05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Installing a Factory NAV on a 2005 'Stang

Old 7/2/08, 08:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wht05vert
V8Limited,

I didn't see your name on any of the previous posts on this subject, so why would you want to jump in now?

Did my rant upset your sensitive soul, cupcake? You poor dear.

is this guy for real?
Old 7/3/08, 07:46 AM

As real as it gets sonny.
Old 7/12/08, 08:38 AM
V6 Member

Hummm

As real as it gets sonny.
I see you joined here for the purpose of working out the Nav issue and I TOTALLY understand that. I don't post here very much as I am on other forums that take up my time but I do find the information here valuable and sometimes lurking is good!

To better set your expectations here, or in any enthusiast forum, people here help one another and to do that often do things that Ford wouldn't recommend. Sometimes Ford says "X" can't be done but together people, many who have a much lower sense of fear than I do, strike out and try to work around the problem. Sometimes we win, sometimes Ford wins.

In any case you need to decide if you're going to be one of these contributors that "takes one for the team" or your going to lurk and wait until someone else spends time and $$$$ to at least try. In this case in your frustration to get this to work, you seemed to have jumped on any and all options presented. That's fine! But don't come back in here and blame people because in the end it didn't work. Be it unsupported Nav updates or bigger breaks, sometimes the only way to know if it will work is for someone to try it.

You tried it...didn't work. Don't cry now about it. If you can't afford to be on the edge then from now on take your car to your dealership and follow Ford's direction. You can't have it both ways. Either you try these options or you wait till someone else has.

That's just the way it works!
Old 7/14/08, 07:35 AM

Jeff, just exactly how is this of any concern to you? Or did you think this was an opportunity to pontificate on the misfortune of others anonymously?

You have made no contribution to the resolution the nav system issue and you have risked none of your own money. It's useless dip****s like you that pollute auto forums with meaningless drivel about their "feelings".

Jeff, put your hand back in your pants, or do what ever people like you do all day, and let the big boys solve technical problems.
Old 7/14/08, 11:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Not that I think wht05vert needs a defense, but he posted his rant a couple months ago, and didn't mention it again unless someone wanted to comment on his post. He wasn't looking to waste the thread with this (like I am doing right now, I admit). Looking at his post, he acknowledges that he could have done his homework better:

In retrospect I think I made two mistakes, I accepted advice without a source, and after looking at the chronology, I think I was the first guy to try this solution.
I accept his one time rant - he invested alot with no payoff. I get it ... he's angry. Who wouldn't be? I also have this nav and sent it off to be programmed, but now my CD player doesn't work after it has been returned, and it won't read the DVD drive either, and it's been 3 months talking with the programmer to get things set straight between him and the shipper, and now I have to get another unit and have it programmed out of my own pocket. I'm pissed.

Moral of the story - let a guy get it off his chest once.

And so I don't keep wasting this thread, I promise the next time I post, it will only be about the nav.

Last edited by jim010; 7/14/08 at 11:29 AM.
Old 7/16/08, 08:29 AM
V6 Member

Jeff, just exactly how is this of any concern to you? Or did you think this was an opportunity to pontificate on the misfortune of others anonymously?

You have made no contribution to the resolution the nav system issue and you have risked none of your own money. It's useless dip****s like you that pollute auto forums with meaningless drivel about their "feelings".

Jeff, put your hand back in your pants, or do what ever people like you do all day, and let the big boys solve technical problems.
Wow...you have some serious anger management issues. Now, as for the Nav issues I see it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Carry on gents!
Old 7/26/08, 07:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just wondering if any software mods have been found so you can play movies on factory Nav unit.
Seems like for the $$ you could get that feature in an aftermarket unit. As far as actual use of the nav function, I never drive my car out of town so, don't have much need for that.

