05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Louver replacement for quarter window glass

Search this Thread

Old 12/18/06, 03:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been keeping my eye on this as I did not end up keeping my Roush louvers, I really must say these are fantastic, truly high quality looking stuff.
Old 12/18/06, 03:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good!
Old 12/18/06, 03:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Painting question?

Well Marcello a lot of times to have them pre painted is awesome for us customers that will have to search for someone that can do them properly. First of all. I know there will be several ideas on how to paint them. If you end up offering them to get painted, hopefully there will be some options on how to paint them, so like just outside edge like factory black or body color, or maybe one side of the angles of the louver etc. Hopefully your painting people can come up with a couple of options. I myself cant wait but have to see them in person to really see what is going to look good painted where, or at least some examples from your painting people. Thanks for helping us out, this is going to be an awesome product.
Old 12/18/06, 03:36 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm still not sure how I'm going to do mine, I'm thinking of mocking it up with blue tape a couple of ways before I actually get them painted. Since my car is blue, that'll be nice, however I don't want to take the windows out until I'm ready for the install, so not sure if I'll really get a feel for how it will look on the car. I'm just waiting for the word the pre-orders are shipping, so I can start watching for the delivery guy.
Old 12/18/06, 05:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Now I have no idea how I am going to paint these, if at all! They look sooooo good. Maybe paint just the most outside surfaces? Or just the most outside as well and the most visible part of the louver? Or the whole thing? Or nothing at all??? Ahhhhhhh....

Sorry. I'm just way too excited about these.
Old 12/18/06, 06:21 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, everyone who ordered between last Wednesday and today is caught up, so now I can do this...

Check out the pictures, both from the show, and in the sun taken today outside. There's a couple where they aren't "in the seat" too well, but that's because they aren't glued in or anything, just being held by little pieces of tape so I can pop them in and out right now.

Also, there is a "punch list" of 10 items I am not 100% happy with that will be addressed over the next couple weeks. All in all though, I'm pretty happy with the way they are coming along, and it seems from what everyone here is saying, you're happy with them too.

On the painting, anything other than the "standard" deal will be custom quoted, and that will obviously affect the lead time of getting it as well - I didn't get the pieces off today as I had hoped, there was just too much catching up to do before that could get handled.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures. Note that the shot where the decal is off in the distance, it's only 1"x5" in size, and it's over 10 feet away... so I think we have the visibility part covered like nobody else can.
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-img_4243_web.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-img_4270_web.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-img_4245_web.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-img_4246_web.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-img_4258_web.jpg  

Louver replacement for quarter window glass-img_4264_web.jpg  
Attached Images     
Old 12/18/06, 06:21 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm wanting to paint everything except for the "look through" area... TORCH RED BABY!
Old 12/18/06, 06:23 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Will there be a SHR logo anywhere on the louver? And if so, will it be removable? I'm curious as I've removed all brand names from my car.
Old 12/18/06, 06:28 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Ok, hit the limit before I got to the picture I mentioned so here we go...

Oh, and our logo *may* make it on the backside where it isn't visible, if there is such a place on this part - otherwise no. We didn't do it on our honeycomb panel on the outside for the same reason, I know a lot of people don't want the logos all around, and will be more than happy to tell people where to get one if they like the piece, rather than me having to advertise on every piece we sell.

If it's there though, it will also have the p/n and the "patent pending" statement - if we can find a place to put it - where we wanted to we can't....
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-img_4259_web.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-img_4262_web.jpg  
Old 12/18/06, 08:23 PM

What else can you say! This is going to be one of the best mods out there!!
Old 12/18/06, 08:37 PM

They look friggin awesome. I can tell by looking at them. That I doubt I'll paint mine due to the fact that I have a black stang. I doubt anyone will have to paint these if they didn't want to. Great job!

If there's a vote. I'd rather not have any logo on the peice.

Old 12/18/06, 11:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Question about second picture in post 569.

Is the outer trim and the edge of each vent the only thing painted in that pic? How much longer will pre-prder be available?

BTW- The louvers look ****ing amazing. Great job.
Legacy TMS Member

Sorry double post.
Legacy TMS Member

Sorry triple post.
Old 12/19/06, 05:57 AM
GT Member

Cool

Wow I really like the flat black
Old 12/19/06, 07:19 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Ok, excuse the crudeness, but it's early in the day...

In the attached image, you can see that the only surface that was painted was the molding edge - and this was done from the backside of the part, not the outside. That's all that was painted, everything else is "as molded". RedBullet can chime in here, when you put the piece in the car, it just about changes color on you. Not as much with a lighter interior and no tint, but it still does darken up. It looks really light when you just hold the part in your hands, but when dropped in place, it definitely is close to where most people will want it to be.

Does that help any?

*On edit* Here's a picture I took yesterday against the tan interior of our truck - you can clearly see the edge here where it was painted if you look at the top of the part.
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-img_4238_web.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 12/19/06, 08:16 AM
Bullitt Member

The piece that was installed in the car at the show was painted inside where the body seam/sealer goes, I had mentioned this in my prior post.

Marcello pulled the piece off the vehicle to show me because with the vehicle inside it was really hard to tell that he had painted the inside.

With the part removed from vehicle it looks really transparent, somewhere around a 30% tint, but when installed because of the other tinted windows and being inside it darkens it up.

I personally think the tint is the right shade and people are going to be hard pressed with the decision to paint the louver.
Old 12/19/06, 09:15 AM

Wow those look so cool. Can't wait to get em installed. I've been messing with a couple sets of CDC louvers for several months now and when i saw these I decided the other ones will not be installed. Marcello thanks for the great products.
Old 12/19/06, 01:35 PM
GT Member

Not sure if this has already been asked but for us Midwest folks what kind of a loss of insulation factor are we looking at when comparing to the original factory sealed glass? Now that I've seen these I think their moving to the top of my list.
Old 12/19/06, 01:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rudiepoo1
Not sure if this has already been asked but for us Midwest folks what kind of a loss of insulation factor are we looking at when comparing to the original factory sealed glass? Now that I've seen these I think their moving to the top of my list.
Shouldn't be any loss. These get re-sealed. The only difference would be between the insulation factor of glass and the material these are made of. Glass is a horrible insulator to begin with though, so you shouldn't see any difference.

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass