05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Installing a Factory NAV on a 2005 'Stang

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/07, 05:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mrkabc,
I sent you a PM with the DTC codes. I also forwarded them to Kevin. I am still bringing it to the local dealer Thrusday. I will let you know what they say.
Old 4/24/07, 05:27 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you tell me which code you have . By chance would it be U2473 speed error code?
Old 4/24/07, 05:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Gottahaveit: KC doesn't like his prices posted on the forum.

PM sent!
Old 4/24/07, 05:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks & it's what I figured, rec PM's thanks now how do I not pay Duty get him to sell to a dutie free store & I'll pick it up LOL
Old 4/24/07, 05:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by redmsgt
Can you tell me which code you have . By chance would it be U2473 speed error code?
No need to keep the codes on the down low... The DTCs I am showing are:

B2477 ECU Configuration Failure
B2204 GPS Antenna Connection Failure
U2473 Vehicle Speed Error

I am assuming that the B2204 GPS Antenna Failure is because when I ran the diagnostic I was inside my garage and had no GPS signal. As soon as I exit my garage the "No GPS" symbol disappears and the NAV unit functions normally - according to the manual that is normal operation to not have GPS functionality inside structures.

Thanks Bee Bop for the PM! I replied to you.

KC and Bee Bop are working on solutions...
It's fun being a trail blazer!
Old 4/24/07, 06:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

I had the following codes on mine.
U1900 CAN Communication Failure
I cleared the codes and B2477 and U2473 are the only ones that came back. I believe the middle two were there from when they hooked it up at the supplier, because my car was outside when I ran the diag. I will hopefuly know more Thursday evening.

Redmsgt,
Do you have a GT500 or the shaker 1000? If so that could be why you have the U2473. I know there is a problem with the GT500's even from the factory.
Old 4/24/07, 11:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Thanks & it's what I figured, rec PM's thanks now how do I not pay Duty get him to sell to a dutie free store & I'll pick it up LOL
Got any friends in Seattle? Maybe you could have it shipped to someone in the states. Take a drive down to visit... and install it while you're there.
Old 4/25/07, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Update:

I talked to KC today, he is looking in to the error message and bass issue.
Well if the bass issue and such get fixed the factory nav may be on my radar again for a needed mod
Keep us posted.
Old 4/25/07, 12:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dekujala
Well if the bass issue and such get fixed the factory nav may be on my radar again for a needed mod
Keep us posted.
I believe that the bass issue is a result of my unit not being programmed for my car - looks like the factory sent me the wrong unit.

In a nutshell, the reason I don't have any bass is because my subwoofers are turned off in the system!

It's an easy fix, just need the programming to be enabled for my car.
Old 4/25/07, 04:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well tomorrow is the day I drop mine off to get programmed. I am not expecting much if this turns out like trying to get my fog lamps programmed. That ordeal took three dealers to figure out. The Ford tech line would not help, but by crackie it was done. Will let you know how it goes.
Old 4/25/07, 04:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by bee bop
Well tomorrow is the day I drop mine off to get programmed. I am not expecting much if this turns out like trying to get my fog lamps programmed. That ordeal took three dealers to figure out. The Ford tech line would not help, but by crackie it was done. Will let you know how it goes.

Old 4/25/07, 07:06 PM
GT Member

I had the following codes on mine.
U1900 CAN Communication Failure
I cleared the codes and B2477 and U2473 are the only ones that came back. I believe the middle two were there from when they hooked it up at the supplier, because my car was outside when I ran the diag. I will hopefuly know more Thursday evening.

Redmsgt,
Do you have a GT500 or the shaker 1000? If so that could be why you have the U2473. I know there is a problem with the GT500's even from the factory.
I have a 06 gt only no shaker 1000 and what I have learned is that Ford has a programming issue related to the mustangs only. The gt 500 are not having any issue. Ford has narrowed the problem down to the ECM. They are still trying to find the resolution to this code U2473. Apparently it effects 07 production units as well . The mystery is that it does not affect every unit. Some cars with this option are code free even though the have the same programming. I am interested to hear what you learn.
Old 4/26/07, 07:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

I dropped it off at 8 this morning. The guy should be there by now. I also put my old radio in the trunk if they need any programming from it. Hope to hear something before too long.
Old 4/26/07, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by redmsgt
I have a 06 gt only no shaker 1000 and what I have learned is that Ford has a programming issue related to the mustangs only. The gt 500 are not having any issue. Ford has narrowed the problem down to the ECM. They are still trying to find the resolution to this code U2473. Apparently it effects 07 production units as well . The mystery is that it does not affect every unit. Some cars with this option are code free even though the have the same programming. I am interested to hear what you learn.
Its effecting the GT500s too. I have one with the same error and a message from Pioneer that they are working the issue. It works fine once the error is cleared except for the speed sensitive volume.
Old 4/26/07, 11:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

I have the results from today. It is a nogo. They said that the unit is from an explorer and there is currently no solution for this issue and once there is one it will run about $200 to reprogram and take about 2-3 days. Hopefully Kevin will find a solution to this issue. Personaly I don't see how it would matter what the radio is made for it is a ford product and they all have the same radios and sould work similar.
Old 4/26/07, 12:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I have the results from today. It is a nogo. They said that the unit is from an explorer and there is currently no solution for this issue and once there is one it will run about $200 to reprogram and take about 2-3 days. Hopefully Kevin will find a solution to this issue. Personaly I don't see how it would matter what the radio is made for it is a ford product and they all have the same radios and sould work similar.
Greatttt... I agree with you, where the unit came from shouldn't matter. Interesting.

KC says his "audio guy" is working on it as of yesterday's update.

I'll keep you posted!
Old 4/26/07, 01:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

I talked to Kevin just a little while ago. He wanted me to send him the error codes (for some reason they didn't make it last night) and the information off of the stock radio. Hopefully they will come up with a solution. He said that even the 07 from the factory were having issues as well.
Old 4/26/07, 06:04 PM
GT Member

It does not matter what vehicle the radio came from as the new programming matches it to the new vehicle. Mine originally came frome a 07 mountaineer.It had the Mercury logo and now that it was reprogrammed it has the Ford logo. Keep us posted.
Old 4/27/07, 10:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Yep, the one I purchased was actually FOR a 07 GT-500 and still needed programming to match it to the ECU. Still has the vehicle speed error which Pioneer says they are aware of and occurs in OEM equipped mustangs and shelbys.

Let us know what KC's audio guy finds out. Hopefully some later information than what I have from about 6 weeks ago.
Old 4/27/07, 11:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

As soon as I hear from KC (and his audio guy) I'll let you all know.

It's fun being a pioneer isn't it?

Quick Reply: Installing a Factory NAV on a 2005 'Stang