Last edited by awakeinAZ; 7/26/08 at 07:32 AM.
Old 7/28/08, 10:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some where in this post or another about the nav unit I posted a link to an adapter that would let you plav DVDs on the nav unit, but you had to have an external dvd player. The buit in DVD drive is nav only.
Old 7/30/08, 05:22 PM
GT Member

OK after reading all of these posts, can an 05 mustang GT with a shaker 1000 be outfitted with a factory nav, or not, and have it work???? Simple question, simple answer...

YES??

OR

NO???
Old 7/30/08, 11:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangbaxter
OK after reading all of these posts, can an 05 mustang GT with a shaker 1000 be outfitted with a factory nav, or not, and have it work???? Simple question, simple answer...

YES??

OR

NO???

No it will not work with the 1000 sub
Old 7/31/08, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by USMC0341
No it will not work with the 1000 sub
It will work if you don't hook up the sub in the trunk. The radio has to be programed for the options in your car. The nav units are used in all sorts of Ford products, the 1000 sub in the trunk is apparently a unique to mustang part and consequently the radio doesn't support it. The nav unit can be programed to support the micro subs in the doors of a Mustang and it works great.
Old 11/28/08, 10:36 PM

Vehicle Speed

I just bought one of these navigation units off of ebay for installation in my 2005 model year mustang (build date of late 2004). I expected to have the speed sensor error from reading this thread. I sent my unit to Will at H&H to program and when I got the unit back, I had the "Navigation Fault" error message and the U2473 Vehicle Speed Sensor DTC as expected. I inquired about this with will and he seems to think that changing the setting for "Vehicle Speed" from MS-CAN to H/W may solve this problem. He says there's only a couple settings there could be for this particular option, the last one being "Not configured". Before i take my car apart for the 3rd time and send this unit back, has anyone else tried these settings with any luck?
Old 11/29/08, 05:01 PM
GT Member

Its not a big deal with the error code just live with it and forget about it as everything works fine. I did .
Old 11/30/08, 12:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MethodMas
I tried most of the changes that could possibly delete the speed sensor U2473 error, including the MS-CAN and H/W change. It made no difference.

Good Luck AL
Old 12/29/08, 08:52 AM

data174,

Have you tried (Or does there exist) the "not available" option instead of "H/W" or "MS-CAN"?
Old 1/1/09, 07:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Those are the only selections that the programer can choose for that specific function. The problem only exist on 05,06 and some early model 07s.

Al
Old 1/8/09, 05:22 AM
Bullitt Member

is anyone here capable of locating the sync navigation equipped radio that's in the 09 escape? Yes the HDD radio is what im looking for. I cant seem to find a single unit on e-bay or online shops.

I know this is a bit out of place but I am assuming this thread deals with retrofitting navi on the stang witch is what im trying to do.

If anyone has a reasonable cost unit for sale id love to buy it.
Old 1/8/09, 01:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
I had done this already, and can confirm that there is an issue with volume. When installed, the volume can be on max, but the sound from the speakers is very low. This was the only issue I came up with, but no one has found a fix.

I got mine off ebay for $600 but have since sold it.

Also, no one programs for these yet, either.

Cheers
Old 1/8/09, 01:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jim010
I had done this already, and can confirm that there is an issue with volume. When installed, the volume can be on max, but the sound from the speakers is very low. This was the only issue I came up with, but no one has found a fix.

I got mine off ebay for $600 but have since sold it.

Also, no one programs for these yet, either.

Cheers
Ah the fix, the reason you got low volume is because the 09 unit does not have any built in amps. The solution is to add a 4chanel aftermarket amp to the wiring. A 300w 4chanel amp should more than be acceptable. The only thing left would be activating the shaker subs.
Old 1/8/09, 02:12 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am thinking of getting the nav unit for my 06. BUT I dont really want the nav unit operational,,, just the touch screen gadgets and everything else that you get with it. I know by reading the posts that there is an issue with an error screen upon start up. Can these units have just the GPS disabled, and leave everything else functional?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing a Factory NAV on a 2005 'Stang