested in your 6p.....i am. also i have a 4p disc.....how often should you update them....is it personal preferrence or should you wait and update every other one.
Old 1/5/08, 03:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

The new unit I ordered is supposed to come with a 6p disk, but i probably want to wait until it gets here before i let this one go.
Old 1/5/08, 07:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bee bop
Well since Kevin's guy has apparently dropped off the face of the earth. i am returning my nav radio to Kevin. This is not Kevins fault, he has been the most helpful in trying to get the issues solved. I did find a place on E-bay that sells the units and guanatees them to work or a replacement unit or money back. I haven't received the new unit yet, but we'll see how this goes. If any one needs the 6p disc I have a brand new one still in the shrick wrap.
Hope you have better luck with the new one Please keep us posted!!
Old 1/5/08, 07:50 PM
Cobra Member

Keep us up to date on the new one, also do you have a link to the ebay site. I want one bad if we can get everything fixed.
Old 1/5/08, 08:06 PM

please let me know when your new one arrives... assuming i have dibs on this one? please confirm, and PM me a price. thanks!
Old 1/8/08, 08:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Ouch bee bop... I feel your pain.

I am thinking that I will be joining you in a few weeks if KC can't get his guy to appear. I hate to do that to KC because he's a stand up guy, but what else is there to do?

Just out of curiosity, what did you end up going with?

I am considering replacing my factory NAV with the Pioneer Avic Z2.
Old 1/9/08, 08:40 AM

mrkabc,

if you decide to go the z2 route, im selling a NIB (not refurb'd) one for $1100 + shipping (from Los Angeles). I'm also passing on dibs for the 6P disc mentioned in this thread.
Old 1/9/08, 05:34 PM

Help !!

I have a 2008 Mustang Gt Coupe, the car have A shaker 500 sound system but I want a buy a Navigation System, I found in ebay the radio but i don't know if work in my car because all radios are the same but they have diferent numbers....example I found this items:
7LIT-18K931-DB
6L2T-18K931-BC
7L3T-18K931-CE....and more....all are the same but I don't know if all work in the car.
I aprecied your attention and support......my email is chitucan@mac.com and my number (619) 948-4390
Thank You very much.
Old 1/9/08, 08:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Mine out of a Mercury mountaineer has a different part number than the one in the Mustang, but it works just fine. I don't even have teh subwoofer issue and light dimming issue that the others have. My guess is that the units are all the same, but the different part numbers indicate that that specific unit is programmed for a specific car. As discussed on this thread, there is a solution to that.

Cheers
Old 1/9/08, 08:19 PM

Thank You fou you support......... then I can buy anythin radio......but I need programmed the radio ?......My car is a Mustang same to you.
Old 1/9/08, 08:57 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Yes, you should be able to pick up one of those and get it re-programmed to work in the Mustang. There are a couple of people mentioned in this thread that can re-program it for you, you'll have to send it out probably. You could also try checking with a local dealer to see if they can reprogram it for you.
Old 1/9/08, 09:06 PM

Thank you......is to expensive the programed radio ?
Old 1/9/08, 09:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

It Works !!!!!!

The radio was waiting on my porch when I got home. Put it in and viola everything works as advertised. I still get the Speed error, but that was expected, the fix for that is a Late 07 Instrument Cluster. I have none of my other errors that I had on the old unit. Here is another one from the same guy I got mine from.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...spagenameZWDVW

There are others out there that are cheaper, but they don't come programmed, with GPS Antenna, FM Antenna Adapter, or NAV DVD.

Mrkabc: I went back with the factory unit. I couldn't give up on it just yet and this guy guaranteed that it would work or he would replace it or a full refund. I like my Z1 in my 02, but I miss the RDS and the ease of the Mobile Ease system (pun intended). Since I upgraded the Z1 It does have more features and is easily bypassed, so it is fully fuctional at all times, but I think the factory unit is just as good. I hated sending the old unit back to Kevin, but I think Kevin has had it with his guy and so have I. The last time I talked with him he had turned down six orders that day. I hate that he is having problems with this guy. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 1/10/08, 10:42 AM
V6 Member

Question

I still get the Speed error, but that was expected, the fix for that is a Late 07 Instrument Cluster. I have none of my other errors that I had on the old unit.
Does that mean you no longer get the B2477 ECU Configuration Error? Anyone ever determine what this means?

Thanks
Old 1/10/08, 12:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

The only DCT I have is U2473 Vehicle Speed Error, which was expected thanks to Ford not having the cluster code right. The B2477 ECU Configuration Error basicaly means that the radio cannot communicate with the car. My next step is looking into a update cluster to fix the speed error.
Old 1/11/08, 12:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The radio was waiting on my porch when I got home. Put it in and viola everything works as advertised. I still get the Speed error, but that was expected, the fix for that is a Late 07 Instrument Cluster. I have none of my other errors that I had on the old unit. Here is another one from the same guy I got mine from.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...spagenameZWDVW

There are others out there that are cheaper, but they don't come programmed, with GPS Antenna, FM Antenna Adapter, or NAV DVD.

Mrkabc: I went back with the factory unit. I couldn't give up on it just yet and this guy guaranteed that it would work or he would replace it or a full refund. I like my Z1 in my 02, but I miss the RDS and the ease of the Mobile Ease system (pun intended). Since I upgraded the Z1 It does have more features and is easily bypassed, so it is fully fuctional at all times, but I think the factory unit is just as good. I hated sending the old unit back to Kevin, but I think Kevin has had it with his guy and so have I. The last time I talked with him he had turned down six orders that day. I hate that he is having problems with this guy. I hope everything works out for you.
So how would you rate this seller? He is selling used ones? if used how do they look? Will I need a new cluster if my car was made 01/07? Thanks!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing a Factory NAV on a 2005 'Stang