05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Installing a Factory NAV on a 2005 'Stang

Search this Thread

Old 5/17/08, 06:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
USMC0341 and DENLEM

Thanks for the information I think it may help. I noticed that on both of your configurations that the DELAY ACC. was configured MS-CAN. My nav unit shows it's not configured. It may possibly be the problem.

Thanks again for the help.

Al
Old 5/17/08, 09:36 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USMC0341
Thanks Al, tried it and took some pics. just a little background, my car was built in 01/07 and came with the shaker 500. bought/programed the nav unit on ebay. was plug and play with no errors or problems. I hope this info is useful
I note your diagnostics show your altitude as negative. Mine shows 195' even though I am at around 830'. I have 4 satellites shown and only 2D Fix nav as well. Any idea why this is not reading correctly? Mine tracks perfectly on the map, so it is a small thing, but curious why the altitude is wrong.

=Vic=
Old 5/17/08, 10:59 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I just cheked... My altitude is showing as 128 but my Garmin is showing 540.

I'm also showing 7 satellites and a 3D Fix. My map is always in 2D mode and I hate that. I don't see a setting to switch from 2D to 3D and i've never seen it in 3D. Is is possible?

My Garmin is in 3D mode all the time and I like that so much better.
Old 5/17/08, 11:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
I just cheked... My altitude is showing as 128 but my Garmin is showing 540.

I'm also showing 7 satellites and a 3D Fix. My map is always in 2D mode and I hate that. I don't see a setting to switch from 2D to 3D and i've never seen it in 3D. Is is possible?

My Garmin is in 3D mode all the time and I like that so much better.
what's the diffrence between 2d and 3d? my altitude is off but my nav works perfectly
Old 5/17/08, 04:27 PM

After spending a lot of money buying a cluster and sensors for my Mustang, I am curious about who came up with the idea to replace these parts in the first place. Was this idea some urban legend? Is there some mystery out there guy laughing at the stupid saps that were gullible?

Usually these forums are a reliable source of tech info, but in this instance it certainly fell apart.

In retrospect I think I made two mistakes, I accepted advice without a source, and after looking at the chronology, I think I was the first guy to try this solution.

I would still like to know who the "expert" son-of-a-***** was that came up with this idea. Who ever you are, keep your stupid mouth shut when you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

You also might think about moving out of your mother's basement and maybe it's time to quit playing with your action figures.
Old 5/18/08, 12:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by data174
The tire monitoring system was government mandated on all 2007 and up. My 2006 GT did not have TMS. I hope that they can shut off the warning signal and light. On the 2007 and up it will be illegal for the dealers to shut off the TMS system. Maybe when they scan the as is data from my vehicle it will sense that my vehicle does not have TMS. This new system creates a problem when installing after market wheels. It requires that you move the TMS sensors from the old wheels to the new wheels, that becomes costly.

Cheers:
Not that bad actually. New bands are $24 a set of 4. Not that big a deal really and the system works pretty well.
Old 5/18/08, 02:06 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Busted
well ive read the first 100 posts and think you guys are doing great.

However, I am personally not interested in the GPS but I am interested in what you guys did with your units once you took them out. More specifically the shaker 500 with the text and seek on the same button. If you are willing to sell your 500 and a reasonable price, PM me.

If your not sure what im talking about, lemme know, and Ill try to find pics.
Ive gotten no reply to this so I bought a 2008 shaker 500 on ebay. Just a lill over 100 bucks and it comes with the chrome rings.
Old 5/19/08, 12:01 PM

V8Limited,

I didn't see your name on any of the previous posts on this subject, so why would you want to jump in now?

Did my rant upset your sensitive soul, cupcake? You poor dear.
Old 5/30/08, 04:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hi All

Well I tried to make some changes in the configuration, but no luck. I have been in contact with Will at H&H, he is also looking at the errors on the NAV system. He is also not very happy because he installs NAV units in vehicles and its hit or miss. I'm not ready to give up just yet.
As an alternative their is always the new 2009 or 2010.

