05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Louver replacement for quarter window glass

Search this Thread

Old 9/5/06, 09:59 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by WarningSLO
I could, but you're going to see a black outline when the real thing is installed. There will be a slight gap between the quarter panel and the louvers, thus the black outline.
Change it to a dark grey. (old model car trick) Notice how the louver's black line stands out so much more than the door panel line.
Old 9/5/06, 10:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could, but you're going to see a black outline when the real thing is installed. There will be a slight gap between the quarter panel and the louvers, thus the black outline.
Another reason I am glad I have a black stang
Old 9/6/06, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by StangNut
Change it to a dark grey. (old model car trick) Notice how the louver's black line stands out so much more than the door panel line.
Thanks for the tip. Never really used photoshop before other than to resize pics and adjust color levels.
Hope this one looks a little better:

Attachment 8704
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-louvers2.jpg  
Old 9/6/06, 12:38 PM

Looks much more realistic.
Old 9/6/06, 12:49 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good - but I wonder how it will look "as molded" in the smoke transparent finish... that's the one I think I'm going to like for some reason...
Old 9/6/06, 02:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Looks good - but I wonder how it will look "as molded" in the smoke transparent finish... that's the one I think I'm going to like for some reason...
Maybe a little something like this but obviously with some transparency to it. I think it looks good on a white car, but I don't know if it'll work on any other colors.

Attachment 8706
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-louvers2.jpg  
Old 9/6/06, 02:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe a little something like this but obviously with some transparency to it. I think it looks good on a white car, but I don't know if it'll work on any other colors.

Attachment 8706
Sure would be nice to see the install they have on their test car...
Old 9/6/06, 02:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't think Marcello has had enough time to actually install it yet with the show and the tropical storm and everything.

But I'm sure he will get to it very soon.

EDIT: Yeah I'm still bored, so here's another photoshop:

Attachment 8707
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-louvers3.jpg  
Old 9/6/06, 06:13 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Yeah, it's on the short list. I have to get the medallions up on the site, people want to order them, and they can't yet...

We just got caught up with the show orders and all the orders that came in while we were at the show, so now we're getting things organized again, and getting over scratching up the rear bumper in the trailer ride home..

On the plus side, 300 sets of our new (not seen anywhere yet) door handle sets are in production.

And the new cup holder bezels that we showed off that actually hold common drinks are in production as well. Seems the machine shop had some time free up while we were gone...

Oh, and on the chops - look good, but they are kind of missing something... maybe it's the 15 degree backsweep of the vent, or something, but I'll get to work on the real deal as soon as I can to get things rolling... That, and why the passenger side? The pictures are all of the driver side piece, since the passenger side is just in the computer model world right now.

Oh, and the plates arrived for the molds, so machining should start on them by the end of the week...
Old 9/6/06, 06:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Not sure what you mean by the 15 degree backsweep; I just used your pic from post #303 and cut and paste it into a full size pic. It's just coincidence that I ended up using the passenger side. I was looking for good side shots of Performance White and Tungsten stangs and they both ended up being from the passenger side.

All my work is in the computer world as well

Can't wait to see the real thing!
Old 9/6/06, 06:31 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Not sure what you mean by the 15 degree backsweep; I just used your pic from post #303 and cut and paste it into a full size pic. It's just coincidence that I ended up using the passenger side. I was looking for good side shots of Performance White and Tungsten stangs and they both ended up being from the passenger side.

All my work is in the computer world as well

Can't wait to see the real thing!
The back cut that the "window" portion makes is at 15 degrees - but looking at post 303, I can see that it is hard to see from the photo since I painted the whole thing white in a hurry to get it posted. I'm not knocking your chop abilities - it is obvious mine are pretty poor, so I have no room to knock anything anyone else does!

The real thing - November. The prototype installed - sooner. But I want to re-sand it now that I have some time and get it looking nice before bolting it to the car. And since I have to paint a back bumper as well, might as well get the correct color white for the job, rather than appliance white from ACE hardware...
Old 9/6/06, 10:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

When can we get some pictures of the entire thing done and painted? (even if it's just the prototype)

I'm having an extremely hard time picturing what it is going to look like.
Old 9/11/06, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Old 9/11/06, 12:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

heh
Old 9/11/06, 12:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

A few good questions.

Final word on how long install will take? When will be able to see pics of an install? Is it reversible? I know everything's reversible for the right price. So I mean is it going to cost a fortune if I decide to switch back? If I pre-order is card charged now or am I just put on a list for the $109 price? Will you actually be able to see through them?
Old 9/11/06, 04:43 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
A few good questions.

Final word on how long install will take? When will be able to see pics of an install? Is it reversible? I know everything's reversible for the right price. So I mean is it going to cost a fortune if I decide to switch back? If I pre-order is card charged now or am I just put on a list for the $109 price? Will you actually be able to see through them?
Nope, not yet. Been very busy since the MCA show just trying to keep up. We worked straight throught the weekend, and seemed to get nowhere.. (on other stuff, not this)

The idea with all our products is to try and always be reversible 100%. This product is no different.

Pre-orders are charged at the time of order. That's how you get the discount, and we have a little extra capital to help put towards the molds and pre-production costs. You win with a lower price, we win because we know you are getting a set.

Visibility has been a design element since day one. Will you see through them as well as the glass? No. Will you see through them better than the other stuff that is available on the market, yes.

And quit poking me.. , we're getting things done as fast as we can, unfortunately sometimes projects get moved back to get other "hot" things done... (Yes I know you are joking, so it's all good, I've just been wanting to say that now for a while ) I need some emoticons to strike back, but none of the ones in VB are what I'm looking for... hmmm, another project to get sidetracked on!!
Old 9/11/06, 04:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Haha, alright I'll try and go easy on the poking. We all appreciate the fact that you even log in here at all. It's great that you're giving the consumer so much inside info and even a little bit of input on design elements. You do top notch work at an amazing price (especially the pre-order price on these louvers!). Thanks Marcello!
Old 9/11/06, 06:17 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Flattery will get you everywhere...

Oh, and Spike TV called back today - we made it past round one anyway... maybe we'll be doing a cannonball run next month!
Old 9/12/06, 06:58 AM

Retaliatory emoticons?

And hey, if someone's poking you, poke them back.

(however the brick's my favorite)
Old 9/12/06, 07:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Marello, why will you be on spike? And what will be shown on spike?

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass