05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Installing a Factory NAV on a 2005 'Stang

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/07, 08:00 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They only need to reprogram the ACM . (audio contol module) to get the radio to work. Check to see if your dealer will do this first before your purchase or else check previous posts to send it off.
Old 7/25/07, 01:01 PM
V6 Member

Any updates? I've been holding off on upgrading until the speed error has been fixed. Odd that neither Ford nor Pioneer have come up with a solution since factory installed nav units can also have the error.
Old 7/28/07, 11:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update from 7/27

I talked with Kevin Friday. He said his guy was getting a 08 with factory nav. either Thurs or Friday and was going to try to pull the code from it. Hopefully it will not be too much longer. Mine works fine as long as I have a GPS signal, if i loose it, it will stop until it reaquires the sats and it will catch up. It sounds good even without the door subs. I just confirmed that they were not working. If I hear anything I will post it here.
Old 8/8/07, 02:08 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
No news yet?
Old 8/15/07, 12:47 PM
V6 Member

Still no news?
Old 8/17/07, 12:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

im going to pick up my new 08 gt in the next week or so......will i have the errors even if the mustang im getting is an 08 with shaker 1000?
Old 8/17/07, 10:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Kevin and I have been playing phone tag. I'll try him again this afternoon. He left me a message on my voice mail so I need to check in and see what's up?

The factory NAV system isn't available stock with the Shaker 1000. I'm sort of the test mule to see if it worked with the S1000, and so far it hasn't. Terrible audio quality. To be fair, it appears that the unit was programmed properly from the factory.

Hmmm... sounds like a good time to call KC for an update. It's been a few months now and I still don't have a working Shaker 1000 system.
Old 8/17/07, 02:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

I talked with Kevin after Lunch he tried callin his tech and couldn't get him to answer. So he was going to email him. I just got an e-mail fron Kevin here it is.

"Hello,

As Per My Supplier Today New Nav Units to Ship Soon! Finally Got him on the Phone! Will reship as soon as I receive! I will Send Call Tags For Return of Defective Units! Thank You for Your Infinite Patience!

Regards,

KC"

So hopefully the problems are solved with the possible exception of the speed sensor. At leat that is the last I heard fron Kevin, but we'll see soon.
Old 8/17/07, 02:47 PM

Is that for you and the others who bought the system to replace your S1000? I got mine off of e-bay (S500 in my car) and haven't had it reprogrammed yet because I was waiting for a fix for the speed sensor. Didn't want to have to send it out twice.

Should I just give up on the speed sensor and get it reprogrammed now?
Old 8/17/07, 03:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
Is that for you and the others who bought the system to replace your S1000? I got mine off of e-bay (S500 in my car) and haven't had it reprogrammed yet because I was waiting for a fix for the speed sensor. Didn't want to have to send it out twice.

Should I just give up on the speed sensor and get it reprogrammed now?
I talked to KC today, and the answer is "YES" (you should give up on the speed sensor error). It looks like there isn't a solution for this problem.

I have decided to live with it as long as my Shaker 1000 works. Hopefully the new reprogrammed unit will actually run the subs this time... (fingers crossed)
Old 8/18/07, 12:11 AM

nav

can we rehash the speed sensor error. i installed a 07 unit into an 06 model. my speed volume control works fine but if you check the system for errors it will show the speed error code or nav fault but everything still works flawlessly. i take it...this is the error that we are trying to eliminate.....by the way my car was originally a shaker 500 model and i too had to hunt down the correct antenna for the {am/fm} radio signal.
Old 8/18/07, 06:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Yes, that is the error. It happens on many 07s with factory installed NAV, not just aftermarket sales. Ford now has no intension of fixing this and is planning to issue a TSB basicly stating that it is to be considered 'normal' and causes no other difficulties. Press OK and continue....

I am ****ED. I have a defective component and Ford refuses to fix. Not the first time they have pulled this. There is a fix, the 08s do not have the problem. Likely a retrofit of all components necessary to accomplish the fix is cost prohibitive. (New powertrain control module and major portions of the main wiring harness are new for 08). Since it works fine without the speed input, one would think that Pioneer could just program a mask to ignore the error and move on. Heck, I'd be happy with that.

Shoot, release the source code and the aftermarket will take care of it.....and other things like DVD playing....
Old 8/18/07, 08:14 AM

nav

thanks, i really like that "masking" idea you mention, that would allow
for a few less fingerprints on the screen...lol
Old 8/18/07, 01:46 PM

Yeah, I'd be fine with that too. Oh well, I'll get it programmed finally and live with hitting "OK".
Old 8/18/07, 04:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

I doubt Ford would change modules. There is probably some coding changes. Hopefully with the radio code only. Kevins guy is supposed to have an 08 to pull the code from so maybe everything will be fixed. The thing that is weird to me is I have an AVIC-Z1 in my 02 and the radio works fine with the speed sensor signal it puts out.
Old 8/19/07, 06:57 AM
Bullitt Member

The problem is on the 05 and up cars, there is no speed sensor signal at the radio. Its a data point in the data bus and the Pioneer Nav radio is having difficulty reading it for some reason on the 07s.
Old 8/20/07, 02:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by bee bop
I doubt Ford would change modules. There is probably some coding changes. Hopefully with the radio code only. Kevins guy is supposed to have an 08 to pull the code from so maybe everything will be fixed.
My last conversation with Kevin centered around getting my subwoofers to work. I think we have all resigned ourselves to that error and hitting the "ok" button. I don't care anymore, I just want my Shaker 1000 to work.
Old 8/21/07, 12:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Just when you thought you had the best the factory could give you with a factory nav...

Voice-activated Navigation – Ford’s award-winning navigation systems get more functionality for 2008, with the DVD-based system now featuring voice activation for more convenient hands-free operation. Getting to the adventure is easier with this system, which covers the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii, and features a 6.5-inch color touch screen that reads and communicates directions and street names in English, Spanish and French. Voice-activated navigation is programmed with more than 100 commands. It’s available on 13 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury products for 2008.
They also offer this...

Ford Sync™ – a voice-activated, hands-free, in-car communications and entertainment system – fully integrates mobile phones and media players into the vehicle using Bluetooth technology and USB connectivity. It seamlessly integrates the vehicle with the popular portable electronic devices of today and is upgradeable to support the devices and services of tomorrow. Unlike any other system, Sync allows users to control devices such as iPods simply by speaking to them. Developed in collaboration with Microsoft, Sync will be offered on 12 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles later this year, and on nearly all Ford, Lincoln and Mercury products within two years.

Cheers
Old 8/21/07, 01:31 PM

Exclamation Clarification

Clarification.

I have a 2006 Mustang Convertible.

If I want Nav I have to live with:

1. U2473 speed error code.
2. Pointer going in the wrong direction
3. being 100 feet of course.

My options in purchase is to buy new or
get one out of another ford product and pay for re-programming.

Does anyone know which model ford I can get a used nav from
and have it work in my mustang without reprogramming?

I could live with the gremlins for $500-$600 but not for the cost of
a new unit.

Thank You
Old 8/21/07, 02:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

The only Problem I have with mine, other than the subs, is the speed error. My arrow points correctly and It is pretty accurate when it has a GPS Signal. The direction the arrow points depends on which mode you have the unit in. You can have it where the top of the screen is always North or where the top of the screen is the direction you are traveling. If it is set where North is the top then the Arrow will rotate depending on the direction you are traveling. Say you are heading south then the arrow will point to the bottom of the screen. In the other mode the arrow will always point to the top of the screen and the map will rotate around it.

Quick Reply: Installing a Factory NAV on a 2005 'Stang