Cheers Al
Old 5/31/08, 01:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was thinking of the Nav to use in Europe. Any idea if it would work here with the right nav cd?
Old 5/31/08, 10:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
The disk we get for the nav here only includes Canada and US. Check your dealership to see if a disk is available for europe - or check navteq online, as they make the disks for everybody.

Cheers
Old 6/2/08, 12:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jim010
The disk we get for the nav here only includes Canada and US. Check your dealership to see if a disk is available for europe - or check navteq online, as they make the disks for everybody.

Cheers
Thanx. I think it might be possible to use the Mondeo disk for the Mustang in Europe. Asking a dealership in Europe is futile. They have no idea.
Old 6/18/08, 03:04 PM
Cobra Member

This sounds like a good deal.

http://www.teamfordparts.com/partloc...catalogid=5300
Old 6/19/08, 05:19 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by denlem
I've been watching since day one, shaking my head.

Here are the config screens on a 2008 GT/CS Coupe Job 2 Nav.

hmmm looking at the screens can you change the led color to something else? I saw it has green selected
Old 6/19/08, 03:22 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Deric
hmmm looking at the screens can you change the led color to something else? I saw it has green selected
I was wondering that myself. Green is the default and there are no options to change it.

I'd like to see the programming software. There are several 'disabled' and "not enabled" options i'd like to know if they can 'enabled'. Center amp and surround 5.1? Hmmm...

Things like FES Multichannel and Limited FES. What would those disabled options be?
Old 6/20/08, 06:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hi All

I finally gave up on trying to correct the problem with my 2006 GT and the navigation radio. So, I ordered a 2009 Mustang GT/CS dark candy apple. I was not happy with the specs for the glass roof or the price.
I kept my 2008 Navigation radio and will install it in 2009. I Hope it works.
In reference to the color background I think it can only be green or white.? I wish I could purchase the programming software, but I think it's limited to ford authorized repair dealers. Even the ford dealerships do not have it.

Cheers Al
Old 6/29/08, 02:55 PM

Hi, Im new to all this but I bought a 2008 nav system from an f-250 that was less than 2 months old, I have a 2006 mustang v6 pony package with a factory shaker 500. I have an aftermarket hd radio controller and an aftermarket ipod connector plus a motorola hands free phone unit. My cousin works at a car audio place as an installer and he was going to install all of this for me. My question is, is it even worth going through all the trouble of installing when im going to have so many issues?!?!?! And if I decide to sell the nav unit will all the aftermarket stuff I got with it still work? I really dont want an aftermarket stereo because I like the factory look and I love my cd changer ( being the newest vehichle ive ever owned I wanna keep it nice as long as possible )! I would preferr not to get rid of the new nav system but if it looks like theres gonna be a chance that the nav might not work my dad will probably make me put it back on Ebay That will be a sad day indeed! ) Im moving to michigan in a couple of months for college so I really need a nav system. Anyway If anybody could help me make the best decision that would be greatly appriciated, Thanks...
Old 6/30/08, 08:29 AM

Matt,

If you put in the Nav system, I would forget all the after market gear. The OEM system I put in my '05 works very well, I just have to hit the OK button when I turn it on. It is functionally no different than the OEM system in my '07 F150.

Good luck in school.
Old 6/30/08, 01:16 PM

Thanks I went ahead a put it in and everything works fine except the things that need to be reprogramed but im still happy. I called ARC about my system and they said I shouldnt even be getting the speed sensor error because mine was an 06 v6 they said it was only on the 07's but I have it anyway. Im gonna send my unit off today to ARC to have it programed so lets hope everything goes good
Old 7/1/08, 05:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

After reading pages upon pages of you guys pulling your hair out to get the darn factory nav to work in older cars I decided to buy a TomTom. Best **** $250 I've ever spent. It actually has much better maps than what Ford is currently offering.

Quick Reply: Installing a Factory NAV on a 2005 'Stang