The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/)
-   -   Louver replacement for quarter window glass (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/louver-replacement-quarter-window-glass-426702/)

05fordgt 12/9/05 12:36 PM

I saw the pic below on the SEMA link a month ago, but haven't heard any info on the possibility of this product being produced since SEMA ended. I read that the SEMA set was a one-off, but plans were being sorted out for full production.

[attachmentid=40431]

My question, has anyone heard any info in regards to these being made for the public to buy. I saw on the thread, that I wasn't alone in liking these, as many had expressed interest in getting a set. If anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate it. These would look KILLER on the car, especially if they are functional. Thanks for the help. :nice:

05musclestang 12/9/05 12:51 PM

I don't know anything about them because this is the first time i've seen them, but they look AWESOME! :drool:

rony1976 12/9/05 01:01 PM

I like that one too... I like roush's as well, I think that's what's going in my car next year...

05fordgt 12/9/05 05:06 PM

This picture was posted with some info that the company was looking for a company to produce quantiy. I just like these, as they actually replace the quater glass, instead of the overlay louvers. I personally never use those windows anyhow. I use my mirrors when I need to pass someone. Here's to hope that someone has info on these. My car is screaming for these. :nice:

joesmustang 12/10/05 01:16 PM

i agree, we need some actual louvers instead of big plastic stickers!! And maybe once one company puts out some louvers, some others will follow and we'll have a selection of different styles.

SilverHorse-----Racing 12/10/05 07:04 PM

There's a problem with the factory quarter-panel sheetmetal causing some issues as far as "balance" and appearance go. It's being worked on, because we don't want people to have to cut the quarter panel to be able to install a set.

That's all I can say :)

joesmustang 12/10/05 09:41 PM

hmmm...so thats all you can say huh? come one, share a little more with us.

05fordgt 12/12/05 12:07 PM

Originally posted by joesmustang@December 10, 2005, 10:44 PM
hmmm...so thats all you can say huh? come one, share a little more with us.

Yeah, Marcello, don't leave us hanging on the possibility of these coming out. I can keep a secret :jester: . Anyway, is your company looking into the idea of making a set of these? Let me know, as I really would want a set, assuming there isn't any issues with leaks, and noise. :nice:

afcop13 12/12/05 02:19 PM

Another VERY INTERESTED potential buyer here! Although I did just order some SS Gen II's for mine. I'd trade those in for the real deal!

Wayward 12/12/05 09:25 PM

:nice: :nice:
I have been waiting for exactly such a product.... Sounds like I'll be waiting a little longer.

Has anyone seen or considered breakin' out the welding tools to smooth out the seam and make the louvers appear part of the body??? :flame:

Just a thought. Just a thought. :peace:

WarningSLO 12/12/05 09:32 PM

I've been waiting for these. I sure hope they're functional.

Cleveland 12/12/05 11:15 PM

Originally posted by WarningSLO@December 12, 2005, 8:35 PM
I've been waiting for these. I sure hope they're functional.

You say you hope they're functional, but what type of function would you want from them?

If you want them to be like the ones on the classics they will have an interior lever that would allow the flow of air inside and out.

I wouldnt care for any such function cause it doesnt make much sense on this modern car. Plus, by being "functional" the cost will be much higher and I wouldnt want to spend my money on that.

Its a nice smooth look that is built into the body as opposed to being a stick on that protrudes from it. Thats all I care for in its design, it doesnt need anything else. :nice:

-Dan

don_w 12/12/05 11:23 PM

Originally posted by Cleveland@December 12, 2005, 10:18 PM
Its a nice smooth look that is built into the body as opposed to being a stick on that protrudes from it. Thats all I care for in its design, it doesnt need anything else. :nice:

I agree... I like the flush fit -- that's good enough for me!

White-GT 12/12/05 11:52 PM

I agree. This is the louver set that I would buy. Functional or not.
I just love the flush look.
Wasn't that car done by Xtreme Mustang Performance?
www.x-m-p.com They have a lame, not updated web site.

TorchRedBeauty 12/13/05 08:20 AM

Count me in on the list of interested parties! :nice: I'd love to see a set that is flush with the body come to market.

-TRB

05fordgt 12/13/05 01:21 PM

I'm glad I'm not alone in wanting a set. I am so glad I posted this topic. Now, if only someone comes up with the product. :nice:

CelticNut 12/13/05 01:37 PM

That figures... :jester:

Just when I've decided on a replacement set of louvers, they've got to come out with ones that sit completely flush with the c-pillar! Are these things going into production?

I'm replacing my SSE Gen II's with the 9-vent ones offered through SS Inserts. But these kick butt!

WarningSLO 12/13/05 01:44 PM

I guess they don't HAVE to be functional, but I still think it would be cool. I don't see how it wouldn't work on a modern car, there are plenty of cars out there that have windows in the back that pop out an inch or so to vent air. Same concept in my book.

05fordgt 12/13/05 04:44 PM

Originally posted by CelticCub@December 13, 2005, 2:40 PM
That figures... :jester:

Just when I've decided on a replacement set of louvers, they've got to come out with ones that sit completely flush with the c-pillar! Are these things going into production?

I'm replacing my SSE Gen II's with the 9-vent ones offered through SS Inserts. But these kick butt!

Chris, that is what I am trying to find out. If these went into production, I would be all over a set of these. They look FANTASTIC, being flush with the body. Hears to hoping they are being though of for production. :nice:

davids2toys 12/13/05 05:00 PM

They would be great for sure, anybody want to buy my CDC louvers... :jester: